Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    hardrlz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Dextrose in the morning ?

So the first thing that i put in my mouth in the morning is half dose whey and 30 grams of dextrose , 30 minutes after that i have breakfast , is that good or shall i leave the dextrose only post workout ?

Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by hardrlz View Post
    So the first thing that i put in my mouth in the morning is half dose whey and 30 grams of dextrose , 30 minutes after that i have breakfast , is that good or shall i leave the dextrose only post workout ?
    I would leave the overpriced sugar alone.

Eat some eggs and a banana, much more satisfying, if you ask me. Heck, throw some extra cane sugar on your cereal if you feel the need for more sugary carbs.

IGF1-Akt-mTor1/2 Brah braggable's Avatar
    braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why not lunch and diner too?

Lol, JK. Dextrose is a waste of money IMHO.

[Chocohol Crew] - I ain't even scared.

BLEED TIME KREW - BTK! It's about leaving ego at the door, and blood on the floor (c)

B.S. in Molecular and Cellular Biology
    Currently working in Cancer Research

The following users WILL receive reps when I'm off my spread / recharge:

JOE_EDGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) JOE_EDGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) JOE_EDGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) JOE_EDGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) JOE_EDGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) JOE_EDGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) JOE_EDGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) JOE_EDGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) JOE_EDGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) JOE_EDGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) JOE_EDGE is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Supplements IMO are just something used to make up cals and macro's, as Shred suggested some fruit and some eggs will have pretty much same effect and will be alot more satisfying

Reps for Shred, giving all kinds of good advice!
    Twitter - JoeEgerton_

Productivity and Time go hand in hand,
    You must use your time wisely because you can never buy or buy back time.

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    OP, why not skip all that processed stuff and just eat your "breakfast" when you wake up?

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    .... leave the dextrose....
    ^^^^This.

Why not eat a carb source that contains some real nutrition? A piece of fruit, or some oatmeal would be better for your overall health, if that's also a concern for you.

Same deal Post-workout. Just eat a regular meal when it's convenient for you. Unless you just ran a marathon, and have another one coming up in an hour or so, there's no need to jump on anything fast-digesting.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Shrederator View Post
    I would leave the overpriced sugar alone.

Eat some eggs and a banana, much more satisfying, if you ask me. Heck, throw some extra cane sugar on your cereal if you feel the need for more sugary carbs.
    Originally Posted by braggable View Post
    Why not lunch and diner too?

Lol, JK. Dextrose is a waste of money IMHO.
    Originally Posted by JOE_EDGE View Post
    Supplements IMO are just something used to make up cals and macro's, as Shred suggested some fruit and some eggs will have pretty much same effect and will be alot more satisfying

Reps for Shred, giving all kinds of good advice!
    Originally Posted by snorkelman View Post
    OP, why not skip all that processed stuff and just eat your "breakfast" when you wake up?
    All of these ^. And then you can get creative and use the dextrose as part of some elaborate prank on April 1st.

Aesthetically pleased fretslayer's Avatar
    fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you're going for all out mass mode, then yeah the shake with simple sugars first thing in the morning prior to your actual breakfast is a good call. Instead of the dextrose, use honey, or even table sugar in whey shake. Should do the trick!
    Lee Priest for President

Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by fretslayer View Post
    If you're going for all out mass mode, then yeah the shake with simple sugars first thing in the morning prior to your actual breakfast is a good call. Instead of the dextrose, use honey, or even table sugar in whey shake. Should do the trick!
    How are the simple carbs going to help him build mass, besides contributing to his overall carb/calorie requirement for the day?

braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How are the simple carbs going to help him build mass, besides contributing to his overall carb/calorie requirement for the day?
    in for clarity, as well.

BLEED TIME KREW - BTK! It's about leaving ego at the door, and blood on the floor (c)

fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000)
    It simply helps him get his body into anabolic mode faster, as well as boosts caloric intake.
    Lee Priest for President

It simply helps him get his body into anabolic mode faster, as well as boosts caloric intake.
    What is the "anabolic mode"?

