Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by soujerz View Post
    Derek I picked up some organic coconut oil to see if the mct's give my training a boost and then realized you use extra virgin the one I got isn't. Is there much of a difference? Should I return it and look for extra virgin? Also how long after breakfast do you wait to take NOVEM and then go train? Unfortunately I waited 4-5 hours after breakfast to train (couldn't help it had things to get done) and I looked very flat at the gym. My breakfast is the same as yours but I have been eating 30 grams of almonds instead of coconut oil.
    I haven't looked into the difference between extra virgin coconut oil and regular coconut oil, but I would guess it is along the same lines as extra virgin olive oil vs. regular olive oil.

Here is something I found:

Refined Coconut Oil

Most commercial grade coconut oils are made from copra. Copra is basically the dried kernel (meat) of the coconut. It can be made by: smoke drying, sun drying, or kiln drying , or derivatives or a combination of these three. If standard copra is used as a starting material, the unrefined coconut oil extracted from copra is not suitable for consumption and must be purified, that is refined. This is because the way most copra is dried is not sanitary. The standard end product made from copra is RBD coconut oil. RBD stands for refined, bleached, and deodorized. High heat is used to deodorize the oil, and the oil is typically filtered through (bleaching) clays to remove impurities. Sodium hydroxide is generally used to remove free fatty acids and prolong shelf life. This is the most common way to mass-produce coconut oil. The older way of producing refined coconut oil was through physical/mechanical refining (see Tropical Traditions Expeller Pressed Coconut Oil.). More modern methods also use chemical solvents to extract all the oil from the copra for higher yields.

RBD oil is also sometimes hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated. This happens mostly in tropical climates, since the natural melting point of coconut oil is about 76 degrees F, and already naturally a solid in most colder climates. Since coconut oil is mostly saturated, there is little unsaturated oil left to hydrogenate. Hydrogenated oils contain trans fatty acids.

Virgin Coconut Oil

There is no industry standard definition for "Virgin Coconut Oil" as there is in the olive oil industry for "Virgin" and "Extra Virgin" olive oil. Today, there are many coconut oils on the market that are labeled as "Virgin Coconut Oil." Tropical Traditions was the first company to publish standards for the use of "Virgin Coconut Oil" in terms of edible oils, and here is what we published over eight years ago:

Virgin Coconut Oil can only be achieved by using fresh coconut meat or what is called non-copra. Chemicals and high heating are not used in further refining, since the natural, pure coconut oil is very stable with a shelf life of several years. There are currently two main processes of manufacturing Virgin Coconut Oil:

1. Quick drying of fresh coconut meat which is then used to press out the oil. Using this method, the coconut meat is quick dried, and the oil is then pressed out via mechanical means. This is the most common type of "Virgin" or "Extra Virgin" (see below) coconut oil sold in the market today that you will find in stores. It is mass-produced. (see our Green Label Virgin Coconut Oil)

2. Wet-milling. With this method the oil is extracted from fresh coconut meat without drying first. "Coconut milk" is expressed first by pressing. The oil is then further separated from the water. Methods which can be used to separate the oil from the water include boiling, fermentation, refrigeration, enzymes and mechanical centrifuge. (see our Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil)

soujerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soujerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soujerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soujerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soujerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soujerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soujerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soujerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soujerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    THANKS DEREK!

I did some researching yesterday too and after reading i agree with what you say it is the same as EVOO vs regular Olive Oil. So i decided to return it and found some Extra Virgin Coconut Oil at a different store.

Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz
    4-28-11

Chest/Delts/Tris

I decided to just do a bunch of machines/cable exercises today.

Incline HS Press + Mini Moster Bands
    140 X 6; 90 X 6, 6, 6, 6

Decline HS Press + Pink Bands
    140 X 6, 6, 6, 6, 6

Nautilus Shoulder Press
    320 X 4 (Wide Grip) RP 320 X 4 (Parallel Handles)

Incline Skull Crusher
    65 X 10
    85 X 10
    105 X 4

Flat Skull Crusher
    115 X 6, 6

1-Arm Cable Side Lateral super-setted with 1-Arm Reverse Tricep Pressdown
    40 X 10/40 X 10
    40 X 10/40 X 10
    40 X 10/40 X 10

Pec Dec
    5 sets

4-29-11: Back + Biceps

HS Pullover
    360 X 4
    270 X 6
    180 X 10 (1 1/2 Reps)

Beast Pulldown
    5 Sets

Standing V-Bar Pulldown
    130 X 10, 10, 10

1-Arm T-Bar Row
    50 X 10, 10, 10

Fat Gripz Hammer Curl super-setted with Beast Curls
    60's X 4 ss/ 6 reps
    60's X 4 ss/ 6 reps
    60's X 4 ss/ 6 reps

Incline BB Drag Curl
    65 X 10, 10, 10, 10

Concentration Curls
    20 X 10 RP 6 RP 4

11 Weeks Out Pics

mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattjansen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Progess is coming along really well Derek! Cant wait to see what those wheels look like shredded!

