Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ianman03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ianman03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ianman03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ianman03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ianman03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ianman03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ianman03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ianman03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ianman03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ianman03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ianman03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New Mens Physique Division

I am hearing way too much negative bashing on this division. I am totally confused why. Women have bodybuilding, fitness, Figure, Bikini, and now Physique. All of which are tailored towards different goals and different physiques. Funny thing is that most of the people I have seen who are bashing this division don't have a chance in competing in Bodybuilding anyways and are the same guys who go to shows and cheer on dudes while sitting on their asses. I think this is a good idea. It'll be good to see more people get involved and get on stage no matter what their goals are. Either natural or not. Bodybuilding or Physique. Who freaking cares.

Clewallen11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clewallen11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clewallen11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clewallen11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clewallen11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clewallen11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clewallen11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clewallen11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clewallen11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clewallen11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clewallen11 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I like the idea, gives that happy median for the people who love to lift but dont want the SUPER-HUGE body. They just like to be a head-turner. I love the idea of this division and farther into my lifting career i would like to compete in this.
    "No need for a plan B, it's only a distraction from plan A"

J6y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J6y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J6y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J6y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J6y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J6y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J6y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J6y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J6y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J6y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) J6y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I agree

It's more of an obtainable look for the average person so I can't see why people think it's a bad idea!

kbeezy is just really nice. (+1000) kbeezy is just really nice. (+1000) kbeezy is just really nice. (+1000) kbeezy is just really nice. (+1000) kbeezy is just really nice. (+1000) kbeezy is just really nice. (+1000) kbeezy is just really nice. (+1000) kbeezy is just really nice. (+1000) kbeezy is just really nice. (+1000) kbeezy is just really nice. (+1000) kbeezy is just really nice. (+1000)
    how come there are no mens physique contests in Texas?

http://www.npcnewsonline.com/PDFfile...estListing.pdf

ianman03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ianman03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ianman03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ianman03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ianman03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ianman03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ianman03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ianman03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ianman03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ianman03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ianman03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I competed in a show last month in Salt Lake and it was a blast. I am a big fan of Mens Physique. It was fun to train for and a good experience. Check out pics on NPCUTAH.com from the March 19th show.

loudz is on a distinguished road. (+10) loudz is on a distinguished road. (+10) loudz is on a distinguished road. (+10) loudz is on a distinguished road. (+10) loudz is on a distinguished road. (+10) loudz is on a distinguished road. (+10) loudz is on a distinguished road. (+10) loudz is on a distinguished road. (+10) loudz is on a distinguished road. (+10) loudz is on a distinguished road. (+10) loudz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The physique division, model america, wbff... all very common in the sense that it's all about the versatility of marketing... the appeal that that you have. In these divisions you can't get away with just a great physique, you need that overall good look.

Each to his own, personally i love the addition because it allows me to live my athletic lifestyle(wakeboarding,snowboarding,mma etc.) and still step on stage, once, twice or 4 times a year as stated by the op. In contrary to "bodybuilding" where you might do two shows a year and the off season can be a 40lbs differential in body mass.

THE HEAVY IRON SQUAD,CUZZ ygbodybuilder10's Avatar
    ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My question is what the hell are they judging and looking for?

One of the winners I seen look like he belonged on a bodybuilding stage

Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mr.NoPrint is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    id consider competing. wouldnt ever step onto a bb stage though.

wonder how zyzz would go..

just seems like a natty division.

loudz is on a distinguished road. (+10) loudz is on a distinguished road. (+10) loudz is on a distinguished road. (+10) loudz is on a distinguished road. (+10) loudz is on a distinguished road. (+10) loudz is on a distinguished road. (+10) loudz is on a distinguished road. (+10) loudz is on a distinguished road. (+10) loudz is on a distinguished road. (+10) loudz is on a distinguished road. (+10) loudz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ygbodybuilder10 View Post
    My question is what the hell are they judging and looking for?

