GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000)

*Everything's Better With Cheddar - Sarah's Keto Log*

Hello everyone!

I'm not new to the Keto diet at all, but I haven't done it in a couple years so I thought I'd post up a log to track my progress and get some good feedback.

A little history on me:

I've been working out since about 2002. That was when I first started becoming food conscious as well. Since then I've tried just about every diet under the sun, but have always preferred low carb with refeeds.
    I competed in 2009 in Figure, it was a rollercoaster prep that actually only consisted of 8 weeks of hard dieting, and I probably shouldn't have even gotten on stage, but I figured I worked my ass off and wanted to experience it. I did, and it was a blast! After that show I rebounded pretty badly, switched trainers and really wanted to do well for my next show so I took last year off to lift hard, then diet down and see where I was at. Unfortunately after 32 weeks of strict (VERY strict, no cheats) dieting I was worn down. I went mental and just STOPPED everything in November. Over the holidays I gained way too much weight from rebound, once again, and gave up on my dreams of competing. I stopped training consistently, tried switching coaches again, couldn't stick to a plan to save my life... I was a mess. I eventually gained back ALL the weight I had lost during that 32 weeks of dieting.
    I finally started getting things back on track in February, slowly.. Training has been very consistent, diet has been on and off... I've been holding at my current weight for a few weeks (based off clothing fit, I'm not sure what the number is because I haven't actually weighed in yet), and just started Keto this week.
    So, my goals right now are just not to go overboard. Keep cals in check and refeeds when neccessary (mentally/physically, with a minimum of 6 days between and keeping them to about 24 hours, 48 if needed).
    I am still on the fence about whether or not to weigh in. I think I should, just once a week to make sure things are moving along, but the mental game of numbers is really frustrating for me at times. I might just go off feel/progress pictures/measurements. When I decide I will be sure to post that up!

The long term goal:

After dieting so long last year I realized once I leaned out I just felt skinny. I want more muscle. Its a long process, I know that, but that's what I'm working towards. I admire muscular physiques like Ava Cowan, Monica Brant, Tanji Johnson... I don't care how long it takes, how many more years I need to invest, time is on my side. I do want to drop about 10lbs-15lbs of fat for now (strictly for vanity reasons, plus I feel best at that size), then work on building more muscle but staying as close to that weight as possible.

So, onto the plan:

Currently I'm lifting 3x a week, full body workouts. I found starting back up slowly has kept me consistent. So I'll stick to this schedule for a bit and eventually switch to a 4 day split when I feel ready to do so. I also finally added cardio back in a couple weeks ago. I had taken all this time off of cardio, which wasn't great for my waist-line LOL. So I am aiming to get in 3 45min sessions a week (non-lifting days) and when I lift I usually warm up with a 10min walk and end the session with 10min walking as well.

The numbers:

My goal is to get around 1700 cals/day. If I need more I'll have more, but I want to always keep it under about 2200.
    I split my meals up into 5 per day. Each being 21g Fat and 32g Protein, obviously zero carbs other than fibrous veggies and very little residuals.
    On carb day's I'll aim for about 2400 calories, and like I said only when necessary, I'm not going to set a certain day of the week for that, I tend to do best that way.
    *Sarah*

My Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=649139853#post649139853

---

"The dictionary is the only place success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must all pay for success."
    -Vince Lombardi

"Yesterday ended last night. Everyday is a new beginning. Learn the skills of accepting and forgetting. And move on"
    -Norman Vincent Peale

Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Welcome to Keto !!

Its a long journey, but the results are worth it. It is nice to see another woman with a keto log. I thought I was the only one

Keto is wonderful and you will enjoy this journey for a lifetime.
    I have been on keto for 10 weeks, and I can't see any other diet working like this.

What is your goal weight ?
    The scientific and practical amount of carbohydrate needed in the diet is ZERO -- NONE. Dietary carbohydrates are not a requirement in any body function. In fact it appears that the lower the carbohydrate level in the diet the better the long-term health. Age-related degenerative diseases are caused by high levels of carbohydrates in the diet. One can be on a very low or zero-carbohydrate diet indefinitely as has been shown by the study of many primitive societies.

Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boochie21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Talking

P.s - I saw your progress pics and your going to look cut and full of muscles w/ keto girl. You look great as is !!
    The scientific and practical amount of carbohydrate needed in the diet is ZERO -- NONE. Dietary carbohydrates are not a requirement in any body function. In fact it appears that the lower the carbohydrate level in the diet the better the long-term health. Age-related degenerative diseases are caused by high levels of carbohydrates in the diet. One can be on a very low or zero-carbohydrate diet indefinitely as has been shown by the study of many primitive societies.

GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Boochie21 View Post
    Welcome to Keto !!

Its a long journey, but the results are worth it. It is nice to see another woman with a keto log. I thought I was the only one

Keto is wonderful and you will enjoy this journey for a lifetime.
    I have been on keto for 10 weeks, and I can't see any other diet working like this.

What is your goal weight ?
    Thanks!
    I've always enjoyed following Keto so I'm definitely looking forward to it again. I tend to switch diets far too often, and now that I'm finally doing my own diet (no more trainers!!) I plan on sticking to Keto for quite some time.
    I dont have a particular goal weight becaues I dont know what I currently weigh now. But I know in the past I've felt good around 155 so I think I'll aim for that. I might start weigh in, I havent decided yet, but I do know that my size 6 jeans fit perfectly at that weight so I am mainly aiming to get back into those and maintain that size for a while. From there I'll re-evaluate goals

P.s - I saw your progress pics and your going to look cut and full of muscles w/ keto girl. You look great as is !!
    Thanks! I havent updated those pics in a long time so they arent really accurate. I'm probably closer to where my "bulking" pictures were early last year.
    *Sarah*

My Log:

---

"The dictionary is the only place success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must all pay for success."
    -Vince Lombardi

"Yesterday ended last night. Everyday is a new beginning. Learn the skills of accepting and forgetting. And move on"
    -Norman Vincent Peale

GenieMarie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GenieMarie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GenieMarie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GenieMarie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GenieMarie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GenieMarie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GenieMarie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GenieMarie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GenieMarie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GenieMarie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GenieMarie has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

I <3 keto!

YAY for a log! I know you can reach your goals, just be consistent!
    “The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.” - Leo Nikolavich Tolstoy

MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am so here

YIPEEEE! I am so glad you are back my gf!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171086161&p=1435554041#post1435554041

Originally Posted by GenieMarie View Post
    YAY for a log! I know you can reach your goals, just be consistent!
    Consistency is key!
    I <3 you

Originally Posted by MuscleMom View Post
    I am so here

YIPEEEE! I am so glad you are back my gf!!!
    Yay! I'm glad you're here, you're a true inspiration to me!
    I have been thinking of logging again here for a long time, I just had to get the nerve to actually do it! Hahaha
    *Sarah*

My Log:

---

-Vince Lombardi

-Norman Vincent Peale

Tuesday 3/15

So yesterday was spot on!

Training:
    Rest

Cardio:
    30min elliptical
    30min walking
    *woke up early so I did an extra 15min*

Nutrition:

Cals: 1726
    Pro: 163
    Carb: 21 (11 net)
    Fat: 110
    *Sarah*

My Log:

---

-Vince Lombardi

-Norman Vincent Peale

MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good morning!!!

Have a fabulous day!!!!

GenieMarie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GenieMarie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GenieMarie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GenieMarie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GenieMarie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GenieMarie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GenieMarie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GenieMarie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GenieMarie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GenieMarie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GenieMarie has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Morning chickie! Way to have a spot on day yesterday! XO!
    “The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.” - Leo Nikolavich Tolstoy

Yes.....I'm that wrestler MASSter's Avatar
    MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Plan looks good. Best of luck to you hitting those goals.

Good morning!!!

Have a fabulous day!!!!
    HI girl!!
    My day started with a (hoperuflly not too bad) back injury. Ugh. I'm kind of mad.

Morning chickie! Way to have a spot on day yesterday! XO!
    Woohooo!! We need to mesh LOL

Originally Posted by MASSter View Post
    Plan looks good. Best of luck to you hitting those goals.
    THanks! Any feedback would be appreciated!
    *Sarah*

My Log:

---

-Vince Lombardi

-Norman Vincent Peale

Way to go !!!!

best of success to you. Hopefully your log will have tons.
    check mine out if interested, I know its long and messy

Way to go !!!!

best of success to you. Hopefully your log will have tons.
    check mine out if interested, I know its long and messy
    Hey B!
    Thanks for the support!
    I'll be sure to check out your log
    *Sarah*

My Log:

---

-Vince Lombardi

-Norman Vincent Peale

Just checking in! Show that diet who's boss! Lol!

