Closed Thread
Page 202 of 336 FirstFirst ... 102 152 192 200 201 202 203 204 212 252 302 ... LastLast
Results 6,031 to 6,060 of 10051
    Konop88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Konop88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Konop88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Konop88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Konop88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Konop88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Konop88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Konop88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Konop88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Konop88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Konop88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    a friend of mine is a weightlifter and he used to play the guitar as a teenager. now he has trouble with his hands remembering everything, they are not very deft. does anybody here have similar problems? or is it just the matter of time and practice and the skill will come back sooner or later?

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Yes, it's muscle memory, like anything else. If he hasn't played in a while, why would he think he could just 'pick it up' and resume as before. When I don't play much, which is my home life, it takes me hours of playing on the road to get my chops back. When I get back home, I can shred again. Then I don't play, for weeks at a time, and I am back to starting over.
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

Uncreative1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Uncreative1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Uncreative1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Uncreative1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Uncreative1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Uncreative1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Uncreative1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Uncreative1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Uncreative1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Uncreative1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Uncreative1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    My band, Sequoyah, released this video Tuesday. It was cold as fuark when we shot, single digit weather, and at an altitude around 10,000 feet and windy. It was a pretty miserable time, but turned out alright. If you dig it, please like the ******** page:

www.********.com/SequoyahSounds

Album is available on iTunes, Spotify, Pandora, Amazon, etc. We also have physical albums for sale now too.
    iTunes: https://itun.es/us/ySn_fb
    Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/6YLZT9OBpvcu86pagP0dm6

Konop88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Konop88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Konop88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Konop88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Konop88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Konop88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Konop88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Konop88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Konop88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Konop88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Konop88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey Sequoyah, love the sound and the scenery. hope there will come more of it

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    GOAT gear demo.

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Dominik View Post
    GOAT gear demo.

[youtube]UJGYQHZ21Yg

Wow, that sold me......... on getting something else/......
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.

Bobgnarley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bobgnarley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bobgnarley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bobgnarley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bobgnarley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bobgnarley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bobgnarley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bobgnarley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bobgnarley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bobgnarley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bobgnarley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This thread has motivated me to pick up the guitar again. It's been about 15+ years since I've picked one up. Anyways, I'd love some of your guys opinion on this guitar or suggestions on something better.

Breedlove Discovery Concert CE 6-String Mahogany Acoustic-Electric Guitar Natural

Last edited by Bobgnarley; 04-26-2017 at 10:17 AM.
    ϟ CHARGERS CREW ϟ
    RON PAUL 2012
    Φ United Oliver Frat Φ

Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Bobgnarley View Post
    This thread has motivated me to pick up the guitar again. It's been about 15+ years since I've picked one up. Anyways, I'd love some of your guys opinion on this guitar or suggestions on something better. Breedlove Discovery Concert CE 6-String Mahogany Acoustic-Electric Guitar Natural
    I'm out of the loop as far as what to suggest to those getting back into playing.
    Although, I was curious and found this review: http://www.acousticmagazine.com/revi...oncert-ce-399/
    Of course, there are pages of reviews out there.

Review seemed objective enough to me.
    At the price point (<500$) it seems it's a pretty solidly built axe.
    Personally, I would not buy a guitar without having it in my hands to fully scrutinize for fit, action and how it actually sounds.
    A bit of food for thought, I would listen for the possibility of too much 'tinnyness' in the highs with axes in this price range.....make sure you're happy!

So....looks like this may be a good buy for you at this juncture.
    Hope that helps....keep us informed.....good luck.
    Last edited by Wayne Evans; 04-26-2017 at 11:04 AM.
    USMC: 1965-1969
    Original music:
    https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandID=897733
    https://soundcloud.com/chulaivet1966
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/chulaivet/videos

Just an old guy trying to keep up his rhythm chops.
    "One persons perception of good music can be another persons definition of noise"

iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Since we're talking gear, anyone have experience with nylon string hybrids? I'm looking for something that's a little less harsh on my nails but a little more versatile than a concert classical.
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***
    It is the power of the mind to be unconquerable

Bobgnarley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bobgnarley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bobgnarley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bobgnarley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bobgnarley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bobgnarley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bobgnarley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bobgnarley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bobgnarley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bobgnarley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bobgnarley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Wayne Evans View Post
    I'm out of the loop as far as what to suggest to those getting back into playing.
    Although, I was curious and found this review: http://www.acousticmagazine.com/revi...oncert-ce-399/
    Of course, there are pages of reviews out there.