One of the winners I seen look like he belonged on a bodybuilding stage
    yeah true enough... and i think thats why the WBFF now has a fitness model division and male muscle model division!

dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My main issues with Men's Physique are the 'board shorts' and the posing. I don't think it's best to assess any physique when it's so covered up, and the Bikini posing with the hand on hip is weird to me.

What they're looking for seems to be a Men's Fitness/Muscle and Fitness cover look.

As for the women's divisions, there are too many, lol.
    NPC Bodybuilder, Mother and Hater Extraordinaire

Sponsored by Prep & Rep Kitchen

NutriFitBobby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Mens Physique gives every guy out there who's dreamed about stepping on stage an opportunity to compete. My prediction is that the number of competitors will soon pass bodybuilding due to the appeal to the larger market. I've been asked for years to do bodybuilding and, although I'm impressed by the dedication these guys have to achieve the freakish proportions, I personally have no desire to carry that weight around on a day to day basis.

This is the first year so everyone is trying to figure out what this category is going to be including the judges so for a little while there will be some discrepancies over the physiques that win each show. I'm excited over the idea that we have an opportunity to shape what Mens Physique will be for the future to come so I say anyone that has any interests should give it a shot. You never know, your physique could be the one they look at and determine that's the standard they are going to hold everyone else too.

So people can bash and say it's "fem" or "gay" but I know a lot of physique guys that will leave almost anyone wanting to look for a garbage can after a workout. Doing physique doesn't mean you train or diet any less. It means you are creating a more attainable and therefore marketable look and that takes just as much hard work and dedication. When I say that I mean that Men's Physique will become the category that talent agencies will look to pull from. Bodybuilders are impressive freaks of nature but you won't find them doing a Calvin Klein underwear billboard in Times Square.

What do you have to lose? The worst that can happen is you don't place but wind up in much better shape than the day you decided to compete and women start asking you out because you posted pictures of yourself from the show on ******** for the world to see. Just sayin...
    Bobby Ashhurst
    Owner of ProPhysiquePrep.com
    IFBB Men's Physique Pro
    Team Dymatize Featured Athlete
    Powertec Fitness Athlete
    Fitmark Bags Athlete

sean061788 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sean061788 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sean061788 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sean061788 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sean061788 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sean061788 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sean061788 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sean061788 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sean061788 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sean061788 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sean061788 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I dont get why they dont just do it like the Canadians.. your still a " bodybuilder" just with the "classic" ( small ) look

last years winner of the Physique class at Canadian Nationals

and if the it blows up and makes it to the O.. in my opinion it would be a damn shame to have this

even on the same stage that had this

the reason people dont like the idea of it, is because its basically bodybuilding with less work.. and most likely filled with guys that are just using it as a stepping stone because they want to be the next greg plitt
    Last edited by sean061788; 04-04-2011 at 07:11 PM.
    "This next set is for all my haters who keep hacking my ******** and saying i like cocks.."

-Jason Genova

**frozen tilapia crew** come at us

NutriFitBobby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't think aspiring to be the next Greg Plitt is that bad a thing. Let's see he's in shape, successful and living life the way he wants to. I'm positive a lot of bodybuilders are using it as a stepping stone to be the next Arnold. Competing is an expensive hobby. You should have aspirations beyond competing. Success beyond competing is not only good for the individual but for the organization where their fitness career began.
    Bobby Ashhurst
    Owner of ProPhysiquePrep.com
    IFBB Men's Physique Pro
    Team Dymatize Featured Athlete
    Powertec Fitness Athlete
    Fitmark Bags Athlete

Originally Posted by NutriFitBobby View Post
    I don't think aspiring to be the next Greg Plitt is that bad a thing. Let's see he's in shape, successful and living life the way he wants to. I'm positive a lot of bodybuilders are using it as a stepping stone to be the next Arnold. Competing is an expensive hobby. You should have aspirations beyond competing. Success beyond competing is not only good for the individual but for the organization where their fitness career began.
    I very much agree, well said.

