Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    bumping this to the next page. step by step guide to the SKD, TKD, and CKD:
    Standard Ketogenic Diet
    1. Decrease this number by 10-20% to lose weight or increase it by 10-20% to gain weight.
      • Example 2: Tod wants to gain weight.
        • 3200 x (1.00 + 0.20) = 3840 Calories
    2. Now figure out how much lean body mass you possess.
    3. Once you know what your LBM (lean body mass) is, then either multiply your LBM by (0.8 if you are non-active) or (0.9 to 1.0 if you are active). That is, whether or not you perform any supplemental exercising.
      • Now that Tod knows his LBM, he will multiply this by either 0.9 or 1.0 in order to find the grams of protein he should consume per day.
        • 160 x 1.0 = 160 grams protein per day.
    4. Next determine the amount of carbohydrates that you should consume per day.
      • Example: Tod decided that he wants to lose weight. His Caloric needs per day are 2560. He should multiply this number by 5% and divide by 4 to find the grams of carbohydrates needed daily.
        • 2560 Calories x 0.05 = 128 Calories of carbohydrates; 128/4 = 32 grams carbohydrates.
    5. Subtract the Calories attributed to protein and carbohydrate in order to determine the amount of fat to be consumed per day.
      • In Tod's particular case, he should consume 199 grams fat, 160 grams protein, 32 grams carbohydrate per day.
    6. Divide the grams of each macro-nutrient by the amount of meals you will eat per day to find the grams of each macro-nutrient needed per meal.
      • Example: Tod wants to eat 3 meals per day.
        • 160 grams protein / 3 = 53 grams protein per meal.
        • 32 grams carbohydrate / 3 = 10 grams carbohydrate per meal.
    7. Now use this list of ketogenic foods and devise several meals which fit your macro-nutrient goals per meal and only eat those meals.
      • Here are 10 sample meals that I've made in my keto log (Here) and here is an entire daily sample meal plan (Here). Check the keto logs section and look at the meals that other people post for more ideas.
    Targeted Ketogenic Diet
    • You can begin this diet on day 1 of a standard ketogenic diet.
    • Here is a bullet-point summary of the TKD written by Lyle (Here).
    Cyclical Ketogenic Diet
    Before Beginning
    1. Once the negative symptoms begin, that means that you've entered ketosis. Now maintain ketosis without any refeeds until the symptoms disappear and you feel better. This may take 2-3 weeks.
    2. If you are performing any type of weight-training then employ a TKD (targeted ketogenic diet) until the symptoms disappear.
    3. Once the symptoms disappear you are fat-adapted and can begin a CKD (cyclical ketogenic diet) if you'd like.
    Steps to a CKD
    1. On Friday perform a depletion workout. This should be a full body workout. Interval-training is superior to weight-training for maximal glycogen synthesis, but either is fine.
      • Ex. sets of burpees might be good. Here is an example depletion workout using weight-training (Here).
    2. Approximately 5 hours before your depletion workout, consume 25-50 gram carbohydrates with a small amount of protein and fat. Dextrose would be a good bet for this.
    3. Approximately 1-2 hours before the depletion workout, consume 25 grams glucose and 25 grams fructose. (honey with some fruit would be good for this).
    4. Perform the depletion workout.
    5. For the first 24 hours of your carb-load after completion of the depletion workout, 4.5 g/lb LBM of carbohydrate should be consumed. A ratio of 70/15/15 carbohydrate/protein/fat should be employed.
      • For the first 24 hours after depletion Tod should consume 720 g carbohydrate, 154 g protein, 68 g fat.
      • For the first 24 hours Tod should consume high GI carbohydrates. Here is a glycemic index list of foods: GI food list
    6. For the second 24 hours of your carb-load, 2.3 g/lb LBM of carbohydrate should be consumed. A ratio of 60/25/15 carbohydrate/protein/fat should be employed.
      • For the second 24 hours Tod should consume 368 g carbohydrate, 153 g protein, 41 g fat.
      • For the second 24 hours Tod should consume low GI carbohydrates. Here is a glycemic index list of foods: GI food list
    7. After the second 24 hour carb-load period, begin again your standard ketogenic Caloric level and macro-nutrient ratio.
    8. Employ intense weight-training to deplete muscle and liver glycogen in order to return to ketosis.
    Last edited by shadowwalker021; 04-30-2011 at 10:29 AM.

illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by shadowwalker021 View Post
    are you sure that the serving size isn't actually per ounce instead of per roll? for example each roll may be 2-4 ounces, and if i'm correct then you probably consumed over 30 g carbs. though 16 gram carbohydrate in one meal will probably knock you out of ketosis for a short while anyway.

why are you eating normal bread on this diet anyway? -_- if you want bread choose a low-sugar/carb option.
    lol.. figured since it was low on carbs, it would be nothing. Plus I don't have gym today, if anything I'll do cardio.. so I won't have my PWO protein shake (which has 16g of carbs).

This is the first time I've eaten bread since like... last week Friday lol

But ya, the bag claims per roll, they're all about equal size. I'll just go do a HIIT session in case
    أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

🚷 Anti-Degeneracy League 🚷

https://www.twitter.com/eyeonpalestine

Mossad acronym: ISIS AKA Israeli Secret Intelligence Service

shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    fixed up a few errors in that step by step guide up above and made it a little neater and easier to read. all figures/numbers/ratios are taken from lyle mcdonald's first book on the keto diet.

everglide123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) everglide123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) everglide123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) everglide123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) everglide123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) everglide123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) everglide123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) everglide123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) everglide123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) everglide123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) everglide123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    thx for the guide bro
    Nullius in verba

DRstalepunch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRstalepunch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRstalepunch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRstalepunch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRstalepunch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRstalepunch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRstalepunch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRstalepunch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRstalepunch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRstalepunch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DRstalepunch has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    love this thread, been on keto for like a month and felt great. been carving carbs tho so i want to up my carbs and try IIFYM

Squatzincurlrak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squatzincurlrak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squatzincurlrak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squatzincurlrak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squatzincurlrak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squatzincurlrak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squatzincurlrak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squatzincurlrak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squatzincurlrak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squatzincurlrak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squatzincurlrak has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have a question. How quickly is your body thrown off of keto if you have maybe a cheat meal? Would that cheat meal (say, high in sugar/carbs) immediately send your body back into glycosis?

rusty12094 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rusty12094 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink

Awesome info! I feel like I have learned so much and it all makes sense! I've been trying to make the keto diet work for me for the last 2 weeks.... I work out intensly about 5 or 6 times a week and keeping my carbs below 15 or 20 each day I have had two refeed days but it seems like I can't control myself when I start to refeed... like I eat everything in sight! I have to stop the refeed days and just stick with the TKD and maybe have a cheat meal once or twice a month .... even though I have stuffed myself on the refeed days I have lost ~3lbs in two weeks and that makes me very happy I feel and look much better when in keto! my only concern was trying to build muscle and have no carbs but now that I understand the TKD I think that will benefit me a ton you should be getting paid for this!

Answer1o1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Answer1o1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Answer1o1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Answer1o1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Answer1o1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Answer1o1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Answer1o1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Answer1o1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Answer1o1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Answer1o1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Answer1o1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've read all the stickies for the Keto diet. Decided to start about 4 days ago. Im just a little confused on what to eat exactly..? im 167lbs. I want to shred down then bulk later on if needed.

