djtimodj is on a distinguished road. (+10) djtimodj is on a distinguished road. (+10) djtimodj is on a distinguished road. (+10) djtimodj is on a distinguished road. (+10) djtimodj is on a distinguished road. (+10) djtimodj is on a distinguished road. (+10) djtimodj is on a distinguished road. (+10) djtimodj is on a distinguished road. (+10) djtimodj is on a distinguished road. (+10) djtimodj is on a distinguished road. (+10) djtimodj is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Do you hate it when you fail!! Now with VID!

Just a bit of a rant post guys. Sorry. I was set for a PR attempt at deadlift today.

My previous max was 185kg. I went for 190kg today and failed! I warmed up as I should have. Warm up was:

60 x 5
    100 x 3
    140 x 1
    170 x 1 (this came up easy!)
    190 x 1 fail
    187.5 x 1 fail

Not happy really lol.

Last edited by djtimodj; 03-07-2011 at 07:16 AM.

BobH0skins is just really nice. (+1000) BobH0skins is just really nice. (+1000) BobH0skins is just really nice. (+1000) BobH0skins is just really nice. (+1000) BobH0skins is just really nice. (+1000) BobH0skins is just really nice. (+1000) BobH0skins is just really nice. (+1000) BobH0skins is just really nice. (+1000) BobH0skins is just really nice. (+1000) BobH0skins is just really nice. (+1000) BobH0skins is just really nice. (+1000)
    Nah dude, just means something's been wrong with your training or you didn't peak right. If you weren't strong enough on the day there's nothing you can do to change that.

Now when you train your ass off for the next 3 months and hit 200+ it's going to look more impressive since you missed this... haha

OneManArmy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneManArmy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneManArmy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneManArmy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneManArmy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneManArmy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneManArmy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneManArmy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneManArmy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneManArmy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneManArmy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I don't lift like you. I lift as much as utterly possible everytime I'm in there and I am more than happy with that. Especially when it feels like the blood isn't circulating in my head when I'm at home resting from lifting so heavy and I have no idea how I will go on lifting as heavy as I do. Not concerned with my maxes in any exercise.

Intense as fuk bro austin.j.taylor's Avatar
    austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by djtimodj View Post
    Just a bit of a rant post guys. Sorry. I was set for a PR attempt at deadlift today.

My previous max was 185kg. I went for 190kg today and failed! I warmed up as I should have. Warm up was:

60 x 5
    100 x 3
    140 x 1
    170 x 1 (this came up easy!)
    190 x 1 fail
    187.5 x 1 fail

Not happy really lol.

[youtube
    20 kilos is a pretty big jump at that level. I would personally have given 180 a go then tried 190. It looks like you gave up early on it becasue your hips flew up so fast. Keep them hips down. At worst case, if you can try hitching it to get it up(without causing an injury of course). After i hitch one up, the next week i am golden for that lift smooth.

After you failed that 190, you probably shouldnt have attempted the 187.5, whenever you fail dont try to lift something that close to the failure, it only presents a mind fuk to you. It you havent recently it might be time to deload for a week and then try again. Lets face it you are moving into that intermediate area of strength where you have to let everything reset for awhile. Going insanely heavy all the time will only burn your cns and leave you with the feeling you have right now.
    ★cVc★

My Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174578931

djtimodj is on a distinguished road. (+10) djtimodj is on a distinguished road. (+10) djtimodj is on a distinguished road. (+10) djtimodj is on a distinguished road. (+10) djtimodj is on a distinguished road. (+10) djtimodj is on a distinguished road. (+10) djtimodj is on a distinguished road. (+10) djtimodj is on a distinguished road. (+10) djtimodj is on a distinguished road. (+10) djtimodj is on a distinguished road. (+10) djtimodj is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by austin.j.taylor View Post
    20 kilos is a pretty big jump at that level. I would personally have given 180 a go then tried 190. It looks like you gave up early on it becasue your hips flew up so fast. Keep them hips down. At worst case, if you can try hitching it to get it up(without causing an injury of course). After i hitch one up, the next week i am golden for that lift smooth.