Review seemed objective enough to me.
    At the price point (<500$) it seems it's a pretty solidly built axe.
    Personally, I would not buy a guitar without having it in my hands to fully scrutinize for fit, action and how it actually sounds.
    A bit of food for thought, I would listen for the possibility of too much 'tinnyness' in the highs with axes in this price range.....make sure you're happy!

So....looks like this may be a good buy for you at this juncture.
    Hope that helps....keep us informed.....good luck.
    Thanks! That article helped out a lot in making my decision. I'll be going to a guitar center later on this week to check it out.
    ϟ CHARGERS CREW ϟ
    RON PAUL 2012
    Φ United Oliver Frat Φ

tpoeatvon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpoeatvon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpoeatvon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpoeatvon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpoeatvon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpoeatvon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpoeatvon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpoeatvon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpoeatvon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpoeatvon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpoeatvon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hey everyone! Great thread, I didn't even notice this was here until today lol.
    Got a question for yall. Just recently purchased a second hand Ibanez Rg7620 ('99). I've ordered a set of nazgul/sentients to chuck on for death metal. The original pickups aren't bad at all though. I've never changed pickups before but I have another Indonesian made Ibanez 7 string I wouldn't mind putting these in. Just wondering what you guys think? Is it worth the effort of chucking these in the other ibby considering their age? Thanks
    Bench: 330
    Squat: 533
    Deadlift: 551
    Best Total: 1366

This too shall pass.

DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just decided to get back into playing this week and glad I found this thread! Unfortunately I have to wait a few weeks to start playing as my girlfriend is giving me her old guitar and amp but it's at her mom's house and she won't be there til then. Unless I find an amazing deal before then lol. Thanks for all the great info!

iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DJake View Post
    Just decided to get back into playing this week and glad I found this thread! Unfortunately I have to wait a few weeks to start playing as my girlfriend is giving me her old guitar and amp but it's at her mom's house and she won't be there til then. Unless I find an amazing deal before then lol. Thanks for all the great info!
    Never to early to start training hand strength
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***
    It is the power of the mind to be unconquerable

Uncreative1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Uncreative1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Uncreative1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Uncreative1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Uncreative1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Uncreative1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Uncreative1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Uncreative1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Uncreative1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Uncreative1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Uncreative1234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by tpoeatvon View Post
    Hey everyone! Great thread, I didn't even notice this was here until today lol.
    Got a question for yall. Just recently purchased a second hand Ibanez Rg7620 ('99). I've ordered a set of nazgul/sentients to chuck on for death metal. The original pickups aren't bad at all though. I've never changed pickups before but I have another Indonesian made Ibanez 7 string I wouldn't mind putting these in. Just wondering what you guys think? Is it worth the effort of chucking these in the other ibby considering their age? Thanks
    The Sentient/Nazgul combo is garbage. I had them on a Strandberg I use to own and it was easily the worst sounding high-end guitar I've ever owned. Zero clarity, completely muffled. It completely turned me off Strandberg's and Seymour Duncan for the rest of my life. I even talked to Ola at Strandberg about it and he said they were going to stop offering Sentient/Nazgul/Pegasus as an pickup options due to how many complaints they've had. They were the most over-hyped pickups ever and now I never see anyone talk about them for the reasons I've already mentioned. I'd honestly send them back when you get them and get Bareknuckle Juggernauts for pretty much the same price. Infinitely better. The Fishman Fluence pickups I have in my Ibanez RG in that video are *the best* I have ever owned. Can't say enough good things about them.
    iTunes: https://itun.es/us/ySn_fb
    Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/6YLZT9OBpvcu86pagP0dm6

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Ever since I moved up a gauge to 11s I've steamrolled my weak sauce nickel frets to the point where they look like railroad ties. Action has been jacked up into SRV territory just so I can keep playing.

I can either stop bending the crap out of the strings or go stainless.

Checked around and a full SS refret job is $500+ here so I decided to buy the fretwire and tools and do the job myself. Will document the process here once everything arrives.

yg7s7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yg7s7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yg7s7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yg7s7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yg7s7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yg7s7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yg7s7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yg7s7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yg7s7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yg7s7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yg7s7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    my favorite song by Buckethead is "Final Wars"

Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks! That article helped out a lot in making my decision. I'll be going to a guitar center later on this week to check it out.
    Great....hope you find "the one" that meets all your expectations.
    Look forward to an update.