65f/30p/5c

Today's diet

Meal 1 - 2 whole eggs, 1 serving egg whites, 1tbsp olive oil, coffee

Meal 2 - Salad, steak, 1tbsp ranch dressing, 1tbsp olive oil

Meal 3 - 2 whole eggs, 1 hotdog, 1tbsp vegetable oil

Meal 4 - Salad, steak, 1tbsp Mayo, 1tbsp olive oil

Meal 5 (Post workout) Salad, 1 can tuna in oil, 1 tbsp mayo, 1 tbsp olive oil

Meal 6 - Whey protein shake, 12 natty almonds

I usually drink green tea like 2-3 times a day with no sweeteners. The salads are lettuce, broccoli, and red cabbage. I use a pretty good amount of meat in the salads. Im just wondering if im eating too much salad/veggies? I know i didn't list the macros per meal/total, but i just want to get an idea if im heading in the right direction. Per meal i try to hit at least 20/25g fats. 20/25g protein. And the least carbs possible. Thanks

Originally Posted by Squatzincurlrak View Post
    I have a question. How quickly is your body thrown off of keto if you have maybe a cheat meal? Would that cheat meal (say, high in sugar/carbs) immediately send your body back into glycosis?
    that depends on a lot of variables but generally yes.
    Originally Posted by Answer1o1 View Post
    I've read all the stickies for the Keto diet. Decided to start about 4 days ago. Im just a little confused on what to eat exactly..? im 167lbs. I want to shred down then bulk later on if needed.

65f/30p/5c

Today's diet

Meal 1 - 2 whole eggs, 1 serving egg whites, 1tbsp olive oil, coffee

Meal 2 - Salad, steak, 1tbsp ranch dressing, 1tbsp olive oil

Meal 3 - 2 whole eggs, 1 hotdog, 1tbsp vegetable oil

Meal 4 - Salad, steak, 1tbsp Mayo, 1tbsp olive oil

Meal 5 (Post workout) Salad, 1 can tuna in oil, 1 tbsp mayo, 1 tbsp olive oil

Meal 6 - Whey protein shake, 12 natty almonds

I usually drink green tea like 2-3 times a day with no sweeteners. The salads are lettuce, broccoli, and red cabbage. I use a pretty good amount of meat in the salads. Im just wondering if im eating too much salad/veggies? I know i didn't list the macros per meal/total, but i just want to get an idea if im heading in the right direction. Per meal i try to hit at least 20/25g fats. 20/25g protein. And the least carbs possible. Thanks
    that'll work. check the keto logs section for more ideas.

oh and i just wanted to let everybody know that i'll be posting a lot less in here due to some difficulties in life, so if anybody else posts a question in here please anyone feel free to answer and don't wait for me. thanks!

Ewmranch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ewmranch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ewmranch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ewmranch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ewmranch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ewmranch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ewmranch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ewmranch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ewmranch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ewmranch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ewmranch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I wanna say I appreciate this very much!!!!!!!!

I hate to do it to y'all but I've got a few questions to lol

A little history first, I was about 305 this time last year, now 255. Work out 5-6 days a week first thing when I wake up and try to run just as often. I work 12 hour shift alternating nights to days an vice-versa regularly. I wanna to lose the rest of this fat and then begin to seriously bulk but would like to gain what I can while losing weight.

My past diets have been so outta wack it's pretty comical. I'll hear somebody say this and jump on it then swap to another and then mix them together lol. I feel like this is the diet for me. Your post has made so much sense to me and I truly believe in the theory already.

Now the questions........

Given the history which form of keto do you believe is best for me

Are there any foods you know of that still fit with keto that are greatly "grab and go", that do not require heat up or a lot of effort, and easy to transport.......... The reason I ask being I work in a coal mine and I am stuck in an equipment cab all day

I am currently taking a prescription of addipex and wondering if that will effect my results

[EDIT]: also dip about half can to a can of snuff a day will that have an effect

Like I said I appreciate this, I have seen things here and there about keto but didnt understand anything about it......... You have cleared up my confusion and deserve some kind of reward for making sense outta what seemed like a calc 3 equation
    I will rep if you tell me how lol fairly new to the forum

Many thanks in advance
    Ethan
    Last edited by Ewmranch; 05-12-2011 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Forgetful lol

Indefatigable is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Indefatigable is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Indefatigable is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Indefatigable is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Indefatigable is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Indefatigable is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Indefatigable is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Indefatigable is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Indefatigable is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Indefatigable is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Indefatigable is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Squatzincurlrak View Post
    Like the OP said depends on a lot of variables, that's true.

