Closed Thread
Page 101 of 336 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,030 of 10051
    AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    seems pretty diverse to me.......

yea those sound identical.....and same kinda techniques also..... /sarcasm

anyway can we just say......they can sound similar SOMETIMES.....and might appeal mostly to guitarists..

candyrat guys I mean...

they won't really appeal to mainstream....... agreed? we can't ruin this thread lol.....no hate towards you at all......Im just a guitarist who loves fingerstyle guitar so Im very biased. I see what your saying and I agree only to that point that it won't appeal to most people.
    Last edited by AntoineDufour; 05-17-2010 at 09:25 PM.

An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You know who's really diverse? Angus Young

The Andy McKee album I have is a perfectly fine album, but I can never listen to it for long. Funny how you can listen to a fingerstyle guitarist like Bert Jansch and his album is not repetitive at all despite being way technically inferior to Andy McKee

AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    welll i agree with you on mckee... he is good but I don't listen too him much. I don't like his stuff besides his popular songs..aka hit songs... Ewan Dobson and Antoine Dufour though I like their whole album[s].

So I agree with you on Mckee......he can be repetitive AT TIMES... lol but he is still a very good guitarist... I would rather see some 1 like Tommy Emmanuel over Mckee anyday btw... mckee performances seem boring......

An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Tommy Emmanuel is also amazing. And I don't think McKee is bad at all, I just think the creaming that is done over his playing is a little unfounded

vin_nz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vin_nz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vin_nz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vin_nz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vin_nz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vin_nz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vin_nz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vin_nz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vin_nz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vin_nz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vin_nz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by An hero View Post
    Tommy Emmanuel is also amazing. And I don't think McKee is bad at all, I just think the creaming that is done over his playing is a little unfounded
    Nice post about page on the last page (lol?)

Gotta respect a guy who can do justice to that many different styles and be original in them. With that being said, there's nothing wrong with being a master of a single genre. In fact, I prefer to listen to guys like Jimmie Vaughan/Junior Watson.. they have it all down, any kind of blues, they can play it. crazy.

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Okay, I'll say this one last time.

This thread is for SHARING TIPS ON HOW TO BE A BETTER PLAYER.

This is NOT the place to bash players or tastes in music, grow the hell up, are you twelve.

If you don't like them, don't buy their CD's, but STFU for Christ's sake.

Next people bashing players get negged and banned.
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

agreed and I appologize.......won't happen again
    anyway for people not aware of Peterri Sariola check it out....also check distorted love and some of his other stuff

trust me it is not easy to slam like he does......from experience lol....

..then I rocked the joint nail3r's Avatar
    nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ctgblue View Post
    Okay, I'll say this one last time.

This thread is for SHARING TIPS ON HOW TO BE A BETTER PLAYER.

This is NOT the place to bash players or tastes in music, grow the hell up, are you twelve.

If you don't like them, don't buy their CD's, but STFU for Christ's sake.

Next people bashing players get negged and banned.
    Who said this thread is strictly for learning? The thread says talk-share-fun.
    Sixteen year veteran of the misc, back after a 10-year hiatus.

Slashed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slashed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slashed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slashed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slashed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slashed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slashed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slashed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slashed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slashed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slashed will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Went to an acoustic gig the other night, this guy blew me away.
    Pine Forastiere

Jon Gomm, he also played and his blues soloing on acoustic was awesome i thought

And also Stuart Ryan, who is also my guitar tutor. He does an awesome version of the flintstones, but the video is not working. So this for the meantime

Wow. This thread is going along fine without a dictator. This thread is not longer the "Guitar LEARNING megathread" it's just the "GUITAR megathread" and we are discussing what makes a good guitar player

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by nail3r View Post
    Who said this thread is strictly for learning? The thread says talk-share-fun.
    and throughout the thread there has been warnings about being negative a-holes.
    We've IP banned someone for doing it repeatedly.

Talking about what makes a good player is fine, just stating that xxxxx SUCKS is NOT, just like the rest of the music section

I stuck this thread so people could share tips and have fun, not throw around negativity

Guitar Megathread - learn-share-talk-lessons-tips-fun
    FUN while talking about playing and tips and helping others, not fun because you like ragging on people, regardless of who it is.
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.

mullyman is just really nice. (+1000) mullyman is just really nice. (+1000) mullyman is just really nice. (+1000) mullyman is just really nice. (+1000) mullyman is just really nice. (+1000) mullyman is just really nice. (+1000) mullyman is just really nice. (+1000) mullyman is just really nice. (+1000) mullyman is just really nice. (+1000) mullyman is just really nice. (+1000) mullyman is just really nice. (+1000)
    and throughout the thread there has been warnings about being negative a-holes.
    We've IP banned someone for doing it repeatedly.

Talking about what makes a good player is fine, just stating that xxxxx SUCKS is NOT, just like the rest of the music section

I stuck this thread so people could share tips and have fun, not throw around negativity

Guitar Megathread - learn-share-talk-lessons-tips-fun
    FUN while talking about playing and tips and helping others, not fun because you like ragging on people, regardless of who it is.
    Amen!
    MULLY
    " If you want to experience a drastic change in an area of your life, then you have to commit to doing something drastic."

QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000) QT is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Probably a repost but anyways. Check this guy out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPcL5kTHX-w

floods will become famous soon enough. (+50) floods will become famous soon enough. (+50) floods will become famous soon enough. (+50) floods will become famous soon enough. (+50) floods will become famous soon enough. (+50) floods will become famous soon enough. (+50) floods will become famous soon enough. (+50) floods will become famous soon enough. (+50) floods will become famous soon enough. (+50) floods will become famous soon enough. (+50) floods will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    One of the easiest to learn, but emotional guitar instrumentals ever

Great movie too.

