buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000)

My PSMF log to 12%

After much debate, I have finally decided to try a 4 week cycle of PSMF. To give a bit of background on myself, I lost around 90 lbs over about a years time from 2009 to 2010, then recomped and gained some muscle while trimming up a bit over the next 9 months or so, probably landing around 13-14% bf. Over the past month or so, I have let the diet go with social events and a lot of things going on and have gained back between 5-10 unwanted lbs.

I'm probably sitting between 16-17% right now, 5"8 and 171.2 lbs.

Four week goal is drop 12 lbs to be in the 150's. But honestly would like to maybe even see myself push the 155 marker. My ultimate goal is 10% and 160 lbs, but that is probably a solid year away.

Purchased and read Lyle's book and will be doing kind of a modified version since I am on the edge of a category 1 and catefory 2.

At 171.2 lbs and 17%, my LBM is approx 142 lbs. I'm going to aim for 1.4gram of protein per LBM. So, essentially 200 grams of protein per day. The remaning 100-200 calories coming from broccoli, spinach, cucumbers, celery and the occasional cauliflower (my fav veggie)

Chicken breast, cottage cheese, whey, egg whites and green veggies are pretty much going to be my only food options. I may throw in some lunch meat if it fits as well as some turkey bacon and fat free cheese on an egg white omelette.

Dropping back my intensity at the gym will be the hardest part. I love going to the gym. Lyle suggests going only twice a week with full body workouts with a few well timed carbs if need be. So I will be lifting heavy twice a week and doing a couple very light cardio sessions 2-3 times a week. (walking for 20-30 minutes)

Since I am somewhere between a category 1 and category 2 in his book, i am going to do a slight modification. I am going to cycle three - ten day cycles. Essentially, i'm going for ten days with no cheats whatsoever, followed by two days at maintenence (maybe one day slightly above maintenence, but a big gym day with it). Rinse and repeat two more times. If a fourth cycle is needed I will do so, but i honestly expect to drop 12 lbs on the scale in one month. Esp considering i am more than likely carrying 4-5 lbs of extra water weight from a massive carb up yesterday and the day before.

At the end of this PSMF run, i intend on slowly ramping back into a maintenence diet for a few weeks to help mentally and get back the intensity in the gym with lifting and more cardio, then doing a 2-3 month 500cal deficit before doing a slow bulk over the winter.

I have forewarned the wife and my close friends. The next 30 days, I may not be the most pleasant person in the world.

Thanks to those following, I will need all the support and luck I can get.
    Most Recent Progress Photo thread:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152062853

brb putting down the fork til 10%

buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000)

Day 1

Day 1 - Weigh in 171.2 lbs

Havent seen the 170's in a long long time. That one hurt a bit. Just finished two days of massive carbs to finish out any craving I may have, so I know i'm carrying a lot of water weight. I honestly would'nt be surprised if i'm down under 165 within 48 hours.

Honestly, at the end of the month, i will be happy if i'm in the 150's, but 155 would be phenomenal and I think i would be very happy with my aesthetics at that weight.

With that being said, i'm not obsessing over the scale. Just a measuring tool. I know if i stick with this plan for the next month, I will get the results in the mirror that i'm looking for.

th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    As powerful as a PSMF may be I'm not sure you'll be satisfied with the end result, hopefully you are but I would imagine you'll still need to cut quite a bit more.
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.

Originally Posted by th3pwn3r View Post
    As powerful as a PSMF may be I'm not sure you'll be satisfied with the end result, hopefully you are but I would imagine you'll still need to cut quite a bit more.
    Thanks for the post bro.

Yep, thats why once i'm done with PSMF, i'm going to cut for 2-3 months at a 500cal deficit for a few more lbs to drop.

Over the winter, a VERY slow bulk. Like, maintenence and slightly above some days.

Then cut again in the spring.

As i noted in my first post, i know i'm probably a good year away from my ideal body composition.

th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yea, regardless of the time frame you have the right frame of mind about things. Too many people on these boards think they're going to be shredded the first cut around. As long as you don't fulk after your cut you'll be doing good.
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.

StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'll be watching your progress! Good luck to you bro!

Day 1 Diet and Second Weigh In

First day of the diet went pretty smoothly. No real major cravings.