Do you mind taking a video sometime of how your are doing the HS machines and incorporating the bands? I think I have the idea but just wanted to see how you were doing it.

Keep up the good work man!
    Matt Jansen

Strength Coach for the Strength Guys
    www.thestrengthguys.com
    Individualized program design for strength and sport specific athletes.

Scivation and Primaforce Representative

wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000)
    man i cant get over how ridiculously THICK dem wheels are! nice work man, keep chuggin
    "The weak-minded would shrink away from what must be done for fear of being ridiculed by the wicked" - Terry Goodkind

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"...-Ghandi

Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158667243

Originally Posted by mattjansen View Post
    Progess is coming along really well Derek! Cant wait to see what those wheels look like shredded!

Do you mind taking a video sometime of how your are doing the HS machines and incorporating the bands? I think I have the idea but just wanted to see how you were doing it.

Keep up the good work man!
    Thanks Man! Yeah I will get a video for you. I have done it 2 ways:
    1. Attach the band to a DB on the floor and attach the band where you add the plates.
    2. Attach the band to the rear support beam and attach it to the handles.

Originally Posted by wrkoutfrq View Post
    man i cant get over how ridiculously THICK dem wheels are! nice work man, keep chuggin
    Thanks wrkoutfrq! My legs have always been my strong point.

soujerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soujerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soujerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soujerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soujerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soujerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soujerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soujerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soujerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    DAMN Derek are these pics first thing A.M.? Or post workout? Either way great progress you seem to have lost no size only fat and you don't seem at all flat for the lowered carb intake. Can't wait for peak week pics when you are dry and all carbed up. What would you estimate your B.F. to be right now?

adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Damn Beast! Looking good at 11 weeks out. How long do you plan on holding your condition once you get down to stage ready? Basically, what other shows besides the Michigan one are you gonna try to do?

woofman81 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofman81 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofman81 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofman81 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofman81 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofman81 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofman81 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofman81 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofman81 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofman81 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofman81 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Wow, those 11 week out pics are nasty Derek! You're getting leaner but you still look so big and full. You look "much' bigger than your actual weight.

I honestly can't spot any weaknesses. Lucky bastard
    IFPA Natural Pro bodybuilder

DAMN Derek are these pics first thing A.M.? Or post workout? Either way great progress you seem to have lost no size only fat and you don't seem at all flat for the lowered carb intake. Can't wait for peak week pics when you are dry and all carbed up. What would you estimate your B.F. to be right now?
    Thanks! Those were post-workout after back & biceps.

I will take my weight, waist, and bf% Monday morning and get back to you.

Originally Posted by adamjohn32 View Post
    Damn Beast! Looking good at 11 weeks out. How long do you plan on holding your condition once you get down to stage ready? Basically, what other shows besides the Michigan one are you gonna try to do?
    Thanks! I will play things by ear as I get there. If I am ready early I may look for an earlier show. I would like to do 1-2 other shows in addition to the Michigan Natural.

Originally Posted by woofman81 View Post
    Wow, those 11 week out pics are nasty Derek! You're getting leaner but you still look so big and full. You look "much' bigger than your actual weight.

Thanks! I love hearing I look BIGGER than my weight

I feel like my chest is lacking a little right now because I couldn't train it as hard for about a month. My shoulder is feeling good now though, so I plan on hitting it hard again.

4-30-11: LEG DAY!

I worked out with a friend today and had a GREAT workout.

Squats
    Ramped up doing sets of 5 until we hit 365 X 3.

Rack Squats
    Continued ramping up doing sets of 5 and hit:
    495 X 5
    550 X 5
    585 X 5

Hack Squats
    360 X 6
    270 X 12
    180 X 20

Abductor/Adductor
    50 X 12
    100 X 12
    150 X 12
    200 X 6

HS Calf Raise (Single Leg)
    360 X 10 then both legs 360 X 20

AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME workout today! Squats were so-so because my IT Bands were killing me, but the rack squats exceeded my expectations. Hack squats were killer after all those sets of squats. I will report back tomorrow if I can walk or not LOL.

cbjones01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbjones01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbjones01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbjones01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbjones01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbjones01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbjones01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbjones01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbjones01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbjones01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cbjones01 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by woofman81 View Post

No kidding man. Derek's looking thick as hell! Easily looks 220lbs.