Back to topic....
    Original music:

"One persons perception of good music can be another persons definition of noise"

Checked around and a full SS refret job is $500+ here so I decided to buy the fretwire and tools and do the job myself. Will document the process here once everything arrives.
    I don't think I'd have the gumption to take on that project myself.
    I just know I'd miss some intricacy with the process and and regret not having it done professionally.

I do hope the re-fretting process goes well so do keep us updated on progress and what you've learned.

Back to it....
    Original music:

I don't think I'd have the gumption to take on that project myself.
    I just know I'd miss some intricacy with the process and and regret not having it done professionally.
    Completely understand why most wouldn't want to do it. With a vintage guitar or bound fingerboard I'd probably hand it over to someone qualified but this job seems straightforward.

There are some great tools today for bending fretwire to the correct radius and pressing frets in. The main step is pulling all the old frets without chipping, heating them just enough and not yanking them out. Once that's out of the way I know I can take as long as I want with files dressing the new frets to make them perfect. Anything would be better than what I have right now.

Anything would be better than what I have right now.
    Ha....yes....I saw that image you posted of the current frets.
    They looked more like railroad ties than frets.

Keep us informed.....probably many others (myself included) can learn from your experience.

Back to it......

EDIT: The two axes in my avatar: 1977 Ibanez Tele Silver Series (purchased 1979) and 1973 Guild D40 (purchased 1978) Sunburst acoustic. I'd never have the courage to try a re-fret on either of them.
    Last edited by Wayne Evans; 04-29-2017 at 08:50 AM.
    Original music:

veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Played with a Taylor 914ce....holy crap a $6,000 guitar has some quality feel to it.
    August 2023:
    BW: 194
    B: 315 x 3, 225 x 14 (PR: 335)
    S: 315 x 2, 225 x 18 (PR's)
    DL: 405 x 1 (PR); Trap Bar DL: 405 x 1
    OHP: 185 x 3 (PR), 135 x 16
    Chins: 22(PR) Pushups: 83 (PR: 101)
    1 Mile: 6:45 (PR: 5:52)

Originally Posted by veggie530 View Post
    Played with a Taylor 914ce....holy crap a $6,000 guitar has some quality feel to it.
    Hard to believe guitars cut on a CNC can cost that much.

Then again when you've got lawyers and doctors lusting for all this gear these companies can charge whatever they want.

Bit of a rant but I feel sorry for anyone getting into music who thinks they need to drop a lot of cash to get decent gear. Some of the greatest records were made with cheap sh*t.

US made EVH Wolfgangs retail north of $5K and his signature amps over $3K. The guitars Ed played on early VH records were put together from cheap parts and he used a '68 Marshall which would have cost him peanuts at the time.

Satriani recorded Surfing With the Alien with a cheap ass Kramer Pacer he couldn't keep in tune and whatever amps were in the studio. Most of his tone came from a $50 Boss DS-1 going into a clean channel. Fast forward 20 years and Ibanez were selling $8000 replicas of his "Black Dog" Ibanez which was just a prototype JS he scribbled on.

Cliffs: you don't need to spend a lot of money on gear when there's a good chance your musical heroes didn't.

veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Cliffs: you don't need to spend a lot of money on gear when there's a good chance your musical heroes didn't.
    Agreed. TBH I couldn't tell the difference between a $2k taylor and a $5k taylor. I personally have a martin dx1
    August 2023:
    BW: 194
    B: 315 x 3, 225 x 14 (PR: 335)
    S: 315 x 2, 225 x 18 (PR's)
    DL: 405 x 1 (PR); Trap Bar DL: 405 x 1
    OHP: 185 x 3 (PR), 135 x 16
    Chins: 22(PR) Pushups: 83 (PR: 101)
    1 Mile: 6:45 (PR: 5:52)

BuddyBoyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuddyBoyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuddyBoyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuddyBoyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuddyBoyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuddyBoyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuddyBoyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuddyBoyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuddyBoyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuddyBoyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuddyBoyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Is this normal?

When I plant my fingers down on a chord classical style and pick the notes individually they are fine, however, lets say I lean one of my fingers to theever so slightly towards the headstock whilst still keeping the finger perpendicular to the fretboard, the note will go completely sour when i pick it.

