Closed Thread
Page 328 of 336 FirstFirst ... 228 278 318 326 327 328 329 330 ... LastLast
Results 9,811 to 9,840 of 10051
    Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by cjmadscientist View Post
    couple of questions...
    I don't know what it is but I like a lot of this instrumental music until the djent rhythm parts kick in. Maybe it's because they're all doing it and even the drum parts sound the same. In the second video I'm enjoying it up to 0:40.

Plini. Intervals. Sithu Aye. Many more whose names escape me right now. David Maxim Micic is probably the most creative in that style but I guess when I hear that djent thing I start to tune out.

This is just a demo but right up to 0:28 I'm drawn in and then... it goes all djenty. Guess I'm out of touch.

cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Dominik View Post
    I don't know what it is but I like a lot of this instrumental music until the djent rhythm parts kick in. Maybe it's because they're all doing it and even the drum parts sound the same. In the second video I'm enjoying it up to 0:40.

Plini. Intervals. Sithu Aye. Many more whose names escape me right now. David Maxim Micic is probably the most creative in that style but I guess when I hear that djent thing I start to tune out.

This is just a demo but right up to 0:28 I'm drawn in and then... it goes all djenty. Guess I'm out of touch.

lol i JUST put a DD-3 on my board, and now this comes out

I'm cool with the Djenty stuff, I'm not a fan of the happy jazz style in the middle

that guy can play though, damn
    Always Pick Two Crew
    Eat it Like Groceries Crew
    Always Be Closing Crew
    member of <HTC>

lift heavy, drink bourbon, f**k often

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    lol i JUST put a DD-3 on my board, and now this comes out

I'm cool with the Djenty stuff, I'm not a fan of the happy jazz style in the middle

that guy can play though, damn
    Yeah he's a great player. Every name I mentioned is so I hope I didn't sound like I'm up on a high horse being critical. It's just a trend that will eventually pass and I'll be happy again.

I love the simplicity of those Boss pedals. There's also a new DD-3T with tap tempo.

I'm not a fan of the happy jazz style in the middle
    It's funny because he actually did a video on that recently. Boss probably told him "play some of that please."

SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Ye, Plini, Micic and Nick Johnston and are the best young players out there right now.. They all better pepper their angus cause Mateus Asato is releasing an album soon and anything that dude plays is mind knowingly good, he's got that magic touch that you can't really teach, you're just born with it and then you need thousands of hours of practice on top of that..

cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Yeah he's a great player. Every name I mentioned is so I hope I didn't sound like I'm up on a high horse being critical. It's just a trend that will eventually pass and I'll be happy again.

I love the simplicity of those Boss pedals. There's also a new DD-3T with tap tempo.

It's funny because he actually did a video on that recently. Boss probably told him "play some of that please."

`I think you were talking about boss pedals here a month or two back, and I decided to ditch my boutique delays and go with a set it/forget it delay....absolutely love it so far

the more I hear of this guy, the more I like his playing
    Always Pick Two Crew
    Always Be Closing Crew
    member of <HTC>

`I think you were talking about boss pedals here a month or two back, and I decided to ditch my boutique delays and go with a set it/forget it delay....absolutely love it so far
    Big fan of Bonamassa's tone and he uses one. Eric Johnson used the DD-2 which is practically the same thing only MIJ back in the 80s.

the more I hear of this guy, the more I like his playing
    He's awesome. I love short and sweet demos like this. Some players are fine with bursts of speed but then it gets shaky when they play slowly. He's got total command of it all. It's worth mentioning his strings are practically laying on the frets as in barely more than a mm. I can tell watching him play that his action is ridiculously low.

Big fan of Bonamassa's tone and he uses one. Eric Johnson used the DD-2 which is practically the same thing only MIJ back in the 80s.
    I've seen Bonamassa three times live (last one was the run for the "Black Rock" album), and his tone was one of the thickest and most ridiculous I've ever heard. It inspired me to get my Bonamassa Les Paul.

I'm not a huge fan of his more recent tone (fender twins), but for me, one of the greatest marshall tones ever is this right here

Always Pick Two Crew
    Always Be Closing Crew
    member of <HTC>

I've seen Bonamassa three times live (last one was the run for the "Black Rock" album), and his tone was one of the thickest and most ridiculous I've ever heard. It inspired me to get my Bonamassa Les Paul.

I'm not a huge fan of his more recent tone (fender twins), but for me, one of the greatest marshall tones ever is this right here
    Completely agree. Tone was at its peak with the 4 amps all wired into a switcher that could select two at the same time. Marshall Jubilee + Van Weelden + Category 5 + Carol-Ann. He took EJ's legendary 1988 Austin City Limits tone and somehow made it even better.

@ 8 mins...

Completely agree. Tone was at its peak with the 4 amps all wired into a switcher that could select two at the same time. Marshall Jubilee + Van Weelden + Category 5 + Carol-Ann. He took EJ's legendary 1988 Austin City Limits tone and somehow made it even better.

@ 8 mins...