Also Derek, I'm digging the new twitter updates! Keeps me motivated and feeling like I'm in the loop!

wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000)
    neat idea with the rack squats... is the target for those primarily quads?
    "The weak-minded would shrink away from what must be done for fear of being ridiculed by the wicked" - Terry Goodkind

Originally Posted by cbjones01 View Post
    No kidding man. Derek's looking thick as hell! Easily looks 220lbs.

Also Derek, I'm digging the new twitter updates! Keeps me motivated and feeling like I'm in the loop!
    Wow great to hear! I will try to keep up with my twitter updates as well.

neat idea with the rack squats... is the target for those primarily quads?
    I feel them in my quads, hams, and glutes, though you do get a pretty good deep burn in the outer quads when doing these.

5-2-11: Chest/Delts/Tris

Today was a good day, though I didn't feel like it at first. I weighed in at 203.5 lbs (up from my last weigh in) and my waist measured 33" (same as last ime)... I wasn't too pleased (I did take my bf% and measured in at 7.5% though I hadn't taken it in a while so had nothing to compare it to). I felt pretty bloated yesterday and when I woke up this morning I questioned whether I would be ready in time (11 weeks) for my competition. This is something that runs through competitors' minds during prep from time to time, but this morning I was feeling like I wasn't looking my best. Whatever, I eat my meal #1 as planned and then a little later head to the gym for my chest/delt/tri workout. I was wearing a bagging T-shirt over a tank top. After completing all of my bench press sets I took the baggy T-shirt off because I was pretty sweaty. I don't know if it was the pump or I was sweating a lot so wasn't holding as much water or a combination of both, but I was VERY PLEASED with how I was looking in the mirror and feel I looked the best I have ever looked. I also got a few compliments from people saying I looked great and asking me what competition I was getting ready for. Very motivating. Now I bring this up for others who are competing, there will be times when you doubt what you are doing or think you aren't progressing fast enough and won't be ready in time. This could be because you are holding water one day and just look smooth or are bloated for whatever reason, but the important thing to do is not become unmotivated and stick to your plan. Don't do anything drastic or completely change up your program and continue to push through. Contest prep is filled with mind games so don't let the mind games take hold of you and bring you down!

Bench Press- Sets of 5 reps
    Ramped up to 285 X 5
    Not too bad for not being able to bench for like a month due to my shoulder.

Rack Bench Press- Sets of 5 reps
    Ramped up to 315 X 5

DB Shoulder Press
    80's X 8, 7, 6

Incline DB Press
    80's X 8, 7, 6

Flat DB Press (Elbows in)
    80's X 8, 7, 6

Decline HS Press (Hold each contraction for 3 seconds)
    90 X 10
    140 X 8
    180 X 6

By the end of the workout I felt and looked great. I looked full, pumped, and ripped. I was also very pleased with my performance. Today was a good day

co1e_train is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) co1e_train is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) co1e_train is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) co1e_train is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) co1e_train is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) co1e_train is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) co1e_train is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) co1e_train is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) co1e_train is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) co1e_train is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) co1e_train is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Word homie! Your looking flippin huge! Looks way bigger then 203!

So why do you like the rack squats? Do you feel like it nails the quads in a dif way or do you just like squatting from the dead stop?

Keep on rollin' brah!
    Six Star Pro Nutrition Lead Rep

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/six-star-pro/six-star-pro.htm

B.S Exercise Science
    ACSM Health Fitness Specialist Certified
    www.trainwithcole.com -> Physique Transformation Coaching
    YouTube: trainwithcole
    IG: @coledreyer
    Twitter: @ColeD117
    Snap Chat: coledreyer117

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

Originally Posted by co1e_train View Post
    Word homie! Your looking flippin huge! Looks way bigger then 203!

So why do you like the rack squats? Do you feel like it nails the quads in a dif way or do you just like squatting from the dead stop?

Keep on rollin' brah!
    Thanks Cole!

The rack squats are the same concept as rack deads or rack lockouts on bench, they overload the top portion of the lift which will help with lockout strength. I have not done rack squats enough to see if they are going to help my squat strength but I definitely like the way they feel. The thing I like about rack movements is they allow you to overload your muscle beyond what you can lift in the full ROM. Lifting heavy = overload = strength and size.

SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Have you considered doing pressing on your push days? O_o

Real Men Eat Meat and Vegetables.

co1e_train is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) co1e_train is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) co1e_train is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) co1e_train is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) co1e_train is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) co1e_train is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) co1e_train is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) co1e_train is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) co1e_train is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) co1e_train is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) co1e_train is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Thanks Cole!

The rack squats are the same concept as rack deads or rack lockouts on bench, they overload the top portion of the lift which will help with lockout strength. I have not done rack squats enough to see if they are going to help my squat strength but I definitely like the way they feel. The thing I like about rack movements is they allow you to overload your muscle beyond what you can lift in the full ROM. Lifting heavy = overload = strength and size.
    Cool deal man, thanks for the info. Ill have to try them out eventually but for some years down the road. Gotta get my regular squat numbers nice and high, as well as the flat bb and deads before i get all fancy up in here!

B.S Exercise Science

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

Originally Posted by SupaaJ View Post
    Have you considered doing pressing on your push days? O_o

I did some deads + military press on Mon and squats + bench on Tues last week.

Originally Posted by co1e_train View Post
    Cool deal man, thanks for the info. Ill have to try them out eventually but for some years down the road. Gotta get my regular squat numbers nice and high, as well as the flat bb and deads before i get all fancy up in here!
    I agree on getting your strength up on the lifts (general statement not directed to you specifically) before adding in rack lifts/bands/chains/etc.

Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    I did some deads + military press on Mon and squats + bench on Tues last week.

I agree on getting your strength up on the lifts (general statement not directed to you specifically) before adding in rack lifts/bands/chains/etc.
    WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT MY NUMBAS BRO!!?!?!?! COME AT ME!!! lol jk, not srs.

Yeah dude I would like to be able to DL 500 and squat 500 before I get all fancy up in this biz and bench at least 315

B.S Exercise Science

5-2-11: Deadlift Day!

As I started doing deadlifts, after my dynamic warm-ups, I could tell my lower back was not 100%. Not injured, but a little sore/tender. It did not prevent me from deadlifting today, but I know I may have to slow things down or better plan my workouts so I am not squatting and deadlifting with high loads/volume too close together. Anways on to the workout.

Deadlifts
    275 X 5
    295 X 5
    315 X 5
    335 X 5
    355 X 5
    375 X 5
    395 X 5
    415 X 5
    Despite still being able to go heavier I called it a day there on deadlifts.

Next I did a bunch of sets of bent over rows, seated cable rows, machine rows, reverse pec dec, and some shrugs. All between 8-12 reps. I wasn't shooting for anything specific with these as I knew my lower back was iffy.

Then this evening I did 20 mins on the stepmill at level 11 (moved up a level!). I am going to try to consistently increaase the level I do the stepmill at maybe up it by 1 level every 1-2 weeks.

I setup two mirrors so I could see my back while posing. I don't know if it was just the lighting or what but my back is already shredded. I was very pleased to see that. My quads, hams, and glutes still need to tighten up a lot, but my upper body is looking very good at this point in my prep.

awesome workout, wish i could say i can do 350+ for reps on an off day lol

Derek do you take yohimbine HCL when you do your p.m. cardio or just on your HIIT days. I picked up some primaforce yohimbine hcl and took 6 caps pre-cardio which ads up to 15mgs at around 8:00 p.m. and i had a little difficulty getting to sleep last night, i stayed up about two hours longer then usual reading. I read you should dose it at 0.2 mg/kg of bodyweight and i weigh about 100 kilos so i could potentially use 20mgs but i wanted to play it safe so i took only 15mgs. Is this too high of a dose or am i taking it too late at night.

Also how long after meal 1 do you wait to take your novem? Could i just mix my novem in with my morning whey shake and go lift or should i have my shake wait an hour then drink my novem?

gregorymcm is on a distinguished road. (+10) gregorymcm is on a distinguished road. (+10) gregorymcm is on a distinguished road. (+10) gregorymcm is on a distinguished road. (+10) gregorymcm is on a distinguished road. (+10) gregorymcm is on a distinguished road. (+10) gregorymcm is on a distinguished road. (+10) gregorymcm is on a distinguished road. (+10) gregorymcm is on a distinguished road. (+10) gregorymcm is on a distinguished road. (+10) gregorymcm is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    just wondering D, when doing rack squats i find my lower back got really sore when going heavy. when i tried pushing the weight from the dead-stop position i felt like my back was going to snap, any reason for this?

Thanks

awesome workout, wish i could say i can do 350+ for reps on an off day lol
    LOL, its all relative.

