Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    ilikeDC is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilikeDC is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilikeDC is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilikeDC is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilikeDC is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilikeDC is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilikeDC is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilikeDC is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilikeDC is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilikeDC is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilikeDC is on a distinguished road. (+10)

My Cutting Progress

Approximately 2 weeks ago I began a cut in hopes for being low bodyfat % by my highschool graduation (my goal)(June 2011). I have been lifting for about the last year seriously but probably for the past 3 years without having much knowledge on training, nutrition, etc... Although I was mainly into strength training instead of training for hypertrophy, I gained a considerable amount of muscle mass which I would like to see without much bodyfat, hence my goal. This entire Spring I will be playing on my high school lacrosse team which involves a ton of long distance running and sprints so I think I'll be all set for cardio. My diet is roughly as follows:

Breakfast: 2 whole eggs, 6 egg whites, ON BCAA + Caffeine powder

Morning Snack: 75g Myofusion shake

Lunch: 2 cans tuna + lowfat mayo

Afternoon Snack: Cottage cheese + fruit

Pre workout: caffeine+bcaa powder
    Post workout: 75g Myofusion shake

Dinner: Chicken breast

Nighttime Snack: cottage cheese

I try to focus on high protein (300g+), low carbs (+/- 100g) and low/moderate fats (+/- 50g). I will try to post some pictures but I'm not sure how that will end up.
    Last edited by ilikeDC; 03-15-2011 at 06:58 PM.

ilikeDC is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilikeDC is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilikeDC is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilikeDC is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilikeDC is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilikeDC is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilikeDC is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilikeDC is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilikeDC is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilikeDC is on a distinguished road. (+10) ilikeDC is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It is difficult to fill out my tall frame but I'm trying! And please pardon my bacne lol
    Attached Images

Tonight I trained Shoulders & Triceps. I am currently on a maintenance phase of a suggested Dorian Yates Routine. For about 4-6 weeks I go all out and record all my lifts and try to get better every single workout. I am currently in the third and final week of the maintenance phase and only have a few more workouts to go. I decided to not record my reps or weight for the maint. phase but more just to lift to reach failure. Here is what I did tonight:

Dumbell Military Press
    Dumbell Front Raises
    Dumbell Side Laterals
    Shoulder Bombs (exercise suggested by Roelly Winklaar)

One-Arm Overhead Dumbell Extensions
    Incline Skullcrushers
    One-Arm Cable Extensions

Dumbell Shrugs

I had a great workout and I weighed in at about 233 (for reference I was about 238 when starting the cut).

I trained chest & biceps today. I decided I've been in the maintenance phase for a solid amount of time so it was back to going all out. Here's what I did:

Decline Bench Press: 275x3 (+3 forced reps)
    Incline Dumbell Press: 100sx8
    Incline Dumbell Flye: 70x9
    Alternating Incline Dumbell Curl: 60sx5
    Concentration Curl: 45x8 (each arm)
    Pinwheel Curl: 80sx8

I only record the final set because that is the only set I go to failure. For the first exercise of each muscle group I do two warm up sets and for each consecutive exercise I either do one on no warm up at all because the muscle is already activated and pre-exhausted.

Today, I trained Back. I enjoy going to the gym on the weekends because it is always practically empty.

Dumbell Pullover- 80 x 8
    Pullups- Bodyweight x 10
    Unilateral Hammer Strength Row- 3 plates x 12
    Wide-Grip Cable Row- 210 x 8
    Deadlifts- 405 x 6
    Dumbell Shrugs- 100s x 20

My gym's dumbells only go up to 100 pounds which is slightly disappointing but it is not too big of a loss compared to the positive aspects of the gym. I felt great today, especially after the deadlifts. I wish I could lift at around 10 A.M. everyday!

umadphaggot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) umadphaggot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) umadphaggot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) umadphaggot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) umadphaggot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) umadphaggot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) umadphaggot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) umadphaggot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) umadphaggot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) umadphaggot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) umadphaggot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    damn brah, your a pretty big dude.

strong lifts. gonna be looking beast when you hit that shredded status

Thanks a lot man! I trained Shoulders & Triceps today and was feeling great, I always enjoy lifting on weekends.