I could listen to that all day

picking hand is off the charts tight
    Always Pick Two Crew
    Always Be Closing Crew
    member of <HTC>

I could listen to that all day

picking hand is off the charts tight
    Me too. He seems to get a lot of hate but when do you hear the guy hit a bum note? Picking, bending, vibrato — technique is flawless. Obviously knows how to dial in a great tone. Collects vintage gear but actually takes it out on the road so people can hear it played loud instead of locked in a vault. And he's figured out how to make a very good living from what he does.

The hate obviously comes from seeing someone living the dream.

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by VTheKing View Post
    fuk it, saw this gal for the right price on Ebay Canada and pulled the trigger - Gibson SG Goddess. Figured if I didn't like it I could easily break even. Has a thin and narrow neck so it's a lot easier to handle than the usual Gibson, but it's still has that "rounded" feel - just suited for a smaller hand. Which makes it not so great when not playing Hendrix-style but that's why the neck is smaller.

Looks pretty gaudy, can tell it was marketed towards women with the glitter on the pickups. Even has an ebony fretboard and the Gibson logo to match the body color, which are usually only reserved for Custom Shop models. Wraparound bridge and only two knobs though, maybe they thought women can't intonate or tone chase? lolz

It's so ugly that it's kinda cute. How does it play and sound?
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

Allied Allies Alliance VTheKing's Avatar
    VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    It's so ugly that it's kinda cute. How does it play and sound?
    Feels good actually, nice to have a Gibson that I can actually manhandle a bit lol. It has the usual 490/498 pickup set so doesn't sound any different than other modern SG's, except for the lack of two volume/tone knobs. I like the bizarre SG Standard/Custom/Daisy Rock aesthetic, only wish I managed to come across a blue one instead.

The price for the Goddess line is usually pretty ****ing retarded though, I was tracking classifieds/Reverb/Ebay for a long time before there was a reasonably priced one. I got this one with some playwear for $850 on Ebay. The previous two had sold for $2000 and $1700. The speculation on the LP version is even more retarded. Don't really care for its collectible value, just wanted a Gibson that actually fits my hands. To each their own!
    Go Canucks Go!

Mais notre monde érodé restera le même
    Et demain toi et moi serons partis

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by VTheKing View Post
    Feels good actually, nice to have a Gibson that makes me feel like a goddess

VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    ever since acquiring the guitar I've developed the urge to go to a Judas Priest concert
    Go Canucks Go!

MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

@ 8 mins...

Holy chit. You can just HEAR the air moving in that room. That dude is playing HEROICALLY loud and those amps singing.
    Smooth Seas don't make Strong Sailors. Keep your head up.

MrWhiskey24 for jolly cooperation (PS)

Looks like Strymon have hit a home run with this thing.

Even though you can load different IRs on it they've clearly designed it for someone that wants to just plug in and play without diving through menus. 3 amp models, 9 500ms stereo IRs,

I can see this appealing to someone who's been on the fence with modeling and has gone the pedalboard route but wants a simple solution to recording and playing at home or live without a real amp and cab.

I think the best feature is that room control.

Adjustable Room ******ce
    Iridium’s hybrid room reverb combines a 256 millisecond stereo impulse response with Strymon’s reverb tank algorithm for extended decay. This combination places your amp and cab in a natural sounding room (small, medium, or large), creating a space for your amp to open up and breathe.

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    While it's great to see all the 4 digit priced amps on here. Many of us can't afford those. I always liked the Jet City 22, but not enough gain. So I bought a used JC 22 Custom and drop shipped it to Mark at Rising force amplification. He modded the hell out of it. Now, I would put it against most any amp out there in a 'total gain' shootout. It's just ridiculous. The saturation switch loses a little volume, but that just means I move it from 1 to 2 on the volume knob. I listed the various mods he did. I told him to sacrifice the clean on the first channel for overall crunch and gain, then just get crazy on the OD channel. This is basically what he plays himself. Couldn't be happier. Any opportunity, I would get, to play out, would never be too big for this thing.Total cost (amp and mod) ~$500~ .. ..
    https://www.********.com/Rising-Forc...1761639128028/

lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

Originally Posted by ctgblue View Post
    While it's great to see all the 4 digit priced amps on here. Many of us can't afford those. I always liked the Jet City 22, but not enough gain. So I bought a used JC 22 Custom and drop shipped it to Mark at Rising force amplification. He modded the hell out of it. Now, I would put it against most any amp out there in a 'total gain' shootout. It's just ridiculous. The saturation switch loses a little volume, but that just means I move it from 1 to 2 on the volume knob. I listed the various mods he did. I told him to sacrifice the clean on the first channel for overall crunch and gain, then just get crazy on the OD channel. This is basically what he plays himself. Couldn't be happier. Any opportunity, I would get, to play out, would never be too big for this thing.Total cost (amp and mod) ~$500~ .. ..
    https://www.********.com/Rising-Forc...1761639128028/

I had a Jet City 50 watt head for a while, sounded fantastic but it really had to be turned up to get the goods (too loud for my condo)

looks like a great purchase, and I'm loving these lower wattage amps that are everywhere now
    Always Pick Two Crew
    Always Be Closing Crew
    member of <HTC>

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    I had a Jet City 50 watt head for a while, sounded fantastic but it really had to be turned up to get the goods (too loud for my condo)

looks like a great purchase, and I'm loving these lower wattage amps that are everywhere now
    I had the original 22 about 6 years ago. Great amp, just not enough gain for me at the time. Don't know why, it had tons.
    This one is actually the newer version that cleans up the crunch channel, not any more....
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

Originally Posted by ctgblue View Post
    just not enough gain for me at the time.
    Ever use a boost pedal for more gain?