MaxPower69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MaxPower69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MaxPower69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MaxPower69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MaxPower69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MaxPower69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MaxPower69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MaxPower69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MaxPower69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MaxPower69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MaxPower69 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by sean061788 View Post
    I dont get why they dont just do it like the Canadians.. your still a " bodybuilder" just with the "classic" ( small ) look

what are the stats of this guy? height and weight

sean061788 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sean061788 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sean061788 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sean061788 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sean061788 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sean061788 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sean061788 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sean061788 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sean061788 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sean061788 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sean061788 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MaxPower69 View Post
    what are the stats of this guy? height and weight
    I dont know the exact stats but in those pics he was a middle weight / tall class
    "This next set is for all my haters who keep hacking my ******** and saying i like cocks.."

-Jason Genova

**frozen tilapia crew** come at us

Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I realize this is bumping a dated thread but I've taken an interest in the topic. I seem to keep hearing that somehow the MPD engenders mediocrity. From what I see, however, there is nothing mediocre about the physiques on stage. I think people seriously underestimate the condition one must acheive to place well.

Could you say that MPD is mediocre when compared to bodybuilding? Maybe but then again you're comparing Apples to Watermellons. Would you make that comparison between female bb and figure? Prbly not, right?

I'm putting my hat in the ring for a show in October. I don't mind going against the grain and doing something that most people criticize. I'm not a follower and I've never been one. I have allot of reasons for wanting to do this and I promise you being mediocre isnt one of them.

I do think it will be good for the sport. Lets face it guys, Bodybuilding doesn't exactly have a positive public image! This new division could breath new life, respect, revenue and image to the sport.

FInally, I respect any competitve athlete. Your goals are yours; mine are mine. But, anyone who has the chops to focus, work hard and excel in sports I have tremendous respect for even if I'm not down with their sport of choice! We are all bro's and in this together, whether we choose to wear posing trunks or board shorts!

Peace.
    "The best gift that you can give your children is to Love their Mother"

970Muscle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 970Muscle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 970Muscle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 970Muscle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 970Muscle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 970Muscle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 970Muscle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 970Muscle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 970Muscle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 970Muscle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 970Muscle has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by loudz View Post
    The physique division, model america, wbff... all very common in the sense that it's all about the versatility of marketing... the appeal that that you have. In these divisions you can't get away with just a great physique, you need that overall good look.

Each to his own, personally i love the addition because it allows me to live my athletic lifestyle(wakeboarding,snowboarding,mma etc.) and still step on stage, once, twice or 4 times a year as stated by the op. In contrary to "bodybuilding" where you might do two shows a year and the off season can be a 40lbs differential in body mass.
    Very well said!!! An exciting new division for these exact reasons!

Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ianman03 View Post
    I am hearing way too much negative bashing on this division. I am totally confused why. Women have bodybuilding, fitness, Figure, Bikini, and now Physique. All of which are tailored towards different goals and different physiques. Funny thing is that most of the people I have seen who are bashing this division don't have a chance in competing in Bodybuilding anyways and are the same guys who go to shows and cheer on dudes while sitting on their asses. I think this is a good idea. It'll be good to see more people get involved and get on stage no matter what their goals are. Either natural or not. Bodybuilding or Physique. Who freaking cares.
    It's no offense to you or others who are intersted in the physique division. The reasoning is because many of us bodybuilders who compete feel that the "sport" of it gets taken away by the physique division.

All of the competitive bodybuilders suffer to varying degrees but I can tell you we/they all feel it is truly a sport, a sport that takes blood, sweat and tears, that pushes you to the brink of everything you can physically and mentally handle.

It's the same way many women bber, fitness, and figure women think about the bikini division.

Me personally I am not super anti it. And I can tell you for damn sure I don't have anything against their physiques. Many of those guys have GREAT physiques.

