lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Haven't posted in a while

I caved today. I haven't had dessert (oooey gooey dessert) since December. I went out to lunch and had my salad, then my friend orders this warm brownie with praline pecan ice cream and caramel sauce. We split it. Now I feel guilty. I was doing so good with the no cheats

happily married hottie! aznprincess's Avatar
    aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000) aznprincess is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by lauren921 View Post
    I caved today. I haven't had dessert (oooey gooey dessert) since December. I went out to lunch and had my salad, then my friend orders this warm brownie with praline pecan ice cream and caramel sauce. We split it. Now I feel guilty. I was doing so good with the no cheats
    hey, i haven't been around for a while either. i'm bummed you feel guilty about eating dessert. honestly, it doesn't matter. really. just get back on the horse.

Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hey ladies, haven't seen either of you in a while!

You haven't had a cheat since Dec? So you must be one lean and mean machine by now Seriously, fit some things into your day/week, its doable! And if you cave, don't beat yourself up. Just say wow, that was yummy, now time to get back on track
    "A champion is someone who gets up even when he can't" ---Jack Dempsey

I eat for living, not just lifting.

jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by lauren921 View Post
    No treats/desserts in 3 months? Why? Seriously, why would you completely deprive yourself of any "treat" food? That sounds like an unenjoyable way to go through life to me.

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    all this time away from the boards and what brought you back was the guilt over the first "cheat"/dessert you've had since dec? that makes me sad. i hate that food can cause guilt, but i obv get it. really get it. but still. okay, a) you only had a salad, b) you hadn't cheated in months, c) even cheating more than that - and certainly not just one single time on one single food item - won't derail you from your goals, d) use the extra cals as fuel to have a kickass workout today, e) just go back to your macro's today and forget all abt yesterday, except for how yummy it was to indulge a little and to think abt letting yourself loosen the reigns a wee bit and enjoying treats more often.

ps, how's the reactive hypoglycemia and your thryoid and all that?

Damn, it's good to be me! thepowerwithin's Avatar
    thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Dessert is something I truly enjoy and used to beat myself up about should I choose to eat it. What a waste of time.....

This kind of thinking would perpetuate my desire for dessert and increase my tendency to binge on it or overeat it. The dessert sort of controlled me instead of me controlling the dessert. Once I made it okay in my head to eat it free will whenever, where ever, how much ever I wanted, the hankering for the stuff went bye-bye. I still enjoy it, but without all the guilt and voices in my head telling me I failed.

I owe a lot of me making peace with food to the book Intuitive Eating. I don't practice all the principles, but damn it helped me tell all those voices in my head to GTFO!

It's alright. Balance is your friend and dessert is not the enemy .

BTW, welcome back!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by thepowerwithin; 03-15-2011 at 04:58 AM. Reason: Forgot something.

lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lauren921 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The reactive hypo seems to be getting worse. I had another glucose test back in January and my levels were lower than when I first tested last summer. I think at the 1 hour mark my glucose was around 62 and it was supposed to be 120. When I got home from the test, I broke out in this weird sweat - I'm very cold natured so unless I'm exercising or it's above 95 degrees, I rarely sweat. The doctor put me on the Symlin Pen, so I take a shot before I eat. Still not seeing any results despite no cheats, so that's why the dessert discouraged me. My cortisol remains an issue, and the doctor told me it could take years to find out the reason for high cortisol levels. I'm just tired. I do work hard and I feel like I've done everything everyone has told me to do, yet I still struggle with this. Maybe I just need a break from everything.

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    wow, sorry the reactive hypoglycemia isn't under control. what are they gonna do abt it? besides diet changes, which i'm sure you've already done, what do they recommend? i got lucky in that mine just went away. didn't understand why it came or why it went, but my numbers were horrible while i had it. sorry, don't mean to change the direction of your thread. but i am interested and am sorry.

Originally Posted by andrerox80 View Post
    wow, sorry the reactive hypoglycemia isn't under control. what are they gonna do abt it? besides diet changes, which i'm sure you've already done, what do they recommend? i got lucky in that mine just went away. didn't understand why it came or why it went, but my numbers were horrible while i had it. sorry, don't mean to change the direction of your thread. but i am interested and am sorry.
    There really isn't much they can do other than the Symlin Pen and a low GI diet. I was already doing low GI for the most part, so my RD put me on low carb. I get a piece of fruit with breakfast and some fruit in my Greek yogurt before my workout, but that's it with the exception of veggies. I miss my oatmeal, cereal, whole grain bagels, etc. I was never much on starches after breakfast, but I loved my breakfast. I'm so sick of eggs! I know I don't look bad, but I just feel like I should look better than I do. My cycles still aren't regular since getting of the depo, so my hormones could be playing a role. Honestly, I'm a little tired of thinking about it

Registered User ChrisHenderson5's Avatar
    ChrisHenderson5 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ChrisHenderson5 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    yeah i know what you mean, it is tempting when your friends order junk food next to you. It takes discipline