Closed Thread
Page 148 of 336 FirstFirst ... 48 98 138 146 147 148 149 150 158 198 248 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,440 of 10051
    ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by PowerTricks View Post
    I wish I didn't need 8 hours but I crash hard in the afternoon if I don't. It would be nice if the western work culture allowed 10-15 minute naps.
    that's why I live 4 miles from work, lunch-nap-back to work
    just 15-20 of even just lying down helps
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks for the help!
    If life gives you AIDS, make lemonAIDS

ISSA Certified CFT

BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ctgblue View Post
    ^^^^^ it's that whole 8 hours sleep thing, I am lucky to get 6-7
    Pssh, 4-5 here...mainly because I can't put the guitar down. lol

Originally Posted by PowerTricks View Post
    I wish I didn't need 8 hours but I crash hard in the afternoon if I don't. It would be nice if the western work culture allowed 10-15 minute naps.
    You need a little help - be it coffee, energy drinks or a power nap on your lunch break. Remember, a power nap can't exceed 20 minutes or you begin slipping into REM sleep...and then you'll wake up more tired than before.

For a real kick, drink a cup of coffee before the power nap. By the time the caffeine begins to enter your system you've already got a charge from the nap. It's like hitting the ground running.

You can also try eating a good granola-based power bar every hour, with one of those dinky little ready-to-drink protein shakes like a Muscle Milk or Ensure a few times a day - I did this last year while working two full time jobs for a month and I didn't even need energy drinks. A steady supply of quality calories is ridiculously overlooked.
    The assassins of freedom tend the burning of truth.

Dr_Decay is just really nice. (+1000) Dr_Decay is just really nice. (+1000) Dr_Decay is just really nice. (+1000) Dr_Decay is just really nice. (+1000) Dr_Decay is just really nice. (+1000) Dr_Decay is just really nice. (+1000) Dr_Decay is just really nice. (+1000) Dr_Decay is just really nice. (+1000) Dr_Decay is just really nice. (+1000) Dr_Decay is just really nice. (+1000) Dr_Decay is just really nice. (+1000)
    Cool thread. I've taught myself chords/scales for about 8 months now. Seeing the first page though, I'm going back to the basics. Strong left hand workout! Are there other pages in this 100+pg thread with illustrated exercises?

freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Dr_Decay View Post
    Cool thread. I've taught myself chords/scales for about 8 months now. Seeing the first page though, I'm going back to the basics. Strong left hand workout! Are there other pages in this 100+pg thread with illustrated exercises?
    There are many pages of good stuff. It might take a while but keep skipping through the pages. I have tried to post a few "images" of illustrations in the past to make it easier vs typing it out. Many others have done the same.

SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    In been playing for a while now..
    Any jazz fusion brahs? Been trying to learn some Allan Holdsworth songs to get some of dat der phrasing skills.

PlsGtfo is just really nice. (+1000) PlsGtfo is just really nice. (+1000) PlsGtfo is just really nice. (+1000) PlsGtfo is just really nice. (+1000) PlsGtfo is just really nice. (+1000) PlsGtfo is just really nice. (+1000) PlsGtfo is just really nice. (+1000) PlsGtfo is just really nice. (+1000) PlsGtfo is just really nice. (+1000) PlsGtfo is just really nice. (+1000) PlsGtfo is just really nice. (+1000)
    In on this. Learning guitar crew.

SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Mirin my setup misc

Muscle memory is real.. Check this out

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126586333

Dr_Decay is just really nice. (+1000) Dr_Decay is just really nice. (+1000) Dr_Decay is just really nice. (+1000) Dr_Decay is just really nice. (+1000) Dr_Decay is just really nice. (+1000) Dr_Decay is just really nice. (+1000) Dr_Decay is just really nice. (+1000) Dr_Decay is just really nice. (+1000) Dr_Decay is just really nice. (+1000) Dr_Decay is just really nice. (+1000) Dr_Decay is just really nice. (+1000)
    skills > money

show us what you really got.

PlsGtfo is just really nice. (+1000) PlsGtfo is just really nice. (+1000) PlsGtfo is just really nice. (+1000) PlsGtfo is just really nice. (+1000) PlsGtfo is just really nice. (+1000) PlsGtfo is just really nice. (+1000) PlsGtfo is just really nice. (+1000) PlsGtfo is just really nice. (+1000) PlsGtfo is just really nice. (+1000) PlsGtfo is just really nice. (+1000) PlsGtfo is just really nice. (+1000)
    How do you practice with a metronome?

SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by SlimmJimm View Post
    Mirin my setup misc

dat Mesa Boogie, mirin so hard man, doesn't even matter if you have skills or not have my reps.

BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by PlsGtfo View Post
    How do you practice with a metronome?
    You use it to keep your playing on track - it sets the beat (or click) and it's your job to stay in time with it. It irons out sloppiness wrinkles and improves hand coordination and pick-hand articulation.

Of course, you can accomplish the same thing with a basic drum machine, too...but I digress.

Your goal with a metronome is playing a set number of notes within the space of a click. For example, if you set the metronome to 120bpm and play four notes per click, you're playing 16th notes - a rock/shred staple. Conversely, you can also just play three notes per click and achieve a triplet feel. If you played eight notes within the space of that click, you'd be burning it up with 32nd notes. If you want things to get interesting, you can alternate the number of notes you play from click to click, accent different notes or any other wacky thing that tickles your fancy.

That's the basic gist of it, really. Different metronomes might have settings for odd time sigs, unusual accents and things, something else to keep in mind.
    The assassins of freedom tend the burning of truth.

freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BobDaNob View Post
    You use it to keep your playing on track - it sets the beat (or click) and it's your job to stay in time with it. It irons out sloppiness wrinkles and improves hand coordination and pick-hand articulation.

Of course, you can accomplish the same thing with a basic drum machine, too...but I digress.

Your goal with a metronome is playing a set number of notes within the space of a click. For example, if you set the metronome to 120bpm and play four notes per click, you're playing 16th notes - a rock/shred staple. Conversely, you can also just play three notes per click and achieve a triplet feel. If you played eight notes within the space of that click, you'd be burning it up with 32nd notes. If you want things to get interesting, you can alternate the number of notes you play from click to click, accent different notes or any other wacky thing that tickles your fancy.

That's the basic gist of it, really. Different metronomes might have settings for odd time sigs, unusual accents and things, something else to keep in mind.
    Yup. I've found over the years if people can just find anything that will keep basic time it goes a LONG ways to helping everyone, even the drummer. It is very hard to fight speeding up when a song starts to build as many get speed confused with dynamics. Plus I think its important to do the basics of strumming to a metronome as well. A strong rhythm player really holds down the foundation of a song.

flanker34 is just really nice. (+1000) flanker34 is just really nice. (+1000) flanker34 is just really nice. (+1000) flanker34 is just really nice. (+1000) flanker34 is just really nice. (+1000) flanker34 is just really nice. (+1000) flanker34 is just really nice. (+1000) flanker34 is just really nice. (+1000) flanker34 is just really nice. (+1000) flanker34 is just really nice. (+1000) flanker34 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Glad I ventured out of general misc, I picked up my strat for the first time in 2 years and I can't believe I ever put this down. Feels good misc brahs. Anyone recommend any decent finger/picking warm ups? I've got a few I've been using since I was 11 but I'd like to see what you guys got.

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by freewait View Post
    Yup. I've found over the years if people can just find anything that will keep basic time it goes a LONG ways to helping everyone, even the drummer. It is very hard to fight speeding up when a song starts to build as many get speed confused with dynamics. Plus I think its important to do the basics of strumming to a metronome as well. A strong rhythm player really holds down the foundation of a song.
    That little Cube RX I had was perfect for that, built in simple drum machine with various rhythms. Helped a lot. My daughters friend turned the speed way up while at the beach and asked if I could play that fast, fortunately I could
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.

Originally Posted by ctgblue View Post
    That little Cube RX I had was perfect for that, built in simple drum machine with various rhythms. Helped a lot. My daughters friend turned the speed way up while at the beach and asked if I could play that fast, fortunately I could
    I had an old keyboard that I used for the same thing and I would record myself over and over. Be surprised how many little problems you'll hear sometimes. Now days I use a small Tascam handheld and let my computer be the drum machine.

Originally Posted by freewait View Post
    I had an old keyboard that I used for the same thing and I would record myself over and over. Be surprised how many little problems you'll hear sometimes. Now days I use a small Tascam handheld and let my computer be the drum machine.
    I'm looking at a Zoom Q3 for recording demos, etc.. as the digicam makes everything come out brittle sounding
    but they record in mov format which is hell to edit without that particular software, I like to use windows moviemaker and it won't work with mov, so I have to change it in adobe elements, which jacks the file size up 10x, then import it to moviemakes, which compresses it back down, and I'm left with crappy video
    the digicam records in AVI

(grabbed one anyway, like new customer return for $90)
    Last edited by ctgblue; 01-10-2013 at 10:25 AM.
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Brahs I got a question. I've never really owned an amp in all my years of playing, always used usb interfaces and virtual effects and I think I managed to create some pretty good tones. But is getting a good amp worth it if you don't play live? I'm basically just a youtube guitarist, haven't uploaded in a while but gonna start regularly putting videos.
    I have like 300 quid, which isn't enough for a good amp so I don't know mayne.