I agree with you there are many 160 pound guys who do NOT compete in bodybuilding competitions who say stuff like "f*ck those manlets their so gay.".

That is retarded...I don't think that way and it is an ignorant and dumb way to think. For people like me towards the mens physique and women bber, figure, and fitness we are just fighting to make this a legit sport (as legit as it can be) and we are adamently against it turning into a pageant. So many like me are sort of in the middle on mens physique and bikini...we just don't know what to think. The board shorts and posing seems like a fashion show...just like bikini.

Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Flex500 View Post
    That is retarded...I don't think that way and it is an ignorant and dumb way to think. For people like me towards the mens physique and women bber, figure, and fitness we are just fighting to make this a legit sport (as legit as it can be) and we are adamently against it turning into a pageant. So many like me are sort of in the middle on mens physique and bikini...we just don't know what to think. The board shorts and posing seems like a fashion show...just like bikini.
    I don't agree with you but you've made your point in a thoughtfull way. Very logical and well said. I don't think it will turn into a "Pageant" though. The blood, sweat and tears you speak of will be required for anyone in MPD who wants to win. Vanity alone will never cut it. Not in bodybuilding and not in MPD. Anyone whose been on stage knows Vanity is enough of a fuel to get you beach ready; it's nowhere near enough to sustain your discipline all the way to stage condition - be it bb or mpd.

I'm not trying to change your mind in any way but consider this. Nobody, no matter how opposed to the idea, beleives this new Division will do anything but increase attendance at events. It will also increase revenue. In all likelyhood, it will drive main-stream media attention as well - e.g., mens health, mens fitness etc.. The translation here is more exposure, of the positive stripe, accross the board. All ships rise when the tide comes in. If anything, it can only increase the stakes for the bodybuilding division; making it more competitive. I think it will cull the herd in the bb divisions and weed out the guys who have no business there, because I think that harms the sport as much as anything.

It could also improve the perception of Bodybuilding. People hear bodybuilding and automatically think we are bullies, mean guys, steroid abusers and generally unhealthy. If most people got to know the sport a little better they would realize that isn't further from the truth. Are there some Sh*t heads?Sure, just proportionate to any other walk of life.

As I said earlier, I plan on competing in this division. Am I crazy about everything about it? no. Like you, I esspecially don't like the Board Shorts. I've worked hard to develop my lower body. Most people who never competed in bodybuilding or heavy contact sports, don't understand what that takes! I beleive that even a MODEST increase in the cut on those shorts would weed out the guys who have no business modeling the 'ideal physique'.

Also, the posing could be a little more robust without diminishing the "Cover Look" to which the division aspires. Any over head pose, for example a take-off of a hands behind the head Ab pose, would further weed out unconditioned athletes. But, hey, like any new concept, system, idea etc. .... there are always bugs to work out. You have to start somewhere and implementing a new idea sometimes requires that less than perfect draconian approach; otherwise it becomes analysis paralysis.

Anyway, I respect people who disagree with me. I also respect bodybuilders because I've been there and now what that takes. We will all know soon what the outcome is.

juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bikini doesn't even compare to men's physique, not even close.

UnderdogStory has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think Men's physique is a great addition to the NPC. Some people think it will take away from the "bodybuilding" ideal of the shows, but it will only draw more popularity. There was alot of questions when the bikini division was added to womens and look how that turned out. I plan on entering my first competition in men's physique and it has driven my motivation levels through the roof. I have always been a competitive person and this division has given me something to work for everytime I step in the gym

Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Cape1 View Post
    I don't agree with you but you've made your point in a thoughtfull way. Very logical and well said. I don't think it will turn into a "Pageant" though. The blood, sweat and tears you speak of will be required for anyone in MPD who wants to win. Vanity alone will never cut it. Not in bodybuilding and not in MPD. Anyone whose been on stage knows Vanity is enough of a fuel to get you beach ready; it's nowhere near enough to sustain your discipline all the way to stage condition - be it bb or mpd.