The trick with high gain is cutting some low end (high pass filtering) going into the amp to tighten up the bottom end and shave off mud along with a few dB of boost and then putting an EQ in the loop and dialing that low end back in (resonance) after the preamp.

EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Love his tone, simple but glorious. I wish I could sing that well.

I think I might be buying some goodies for myself this Christmas. Maybe try these nanotube amps or something. I need to spice up my music room a bit more.
    EoR is powered by unique Nanomolecular Hyperdispersion Technology. Giving him high bioavailability and myocellular saturation.

Originally Posted by EoR View Post
    I think I might be buying some goodies for myself this Christmas. Maybe try these nanotube amps or something. I need to spice up my music room a bit more.
    What are you playing through at bedroom levels right now?

15 years old.

Fuk it I need to get a Fractal hat.

did I just watch a video of one 15 year old playing ALL the instruments?

that's enough internet for today, thank you very much

Always Pick Two Crew
    Always Be Closing Crew
    member of <HTC>

SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I ignore those videos of kids playing way better than me, shatters my confidence every time lol... I wanted to quit when I learned that Jason Becker wrote all those crazy songs as a teen.

it's OK guys Andy Summers only joined The Police when he was 35
    Go Canucks Go!

It's the Bannister Effect in full effect.

Before Youtube, social media, and popular forums if there was some gifted kid out there who could play all those parts and you didn't live in his town would you even know about it? Kids today from an early age find out what's possible.

And the crazy thing is because this stuff quickly goes viral it gets back to the band. Mike Portnoy responded to the first video he did. So he didn't have to wait long to be rewarded for his efforts either. It doesn't get any better than that.

https://www.cameo.com/v/5cdcba906242c50129cb13f0

12:45 Kiko reacts to him playing a Megadeth song.

EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What are you playing through at bedroom levels right now?
    Well you've seen my main set-up and I have a bunch of other heads/amps, draws full of normal/tube pedals and rack units collecting dust. What I am starting to hate is 1. Heavy things 2. Too many cords. There are a lot of awesome new light and less finicky gadgets that I have my eye on, very expensive to get to my city but I know some people.

The downside with rack units is the resale value, I mean most people want combos these days and don't want to mess with heavy rigs. I have back-ups of my tri-axi and rocktron, I try to not let them idle too much or circuits just eventually die when they are not getting in current consistently - well for me anyway. But to sell them would be almost giving them away. I had one person from a store quote me only $800 for a whole back up rig. I'd rather give it to someone I know or burn it then sell it for that price.

The other downside people don't like is you really have to read the manual and learn how to use each one. It's very time consuming too. In another life time I'd have loved to know how to maintain and fix them myself. I just don't have the patience or time now.
    EoR is powered by unique Nanomolecular Hyperdispersion Technology. Giving him high bioavailability and myocellular saturation.

Originally Posted by EoR View Post
    Well you've seen my main set-up and I have a bunch of other heads/amps, draws full of normal/tube pedals and rack units collecting dust. What I am starting to hate is 1. Heavy things 2. Too many cords. There are a lot of awesome new light and less finicky gadgets that I have my eye on, very expensive to get to my city but I know some people.
    1. Keep the Triaxis as your preamp.
    2. You need some kind of power amp and cabinet simulation device/software. Hotone Binary IR Cab is $199. I use the Two Notes CAB M.
    3. All you need now is an audio interface or mixer to take the output of 2 and run it into some monitors.

-OR- you could skip the first two and just plug into an audio interface (step 3) and explore the world of software amp sims.

I wouldn't do this for anyone but if you want an audio interface I have a Steinberg UR22 mk2 sitting in a box unused. $180. Your price: free. Give me a work address or PO if you don't trust your old interwebs buddy of 15 years with a residential address and I'll express post it to WA.

Cliffs: If I can help you in some way make music then count me in.

Bingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bingu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Guys I need help..

Guy on craigslist wants to trade his Marshal DSL100H for my MIM Standard Strat. Pics of both:

Am I getting a good deal? It is a 100 watt amp that would be played at bedroom levels (until I buy my own house lol) Should I make the trade and then resell it later on?

He wants to drive 2 hours to me to make the trade. He really wants a white strat and I have it.

My Strat

His Marshall DSL100H

Any help would be appreciated (and repped)
    To be a rock, and not to roll

Hey, I believe in God, man. I've seen him, I've felt his power. He plays drums for Led Zeppelin and his name is John Bonham, baby!

Closed Thread