Dumbell Military Press- 100s x 5
    Dumbell Laterals- 60s x 7
    Cable Laterals- 75 x 8
    Rear Delt Dumbell Flye- 40s x 11

Incline Skullcrushers- 100 x 10
    Underhand Grip Cable Extension- 150 x 12
    One-arm Cable Extension- 70 x 10

Lacrosse tryouts start up tomorrow and I'm a captain! The first week is always hell, lots of sprints and long distance runs of 3 miles+ so hopefully I survive to lift tomorrow!

After the first day of the most insane lacrosse practice of my life, I trained Chest & Biceps.

Decline Bench Press- 275 x 4
    Incline Dumbell Press- 100s x 9
    Incline Dumbell Flye- 70s x 10

Incline Alternating Dumbell Curls- 60s x 6
    Concentration Curls- 45 x 10
    Pinwheel Curls- 85 x 7

Overall, a great workout although I was pretty exhausted heading into the gym. Today, our first day of lacrosse practice consisted of 30 degree weather, snow, sprints, and long distance running. I also never wear a shirt under my equipment but I believe this was to my benefit... I got a very hard slash on my arm that would usually hurt like a bitch but I barely even felt it! My coach said it will be worse tomorrow...

I'm extremely sore after the first day of lacrosse and today's conditioning was equally as bad but I still sucked it up to train Back:

Dumbell Pullovers- 85 x 8
    Pullups- BW x 10
    Hammer Strength Unilateral Row- 3 plates + 25 x 10
    Widegrip Cable Row- 220 x 8
    Deadlift- 455 x 1

Besides being incredibly sore from the waist down I had a pretty great workout. This is the first time I have ever tried going above 405 in deadlifts since I found out my pelvis was shifted, a similar injury to anyone familiar to Jay Cutler's. The injury screwed with a bumch of my lower vertebrae and I suffered severe back spasms every time I partook in a physical activity. I fixed this problem through physical therapy and rest and I felt comfortable enough today to go for a high single, my highest before was 515. I also forgot to post these pictures from last night:
    Attached Images

After taking yesterday off due to not having enough time to go to the gym, I did Shoulders & Triceps tonight:

Dumbell Military Press- 100s x 6
    Dumbell Laterals- 65s x 7
    Cable Laterals- 80 x 7
    Reverse Dumbell Flye- 45s x 10

Incline Skullcrusher- 110 x 10
    Underhand Cable Extension- 150 x 15
    One Arm Cable Extension- 75 x 10

I tried a free sample of 1MR pre-workout stuff I got with my order of Myofusion but it was nothing special from my usual caffeine shake. I felt great after a day of rest and a small nap before hitting the gym. I'm taking tomorrow off because my first lacrosse jamboree is at 8am Saturday morning, but I will train Chest & Biceps after that. For those of you wondering where my leg training is, I do not train them during lacrosse season or hockey season because those are my priorities and not building my legs. I love training legs and I look forward to the day lacrosse ends so I can return to training them.

I was back into the gym today to hit Chest & Biceps:

Decline Bench Press- 275 x 5
    Incline Dumbell Press- 100s x 10
    Incline Dumbell Flye- 75 x 8

Incline Dumbell Curl- 60s x 7
    Concentration Curl- 50 x 6
    Pinwheel Curl- 85s x 8

I've been feeling great in the gym lately and continue to make progress in my lifts.

Great day to hit the gym this afternoon so I did Back.

Dumbell Pullovers- 90 x 8
    Pullups- Bodyweight x 11
    Hammer Strength Low Row- 3 plates + 35 x 10
    Cable Row- 230 x 8
    Dumbell Shrug- 100s x 22

I have decided not to do any deadlifts during lacrosse season. The day after deadlifting I find it very difficult to do sprints during lacrosse and although it is one of my favorite lifts, they drain me a lot. I hope I can make it 2+ months without them...

After a 4 hour lacrosse practice I had some dinner and then headed to the gym for Shoulders & Triceps:

Dumbell Military Press- 100s x 7
    Dumbell Laterals- 65s x 8
    Cable Laterals- 80 x 8
    Reverse Dumbell Flyes- 50s x 8

Incline Skullcrusher- 110 x 12
    One-arm Cable Extension- 80 x 10
    Reverse Grip Cable Extension- 150 x 16

I decided to switch up the order for triceps as it was becoming too easy to do the full stack for the reverse grip extensions...I will likely find a new exercise to replace them in the near future.