The riff is based on Pink Floyd's 'Time'
    Never seen a man beat the snake before...

After viewing some of the Andy McKee videos, I stated listening to the CD more, very good stuff, a little mellow for me, but my wife says I "need a little more mellow"
    Just the fact that most of the songs are just one guy on one guitar is impressive
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000)
    After viewing some of the Andy McKee videos, I stated listening to the CD more, very good stuff, a little mellow for me, but my wife says I "need a little more mellow"
    Just the fact that most of the songs are just one guy on one guitar is impressive
    He is a great player, not one I can listen to all the time though (besides the point). Have you heard his cover of Africa (Toto)? It's amazing.

Damn metal heads need to mellow out from time to time
    Ball-Worthy [bawl-wur-thee]
    -adjective

1) Something so epic you would sacrifice a testicle to get your hands on it:

-nano's journal is ball-worthy;
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117646471

-nano's guitar
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124088321

Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chowboy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Damn son, if you can still here your wife, that amp ain't loud enough!!
    * Trad Archery Crew

If you allow the Govt to break the law because of an emergency, they will always create an emergency to break the law

Originally Posted by Chowboy View Post
    Damn son, if you can still here your wife, that amp ain't loud enough!!
    What's funny is she complains about the McKee album
    "It's guitar elevator music, sounds like I'm in a dentists chair."

Might as well keep the shred going
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

PhrygianLydian is just really nice. (+1000) PhrygianLydian is just really nice. (+1000) PhrygianLydian is just really nice. (+1000) PhrygianLydian is just really nice. (+1000) PhrygianLydian is just really nice. (+1000) PhrygianLydian is just really nice. (+1000) PhrygianLydian is just really nice. (+1000) PhrygianLydian is just really nice. (+1000) PhrygianLydian is just really nice. (+1000) PhrygianLydian is just really nice. (+1000) PhrygianLydian is just really nice. (+1000)
    Some pop/slap/tap/whatever acoustic players I prefer to Andy McKee

nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000) nano.ix is a name known to all. (+5000)
    First one sound a lot like John Butler Trio.
    -adjective

-nano's guitar

PhrygianLydian is just really nice. (+1000) PhrygianLydian is just really nice. (+1000) PhrygianLydian is just really nice. (+1000) PhrygianLydian is just really nice. (+1000) PhrygianLydian is just really nice. (+1000) PhrygianLydian is just really nice. (+1000) PhrygianLydian is just really nice. (+1000) PhrygianLydian is just really nice. (+1000) PhrygianLydian is just really nice. (+1000) PhrygianLydian is just really nice. (+1000) PhrygianLydian is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by nano.ix View Post
    First one sound a lot like John Butler Trio.
    I've posted this like 3 times already, but I <3 it

anonymous
    Originally Posted by PhrygianLydian View Post
    I've posted this like 3 times already, but I <3 it

such a beautiful song

well here is one of my many songs I composed. I been playing about 10 years.. had almost no real lessons... just lots of playing... [some talent?] and watching the many amazing candyrat artists like Antoine. No I am not antoine... lol just a guy who loves guitar.. I recorded with soundrecorder... quality is good . anyone who doesn't think it's me Ill be happy to record and say something like BB.COM while playing . If you guys like it Ill record some of my other stuff.

http://rapidshare.com/files/39933113...sbest.wma.html

bump with some igor

bump.....will at least 1 person comment on my music lol..... even if its negative.. i can take the feedback

Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Advice on covering song

I want to cover the attached song (guitar pro file in zip). There are four important parts and one of them is tricky to play with a pick.

|--14--19--17--|
    |---------------|
    |--16--19--18--|
    |---------------|
    |---------------|
    |---------------|
    Ninth measure of the second part.

Is there a way to play this or can I alter it some how to make it playable with a pick?

I could just play the flute part on guitar and use the other parts as a backing track or cover all four parts with my guitar.

What is your opinion of covering multiple parts of a song? Would it be worth the extra work?
    Attached Files

Originally Posted by Heavy_Beats View Post
    I want to cover the attached song (guitar pro file in zip). There are four important parts and one of them is tricky to play with a pick.

|--14--19--17--|
    |---------------|
    |--16--19--18--|
    |---------------|
    |---------------|
    |---------------|
    Ninth measure of the second part.

Is there a way to play this or can I alter it some how to make it playable with a pick?

I could just play the flute part on guitar and use the other parts as a backing track or cover all four parts with my guitar.

What is your opinion of covering multiple parts of a song? Would it be worth the extra work?
    Mute the string between with one of your fingers, hell in that position you almost do it by accident anyway
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Mute the string between with one of your fingers, hell in that position you almost do it by accident anyway
    Much easier to hybrid pick in my opinion. Pick the lower note with the pick like normal, and at the same time pick the note on the high E with your middle finger.

Noctis1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noctis1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noctis1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noctis1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noctis1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noctis1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noctis1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noctis1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noctis1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noctis1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Noctis1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wow, just discovered this thread, not sure how I missed it. Sup brahs, any classical players here? As in Barrios, Bach, Albeniz etc...
    nbhd

Originally Posted by AntoineDufour View Post
    bump with some igor

I enjoy a lot of his stuff. Beat it was great
    -adjective

-nano's guitar

Closed Thread