Breakfast
    1 large cup Black Coffee w/ 2 splenda

Lunch
    3 Cups steamed Broccoli
    3 egg whites

Dinner
    9 oz chicken breast
    1 1/2 servings FF cheddar cheese
    1 serving salsa
    1 Cucumber

Snack
    2 servings of Whey

760 cals 35c/10f/130p

This is by no means the kind of day i will be aiming for everyday. It was hotter than he!l so my appetite was down big time. I was going to eat two servings of Cottage Cheese and more Chicken for my snack, but i just had zero will to eat. So i drank two servings of whey. I'm going to try and limit the days I drink whey to maybe just a few times a week. Eating under 1000 calories a day, i would like the calories to be from all whole foods.

Also, I follow IF, so my eating window is from 12pm-8pm everyday. Also, I had 20grams of BCAA's yesterday, so that increases my calories and protein a bit.

Overall, good first day, but need to focus on only whole foods and getting at least 25 more grams of protein in. My protein goal is between 170-190, so even counting my BCAA's, i was 20 solid grams short of it.

Today's focus will be to kill the protein and hit 200 grams.

1st Weigh in:
    167.8, -3.4lbs
    Obviously, its extremely gratifying to see the scale drop like that so quickly. Sure its water weight, but its still great to see that being over 170 was a temporary thing. As i stated in my earlier post, i wouldnt be surprised to see me down to 165 come tomorrow's weigh in. Those last two days before starting PSMF were EPIC carb ups to say the least.

Day 2 & 3

Diets were spot on both days. Both near 180 grams of protein, and around 950 calories if you count the veggies eaten.

Weigh in on Day 3:

Total loss 6.4 in 3 days.

I understand that is mostly water weight, but again, very encouraging to see the scale drop.

My birthday is on Day 4, and in hindsight should have started the diet on the day after my birthday with so many activities planned. But, at the end of Day 3, i was definitely feeling foggy headed. Kind of like a spaced out empty feeling.

The carbs are def welcomed coming on day 4. With myself being a category 2 according to Lyle, i'm not sweating it.

Day 4

Day 4 was my Birthday. 31 years. Man time flies.

Diet was all over the charts. But i made sure to eat my protein. 160 grams to be exact, and i'm guessing my carbs were around 300.

Felt great.

Though the diet may have been crazy (i'm thinking around 3500 calories. My maintenence is probably around 2500), i did get into the gym to get a big lifting day in. All lifts maintained, and even a couple went up.

Day 5 will be the official start of the 10 day cycle without any cheat meals. I think i'm going to aim for two carb up meals during the ten days around a workout. Lyle doesnt exactly plan for that, but i dont care. I think its a good idea, and can help me maintain intensity in the gym.

Weigh in: 168
    up 3.2 lbs from last weigh in, down 3.2 from initial weigh in.
    Considering I ate every carb in the world yesterday, i'm thrilled with this weigh in. I honestly thought I ran a chance to get back to 170. Very happy I did not.

Hoping that after two days back on PSMF, the water weigh should be dropped and I should be back to making progress and moving ahead.

StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by buckiaj View Post
    Day 4 was my Birthday. 31 years. Man time flies.

Diet was all over the charts. But i made sure to eat my protein. 160 grams to be exact, and i'm guessing my carbs were around 300.

Felt great.

Though the diet may have been crazy (i'm thinking around 3500 calories. My maintenence is probably around 2500), i did get into the gym to get a big lifting day in. All lifts maintained, and even a couple went up.

Day 5 will be the official start of the 10 day cycle without any cheat meals. I think i'm going to aim for two carb up meals during the ten days around a workout. Lyle doesnt exactly plan for that, but i dont care. I think its a good idea, and can help me maintain intensity in the gym.

Weigh in: 168
    up 3.2 lbs from last weigh in, down 3.2 from initial weigh in.
    Considering I ate every carb in the world yesterday, i'm thrilled with this weigh in. I honestly thought I ran a chance to get back to 170. Very happy I did not.

Hoping that after two days back on PSMF, the water weigh should be dropped and I should be back to making progress and moving ahead.
    It was your birthday, so you deserve to enjoy yourself, esp with the progress you made so far.

Did I say Day 5 would be the beginning of my 10 day cycle? I meant day 6 obviously.

Day 5 we had a major family announcement and unexpected gathering of lots of friends and family that involved a big steak, baked potato, big salad and some beer. (a very close member of the family cancer free after almost 4 years of treatment)

So, ended up near 3000 calories by my estimate and didnt make it into the gym.

I plan on killing the gym this afternoon on Day 6 and making good use of those carbs and calories.

I'm not sweating it, one day was my birthday and the other was a huge family thing.

Focus is there and this will happen.

I will be weighing myself in on Day 7 as well as posting starting pictures.