Closed Thread
Page 54 of 336 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 154 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 10051
    lexuslover82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lexuslover82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lexuslover82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lexuslover82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lexuslover82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lexuslover82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lexuslover82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lexuslover82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lexuslover82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lexuslover82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lexuslover82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    you can also get some good guitar learning vid's from torrents
    i think there's a whole dvd set on there

Werle is just really nice. (+1000) Werle is just really nice. (+1000) Werle is just really nice. (+1000) Werle is just really nice. (+1000) Werle is just really nice. (+1000) Werle is just really nice. (+1000) Werle is just really nice. (+1000) Werle is just really nice. (+1000) Werle is just really nice. (+1000) Werle is just really nice. (+1000) Werle is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey guys.

I need help.
    I'm gonna tell you guys what all i know and maybe you guys can tell me what is needed for me to get to where iw ant to be.
    Okay guys i suck at creativity or making up solos.
    Sometimes it work sometimes it doesn't.
    I know basic open chords.
    I know minor/major pentatonic scales and some other variations that i don't know the names of or when to use ( i only know when to use minor/major scales lol kinda easy on that one.)
    i can play triad chords, suspended chords etc etc.
    I can find a note on every position possible on the guitar ( for example i know that F is on the first fret first string, 8th second string etc etc)
    I know the CAGED method ( the theory but i can't always apply the chords fast enough, need to practice 'em.)
    I know a couple of your not so basic chord shapes.

Well this is what i can think of now, been playing for 1 1/2 years. Pretty good at learning stuff and making cool rythms, but i realy wanna get better at soloing. I can apply a scale and move around it but i can't go too far or else i'll lose where i'm at completely.

iNegUthenLol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iNegUthenLol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iNegUthenLol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iNegUthenLol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iNegUthenLol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iNegUthenLol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iNegUthenLol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iNegUthenLol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iNegUthenLol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iNegUthenLol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iNegUthenLol has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by lexuslover82 View Post
    you can also get some good guitar learning vid's from torrents
    i think there's a whole dvd set on there
    link???!
    ⎈⚓⎈---BMBC--⎈⚓⎈

BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Werle View Post
    Hey guys.

I need help.
    I'm gonna tell you guys what all i know and maybe you guys can tell me what is needed for me to get to where iw ant to be.
    Okay guys i suck at creativity or making up solos.
    Sometimes it work sometimes it doesn't.
    I know basic open chords.
    I know minor/major pentatonic scales and some other variations that i don't know the names of or when to use ( i only know when to use minor/major scales lol kinda easy on that one.)
    i can play triad chords, suspended chords etc etc.
    I can find a note on every position possible on the guitar ( for example i know that F is on the first fret first string, 8th second string etc etc)
    I know the CAGED method ( the theory but i can't always apply the chords fast enough, need to practice 'em.)
    I know a couple of your not so basic chord shapes.

Well this is what i can think of now, been playing for 1 1/2 years. Pretty good at learning stuff and making cool rythms, but i realy wanna get better at soloing. I can apply a scale and move around it but i can't go too far or else i'll lose where i'm at completely.
    I see the problem stemming from probably one of two things: either a lack of inspiration or the inability to properly express your ideas on the guitar (which would be technique related).

I would say maybe try finding some new styles of music or a new artist...something off the beaten path to get your brain working a little differently and invigorating your music with fresh ideas...

...or it's possible that your technique isn't at the same level as what you hear in your head, which leads to a bottleneck of creativity that limits the ways you can express your ideas.

Simply put - you won't be able to write a good book if you only know a handful of words and a few ways to use them.

I had this problem myself in the beginning. I could hear all these awesome things, but I had nowhere near the ability to play them. I remember it being very frustrating and a direct reason for the intensity I put into pushing my playing to the next level.

I can't be sure which applies to your situation, but I'm willing to bet it's probably one or the other. Good luck and don't worry, it'll sort itself out. It always does if you give it time.
    The assassins of freedom tend the burning of truth.

BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by PapaPrime View Post
    link???!
    Demonoid has a few, I notice.

Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PapaPrime View Post
    link???!

