brooklyndown is just really nice. (+1000) brooklyndown is just really nice. (+1000) brooklyndown is just really nice. (+1000) brooklyndown is just really nice. (+1000) brooklyndown is just really nice. (+1000) brooklyndown is just really nice. (+1000) brooklyndown is just really nice. (+1000) brooklyndown is just really nice. (+1000) brooklyndown is just really nice. (+1000) brooklyndown is just really nice. (+1000) brooklyndown is just really nice. (+1000)

Post practical nutrition tips

Hey... I thought it might be fun to start a thread where people could post practical nutrition / exercise tips. When I made the commitment seven months ago to get into shape, I found that learning what I had to do was only half the battle. The other half was figuring out HOW to meet my nutrition and exercise goals practically with my life. So I'll start by posting some practical things/tips that I wish I knew up front:

1. Tupperware is awesome. I always pack my meals in advance in Tupperware, so I can have food with me all the time. I also chop my vegetables once a week and always have Tupperware filled with chopped peppers, onion, celery, and lemon wedges in the fridge.*

2. Buy a rice cooker. It makes cooking rice soooooo much easier. I'll cook like 400g of rice at a time and then store it in a big Tupperware in the fridge, and then I have rice all week.*

3. Buy a good quality blender. I went through three cheap crappy blenders before I finally bit the bullet and bought a nice blender. It's the best. Don't bother with those cheap pieces of crap you get for like $20. They don't work well, and they break.*

4. *You can cook a lot of stuff, including potatoes in the microwave.

5. Having a food scale is nice. I'll weigh--instead of measure out by volume--even liquid because it's easier and more accurate.*

6. Spreadsheets are great ways to track your macros.*

7. Don't underestimate the value of planning ahead of time. The only time I ever get into trouble is when I haven't made an effort to plan my workout and diet ahead of time. With proper planning, I've managed to travel and work without missing meals or workouts.*

8. Buy meat in bulk and freeze it in portioned sections so it's always ready to go.*

9. Get a cooler. I've got one of those backpack coolers that I can take anywhere, and it keeps my food fresh.*

10. If you can't figure out when you can fit your workout into your day, you can always just wake up earlier. lol srs

Anyway, those are the things that jump to my mind. Would love to hear what some of you who have been at this longer than I have have to offer in terms of practical tips you wish you knew when starting out.*

Glutes... they are back Cumulonimbus's Avatar
    Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Don't complicate things, that's what I wish I knew when I first started.
    Just a weight lifter

Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Cumulonimbus View Post
    Don't complicate things, that's what I wish I knew when I first started.
    This.

I had paralysis by analysis going on when I started. Figure out your calories and your macros, then eat it.

But great practical advice up there!

Big cookin' Sunday and Tupperware ftw.

bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Shrederator View Post
    Figure out your calories and your macros, then eat it.
    Bingo. The rest can be learned along the way.

brooklyndown is just really nice. (+1000) brooklyndown is just really nice. (+1000) brooklyndown is just really nice. (+1000) brooklyndown is just really nice. (+1000) brooklyndown is just really nice. (+1000) brooklyndown is just really nice. (+1000) brooklyndown is just really nice. (+1000) brooklyndown is just really nice. (+1000) brooklyndown is just really nice. (+1000) brooklyndown is just really nice. (+1000) brooklyndown is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah, hitting macros = 1 priority. Amazing how many guys I see at my gym who are there all the time and still look wayyy out of shape. My guess is their diet prob is to blame. I also live in Brooklyn where drinking beer is a way of life.

sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Don't carry little meals around with you in a backpack cooler, it makes you look like a retard.
    Who do men say that I am?

Glutes... they are back Cumulonimbus's Avatar
    Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sunngodd View Post
    Don't carry little meals around with you in a backpack cooler, it makes you look like a retard.
    Hahahaha this as well.
    Just a weight lifter

Skullbreaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skullbreaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skullbreaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skullbreaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skullbreaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skullbreaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skullbreaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skullbreaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skullbreaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skullbreaker will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skullbreaker will become famous soon enough. (+50)

heres my lunch box haha i was always smiling when i take it off at my bag pack, i said to my friend when they look at me , YEA BOY!!

it contains 3 taperware at the lunch box

1st taperware sweet potatos + chicken breast
    2nd 4 slices of wheat bread
    3rd Tuna for my wheat bread

hahaha! i was kinda weird at school, but im pround i dont care, they will envy me at the near future!

i have my own kitchen scale too! kinda weird at home thats why i always put my foods at my scale when i was alone.

its new thing here in my home thats why, and to my country,

===

BB.com made me diffrent in many ways. the way i eat my diet calculating calories macro programs, if i dont know this site, ithink i am still sucks,
    Last edited by Skullbreaker; 03-04-2011 at 04:22 PM.