Just checking in! Show that diet who's boss! Lol!
    I'm trying!! Was a little off last night, but not bad at all
    *Sarah*

My Log:

---

-Vince Lombardi

-Norman Vincent Peale

Wednesday 3/16

Training: Full Body

Squats
    Pullups
    Single leg leg extension
    Dips
    SLDL

Cardio:

10min elliptical warm up

Nutrition:

M1: Whey, heavy whipping cream, egg, sausage
    M2: Ham & mayo "crepe"
    M3: Chicken, cheese and blue cheese salad
    M4: Beef, cabbage
    M5: Pork Rind "Nachos" + extras

Protein: 157g
    Carbs: 35g
    Net Carbs: 23g
    Fat: 124
    Total Cals: 1894

Notes:

Well, three things.

1) Jacked my back up BAD on SLDLs. I was using light weight (95#) and on the last set, 10th rep I got lazy with my form, breathed weird, bent weird and BAM. Spasm. I had to drop the weight and immidiately walked away. Mad at myself and in a lot of pain. I had a rough time sleeping, and who knows when I'll be able to have a good lifting session again.

2) Was hungry all day, nutrition was good through the entire day but after the last meal I got the munchies (hardest time for me to NOT over eat) so I had a bowl of green beans topped with cheese and parmesean, and one spoon of PB. Yeah, weird, but tasty haha. Anyhow, it put me over on macros. For some reason in my head I had calculated still only 25g carbs, but when I put it in my spreadsheet today it came to 35 total. Doh.

3) In good news, I was able to sit my broken body on the recumbent bike for 30min this morning and I think it helped loosen my back up a bit.
    *Sarah*

My Log:

---

-Vince Lombardi

-Norman Vincent Peale

Crap on the back...I hope it continues to feel better

Doing a fabulous job
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171086161&p=1435554041#post1435554041

Crap on the back...I hope it continues to feel better

Doing a fabulous job
    Yeah, I have stupid back injuries about once a year. You think I'd learn. *Sigh*

Thanks! My brain needs a bit or re-programming. And I'm working on that. I know the most important law of losing weight, CALORIES in vs out. But for some reason I allow myself to justify eating more just because it fits in the "carb/fat/pro ratio" or with this diet in particular under 30g carb rule. That can still lead to calorie over-dose quite easily, espeically with fats!
    It's really dumb, but somehow it allows me to justify eating more.. so working on that re-programming LOL
    *Sarah*

My Log:

---

-Vince Lombardi

-Norman Vincent Peale

Originally Posted by GyMgrrrL View Post
    Yeah, I have stupid back injuries about once a year. You think I'd learn. *Sigh*

Thanks! My brain needs a bit or re-programming. And I'm working on that. I know the most important law of losing weight, CALORIES in vs out. But for some reason I allow myself to justify eating more just because it fits in the "carb/fat/pro ratio" or with this diet in particular under 30g carb rule. That can still lead to calorie over-dose quite easily, espeically with fats!
    It's really dumb, but somehow it allows me to justify eating more.. so working on that re-programming LOL
    Ugh...I feel ya

...and one of the reasons I hired Derek was to be "re-programmed "

Ugh...I feel ya

...and one of the reasons I hired Derek was to be "re-programmed "
    Yeah, its a long road, huh?!
    I'm really curious to see how you progress with Derek, so exciting!!
    *Sarah*

My Log:

---

-Vince Lombardi

-Norman Vincent Peale

Originally Posted by GyMgrrrL View Post
    Yeah, its a long road, huh?!
    I'm really curious to see how you progress with Derek, so exciting!!
    For sure. Damn back issues never seem to really go away!

Me too! Only been a week and I love it and love the progress I have made so far!

For sure. Damn back issues never seem to really go away!

Me too! Only been a week and I love it and love the progress I have made so far!
    Agreed, I almost weekly wake up with at least something that doesnt feel "right" with my back. Not enough to effect me, but enough to annoy me!

Cant wait for progress pics
    *Sarah*

My Log:

---

-Vince Lombardi

-Norman Vincent Peale