I hit Chest & Biceps today after a lacrosse scrimmage:

Decline Bench Press- 275 x 5
    Incline Dumbbell Press- 100s x 11
    Incline Dumbbell Flye- 80s x 8

Incline Dumbbell Curl- 60s x 7
    Concentration Curl- 50 x 7
    Pinwheel Curls- 90s x 6

Although I improved on a few exercises, I did not improve on all of them which is my goal every time I enter the gym. This workout was not a complete success but not horrible.

I took yesterday off due to being extremely exhausted and a night full of scholarship applications. I have taken the past 2 days off from lacrosse with inflamed tendons in my knee but I still did Back tonight:

Dumbbell Pullovers- 95 x 6
    Pullups- Bodyweight x 12
    Hammer Strength Row- 4 plates x 10
    Wide-grip Cable Row- 240 x 8
    Dumbell Shrug- 100s x 25

I will be able to return to playing lacrosse in a day or two. My knee certainly didn't bother me tonight at the gym, I felt great. I will be updating with pictures sometime in the next couple of days.

Today, I hit the gym early because my school was let out early due to electrical problems, I hit shoulders & triceps

Dumbbell military press- 100s x 8
    Dumbbell laterals- 70s x 5
    Cable laterals- 80 x 10
    Reverse dumbbell flyes- 50s x 10

Incline skullcrusher- 110 x 13
    One-arm cable extension- 85 x 10
    Overhead dumbbell extension- 40 x 7

A great workout as I prefer lifting in the morning and the snow storm postponed my lacrosse game and I had no practice or school today.

Got to the gym nice and early today because my lacrosse game was cancelled. I did Chest & Biceps:

Decline Bench Press- 280 x 4
    Incline Dumbbell Press- 100s x 12
    Incline Dumbbell Flye- 85s x 7

Standing Alternating Dumbell Curls- 60s x 8
    Concentration Curls- 50 x 8
    Pinwheel Curls- 90s x 8

No lacrosse tomorrow either so I will update with pics and weight before I hit Back.

Wants To LiftNoodBrah Nullery76's Avatar
    Nullery76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nullery76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nullery76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nullery76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nullery76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nullery76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nullery76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nullery76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nullery76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nullery76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nullery76 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    changes visible between pics. Strong lifts and size, going to look awesome after cut.
    BANG BANG ALPHA GANG

Nullery76 and Ryandrummer's B.B.A.G. Bulking Log!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135204521

JEpst is a complete loser! (-2000) JEpst is a complete loser! (-2000) JEpst is a complete loser! (-2000) JEpst is a complete loser! (-2000) JEpst is a complete loser! (-2000) JEpst is a complete loser! (-2000) JEpst is a complete loser! (-2000) JEpst is a complete loser! (-2000) JEpst is a complete loser! (-2000) JEpst is a complete loser! (-2000) JEpst is a complete loser! (-2000)
    in.

awesome strength.
    ***Los Angeles MISC Crew***

***Long.Live.JEpst Crew***
    ***JEpst Crew***
    ***JEPST***

Thanks a lot guys! I'll be sure to check in on your logs as well! Here are some pics after I weighed in at 221 this morning before eating.
    Attached Images

Just got back from training Back, the gym was basically empty, it was awesome..:

Dumbbell Pullover- 95 x 8
    Pullups- BW x 13
    Hammer Strength Row- 4plates + 10 x 10
    Wide-Grip Cable Row- 250 x 6
    Dumbbell Shrugs- 100 x 25

I had an incredible urge to poop midway through my workout. The poop itself was incredible and I believe this made it an even better workout, love when that happens.

Trained Shoulders & Triceps today before lacrosse practice:

Dumbbell Military Press- 100s x 8
    Dumbbell Laterals- 70s x 6
    Cable Laterals- 85 x 8
    Reverse Dumbbell Flyes- 50s x 12

Incline Skullcrushers- 115 x 8
    Overhead Dumbbell Extension (one-arm)- 40 x 10
    Cable Extension (one-arm)- 90 x10

I feel I am beginning to lose form and am too concerned with increasing my weight. Next workout I am going to tighten up my form but still try to go heavy.