I'm asking because for a certain chord I have to move my finger around, and I have to force the other finger to stay completely fixed in position.
    Last edited by BuddyBoyo; 04-30-2017 at 10:37 AM.

I was headed to Guitar Center and as I was getting gas I saw this little family owned music shop and decided to check it out. They ended up having the Breedlove Discovery which I played around with for awhile. It was about $50 more than guitar center, but I figured I'd support the local business. My fingers need a lot of work but I absolutely love the guitar. Has anyone given rocksmith a try? I've signed up for lessons, but I figured the game would be good as a supplement.
    ϟ CHARGERS CREW ϟ
    RON PAUL 2012
    Φ United Oliver Frat Φ

It was about $50 more than guitar center, but I figured I'd support the local business. My fingers need a lot of work but I absolutely love the guitar. Has anyone given rocksmith a try? I've signed up for lessons, but I figured the game would be good as a supplement.
    I would have done the same in your case....50$ doesn't mean to much in this context and the little guy gets some business.

OK...on Rocksmith....
    Personally, I feel it's more of a novelty, glitzy, me too kind of learning tool so it would not work for me.
    Seems it's for Mac only unless I read something inc
    But, I've been wrong in the past and others may chime in and speak highly of it.
    I think it depends on how you want to approach the learning process.

Here's a review from a just a quick search: https://www.jamplay.com/rocksmith-review
    I would see if they offered a 30 day demo version first before I'd spend the money.
    knowing if the program caters to your personal learning process could be important prior to purchase.
    Then, it's a judgement call for you.

The questions are:
    What genre of music do gravitate to?
    Do you want to learn theory from the onset?
    Do you want to get proficient at different chords, inversions and arranging to excel at writing your own songs?
    Do you just want to learn scales and work on lead guitar proficiency?
    Do you really just want to learn songs that you like to keep you interested?
    (Me....I preferred all of the above and while playing in bands for many years took two years of college for the music academics.)

Whatever you choose....just practice a little every day.

Glad to hear you made the purchase.
    Good luck....carry on.
    Last edited by Wayne Evans; 05-02-2017 at 01:05 PM.
    Original music:

The questions are:
    Do you want to get proficient at different chords, inversions and arranging to excel at writing your own songs?
    (Me....I preferred all of the above and while playing in bands for many years took two years of college for the music academics.)

Whatever you choose....just practice a little every day.

Glad to hear you made the purchase.
    Good luck....carry on.
    I went out and purchased Rocksmith, but I haven't tried it yet. A lot of reviews were positive but recommended lessons still. I found it on xbox and pc btw.

I'm everywhere music wise. I'm looking to play some Bob Marley, Zakk Wylde (someday), and some Crosby Stills and Nash.

Never really considered it.

Chords is what I've been practicing so far. Not really looking to write my own songs but who knows.

I've also been working on scales and lead guitar is what I'm aiming for, but I would like to be proficient all around.

Mostly, but If I benefit from learning songs outside of my comfort zone that's what I'll do.

I want to be able to do some of this someday lol (not expecting to become Zakk though)
    ϟ CHARGERS CREW ϟ
    RON PAUL 2012
    Φ United Oliver Frat Φ

I went out and purchased Rocksmith, but I haven't tried it yet. A lot of reviews were positive but recommended lessons still. I found it on xbox and pc btw.
    Great.....

Sounds like you know how you want to proceed and you have the tools now.
    A learning program AND....a shiny new axe!

Have fun on the music journey.
    It's a long one I might add.

Back to it....
    Original music:

I bought the damn thing like 3 years ago and have yet to open the box. I just don't seem to MAKE the time to practice.
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

KyBrah32 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KyBrah32 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KyBrah32 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KyBrah32 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KyBrah32 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KyBrah32 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KyBrah32 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KyBrah32 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KyBrah32 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KyBrah32 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KyBrah32 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Has anyone given rocksmith a try? I've signed up for lessons, but I figured the game would be good as a supplement.
    I got started playing on rocksmith, its motivating to be able to play some popular songs and it has decent lesson curriculum and arcade style games to work on techniques. worth the purchase imo
    “Gotta have opposites, light and dark and dark and light, in painting. It’s like in life. Gotta have a little sadness once in awhile so you know when the good times come" - Bob Ross

Closed Thread
Page 202 of 336 FirstFirst ... 102 152 192 200 201 202 203 204 212 252 302 ... LastLast