I'm not trying to change your mind in any way but consider this. Nobody, no matter how opposed to the idea, beleives this new Division will do anything but increase attendance at events. It will also increase revenue. In all likelyhood, it will drive main-stream media attention as well - e.g., mens health, mens fitness etc.. The translation here is more exposure, of the positive stripe, accross the board. All ships rise when the tide comes in. If anything, it can only increase the stakes for the bodybuilding division; making it more competitive. I think it will cull the herd in the bb divisions and weed out the guys who have no business there, because I think that harms the sport as much as anything.

It could also improve the perception of Bodybuilding. People hear bodybuilding and automatically think we are bullies, mean guys, steroid abusers and generally unhealthy. If most people got to know the sport a little better they would realize that isn't further from the truth. Are there some Sh*t heads?Sure, just proportionate to any other walk of life.

As I said earlier, I plan on competing in this division. Am I crazy about everything about it? no. Like you, I esspecially don't like the Board Shorts. I've worked hard to develop my lower body. Most people who never competed in bodybuilding or heavy contact sports, don't understand what that takes! I beleive that even a MODEST increase in the cut on those shorts would weed out the guys who have no business modeling the 'ideal physique'.

Also, the posing could be a little more robust without diminishing the "Cover Look" to which the division aspires. Any over head pose, for example a take-off of a hands behind the head Ab pose, would further weed out unconditioned athletes. But, hey, like any new concept, system, idea etc. .... there are always bugs to work out. You have to start somewhere and implementing a new idea sometimes requires that less than perfect draconian approach; otherwise it becomes analysis paralysis.

Anyway, I respect people who disagree with me. I also respect bodybuilders because I've been there and now what that takes. We will all know soon what the outcome is.
    very very well said. Let me also restate I am not extremely "anti" this division. I am more along the lines of "huh...I just don't know yet".

I am on the side of liking it for all the reasons you mentioned. More mainstream interest and it seems less "harsh" than bodybuilding. As in, although I love the sport, I am aware 5'8", 220 pound shredded guys almost naked onstage seems a little taboo for most people. This division may help bridge that gap at least somewhat.

So although my first post may have come across like I am very against it I'm really not. I'm just not ready to make a firm decision (not that any decision I make means anything ).

So I guess let's just see how it goes and hopefully it does help bring in more money and fans to physique competitions. A pro bodybuilder I know is very against it and he gave me this example. Almost verbatum he said...

"I don't like the mpd or bikini because they are too far off a real physique competition like bbing, fitness, or figure. Bikini and mpd are just like a different thing, a different sport. It's almost like if MLB attendance was at an alltime low and they brought in two NFL teams to play before the baseball game. Sure it will increase the attendance because your playing a football game before the baseball game and people love football! But it's not really helping baseball."

That is certainly an extreme example but I get the root point he is trying to make...just as I get yours. That is why I think let's just see how it goes and then go from there.

Don't get the arguements against it mixed up though. There are people who don't compete at all around the internet bashing the physique division because they think it is "gay" or "manlet-ish" or whatever words people want to say. As I said before that is just crazy. Some of these guys have crazy awesome physiques like yourself! People bashing it for no reasons ruin the logical debate out there like the ones we are having here.

There was just a thread in the IFBB section something like "mens physique is so gay look at these homos". People that think like that are flaming idiots and I don't think they realize how developed some of these mpd guys bodies are.

I don't have anything against the competitors it's more the idea of the division I am just unsure of.
    Last edited by Flex500; 05-16-2011 at 05:49 AM.

Originally Posted by juliacheh View Post
    Bikini doesn't even compare to men's physique, not even close.
    I'm not sure which way you mean that but I know plenty of bikini girls who think they are on par with fitness and figure as far as working out and dieting to look that way.