Took yesterday off because I had my first lacrosse game and a lot of homework after. Decided today to switch it up. Instead of doing my usual high intensity, low rep stuff I really focused on form and feeling the exercises. I super-setted Chest & Biceps before my lacrosse practice.

Decline Bench Press- 225 x 12 drop to 135
    -super set-
    Alternating Dumbbell Curls- 55s x 8

Incline Dumbbell Flyes- 45s x 15
    -super set-
    Concentration Curls- 40 x 10

Pushups- BW x 25
    -super set-
    Cable Curls- 150 x 6 drop to 110 to 70

I had an incredible pump after this short but effective workout. I plan on continuing doing this for at least a few weeks to shock my body. I am going to do different exercises every time I work a muscle group.

I've taken the past couple days off due to a lot of lacrosse but I'm heading to the gym in a bit so I will update!

Headed into the gym with a goal to really get a good stretch in my lats and try to feel every exercise.

Dumbbell Pullover- 100 x 6
    Dumbbell Rows- 100 x 8
    Pullups- (wide grip) BW x 5 (close grip) BW x 6
    Cable Pullover- 150 x15x15 drop 120 to 90

I had a great pump the entire workout from focusing on the negative part of each exercise. I will train shoulders and triceps tomorrow.

Went into the gym today with my goal being to not give a single fauk about weights, and really concentrate on form. It helped that noone was there so I could toss my ego. Not going to record weights or reps because it didn't matter to me today.

Dumbbell Military Press
    Dumbbell Front Raises
    Seated Dumbbell Laterals
    Shoulder Bombs
    Upright Row

Close-Grip Bench Press
    Overhead Dumbbell Extension
    V-Bar Cable Pushdown

This was an incredible workout. I felt every single movement I did working on my muscles and the pumps were great. I am going to continue this style of training until I either become tired of it or feel my body has adjusted to it. I believe any style of training is worthwhile and effective if you truly stick to it and are consistent with it for weeks at a time.

After injuring my hamstring in my lacrosse game today, I still went to the gym. I'm not quite sure what I did to my hamstring but it hurt a lot.

Incline Bench Press- 225 x 6
    Incline Dumbbell Flye- 50 x 12
    Cable Flye- 75 x 12

Alternating Dumbbell Curl- 45s x 10
    EZ Preacher Curls- 25's x 8
    Cable Concentration Curl- 45 x 15

I'm still aiming to concentrate on form and really exhausting the muscle and it has made me feel great during and after the past couple workouts.

Sat out of practice today but went to the gym to train Back:

Dumbbell Pullovers- 3 sets 100 x 5
    Dumbbell Rows- 3 sets 100 x 8
    Pull Ups- 3 sets BW x 6
    Cable Low Row- 3 sets 200 x 10
    Dumbbell Shrugs- 3 sets 100s x 15

This is the most volume I have done in a long time and my chest is very sore from the high volume and intensity during yesterday's workout.

After my lacrosse game today, I got to the gym pretty late and was not able to complete my workout:

Smith Military Press
    185x10
    185x10
    185x10

Dumbbell Military Press
    80sx7
    80sx7
    80sx7

Dumbbell Laterals
    45sx12
    45sx12
    45sx12

Reverse Pec Deck
    100x20
    100x20
    100x20

Incline Skullcrusher
    100x12

The gym was closing down when I was in the middle of my skullcrushers so I finished up the set and headed out. Although I'm a little upset I wasn't able to finish my workout, it's nothing too ridiculous.

Trained Chest and Biceps yesterday but forgot to post it.

Incline Bench Press
    225 x 6
    225 x 5
    225 x 5 drop to 135

Incline Dumbbell Flye
    50s x 10
    50s x 10
    50s x 10

Push Ups
    BW x 25
    BW x 23
    BW x 21

Dumbbell Curls
    50s x 8
    50s x 8
    50s x 8

Barbell Curls
    95 x 8
    95 x 8
    95 x 7

Low Cable Curl
    40 x 15
    40 x 15
    40 x 15

This was a great workout as I really aimed for getting a pump and I felt incredible. I am extremely sore today.