Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Football Mercenary Football_Bill's Avatar
    Football_Bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Football_Bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Football_Bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Football_Bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Football_Bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Football_Bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Football_Bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Football_Bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Football_Bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Football_Bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Football_Bill will become famous soon enough. (+50)

New home for gym

So I had a nice full gym in my basement, had another kid, and now turned the gym into a room for my oldest. I moved it to a smaller area, but that did not work. SOLUTION, friend of mine bought an old school to live in, we are turning one of the old classrooms into a gym. FINALLY I can do overhead presses!

Will post again once the actual rack, cables, and leg press are moved in. Right where I am standing is where the trap/dead bar and a huge mirror are going. The whole room will have black mats before the equipment moves in, and will be re-plastered by the time my wife finishes her ISSA.
    "No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable" - Socrates 400BC

65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

www.keto.org
    www.hannenhealth.com/keto.htm

Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    He bought an old school? That's crazy. How big is it and how many classrooms were there?

Fist pumpin' and GTL ronnie0072's Avatar
    ronnie0072 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ronnie0072 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ronnie0072 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ronnie0072 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ronnie0072 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ronnie0072 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ronnie0072 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ronnie0072 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ronnie0072 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ronnie0072 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ronnie0072 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    you are my fukin idol bro. There is a home gym section here too. you should shoot the **** of there with some of those guys. One thread has some **** where you weld your own equipment and another one has a DIY dumbells. I saw pics of the DBs and they look like he bought them from sears. was sick

skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I would splooge on that. I'd buy

GHR and Reverse Hyper
    Elite Collegiate Power rack
    Build My own platform
    Pro Dumbells
    Eleiko bumpers and oly bar
    Ivanko IPF discs and bars
    Jerk/Plyo boxes

Skiddlydiddly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skiddlydiddly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skiddlydiddly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skiddlydiddly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skiddlydiddly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skiddlydiddly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skiddlydiddly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skiddlydiddly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skiddlydiddly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skiddlydiddly has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skiddlydiddly has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    He bought an old school to live in? That's awesome!

Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Faparama has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by skinnycalves View Post

GHR and Reverse Hyper
    Build My own platform
    Pro Dumbells
    Jerk/Plyo boxes
    Sounds exactly like the gym I go to.

Football_Bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Football_Bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Football_Bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Football_Bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Football_Bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Football_Bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Football_Bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Football_Bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Football_Bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Football_Bill will become famous soon enough. (+50) Football_Bill will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'll have to check out the home gym section. I spent a lot of money when it was in the basement, it will all be moved over there soon.

EVERYTHING came from New York Barebell, all TDS stuff. Full rack, with cable crossover on the front, and a pec dec on the back. Plus I have had a hip sled/hack squat/ leg press from TDS since high school. Add to that a number of handles, plenty of weights, and a trap bar, we are pretty good to go. I even have one of the head gear contraptions for necks, weird but works. Powerblocks and treadmill staying at home for the wife, my brother is going to build his own plyo boxes for the gym.

The main floor of the school is 9600 sq. ft., 12000 total, with 8 class rooms all around a full size gym/auditorium. Gym is 568 sq. ft. My buddies "apartment" is what used to be the stage and all of backstage. We are putting up a basketball hoop soon, but the old owner still has a lot of **** there that he has till Sept to remove.
    "No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable" - Socrates 400BC

www.keto.org

JustAnotherUser is just really nice. (+1000) JustAnotherUser is just really nice. (+1000) JustAnotherUser is just really nice. (+1000) JustAnotherUser is just really nice. (+1000) JustAnotherUser is just really nice. (+1000) JustAnotherUser is just really nice. (+1000) JustAnotherUser is just really nice. (+1000) JustAnotherUser is just really nice. (+1000) JustAnotherUser is just really nice. (+1000) JustAnotherUser is just really nice. (+1000) JustAnotherUser is just really nice. (+1000)
    that's really cool.

Epic party potential.

Registered Sex Offender shitbrickhouse's Avatar
    shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Football_Bill View Post
    I'll have to check out the home gym section. I spent a lot of money when it was in the basement, it will all be moved over there soon.

EVERYTHING came from New York Barebell, all TDS stuff. Full rack, with cable crossover on the front, and a pec dec on the back. Plus I have had a hip sled/hack squat/ leg press from TDS since high school. Add to that a number of handles, plenty of weights, and a trap bar, we are pretty good to go. I even have one of the head gear contraptions for necks, weird but works. Powerblocks and treadmill staying at home for the wife, my brother is going to build his own plyo boxes for the gym.

The main floor of the school is 9600 sq. ft., 12000 total, with 8 class rooms all around a full size gym/auditorium. Gym is 568 sq. ft. My buddies "apartment" is what used to be the stage and all of backstage. We are putting up a basketball hoop soon, but the old owner still has a lot of **** there that he has till Sept to remove.
    Sounds like an awesome idea brah. He must be single bc no wife would allow her home to be a school. It just might be expensive to keep heated.
    My Pics:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=34649

Originally Posted by JustAnotherUser View Post
    that's really cool.