Example:

Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/71851056/Zakk_Wylde_-_Pentatonic_Hardcore_-_Guitar_lessons.part1.rar
    http://rapidshare.com/files/71854475/Zakk_Wylde_-_Pentatonic_Hardcore_-_Guitar_lessons.part2.rar
    http://rapidshare.com/files/71857674/Zakk_Wylde_-_Pentatonic_Hardcore_-_Guitar_lessons.part3.rar
    http://rapidshare.com/files/71861089/Zakk_Wylde_-_Pentatonic_Hardcore_-_Guitar_lessons.part4.rar
    http://rapidshare.com/files/71864019/Zakk_Wylde_-_Pentatonic_Hardcore_-_Guitar_lessons.part5.rar
    http://rapidshare.com/files/71847194/Zakk_Wylde_-_Pentatonic_Hardcore_-_Guitar_lessons.part6.rar
    Torrent Petrucci's Rock Discipline and make sure it has the Book. <--- Great practice book.
    Semper Fi

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies...

Originally Posted by Mindripper View Post
    Torrent Petrucci's Rock Discipline and make sure it has the Book. <--- Great practice book.
    This is true. His vid is EXCELLENT.

Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000) Master.D. is a name known to all. (+5000)
    sup guys

had a jam session with a mate of mine yesterday, haven't had a proper one liek that. he has all sick gear too

a podX3
    laney VC50 tube amp
    an ESP MII
    an EBMM JP
    an ibanez Jcustom
    an ibanez PGM and
    an ibanez RG7620

we're doing a bit of a shred collab, ill keep you guys posted you can crit it for me (my mate is a freak, you shold hear his snakebite cover its practically spot on)
    -->>MMC<<--
    Aussie Supp Misc Family
    Bromance Crew

Slashed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slashed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slashed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slashed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slashed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slashed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slashed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slashed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slashed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slashed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Slashed will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What do most of your practice routines look like?

Mine is:

Chromatic excercise (12 in total)
    Scales & Modes ( The key for that day)
    RGT Scales (Examining body)
    Chord sheets
    4 & 6 note shred excercises practiced with a metronome
    Then will go over songs i already know and then learn the ones im being taught.

Just interested in what everyone else does. If anyone wants i could try and scan my shred metronome excercises for anybody who wants to try them.

Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Slashed View Post

Mine is:

Chord sheets

Just interested in what everyone else does. If anyone wants i could try and scan my shred metronome excercises for anybody who wants to try them.
    I don't have much of a routine. I usually warm up with some pentatonic scales, then just play songs I'm learning. Some are fingerpicking songs, and some are just mostly chord songs, but other than that, I don't have much variety lol.
    I used to be 135 pounds, give me a break.

Reps to:
    LilScrapper
    The Unleashed
    Carpe_Diem
    All_Swoled_Up
    Master.D.

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    I'm lucky to have time to pick up my guitar for more than a few minutes each week right now
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

Werle is just really nice. (+1000) Werle is just really nice. (+1000) Werle is just really nice. (+1000) Werle is just really nice. (+1000) Werle is just really nice. (+1000) Werle is just really nice. (+1000) Werle is just really nice. (+1000) Werle is just really nice. (+1000) Werle is just really nice. (+1000) Werle is just really nice. (+1000) Werle is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BobDaNob View Post
    I see the problem stemming from probably one of two things: either a lack of inspiration or the inability to properly express your ideas on the guitar (which would be technique related).

I would say maybe try finding some new styles of music or a new artist...something off the beaten path to get your brain working a little differently and invigorating your music with fresh ideas...

...or it's possible that your technique isn't at the same level as what you hear in your head, which leads to a bottleneck of creativity that limits the ways you can express your ideas.

Simply put - you won't be able to write a good book if you only know a handful of words and a few ways to use them.

I had this problem myself in the beginning. I could hear all these awesome things, but I had nowhere near the ability to play them. I remember it being very frustrating and a direct reason for the intensity I put into pushing my playing to the next level.

I can't be sure which applies to your situation, but I'm willing to bet it's probably one or the other. Good luck and don't worry, it'll sort itself out. It always does if you give it time.
    You're right man.
    It's a little of both actually.
    I'll keep working on it.

btw here is my gear:

Ovation Celebrity CC-026 acoustic ( yes i play acoustic !)
    A beat up, old yet one of my first babies Epiphone Les Paul Special II
    Ibanez GIO
    Digitech RP350 Multi Effect Pedal
    Laney AH200 Audiohub amp

I'm thinking of making a pedalboard though.