From my personal experience, on keto about 2.5 months solid now, I have been very disciplined and pretty much only unintentionally dipped back into glyco briefly usually eating things by mistake, for example at a posh knees up one night. Someone told me some snack thing was egg when infact it was actually more pancakey white flour based lol. Couldn't exactly spit it out, oh well. maybe had 50-60g of raw carbs? enough to throw me out of keto for a bit

I definitely felt a bit different temporarily, but the effect only lasted briefly, I went for a solid 5ish k walk the next day burn off whatever glyco I figured my body had built up. And basically no real difference in my fat loss goal progress, felt like I was on keto again before lunchtime the following day.

Other than that I also tried a refeed once, but I think I may have done it too early, that seemed to knock me back to square one. Might give it another go, since I'm itching to start lifting weights a bit more seriously.

kaiosama is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kaiosama is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kaiosama is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kaiosama is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kaiosama is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kaiosama is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kaiosama is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kaiosama is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kaiosama is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kaiosama is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kaiosama is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by shadowwalker021 View Post
    fixed up a few errors in that step by step guide up above and made it a little neater and easier to read. all figures/numbers/ratios are taken from lyle mcdonald's first book on the keto diet.
    Hello shaddowwalker. I have tried computing my macros for CKD diet using your guide but I feel something is wrong with respect to fat intake.

I am 57 inches, 165 lbs. Using the tape measurement method and the online calculator, I got 24% bodyfat. (1-0.24)*165 = 125 lbs LBM. I multiply this by 1 since I am moderately active, which gives me 125 g protein daily.

165 lbs*16 = 2640 calories. Since I want to gain muscle, I multiply this by 1.2, which give me 3168 calories daily. 3168*0.05 = 158 cals from carbs, which is 40 g carbs daily. Finally, 3160-158-(125*4) = 2510 cals from fat. 2510/3168*100 = 80% of total cals from fat. This seem very high to me.

Maybe my bodyfat is wrong?
    reps: swoleness19

Weikamp is on a distinguished road. (+10) Weikamp is on a distinguished road. (+10) Weikamp is on a distinguished road. (+10) Weikamp is on a distinguished road. (+10) Weikamp is on a distinguished road. (+10) Weikamp is on a distinguished road. (+10) Weikamp is on a distinguished road. (+10) Weikamp is on a distinguished road. (+10) Weikamp is on a distinguished road. (+10) Weikamp is on a distinguished road. (+10) Weikamp is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This is awesome. Repped.
    Seriously, one hour ago I knew next to nothing about keto and after reading the whole thing - I think I am pretty well informed.

Might try it sometime.

kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Weikamp View Post
    This is awesome. Repped.
    Seriously, one hour ago I knew next to nothing about keto and after reading the whole thing - I think I am pretty well informed.

Might try it sometime.
    now if only everyone else did this.........

Training/Food/Recipe log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135443421

other recipe logs:
    'Cooking on Keto'
    (Part I) - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132899693
    (Part II) - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132982263

Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Excellent thread, thank you for posting it!
    Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!

OV35 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=388841&page=90

xccellence.com, theironden.com

Scarbarrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Scarbarrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Scarbarrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Scarbarrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Scarbarrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Scarbarrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Scarbarrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Scarbarrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Scarbarrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Scarbarrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Scarbarrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I just read this whole thing (sorta), Can't wait to start Keto.
    UNMC
    Walk around like ur bigger than prince.

