prinzy3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is there a way to predict weight growth?

like if i say i eat blah blah amount of calories, and blah blah amount of prot/carb/fat will i be able to predict how many pounds i could put on in a period of time, like say 9 months or something?

let's say i'm 5'11 and 20 years old, if i was to eat 5000-6000 calories a day how many pounds would i put on.. yes i know "you'll get fat blah blah" but i'm not worried about that as far as now, just wondering

InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yes. Your caloric maintenance level (Dictated by age, gender, weight, bodyfat% and activity/training level) is what needs to be surpassed in order to gain weight. Some may get obese off of a 4000 calorie diet, and others will fade away. Google BMR calculator and try a few and average them out.

It is approximated that if you eat 3500 calories over your maintenance level, you will gain one pound. So, 500 cals over a day will result in a weekly gain of one lb. Net weight can may be more or less, depending on how much water your body is holding onto/disposing of (Water retention caused by high levels of sodium in your diet etc)

Unless you are Either A.) Very, very large B.) Participating in a very rigorous activity schedule from day to day or C.) Both you will get fat, quick.

I would recommend 500-1000 cals over your maintenance level, daily. More and you're really not doing any good; dipping into the side of the spectrum where negative starts to outweigh the benefit.
    Highlights: http://www.youtube.com/user/bkbrawla666/videos

thanks for the post, good info.. i just saw some dude that had a great transformation though and he was eating 5000-6000 calories a day, i cant post links because of my post count but he's called pauleccles on here

maybe i'll just start off on a 1000 calories over my maintenance thing and see how that goes... btw i tried the calculators but they all differ so much, thanks for the info though!

lilmopho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilmopho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilmopho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilmopho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilmopho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilmopho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilmopho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilmopho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilmopho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I dont understand how to calculate my cals per day if i want to gain muscle, not cut

Im 5'11 180lbs 15y/o

and this is what i eat

Drink 3- 4 bottles of water. Throughout the day.

Chronological order:

One A Day Men's Multi- Vitamin, 1 capsule of Omega 3 fish oil
    -Breakfast
    • Four scrambled eggs
    • Glass of skim milk
    • Piece of whole grain with peanut butter
    • Bannana
    -2nd period
    • Trail mix bar
    -Lunch
    • Two sandwiches
    • Two Pieces of fruit
    • Chocolate Milk
    -6th period
    • Trail mix Bar
    -8th period
    • Sandwich whole grain

-Work Out
    • 1 ½ scoops of protein, some glutamine.
    Dinner
    • Chicken or salmon or some type of smoked fish or some type of balanced meal

---Casine

Before Bed
    • Try to eat something healthy

I drink ON 100% whey and ON Casine.

InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thread jackage ftl?

Same applies. The gain/loss will be at the same pace if you are over or under by the same amount. Fitday.com seems to have an accurate and reputable calculator.

Google - BMR calculator, accurate

Originally Posted by prinzy3 View Post
    thanks for the post, good info.. i just saw some dude that had a great transformation though and he was eating 5000-6000 calories a day, i cant post links because of my post count but he's called pauleccles on here

maybe i'll just start off on a 1000 calories over my maintenance thing and see how that goes... btw i tried the calculators but they all differ so much, thanks for the info though!
    He's either A.) lying or B.) He underwent a very, very brutal exercise regime. (I'm talking heart attack inducing HIIT here)

lilmopho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilmopho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilmopho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilmopho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilmopho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilmopho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilmopho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilmopho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilmopho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by InfiniteExcel View Post
    Thread jackage ftl?

Same applies. The gain/loss will be at the same pace if you are over or under by the same amount. Fitday.com seems to have an accurate and reputable calculator.

Google - BMR calculator, accurate

Yo sorry man didnt mean to im new

Originally Posted by lilmopho View Post
    Yo sorry man didnt mean to im new
    No worries compadre, live and learn. Carry on

tthanks for all the info even if it was coped

hmmm the bmr calculator says 1883 for maintenance, not sure about that as i eat more and still don't gain... i'll just lower it to about 4000 calories and if i start getting fat i'll slow down.. thanks though