An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Whatever I feel like playing.

-SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -SLASH- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Mine is:

Chord sheets

I normally start her off by squeezing a tennis ball and finger stretches. Then, I move onto some Chromatic exercises, and then I just use various finger exercises...I normally try to change things up slightly every time I play. Most importantly of all, I always end my warm-up by playing the Back In Black riff and Soul Stripper intro solo - it's something I've done since I started playing.
    "Courage without a conscience is a wild beast."-Robert G. Ingersoll

DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000) DangerDan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've been trying to play the guitar for 2 weeks now and the tips of my fingers on my left hand hurt like a bitch. I assume it will just callous over and get better?

An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DangerDan View Post
    I've been trying to play the guitar for 2 weeks now and the tips of my fingers on my left hand hurt like a bitch. I assume it will just callous over and get better?
    Yes.

FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Mine is:

Chord sheets
    Years ago it looked like that^. But for a long time now I just tune up, warm up a little by improvising around scales and phrases, then put on something to play along to, cue up some mp3s or a CD. I use that as a sort of glorified metronome to practice different things depending on the song and artist, trying to play rhythm parts exactly right on, improvising solos over the music, doubling the lead guitar on a record, singing and playing, posture, figuring something out. When that gets old I turn off the music and just play free form, improvising just trying to execute what I hear inside as I'm hearing it.
    http://www.bitegrease.com

Blk98Bird is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blk98Bird is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blk98Bird is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blk98Bird is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blk98Bird is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blk98Bird is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blk98Bird is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blk98Bird is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blk98Bird is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blk98Bird is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blk98Bird is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Man, this friggin' thread and talking to a buddy of mine got me to finally dust off my California Fat Strat after a loooong time not playing

I started screwing around a bit and started ripping into Voodoo Child but humbled myself when it came into most of the solos

Not sure where to even begin at getting back into things, I learned back in high school as more of a tab player and picked up little to no theory but i'm beyond needing to practice basic chords, chord changes, etc. I suppose I could get myself learning chord positions along the neck again though since I abused power chords heavily back in the day and that kind of dumbed me down a bit.

Check out the CAGED system and maybe work with the pentatonic scales to start with? Go more basic and re-learn notes and positions?

The frustrating part is that I probably need to fill in a lot of the holes I left for myself when originally picking up guitar but at the same time, those things feel extremely basic.
    Last edited by Blk98Bird; 12-15-2008 at 07:52 PM.
    Diehard for Chicago and Illini sports

Originally Posted by ctgblue View Post
    I'm lucky to have time to pick up my guitar for more than a few minutes each week right now
    lol Oh boy, I'm right there with you. The kids, the wife, the new baby, the two jobs...

...I basically have to practice just to stay at the same level.

FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    lol Oh boy, I'm right there with you. The kids, the wife, the new baby, the two jobs...

...I basically have to practice just to stay at the same level.
    I just spoke with a guitar playing bro I hadnt heard from in 12 years. He's got a couple young ones and was saying the same thing.

Props to you for keeping at it, I think it's really impt and good for them to be exposed, and re-exposed, to good music and how it fits into life, especially how great playing an instrument can be. Get to them with the real deal before they discover Guitar Hero you know?

DerekSuds is just really nice. (+1000) DerekSuds is just really nice. (+1000) DerekSuds is just really nice. (+1000) DerekSuds is just really nice. (+1000) DerekSuds is just really nice. (+1000) DerekSuds is just really nice. (+1000) DerekSuds is just really nice. (+1000) DerekSuds is just really nice. (+1000) DerekSuds is just really nice. (+1000) DerekSuds is just really nice. (+1000) DerekSuds is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey guys, check out the rig my friend and bandmate has just picked up

(yes jealous, yes he took all the photos himself)
    That would be an ENGL powerball head with a vader cab - by far the sweetest amp I've ever heard :O sounds beautiful, I will be playing this every opportunity I get

if you want an idea of how it sounds check out periphery, their guitarist 'bulb' uses a very similar rig. www.myspace.com/periphery

if you want to check the amp out for yourself go here: http://rocksolidamps.com/index.php?c...on&ii=40&mid=2

Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    http://line6.com/podx3/

Everyone EVERYONE should have one of these.