Career/ED Misc
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144772761&p=890314821#post890314821

Repping MMA brahs on sight

VINN1059 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Once a gain shadow I would like to say thanks for this awesome guide! I have lost 25lbs on keto, and recently switched back to a carbohydrate based diet to bulk on. I am eating 2650 calories a day, but the problem is I have no energy. So i am switching back to a high fat/protein (keto) diet because I had more energy on keto eating only 1800 calories then i have right now.

Would you suggest staying with 1g of protein per pound of body weight for bulking, or go with 1.5g or more per pound of body weight?

Salonpas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salonpas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salonpas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salonpas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salonpas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salonpas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salonpas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salonpas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salonpas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salonpas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salonpas is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Great lookin guide, going back into keto will read

thanks
    No crew

nickbrown5252 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just want to start off by saying that I have been a long time reader on these forums but now a first time poster.

I have read about keto a few times here and there in the past but I didn't really have a full understanding of it until now. I appreciate the time and effort you took to lay it out like you did, it really made me excited about giving it a try.

I am now on day 3 and can already tell I am going to love the diet. So far I have felt pretty good energy wise, and am never hungry even though I am taking in fewer calories than normal. And the best part.... Bacon and WHOLE eggs for breakfast every day!!

I do have a quick question to those who have been at it longer than I have... on cardio days do you generally take it a little easier than you would on a normal diet (due to not having to break down the "carb wall" to begin fat loss) or is it ok to hit the treadmill for say more than 30 mins (without too much muscle breakdown that is)? Thanks.

Indefatigable is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Indefatigable is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Indefatigable is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Indefatigable is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Indefatigable is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Indefatigable is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Indefatigable is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Indefatigable is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Indefatigable is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Indefatigable is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Indefatigable is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by nickbrown5252 View Post
    And the best part.... Bacon and WHOLE eggs for breakfast every day!!
    lol so true. My keto sceptical flatmates eating their 'help you lose weight' cornflakes watch me with the B&Eggs most morning, surely must think I'm a closet bollemic or getting lipo.

The Goddamn Batman InfinityBeyond's Avatar
    InfinityBeyond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InfinityBeyond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InfinityBeyond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InfinityBeyond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InfinityBeyond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InfinityBeyond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InfinityBeyond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InfinityBeyond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InfinityBeyond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InfinityBeyond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InfinityBeyond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I needed this thread.
    I had no idea what Keto is.

junfandan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great thread. I've been reading the forum for a while now trying to digest as much Keto info as I can. I've worked out my macros and noted the best food types so am almost ready to go.

I'm keen to start the diet but I'm not sure if it's suitable for the training I do. Since getting back into the gym I've switched from hitting specific muscle groups on set days to more cardio/ overall based workouts.

I'm doing 2-3 cardio sessions a week which involve interval training - running, X-trainer - biking and heavybag work.

In addition to this I'm doing 2 weight sessions a week and I'm soon going to be adding in a kettle bell session (I'm going to alternate this with the 3rd cardio session but possibly replace the cardio session with this completely)

My weight routine is based on the Randy Couture workout - bent over barbell rows, upright row, front shoulder press, good mornings, split leg lunges, clean and press. The idea is to do 8-10 reps of each without putting the weight down X 4-5
    I also add in some chest exercises: press, flies and press ups
    And I do some bicep and tricep work

Basically would keto be a suitable diet to try doing this kind of workout? Would TKD be the best way to go if so?
    Or is there a better diet I could try?

Thanks for any help.

ApolloD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApolloD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApolloD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApolloD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApolloD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApolloD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApolloD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApolloD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApolloD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApolloD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApolloD has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Epic Thread. Will definitely Rep you!
    You have answered several of my food inquiries - including the combination of recommended vegetables and the distinction of those containing moderate - high carbs.

KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Amazing thread, very well laid out, tons of information, OP you are a legend!!! I had been thinking of trying this to lose some bf, and i do not care about building muscle, rather strength. One thing that prevented me from trying was not knowing what foods I could or could not take. Then I read this gem, first thread I read the whole way through I might add

Anyways, thanks for all the time and effort you put into posting
    ***Irish Misc Crew***

"It is ok to fail, it is not ok to give up" - Ghandi

"Doesn't mean that much to me, to mean that much to you" - Neil Young

"Cíunas bothár cailín baínne" - Patrick Kavanagh

jvoynovichb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Keto

Ive been itching to try this
    --
    Joe Burch
    Personal Trainer
    Social Media Marketing

"Obsessed is the word the lazy use to describe the dedicated"

aterford has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aterford has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aterford has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aterford has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aterford has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aterford has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aterford has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aterford has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aterford has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aterford has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aterford has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey all. Read through the whole guide (well i skimmed some parts) and the main question i have to ask is, when is this sort of diet safe to start? Like i know they say "consult a physician before beginning any diet plan" (but let's be honest, who does that?) but i am wondering if this is the sort of thing you can jump right into or if you should take a while and ease into it sort of. I know that i'm not in good shape but i'm working on it...Anyways i guess i'll give you a little back story and see what you can make of it.
    I have always been a bit on the heavy side. I would not say it was really noticeable until about 8th grade or so. I don't really remember what i weighed at the time, but i know that i wore a size 36 pant, XL shirt.
    From 9th to 12th grade i played football and as such was in the weight room a lot. I think i recall being around 270lbs in 10th or 11th grade. Probably wearing a 38 at this point.
    Now i am 20 years old, 3 years removed from a consistent lifting/exercise program. I was at 330lbs as of a week ago, wear a size 40-42/XXL shirt, etc. Anyways, i have finally been getting some discipline and have been regularly working out for a couple of weeks now. So i just stumbled up on this article and was wondering if it was safe to start whenever, or if you think i need to get into a little better shape before beginning something like that. Thanks

In4thelmaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) In4thelmaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) In4thelmaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) In4thelmaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) In4thelmaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) In4thelmaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) In4thelmaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) In4thelmaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) In4thelmaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) In4thelmaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) In4thelmaos will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    o wow. so informative, i actually started my keto after reading this. thanks!

dxs016 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dxs016 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dxs016 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dxs016 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dxs016 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dxs016 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dxs016 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dxs016 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dxs016 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dxs016 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dxs016 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello guys, what a great thread. Well done. Lots of info here. I have a question im hoping you can help with.

Im looking to do Keto. The problem i have is i suffer from low blood sugar a lot. The doctor called it something like re-active hypoglycaemia and it s to do with carbs. How will this affect me if im in Ketosis?

Thaks Dean

TheWhitechalk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheWhitechalk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheWhitechalk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheWhitechalk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheWhitechalk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheWhitechalk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheWhitechalk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheWhitechalk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheWhitechalk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheWhitechalk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheWhitechalk has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I remember trying to do this way back when I weighed 245 pounds it was intense and my breath and piss smelt terrible. However i did lose weight and i did lose it fast. My question is if i go on a keto diet then hope back on a carb diet will my body react negativly and gain all the weight back?
    What the mind can believe and conceive it and achieve - N.H

++ Positive Crew ++

shffl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shffl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shffl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shffl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shffl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shffl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shffl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shffl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shffl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shffl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shffl has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by TheWhitechalk View Post
    I remember trying to do this way back when I weighed 245 pounds it was intense and my breath and piss smelt terrible. However i did lose weight and i did lose it fast. My question is if i go on a keto diet then hope back on a carb diet will my body react negativly and gain all the weight back?
    Yes if you started eating carbs like crazy. If you do it in a controlled fashion, however, then it is fine. SLOWLY add in carb. One carb meal per day ~50g...then increase by a little every week would be the conservative way of doing it. Also, keep your carb strictly PWO ONLY in the beginning.