After you failed that 190, you probably shouldnt have attempted the 187.5, whenever you fail dont try to lift something that close to the failure, it only presents a mind fuk to you. It you havent recently it might be time to deload for a week and then try again. Lets face it you are moving into that intermediate area of strength where you have to let everything reset for awhile. Going insanely heavy all the time will only burn your cns and leave you with the feeling you have right now.
    Thanks man, I know about my hips. I really find it hard to keep them down. Im due a deload/rest week so Im sure that would have helped a bit. Ill try 180 then 190 next time I try to max out.

I thought I would do it fine as i pulled 170kg for 3 reps the week before but oh well!

BobH0skins is just really nice. (+1000) BobH0skins is just really nice. (+1000) BobH0skins is just really nice. (+1000) BobH0skins is just really nice. (+1000) BobH0skins is just really nice. (+1000) BobH0skins is just really nice. (+1000) BobH0skins is just really nice. (+1000) BobH0skins is just really nice. (+1000) BobH0skins is just really nice. (+1000) BobH0skins is just really nice. (+1000) BobH0skins is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by OneManArmy1 View Post
    I lift as much as utterly possible everytime I'm in there and I am more than happy with that .......... Not concerned with my maxes in any exercise.
    What?!?

Intense as fuk bro austin.j.taylor's Avatar
    austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by djtimodj View Post
    Thanks man, I know about my hips. I really find it hard to keep them down. Im due a deload/rest week so Im sure that would have helped a bit. Ill try 180 then 190 next time I try to max out.

I thought I would do it fine as i pulled 170kg for 3 reps the week before but oh well!
    this is how i fixed my hip problems. lean back into the bar and push everything out of the heels. if this doesnt make sense i can try to word it better

as far as strength is concerned, have you ever done speed work after heavy sets? I feel speed work helps me maintain my hips alot and the explosion is always nice.
    ★cVc★

My Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174578931

OneManArmy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneManArmy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneManArmy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneManArmy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneManArmy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneManArmy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneManArmy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneManArmy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneManArmy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneManArmy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OneManArmy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BobH0skins View Post
    What?!?
    What what? I am getting awesome results not looking for maxes, so I have no idea what u r talking about.

The OP didn't even attempt his previous record. If you can't lift that, you can't lift anymore than that. I never bump the weight unless I am in full control of my previous heaviest amount.

What what? I am getting awesome results not looking for maxes, so I have no idea what u r talking about.

The OP didn't even attempt his previous record. If you can't lift that, you can't lift anymore than that. I never bump the weight unless I am in full control of my previous heaviest amount.
    So what's your total then Handsome B Wonderful?

So what's your total then Handsome B Wonderful?
    Not sharing my total. How is my total related to the OPs not finding his max right? I'm changing all my exercises when I get back in there anyways. Yes, I am handsome.

Not sharing my total. How is my total related to the OPs not finding his max right? I'm changing all my exercises when I get back in there anyways. Yes, I am handsome.
    Because you sound weak and I am curious.

Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Dude, he doesn't count his maxes, he just lifts to the max.

Maxx, sorry.
    Koyongi: I am going to accomplish this by following a haphazard training system, and forging elite fitness.

Originally Posted by Fluster View Post

Maxx, sorry.
    I'm starting to think there's a possbility he doesn't know what powerlifting is.

Maxx, sorry.

I'm starting to think there's a possbility he doesn't know what powerlifting is.
    Most likely you are on steroids if you lift. Prohormone type substances count as steroids. The last you should be telling me buddy is that I'M weak when you are using horse test to do the work for you. You don't even know your own strength ***got. Damn I lift close to or the same what I see juiced freaks lifting and I'm half their size. Can't wait till I'm your size naturally so we can go outside and I can roll you up into a little ball cuz you wasted your time on steriods and you are weak. You don't know weak buddy, but you will.

jcameron28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcameron28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcameron28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcameron28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcameron28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcameron28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcameron28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcameron28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcameron28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcameron28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcameron28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Most likely you are on steroids if you lift. Prohormone type substances count as steroids. The last you should be telling me buddy is that I'M weak when you are using horse test to do the work for you. You don't even know your own strength ***got. Damn I lift close to or the same what I see juiced freaks lifting and I'm half their size. Can't wait till I'm your size naturally so we can go outside and I can roll you up into a little ball cuz you wasted your time on steriods and you are weak. You don't know weak buddy, but you will.
    Aesthetic goals: achieve doyouevenliftmode

TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Umm... what? Anyone who lifts is on steroids?
    There is no such thing as 'strong enough'

breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    At first I was like

...then I was like
    637/390tng/615 - belt/wraps, best gym lifts.
    600/370/600 - best competition lifts.
    575/330/560 - best competition lifts at 181 raw.
    "I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize." - 1 Cor 9:27

Originally Posted by jcameron28 View Post
    You people pissing me off is a joke. I'm really making natural gains now instead of wheel spinning like I was for years and there is nothing funny about that. You think you are pissed in your roid rage, you don't know pissed.

Originally Posted by TrettinR View Post
    Umm... what? Anyone who lifts is on steroids?
    Not what I said.

Originally Posted by breathinglife View Post
    At first I was like

...then I was like
    You sip the sauce yourself I take it. I don't read anything from you condemning steroid abuse, so you can only be condoning it. That is nothing to smile or laugh about. You've even got scripture in your siggy and you think roids are something to laugh about. You are a disgrace and a moral failure.

Now, all of you stfu so this guy can have his thread back and I don't have to answer you anymore. Or we can keep this dance up ad infinitum until the thread gets locked.

TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You people pissing me off is a joke. I'm really making natural gains now instead of wheel spinning like I was for years and there is nothing funny about that. You think you are pissed in your roid rage, you don't know pissed.
    Why are you so mad?

Not what I said.
    You're right. You said, and I quote, "Most likely you are on steroids if you lift". By this logic you are also most likely on steroids.

You sip the sauce yourself I take it. I don't read anything about you condemning steroid abuse, so you can only be condoning it. That is nothing to smile or laugh about. You've even got scripture in your siggy and you think roids are something to laugh about. You are a disgrace and a moral failure.
    Haha, so if you don't condemn steroids every single post you use them and are obviously condone them? Smart.

Also, good call about his morals. If I recall, in the bible (Book of Mark, I believe) "Thou shalt not use steroids, thou shalt also condemn steroids every chance they get." What a sinner.
    There is no such thing as 'strong enough'

mm55 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mm55 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mm55 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mm55 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mm55 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mm55 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mm55 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mm55 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mm55 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mm55 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mm55 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Talking sh*t on a forum when you know you'll likely never see the person in real life. SUCCESS!
    There is no need to be upset

This guy is a weird troll, he picked an odd thread to troll and also a weird account name/stats. If he is legitimate this is amazing.

Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm so very confused.
    Koyongi: I am going to accomplish this by following a haphazard training system, and forging elite fitness.

BuckWyld has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BuckWyld has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BuckWyld has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BuckWyld has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BuckWyld has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BuckWyld has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BuckWyld has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BuckWyld has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BuckWyld has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BuckWyld has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BuckWyld has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm so very confused.
    Confused and ON STEROIDS.

LithiuM23 is just really nice. (+1000) LithiuM23 is just really nice. (+1000) LithiuM23 is just really nice. (+1000) LithiuM23 is just really nice. (+1000) LithiuM23 is just really nice. (+1000) LithiuM23 is just really nice. (+1000) LithiuM23 is just really nice. (+1000) LithiuM23 is just really nice. (+1000) LithiuM23 is just really nice. (+1000) LithiuM23 is just really nice. (+1000) LithiuM23 is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

I don't think anyone even mentioned steroids, did they?

As for the failing thing OP, I hate when I fail at lifts, but it does happen. You have to set a realistic lift for yourself. I went from benching 370 lb to 405 lb one right after another. I got the 405 3/4 of the way but couldn't lock it out. Yes I felt like sh*t, but at the same time I know that someday (if not tomorrow or the next day) I will reach that goal!

Keep up the good work man.
    Bench Max: 380 lbs
    Deadlift Max: 505 lbs x2
    Squat Max: 365 lbs
    Incline Bar Max: 350 lbs x1

"I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday!"

Tiber is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiber is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiber is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiber is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiber is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiber is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiber is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiber is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiber is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiber is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tiber is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Just saying

WELL MY THREAD ITS ****ED NOW!!! hahaah...Please remove that last pic!lol.