Derek do you take yohimbine HCL when you do your p.m. cardio or just on your HIIT days. I picked up some primaforce yohimbine hcl and took 6 caps pre-cardio which ads up to 15mgs at around 8:00 p.m. and i had a little difficulty getting to sleep last night, i stayed up about two hours longer then usual reading. I read you should dose it at 0.2 mg/kg of bodyweight and i weigh about 100 kilos so i could potentially use 20mgs but i wanted to play it safe so i took only 15mgs. Is this too high of a dose or am i taking it too late at night.

Also how long after meal 1 do you wait to take your novem? Could i just mix my novem in with my morning whey shake and go lift or should i have my shake wait an hour then drink my novem?
    I take 4 Yohimbine + 2 Scoops Novem pre-HIIT can pre-cardio in the evening. I have never liked going over 4 caps. I have meal #1 then 2 hours later have my Novem. If you are just having whey in the morning it would be fine to have them both together IMO.

Originally Posted by gregorymcm View Post
    just wondering D, when doing rack squats i find my lower back got really sore when going heavy. when i tried pushing the weight from the dead-stop position i felt like my back was going to snap, any reason for this?

Thanks
    Moving a weight from a dead-stop requires more force than moving a weight through a full range of motion, so rack squats cause a lot of tension in the muscle/joints needed to move the weight. Sounds like your lower back isn't strong enough to do rack squats or at least not the weight you were trying to do.

Thanks for feedback BEAST!

Here's another on for you if you have some free time. I've read an article by Patrick Arnold recently about just how bad whole milk from grain fed cows which are given hormones are, because it has very bad effects on estrogen levels. here's the article a very good read. http://www.musculardevelopment.com/a...your-milk.html

My question is what about the WHEY protein we eat? Be it Scivation Whey or XYZ company whey is this coming from cows who are given high amounts of hormones? And if so does our whey contain atleast some amounts of estrogens in them? I know the worst is whole milk because the fat is what stores all the estrogens and other bad hormones, same with the yolks of free-range chickens vs. cage grain fed chickens and i know that whey protein has very little fat if any at all but does it in theory still contain some amounts of estrogen since its made from cows which are given hormones all the time to keep them in a pregnant mode? If so is there a better choice of WHEY i guess an organic version? Or maybe i should consider switching to whole foods like chicken and grass fed beef for my protein sources?
    Last edited by soujerz; 05-04-2011 at 12:54 PM.

Thanks for feedback BEAST!

Here's another on for you if you have some free time. I've read an article by Patrick Arnold recently about just how bad whole milk from grain fed cows which are given hormones are, because it has very bad effects on estrogen levels. here's the article a very good read. http://www.musculardevelopment.com/a...your-milk.html

My question is what about the WHEY protein we eat? Be it Scivation Whey or XYZ company whey is this coming from cows who are given high amounts of hormones? And if so does our whey contain atleast some amounts of estrogens in them? I know the worst is whole milk because the fat is what stores all the estrogens and other bad hormones, same with the yolks of free-range chickens vs. cage grain fed chickens and i know that whey protein has very little fat if any at all but does it in theory still contain some amounts of estrogen since its made from cows which are given hormones all the time to keep them in a pregnant mode? If so is there a better choice of WHEY i guess an organic version? Or maybe i should consider switching to whole foods like chicken and grass fed beef for my protein sources?
    A lot of the harmful chemicals/compounds/hormones are stored in fat, so when purchasing fatty meats (red meat), eggs, or salmon getting grass fed/free range/wild is ideal. While yes it is better to get free range chicken because the meats are leaner it is not as big of a deal as with the fatty meats.

Depending on where the whey protein comes from it may or may not come from grass fed cows. That being said, the whey protein of the milk is a very low fat component, so like the leaner meats, there is less of a chance of it containing bad things. So I wouldn't be too concerned about whey. I would get grass fed beef/free range eggs/wild salmon if you can afford to do so.

I actually just got a book called "The Untold Story of Milk." Once I read it I will let you know what it says. I am on a waiting list to get raw milk from grass fed cows

For cardio today I ended up just playing basketball (just shooting around by myself) for 45 minutes. At first my shot was sucking, but once I got warmed up I was on fire! At one point I made 8 three-pointers in a row so I was feeling pretty good about that LOL.

5-5-11: Delts/Tris/Chest

Standing Military Press
    Worked up to 165 X 5

Decline Close Grip Bench
    Worked up to 265 X 5

DB Side Laterals
    3 sets

Skull Crushers
    3 sets

Dips
    3 sets

That's it!

I can't think of anything informative or creative right now, so I will leave that for another time LOL