Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by majorchamp View Post
    damnit.

I currently am on my tub of NOW Carbo-Gain (maltodextrin) which I assume falls into the exact same category as Dextrose, amirite?

I am currently doing the PWO drink of whey + carbo-gain thinking its supposed to transport the protein into my muscles quicker.

So that theory is broscience?
    Maltodextrin is a very expensive source of carbs (try bread).

Even if you were to subscribe to Broscience Monthly, you're doing it wrong. Broscience states that you need a fast metabolizing carb (dextrose/sugar) to create teh insulinz spikez, and malto is not ideal for this. Of course, it really doesn't matter.

Do you do drugs Danny? majorchamp's Avatar
    majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Shrederator View Post
    Maltodextrin is a very expensive source of carbs (try bread).

Even if you were to subscribe to Broscience Monthly, you're doing it wrong. Broscience states that you need a fast metabolizing carb (dextrose/sugar) to create teh insulinz spikez, and malto is not ideal for this. Of course, it really doesn't matter.
    I thought maltodextrin was simply an alternative to dextrose/sugar, and one that had a better absorption rate.

jesus tap dancing christ...need to go read up some more.

Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I thought maltodextrin was simply an alternative to dextrose/sugar, and one that had a better absorption rate.

jesus tap dancing christ...need to go read up some more.
    If I were you, I would just cut out the malto/dextrose supps completely, but to each his own.

IGF1-Akt-mTor1/2 Brah braggable's Avatar
    braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ...need to go read up some more.
    This is the smartest thing I've read on the threads today.

Knowledge is more than half the battle.

[Chocohol Crew] - I ain't even scared.

BLEED TIME KREW - BTK! It's about leaving ego at the door, and blood on the floor (c)

B.S. in Molecular and Cellular Biology
    Currently working in Cancer Research

The following users WILL receive reps when I'm off my spread / recharge:

Originally Posted by braggable View Post
    This is the smartest thing I've read on the threads today.

Knowledge is more than half the battle.
    The problem is that he is going to run over to supp forum and try to figure out which sugar he needs instead of reading nutrition stickies methinks.

JOE_EDGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) JOE_EDGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) JOE_EDGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) JOE_EDGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) JOE_EDGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) JOE_EDGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) JOE_EDGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) JOE_EDGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) JOE_EDGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) JOE_EDGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) JOE_EDGE is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just eat fruit...christ.
    Twitter - JoeEgerton_

Productivity and Time go hand in hand,
    You must use your time wisely because you can never buy or buy back time.

majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000) majorchamp is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Shrederator View Post
    If I were you, I would just cut out the malto/dextrose supps completely, but to each his own.
    I am at the point, honestly, of giving up on supplements period. No more multi, no more fish oil, no more l-arginine, no more garlic, no more ginseng, no more maltodextrin, no more whey protein, no more anything. How about I eat bread and water everyday...seems like everything is f*cking broscience.

Do multi's REALLY do anything for you? who the fack knows.
    Does Fish oil really do anything? who the fack knows.
    Hell, does whey protein do anything?

I am of course being sarcastic with some of that, I do know you need protein and you don't want to have vitamin deficiencies, but this entire industry has mind-f*cked me into oblivion.

I am at the point, honestly, of giving up on supplements period. No more multi, no more fish oil, no more l-arginine, no more garlic, no more ginseng, no more maltodextrin, no more whey protein, no more anything. How about I eat bread and water everyday...seems like everything is f*cking broscience.

Do multi's REALLY do anything for you? who the fack knows.
    Does Fish oil really do anything? who the fack knows.
    Hell, does whey protein do anything?

I am of course being sarcastic with some of that, I do know you need protein and you don't want to have vitamin deficiencies, but this entire industry has mind-f*cked me into oblivion.
    That's the point.

IGF1-Akt-mTor1/2 Brah braggable's Avatar
    braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am at the point, honestly, of giving up on supplements period. No more multi, no more fish oil, no more l-arginine, no more garlic, no more ginseng, no more maltodextrin, no more whey protein, no more anything. How about I eat bread and water everyday...seems like everything is f*cking broscience...
    Wow, this guy learns quickly. I am genuinely proud of you.

[Chocohol Crew] - I ain't even scared.

BLEED TIME KREW - BTK! It's about leaving ego at the door, and blood on the floor (c)

B.S. in Molecular and Cellular Biology
    Currently working in Cancer Research

The following users WILL receive reps when I'm off my spread / recharge:

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    I do know you need protein and you don't want to have vitamin deficiencies, but this entire industry has mind-f*cked me into oblivion.
    That is the supplement industry's job, and they do it extremely well. The #1 reason for all the broscience and bull$hit involved with bodybuilding nutrition is the supp "advices" and supp ads in the mags, and the relentless shilling of supps across this site by supplement reps.

$$$$$$$$$$$
    No brain, no gain.