An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Don't bother imo. You don't need it.

**** you F chord.

_zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Well I got "smoke on the water down" and the national anthem...now what?
    ★★★ A State of Trance Crew ★★★
    ♞♞♞ Misc Horse Head Crew ♞♞♞

An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by _zman View Post
    Well I got "smoke on the water down" and the national anthem...now what?
    Sounds like you're about ready to tackle some Yngwie

Originally Posted by An hero View Post
    That's not a bad suggestion.
    If you're a beginner take Malmsteen songs and slow them down by like 50-70%, learn it slow and gradually move the tempo up. Those Yngwie harmonic minor runs are amazing practice for alternative/economy picking and sweeping.

_zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by An hero View Post
    Alright, not ware of him/them though.

Originally Posted by SwimToTheMoon View Post
    That's not a bad suggestion.
    If you're a beginner take Malmsteen songs and slow them down by like 50-70%, learn it slow and gradually move the tempo up. Those Yngwie harmonic minor runs are amazing practice for alternative/economy picking and sweeping.
    Sounds good, is there some tabs online? I'll do a search on my tab ap tonight.

Originally Posted by _zman View Post
    Alright, not ware of him/them though.

Sounds good, is there some tabs online? I'll do a search on my tab ap tonight.
    Get Guitar Pro man, good tool for writing (not the best) but one of the best for learning, you can slow down the songs as you like, edit, change instruments etc.

Torrent it, install it and then use Ultimate Guitar to find gp tabs

Like this one for example http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/y/yn...guitar_pro.htm

Make sure you have the correct technique down first, when I started playing I had no idea about correct hand positioning and used to anchor my hand a lot which kind of slowed me down a bit.

Originally Posted by SwimToTheMoon View Post
    Get Guitar Pro man, good tool for writing (not the best) but one of the best for learning, you can slow down the songs as you like, edit, change instruments etc.

Torrent it, install it and then use Ultimate Guitar to find gp tabs

Like this one for example http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/y/yn...guitar_pro.htm

Make sure you have the correct technique down first, when I started playing I had no idea about correct hand positioning and used to anchor my hand a lot which kind of slowed me down a bit.
    Cool, thanks. I'll rep you guys on recharge.

M.Pontting is a jewel in the rough. (+500) M.Pontting is a jewel in the rough. (+500) M.Pontting is a jewel in the rough. (+500) M.Pontting is a jewel in the rough. (+500) M.Pontting is a jewel in the rough. (+500) M.Pontting is a jewel in the rough. (+500) M.Pontting is a jewel in the rough. (+500) M.Pontting is a jewel in the rough. (+500) M.Pontting is a jewel in the rough. (+500) M.Pontting is a jewel in the rough. (+500) M.Pontting is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Advice for someone who never played the guitar before? I've been reading through this thread but still could use help.

I'm left handed, so should I invest in a left handed guitar straight away or will a standard learning guitar do?

Any recommendations on the type of guitar to buy?

Buy a lefty. It's not like they're hard to find.

The type of guitar you should get depends on what kind of music you want to play and what feels good and works for you in your hands. Totally up to you

ShieldHeart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShieldHeart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShieldHeart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShieldHeart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShieldHeart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShieldHeart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShieldHeart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShieldHeart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShieldHeart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShieldHeart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShieldHeart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had lessons for years, but i stopped and got to a point where I didn't need them, but here is a books I'd strongly Recommend: Troy Stetina, Speed mechanics for lead guitar.
    Life is like a box of chocolates, it doesn't last long for fat people.

Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Misc, help me get started. I've been in a slump and I need something to make me feel alive basically, a new hobby, something to fill my time. I have always wanted to play guitar but it is so expensive and daunting. When my tax return comes in I want to buy the whole setup, guitar, amp, pedals, whatever I need. I basically have no knowledge at all. All I know is that I want it to sound like Jimmy Page, very bluesy but also very heavy rock.

What should I look for when purchasing everything? Does the actual guitar make much of a difference? What gives each genre/guitar their distinctive sound?

I want a Les Paul because it looks so fuarkin aesthetic.

Closed Thread
Page 148 of 336 FirstFirst ... 48 98 138 146 147 148 149 150 158 198 248 ... LastLast