Epic party potential.
    We have had one party there already, but it was a private party for our semi pro football team. In the works, a 70's themed party, going all out, security, doorman, dj, and all. Would you believe, he only paid $100K for the place???

www.keto.org

iCookie is not very helpful. (-500) iCookie is not very helpful. (-500) iCookie is not very helpful. (-500) iCookie is not very helpful. (-500) iCookie is not very helpful. (-500) iCookie is not very helpful. (-500) iCookie is not very helpful. (-500) iCookie is not very helpful. (-500) iCookie is not very helpful. (-500) iCookie is not very helpful. (-500) iCookie is not very helpful. (-500)
    We have had one party there already, but it was a private party for our semi pro football team. In the works, a 70's themed party, going all out, security, doorman, dj, and all. Would you believe, he only paid $100K for the place???
    How big is the school? Number of classrooms, floors etc? Also is there a big yard with it?

5pirit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 5pirit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 5pirit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 5pirit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 5pirit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 5pirit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 5pirit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 5pirit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 5pirit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 5pirit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 5pirit has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    you could say that your friends learned his lesson...

FUK YEHH .

But seriously, he baught an old school, wow. Epic potential is epic.

SLU12 is a name known to all. (+5000) SLU12 is a name known to all. (+5000) SLU12 is a name known to all. (+5000) SLU12 is a name known to all. (+5000) SLU12 is a name known to all. (+5000) SLU12 is a name known to all. (+5000) SLU12 is a name known to all. (+5000) SLU12 is a name known to all. (+5000) SLU12 is a name known to all. (+5000) SLU12 is a name known to all. (+5000) SLU12 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    da fuk why would someone wanna live in an old school

Originally Posted by skinnycalves View Post

GHR and Reverse Hyper
    Build My own platform
    Pro Dumbells
    Jerk/Plyo boxes
    perfect. i wish my gym had a real power rack and bumper plates

Who paid for this floor? slowteg's Avatar
    slowteg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slowteg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slowteg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slowteg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slowteg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slowteg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slowteg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slowteg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slowteg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slowteg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slowteg is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    pics of the outside of the school?
    11B

US soccer

VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by slowteg View Post
    pics of the outside of the school?
    This

No Excuses

maps.google.com
    Last edited by VendettaV2b; 02-18-2010 at 08:25 AM.
    Reps for life: Iccyman001, Janky
    ---
    --

ct73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ct73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ct73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ct73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ct73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ct73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ct73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ct73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ct73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ct73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ct73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SLU12 View Post
    da fuk why would someone wanna live in an old school

perfect. i wish my gym had a real power rack and bumper plates
    Hi, I'm Bill's brother. I also am the roommate of the guy who bought the old school. I have to admit that when our buddy told me that he was buying it I thought that it was just a joke. Now that I'm living there too I really see the potential. The goal is to turn it into an apartment building. The school was built in 1922. It's zoning is a little stringent so there can't be any business that require heavy foot traffic. So what we are doing is turning the building into 2 apartments. One side is going to be for myself and the owner. The other side is going to have 4 bedrooms, kitchen, bath, laundry, and storage rooms. There is also going to be the gym that we've already started on (my brother will be posting pics as it comes along). In the open area of what used to be the auditorium is going to house an indoor-half basketball court. There will also be an office built for our landscaping business that we are looking to start up in the next few months.

As far as the gym goes, my brother moved in all of his weight equipment with the exception of the treadmill and db's. I'm in the process of moving in the treadmill, exercise bike, and rowing machine. I'm glad that he posted the "before" pics up now. As soon as I get the okay from the owner, I'll be completely remodeling the room. I can't wait to get this done!!! In these poor economic days it's so much cheaper and easier to have the gym in the room next to me to workout in rather than going to a gym and paying for gas and memberships.

gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I wouldnt even redo the room. Just add more equipment, an unreal sound system and lift raw as ****.
    If you're absent during my struggle, don't expect to be present during my success.

VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VendettaV2b has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ct73 View Post
    Hi, I'm Bill's brother. I also am the roommate of the guy who bought the old school. I have to admit that when our buddy told me that he was buying it I thought that it was just a joke. Now that I'm living there too I really see the potential. The goal is to turn it into an apartment building. The school was built in 1922. It's zoning is a little stringent so there can't be any business that require heavy foot traffic. So what we are doing is turning the building into 2 apartments. One side is going to be for myself and the owner. The other side is going to have 4 bedrooms, kitchen, bath, laundry, and storage rooms. There is also going to be the gym that we've already started on (my brother will be posting pics as it comes along). In the open area of what used to be the auditorium is going to house an indoor-half basketball court. There will also be an office built for our landscaping business that we are looking to start up in the next few months.