Flex, I hear you man. Definitely good points and well articulated. I guess time will tell where it belongs. I would consider it more analogous to Figure vs. Female BB than Bikini vs. Female bb.

I really, really, really think that how the posing and attire are handled going forward will be the lynch-pin in determining its longevity. Because, I agree 1000%. If all we're going to do is strut out there, do a half turn, and then stand there looking pretty, this thing is going to go south pretty quick.

You could end up with guys pinning SEOs in there calves and delts, getting hair transplants, getting their teeth whitenend etc... That ain't "Physique" anymore.

Part of me, however blindly optimistic it may be, beleives it wont work like that. My vision for this is that it will turn into a showcase for what most Men aspire to as the "ideal Healthy Male Physique, while it's big brother (Bodybuilding) will showcase "Maximum Male Physical Developement".

Who knows but it's an interesting debate and concept; one in which I beleive the final analysis will show that we're all right and wrong to varying degrees.

Good stuff though. It's good when people talk about it rationally. My hope is that the powers that be in the Federations are listening and pay attention to what the concerns are.

oh yeah....1 more thing. The little boys calling it "gay" "man-letish" or whatever?? Someone really has to sit me down and explain this because maybe I'm just really stupid or something... How does having an event that will likely pack the venue with Women somehow equate to "gay"??? I just don't get it. Maybe I'm not seeing the forest through the trees or something?

juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Flex500 View Post
    I'm not sure which way you mean that but I know plenty of bikini girls who think they are on par with fitness and figure as far as working out and dieting to look that way.
    Maybe in NPC division. Also, bikini cannot be on par with fitness because fitness is acrobatics.

But I don't wanna really go into this.
    If bikini is legitimate, then men's physique is even more legit.

Maybe in NPC division. Also, bikini cannot be on par with fitness because fitness is acrobatics.

You know, the other thing too that people, in general, seem to over-look is this:

NPC: National Physique Committee.....it's not "National Bodybuilding Committee".

There's nothing wrong with having different presentations of Physiques. More the merrier.

Either way, people only need to call any show promoter and ask: "how would your P&L look if you were only doing bodybuilding and nothing else?"....

It seems to get worse every year. Got news for the purists out there. If they don't improve, and expand, the sport, I personally think bodybuilding shows at a local level will be conducted in peoples garages.

ironpump22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironpump22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironpump22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironpump22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironpump22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironpump22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironpump22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironpump22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironpump22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironpump22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ironpump22 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by loudz View Post

This is exactly my thoughts! Since I play sports at the competitive University Level Sept-April, such a division allows me to use my athletic strengths to my advantage. And I don't have to worry about gaining an additional 40 lbs of muscle which would severly hamper my agility and movement for my sport. I am now proud to say that I will be competing in the summer of 2012 due to the new addition!!! Super excited!
    Personal Trainer and WBFF Pro Classic Physique

***FOLLOW***
    IG @jonkassian

Offering Online Training, program design, and consultations
    ----->>kvfitn3ss@gmail.com<<------

Mention Misc and get discount

fair point...the problem with that is I don't think most really think bikini is legit outside of the people who compete in it.

also, to your first point I think fitness is in a whole other league compared to anything else for the women so I agree with you there.

ispankmidgets will become famous soon enough. (+50) ispankmidgets will become famous soon enough. (+50) ispankmidgets will become famous soon enough. (+50) ispankmidgets will become famous soon enough. (+50) ispankmidgets will become famous soon enough. (+50) ispankmidgets will become famous soon enough. (+50) ispankmidgets will become famous soon enough. (+50) ispankmidgets will become famous soon enough. (+50) ispankmidgets will become famous soon enough. (+50) ispankmidgets will become famous soon enough. (+50) ispankmidgets will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I like the new addition as I'd rather compete in it, but...

Originally Posted by sean061788 View Post

I have to agree. Why not just do this? It's basically the exact same thing, but with a different name.