Da_Leo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Lat strength - good exercises?

hey guys,

my lats are lagging because i haven't been able to do lat pulldowns in a while (i have to work out at home), and i can do only 1 or at the most 2 body weight chin ups.

do you have any suggestion how i could increase my lat strength w/o a cable machine enough so as to be able to do at least 4-6 chinups and use them as a lat exercise instead?

i have heard about pullovers, but they're only an auxilliary exercise aren't they?

thanks a lot!
    MENS SANA IN CORPORE SANO

"A healthy spirit in a healthy body"

midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000)
    when you bench you put your lats alot into it, only thing i can come up for now it keep beching, and if you have a training partner assisted chinups

Dawg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dawg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dawg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dawg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dawg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dawg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dawg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dawg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dawg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dawg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dawg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Barbell rows? Dumbbell rows?

If you work out at home, when you do chins, grab a stool or chair and put your legs on them (I'm assuming you bend your legs when you chin)...that way, you can do 'assisted' chins.

Also, negatives on the chin bar?

Just some thoughts!

Good luck!

Chunk2212 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bump on rows. Any kind of row (t-bar, bb, db) will help to start developing your lats especially your rear lats. Do enough of these and then start to see if you can eventually incorporate some wide-grip chins in. Those are going to be what really pack on size to your lats.

DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000)
    Look into getting this thing. It's a pullup bar for the home that doesn't require screwing it into the doorframe.

http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/02001.html

rainingphenom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rainingphenom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rainingphenom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rainingphenom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rainingphenom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rainingphenom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rainingphenom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rainingphenom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rainingphenom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rainingphenom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rainingphenom has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I do wide grip pullups and my lats seem to be getting stronger by the week. i also incorporate barbell rows(heavy) and lat pulldowns, but the best exercise for developng ur lats is wide gripe pullups going behind the neck

Da_Leo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks a lot guys!

Now that you mention it.. I do notice some development that must have come from the bench or the rows...

I'll definetly give the pullovers a try this weekend when I do my back.
    MENS SANA IN CORPORE SANO

"A healthy spirit in a healthy body"

PumpFreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Three months ago I started doing pullups and 70 degree Barbell rows, my lats have grown huge as a result. If you can't do many pullups, get a training partner to assist you until you gain more strength.

Oh, and don't forget the deadlifts!!