As far as the gym goes, my brother moved in all of his weight equipment with the exception of the treadmill and db's. I'm in the process of moving in the treadmill, exercise bike, and rowing machine. I'm glad that he posted the "before" pics up now. As soon as I get the okay from the owner, I'll be completely remodeling the room. I can't wait to get this done!!! In these poor economic days it's so much cheaper and easier to have the gym in the room next to me to workout in rather than going to a gym and paying for gas and memberships.
    Serous ?

this is the misc you know trolls from arsehole to breakfast time

sounds to well thought out to be troll though

GJBills Brother Man

google maps pic ?
    ---
    --

Registered Boss EntropyIncrease's Avatar
    EntropyIncrease is a name known to all. (+5000) EntropyIncrease is a name known to all. (+5000) EntropyIncrease is a name known to all. (+5000) EntropyIncrease is a name known to all. (+5000) EntropyIncrease is a name known to all. (+5000) EntropyIncrease is a name known to all. (+5000) EntropyIncrease is a name known to all. (+5000) EntropyIncrease is a name known to all. (+5000) EntropyIncrease is a name known to all. (+5000) EntropyIncrease is a name known to all. (+5000) EntropyIncrease is a name known to all. (+5000)
    So I had a nice full gym in my basement, had another kid, and now turned the gym into a room for my oldest. I moved it to a smaller area, but that did not work. SOLUTION, friend of mine bought an old school to live in, we are turning one of the old classrooms into a gym. FINALLY I can do overhead presses!
    Am I the only one who thinks this is the ****ing coolest thing ever???

The gym part is like icing on the cake, or as I like to put it

Milk in the protein shake
    ZING!
    "Don't ask for a lighter load, ask for a stronger back."

If I buy milk from the grocery store and get it home only to realize that the jug is expiring tomorrow...I sure as hell am not driving to punch a farmer in the face and tip his cow over.

Originally Posted by EntropyIncrease View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks this is the ****ing coolest thing ever???

The gym part is like icing on the cake, or as I like to put it

Milk in the protein shake
    ZING!
    old school to live in
    personal awesome gym
    basketball court
    a sports hall

fuk man they are kings among men
    ---
    --

oh congrats on new kid OP
    ---
    --

ct73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ct73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ct73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ct73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ct73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ct73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ct73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ct73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ct73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ct73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ct73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by gottalift78 View Post
    I wouldnt even redo the room. Just add more equipment, an unreal sound system and lift raw as ****.
    We're definitely going to be putting in a high quality sound system that we've have an extra of. Some of the room has to be redone for cost saving reasons such as heat. As I stated the school was built in 1922 and was abandoned for a lil while. Therefor some of the windows have been smashed out. The ones in the gym aren't too bad. One set does have a hole in it. I'm going to be redoing the plaster walls so that the room can be better insulated and sound proofed. We are going to be trying to stay with as much of the raw look as possible though. I'm going to try and get some pictures of the building in its current form up as soon as possible.

Semo_Adms is just really nice. (+1000) Semo_Adms is just really nice. (+1000) Semo_Adms is just really nice. (+1000) Semo_Adms is just really nice. (+1000) Semo_Adms is just really nice. (+1000) Semo_Adms is just really nice. (+1000) Semo_Adms is just really nice. (+1000) Semo_Adms is just really nice. (+1000) Semo_Adms is just really nice. (+1000) Semo_Adms is just really nice. (+1000) Semo_Adms is just really nice. (+1000)
    Where in CT are you guys?

---
    --

CT73 is no troll, that is really my brother, told him about the post and he wanted to check out the site and post.

As for the school, the yard is not that big, BUT right across the street is a public field, 3 fullsize soccer fields, 2 outdoor basketball courts and a playground.

School is the big building on the left. Seen across the street are bathrooms/lockers the town sometimes opens in the summer for the fileds, then down a little hill to tall the fields.

We also are looking to start an MC and hopefully house HQ there.
    Last edited by Football_Bill; 02-18-2010 at 09:11 AM.

www.keto.org

ironsight is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironsight is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironsight is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironsight is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironsight is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironsight is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironsight is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironsight is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironsight is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironsight is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ironsight is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    sweet. subbed.

Originally Posted by Semo_Adms View Post
    Where in CT are you guys?
    We're in New London.

BigDaveo11 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaveo11 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaveo11 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaveo11 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaveo11 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaveo11 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaveo11 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaveo11 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaveo11 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaveo11 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaveo11 is just really nice. (+1000)
    that is awesome. subbed for pics after complete
    Monthly Electronic Music Mix. Will rep for listens and ******** Likes!

http://soundcloud.com/start-a-ripple-podcast

You fukkers dont know how jealous I am !

Seriously Ive wante dto do something along the lines of this loads just lacked the funding,motovation and site to do so
    ---
    --

HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000) HumpStrap is a complete loser! (-2000)
    are you planning on removing the absestos (sp?)
    Yep