CharH06 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CharH06 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CharH06 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CharH06 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CharH06 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CharH06 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CharH06 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CharH06 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CharH06 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CharH06 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CharH06 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

i think its when u reach super saiyan 4

pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    put it in your morning coffee

getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000) getgot211 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    oh, its that special time in boys life when...
    "Why would you want to eat a vegetable unless it was wrapped in bacon?" Michael Symon

Alwyn Cosgrove steals other peoples work.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124530811

JOE_EDGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) JOE_EDGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) JOE_EDGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) JOE_EDGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) JOE_EDGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) JOE_EDGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) JOE_EDGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) JOE_EDGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) JOE_EDGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) JOE_EDGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) JOE_EDGE is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Twitter - JoeEgerton_

Yeah i eat real breakfast but half an hour after the whey and dextrose and i do it this way because from what i have heard the body is in catabolic state in the morning and it needs fast acting protein and carbs( i am not sure for the carbs this is why i ask) to stop catabolism , am i mistaken ?

Oh I didn't mention I was a professor in Broscientology?
    Lee Priest for President

Haha. Well played sir. Well played.

A BRO-fessor :P
    Twitter - JoeEgerton_

Yeah i eat real breakfast but half an hour after the whey and dextrose and i do it this way because from what i have heard the body is in catabolic state in the morning and it needs fast acting protein and carbs( i am not sure for the carbs this is why i ask) to stop catabolism , am i mistaken ?
    This is exactly why I said what I said, the simple sugars simply digest faster, therefore in effect stopping catabolism that much faster. If you're training hard and heavy, you should be waking up starving. Getting that liquid meal in first thing is just an extra step you "can" take to feed your muscles when they need it.

I'm not an expert, but I have done my homework over the years and found that this helped me in my quest for more muscle at the time that was my goal.
    Lee Priest for President

Run until it hurts belairdfence99's Avatar
    belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    That's retarded, pure sugar has very little flavor and is a pretty big waste of calories IMO
    **MISC Running Crew**

You are what you eat, love what you are.

"are u guys fuking wizard chefs??? surely u don't eat like this all the time...." TheDarkKnight27

I may or may not have gotten my avi idea from American_Psycho

joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This is exactly why I said what I said, the simple sugars simply digest faster, therefore in effect stopping catabolism that much faster. If you're training hard and heavy, you should be waking up starving. Getting that liquid meal in first thing is just an extra step you "can" take to feed your muscles when they need it.

I'm not an expert, but I have done my homework over the years and found that this helped me in my quest for more muscle at the time that was my goal.
    stfu

gtfo

Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Being an expert in broscience in my past, I believe he is talking about dex creating an insulin spike. Spiked insulin = anabolic mode.

Not saying I agree, just explaining it.

So i should stick with the dextrose in the morning ?

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    from what i have heard the body is in catabolic state in the morning and it needs fast acting protein and carbs...to stop catabolism , am i mistaken ?

Yes, you are mistaken. Science shows us that going 20+ hours with zero food will not result in any appreciable LBM loss. So, sleeping 8 hours and waking up isn't going to be more detrimental than 20 hours.

no

MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    from what i have heard the body is in catabolic state in the morning and it needs fast acting protein and carbs( i am not sure for the carbs this is why i ask) to stop catabolism
    1. you heard wrong
    2. any "fast-acting" effect of dextrose and whey is killed by having your breakfast prior to it

double fail of mega proportions

bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbrock293 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I once fell into the "dextrose in the morning and after workouts" crew. After one tub of it, I realized that it did nothing more for me. I have since dumped all my usual daily supplements with the exception of a blended protein, creatine, and a multi and have continued to gain and slightly more. Broscience if you ask me, based on personal experience and seeing the light.

Do you do drugs Danny? majorchamp's Avatar
    majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by bbrock293 View Post
    I once fell into the "dextrose in the morning and after workouts" crew. After one tub of it, I realized that it did nothing more for me. I have since dumped all my usual daily supplements with the exception of a blended protein, creatine, and a multi and have continued to gain and slightly more. Broscience if you ask me, based on personal experience and seeing the light.
    damnit.

I currently am on my tub of NOW Carbo-Gain (maltodextrin) which I assume falls into the exact same category as Dextrose, amirite?

I am currently doing the PWO drink of whey + carbo-gain thinking its supposed to transport the protein into my muscles quicker.

So that theory is broscience?

dizzzane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dizzzane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dizzzane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dizzzane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dizzzane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dizzzane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dizzzane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dizzzane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dizzzane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dizzzane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dizzzane has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    At least you that put puzzle together rather quickly.