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Got one in my Atomic Reactor 18 1x12 combo
    really a nice setup

you need to spend about 2-3 days figuring out how to tweak the demos modules before changing any of the first ones for your own presets

VERY easy to F up a setting and not be able to get out of it
    but the nice thing is you can clone a setting, adjust the midrange setting and increase the base volume, and use it as a solo boost channel

I've also got the gearbox gold to play into the computer, but my damn cat ate my headphone cable, I guess it was chewy
    Last edited by ctgblue; 12-17-2008 at 06:55 AM.
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

Originally Posted by FlyingV View Post
    I just spoke with a guitar playing bro I hadnt heard from in 12 years. He's got a couple young ones and was saying the same thing.

Props to you for keeping at it, I think it's really impt and good for them to be exposed, and re-exposed, to good music and how it fits into life, especially how great playing an instrument can be. Get to them with the real deal before they discover Guitar Hero you know?
    Ya, my baby absolutely LOVES it when I sit in front of him and play the guitar. He'll stop fussing and just stare and absorb it all...it really gives a whole new dimension to playing that I've never felt before. Makes the deeper significance of music really come through. I even wrote him a little lullaby. lol

I'm thinking his future with music is starting to look bright. He's even got the hands for it, plus he always holds his right hand as though he were holding a pick - it's the funniest damn thing.
    Last edited by BobDaNob; 12-17-2008 at 04:14 PM.

Ya, my baby absolutely LOVES it when I sit in front of him and play the guitar. He'll stop fussing and just stare and absorb it all...it really gives a whole new dimension to playing that I've never felt before. Makes the deeper significance of music really come through. I even wrote him a little lullaby. lol

I'm thinking his future with music is starting to look bright. He's even got the hands for it, plus he always holds his right hand as though he were holding a pick - it's the funniest damn thing.
    That's pretty cool Bob Your kid's lucky - my earliest memories of music were my drunk dentist Dad practicing banjo in the den. It was a long time before this kid could look at any stringed instrument without shreiking and assuming the fetal position.

BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000)
    How do I make the wrongs strings not play? Let's say that I'm playing something on the last two strings and the other strings are ringing. How do I prevent this?

Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by rottengazebo View Post
    How do I make the wrongs strings not play? Let's say that I'm playing something on the last two strings and the other strings are ringing. How do I prevent this?
    Mute them with your fret hand... Control your pick attack and practice, practice, practice.
    Semper Fi

BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000) BangBrahs is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Mindripper View Post
    Mute them with your fret hand... Control your pick attack and practice, practice, practice.
    How exactly do I do this?

To string mute you would simply rest a finger, even a part of another finger, onto the specific string notified. For example the tab?

E--------
    B---3----
    G---X----
    D---3----
    A--------
    E--------

Would mean that you would fret the appropriate strings, and for example, if you fretted the strings in the following fashion

3rd fret on D string fretted by Middle finger

3rd fret on B string fretted by Ring finger

You could move your middle finger down to lightly make contact and touch the string, just enough to stop it from ringing out.

Half the battle to playing technically is not playing anything else but what you want. When trying to stop extra noise on the strings above the pick, use the palm of your picking hand. When you want the strings to be quiet below the pick, use the fingers of the fretting hand that you are not using.

Search google or youtube for string muting. deadening etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtCKoHq0d3Q
    Semper Fi

It's just something that comes with time. It's all about knowing everything about what you're playing and being completely comfortable playing it. Basically, it's a whole bunch of little things that may seem incidental but add up in the end - resulting in a really clean sound.

Muting notes with fretting fingers, muting them with your picking palm, using an extra fiinger on the picking hand to control which notes sound, making sure your picking is PRECISE and that your left/right hand sychronization is perfect...

...it's a variety of factors, but it's one of the things that seperates the men from the boys (so to speak). You can watch vids of guys like Joe Satriani and if you look closely you can see some of the ways they keep the notes under control.

Closed Thread