You can't out-train bad nutrition.

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym---updated pics:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Workout Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

ok, bread and water it is

Batesy1979 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you're going to use a fast acting carbohydrate use dextrose not fruit or table sugar. Table sugar is part fructose same as fruit and will be stored in your liver not your muscles primarily. Dextrose is good to use if you are carb loading although I don't think you need it first thing in the morning as well as breakfast unless you don't have time to eat breakfast for a few hours after waking up 

AlwaysEatingLG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlwaysEatingLG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlwaysEatingLG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlwaysEatingLG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlwaysEatingLG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlwaysEatingLG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlwaysEatingLG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlwaysEatingLG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlwaysEatingLG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlwaysEatingLG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlwaysEatingLG is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by snorkelman View Post
    Yes, you are mistaken. Science shows us that going 20+ hours with zero food will not result in any appreciable LBM loss. So, sleeping 8 hours and waking up isn't going to be more detrimental than 20 hours.

no
    This is what I don't understand. Everyone here agrees you won't lose lean mass in at least 20 hours, and yet, IF is taboo for a cut.

Budjola has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Budjola has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Budjola has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Budjola has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Budjola has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Budjola has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Budjola has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Budjola has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Budjola has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Budjola has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Budjola has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    just have a normal breakfast, eggs, oats, porridge, fruits (pineapple, watermelon, berries)
    I always tell the truth, even when I lie.
    Podcast 24/7 crew
    Conspiracy crew

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by AlwaysEatingLG View Post
    This is what I don't understand. Everyone here agrees you won't lose lean mass in at least 20 hours, and yet, IF is taboo for a cut.
    It's not taboo, it's just not optimal for body composition. Anything that makes it easier for you to produce a net calorie deficit will help you lose weight. However IF is suboptimal as far as protein dose timing goes - so you retain less muscle on a cut which is not what most people want.

BTW, dumping some refined carb into your system is just a waste of calories. There is no good reason for taking "fast acting" carbs - if you want further information read the sticky threads on pre/post workout nutrition timing.

AlwaysEatingLG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlwaysEatingLG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlwaysEatingLG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlwaysEatingLG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlwaysEatingLG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlwaysEatingLG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlwaysEatingLG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlwaysEatingLG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlwaysEatingLG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlwaysEatingLG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlwaysEatingLG is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    It's not taboo, it's just not optimal for body composition. Anything that makes it easier for you to produce a net calorie deficit will help you lose weight. However IF is suboptimal as far as protein dose timing goes - so you retain less muscle on a cut which is not what most people want.

BTW, dumping some refined carb into your system is just a waste of calories. There is no good reason for taking "fast acting" carbs - if you want further information read the sticky threads on pre/post workout nutrition timing.
    Sub-optimal? Many studies suggest no lean mass loss within the first 20 hours, IF is for 12 to 18 hours. So where is the decreased lean mass retention?

Because of the max MPS rate and any protein over that MPS limit is oxidized study? The problem with this study is it does not take into account the increased activity of the anabolic receptors in response to fasting daily. The max MPS rate ceiling will not be reached by someone in a calorie deficit And daily fasted state. Why does everyone think about MPS in 24 hour windows? What happens when you do not fully recover all of your muscle mass in that one day? Does your body forget it has to heal that muscle? Or will your body simply increase the activity of your anabolic receptors the next day to raise your MPS ceiling and repair your muscles

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    The 20 hour number is not an absolute. If you have been in a harsh deficit for a prolonged period, you will be losing lean mass regardless of meal distribution.

Suboptimal timing of MPS events means less opportunities to replace lost muscle - so higher net loss. Remember that protein turnover is a dynamic environment, the net effect is the difference between losses and synthesis.

Incidentally, this is exactly the same reasoning for IF being suboptimal for muscle gain - just that the turnover is skewed more to the negative.

Registered User arthurjgallegos's Avatar
    arthurjgallegos is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Dextrose in the morning

Dexrose with a protein supplement after fasting, and after intense training is an excellent strategy for taking advantage of insulin sensitivity. Corn sugar, specifically dextrrose mimics glucose well enough to carry potassium, nitrogen and carbs to every effected and damaged cell in your body. Stick to your strategy of dextrose/protein first thing in the morning and after weight training. Consider creatine post workout as well.

AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by arthurjgallegos View Post
    Dexrose with a protein supplement after fasting, and after intense training is an excellent strategy for taking advantage of insulin sensitivity. Corn sugar, specifically dextrrose mimics glucose well enough to carry potassium, nitrogen and carbs to every effected and damaged cell in your body. Stick to your strategy of dextrose/protein first thing in the morning and after weight training. Consider creatine post workout as well.
    Check the thread date
    The power of carbs compels me!

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by arthurjgallegos View Post
    No. Everthing you believe is wrong.

Supplementing dextrose makes no sense for resistance exercise.
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/