SchwiegerB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SchwiegerB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SchwiegerB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SchwiegerB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SchwiegerB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SchwiegerB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SchwiegerB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SchwiegerB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SchwiegerB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SchwiegerB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SchwiegerB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Maintaining muscle while losing a lot of fat

Would it be possible to lose ~40-~50 pounds while maintaining muscle, or possibly slowly gaining muscle? What type of diet would work? I know a lot of people here bulk and cut, but I need to substantial weight before i can do that. I was thinking of trying a keto diet, but i've heard that if you don't get enough carbs your body will use muscle? What do you guys think?

SchwiegerB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SchwiegerB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SchwiegerB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SchwiegerB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SchwiegerB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SchwiegerB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SchwiegerB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SchwiegerB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SchwiegerB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SchwiegerB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SchwiegerB has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by SchwiegerB View Post
    Would it be possible to lose ~40-~50 pounds while maintaining muscle, or possibly slowly gaining muscle? What type of diet would work? I know a lot of people here bulk and cut, but I need to substantial weight before i can do that. I was thinking of trying a keto diet, but i've heard that if you don't get enough carbs your body will use muscle? What do you guys think?
    This is mostly being directed towards people that know from experience or would like to share what they think. Also I'm wanting to RAPIDLY lose fat, i want it off, and asap.

jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Figure out ur maintenance
    And subtract 500-1000 cals and eat that. Ull lose 1-2 lbs a week depending on ur defacit. If u rush it ull lose more muscle than u want to

Get ur macros n check. High protein, glutamine, bcaas, and lifting heavy will help preserve muscle.

And count calories!

Originally Posted by jdies View Post
    Figure out ur maintenance
    And subtract 500-1000 cals and eat that. Ull lose 1-2 lbs a week depending on ur defacit. If u rush it ull lose more muscle than u want to

Get ur macros n check. High protein, glutamine, bcaas, and lifting heavy will help preserve muscle.

And count calories!
    thank you for your response i'll keep that in mind.

BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't think it's a good idea to rapid weightloss at your age, saying that at that age, you are still growing, and rapid weightloss = testosterone loss, which could present much more problems in the future with rapid weightgain and a metabolic disorder.

I suggest, you eat i high protein diet, loss weight slowly.

And count your calories for the first few months till you get the hang of how much you can consume.

Learn about Nutrition, You can basically eat most foods aslong as it's all in moderation, and a balance macro nutrient intake.

Starvation Mode GO! NitrogenWidget's Avatar
    NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NitrogenWidget has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This is mostly being directed towards people that know from experience or would like to share what they think. Also I'm wanting to RAPIDLY lose fat, i want it off, and asap.
    Look at my progress pics.
    I've been on a cut for almost 2 yrs.
    I'd say i've maintained muscle & got stronger. but I hadn't lifted for 10 yrs. It could just be that muscle memory from when I lived in the gym during my 20's.

Over the holidays I stopped eating below maint. (I was sick of dieting. LOL!) & just kept following my workout & made some strength gains for a few months.
    Now since feb. back on a cut.

I've lost 60lbs total. Now when I started I was lifting heavy & just cut fast food & pretty much just ate chicken & veggies & a lot of beer. Actually too much beer & not enough food.(I was recently separated).

Still I dropped 30lbs in a few months just by lifting heavy & working on my house.
    I wouldn't suggest that route.
    But calorie deficit is key.

Then I had to get serious about my diet to keep losing more.
    But Lifting heavy following a modified 5x5 workout program is what did it for me.
    I'd be further along towards my goal (185lbs) if I kept my diet stricter but when you spent the last 10yrs eating what you wanted when you wanted cutting back on food is not easy at all.