Closed Thread
Page 51 of 336 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 10051
    BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by bignpisst View Post
    Yeah Ive been pondering the idea of adding on to my house for a studio, but I really cant afford it right now. The gf wants a new kitchen so it would also be one hell of a battle, but I would win
    Damn, I'd just love to be able to play through an actual amp again and ditch these damn headphones I've had to use for the past six years.

Stupid apartment life.

*sigh*
    The assassins of freedom tend the burning of truth.

FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BobDaNob View Post
    Damn, I'd just love to be able to play through an actual amp again and ditch these damn headphones I've had to use for the past six years.

Stupid apartment life.

*sigh*
    Well at least you live in gorgeous LB, bro. That's some prime real estate.

Yeah headphone's are a drag, unless it's a recording situation.I realize you do what you gotta do, but headphones are no way to play electric guitar on a regular basis IMO. Before THD hotplates, even before the Tom Scholz Powersoak, before I tried and then could never get used to the Scholz Rockman, I used to make a very cheap but effective power soak so I could play my Marshall at very low volumes and still sound tubey. I still have that thing.

If you have a spare closet sometimes you can put the cab in there, run the amp much louder than you could otherwise get away with, and control the volume with damping materials in the closet and how open you leave the door. Or mic the cab, leave the door closed and monitor the cab thru your stereo or something. You dont need it roaring loud but louder than would be acceptable some apt situations.

But as I've said in the past, I personally consider the amp fully 50% of the instrument we call electric guitar, not just an accessory. It really should be called an electric guitar system, since without any way to amplify it, it's a very incomplete instrument. Not that that will ever happen. But IMO it's really important and useful to play through an amp that's moving actual ******t air, and hopefully a good tube amp that interacts with you and your playing. This is what you need to get comfortable with in terms of performing electric guitar live; just hearing a processed tone thru headphones is such a far cry from that, it's really another animal entirely.

I suppose it's something like the difference between an exercise machine where you're sitting down and just isolating one or two muscle groups vs working out with freeweights, where you have to stand and balance and coordinate all the movements, balance and posture.

But now I'm super lucky in that I live in a freestanding house with a yard and some space around it. Awesome neighbors, a band on one side, some easygoing folks on the other, a school in back. So I can play loud as I want and no one minds. It's not that you need to play super loud, either, but you want to be able to push your amp enough to recruit some power tube involvement and physically move some air in the room.
    Last edited by FlyingV; 12-01-2008 at 02:26 PM.
    http://www.bitegrease.com

thekidkid32 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thekidkid32 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thekidkid32 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thekidkid32 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thekidkid32 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thekidkid32 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thekidkid32 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thekidkid32 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thekidkid32 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thekidkid32 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thekidkid32 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Anticrombie315 View Post
    How often do you guys change your strings?
    Originally Posted by An hero View Post
    Every couple months.

Any particular reason why changing every couple of months? i.e., does it sound different, feel easier to use, how would I know if it's time to change?

Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by thekidkid32 View Post
    Any particular reason why changing every couple of months? i.e., does it sound different, feel easier to use, how would I know if it's time to change?
    Sometimes I change mine once a week. If they don't stay in tune, feel like a rubber band or have visibal wear... Its time to change them.

Wash your hands before you play...
    Semper Fi

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies...

R[̲̅ə̲̅٨̲̅٥̲̅٦̲̅]ution snwdevl10's Avatar
    snwdevl10 is a name known to all. (+5000) snwdevl10 is a name known to all. (+5000) snwdevl10 is a name known to all. (+5000) snwdevl10 is a name known to all. (+5000) snwdevl10 is a name known to all. (+5000) snwdevl10 is a name known to all. (+5000) snwdevl10 is a name known to all. (+5000) snwdevl10 is a name known to all. (+5000) snwdevl10 is a name known to all. (+5000) snwdevl10 is a name known to all. (+5000) snwdevl10 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by captainhorseboy View Post
    barre it. try your best to bend your finger BACK far so its like, curved backwards, and roll it over those strings on 14

and a cram section is like where you just shred int a scale over a few bars, you can tell some people do this in their recorded solos because its never the same live
    Ah okay I see, thanks.

Thanks for the vid lessons as well ^^

Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Mindripper View Post
    Sometimes I change mine once a week. If they don't stay in tune, feel like a rubber band or have visibal wear... Its time to change them.

Wash your hands before you play..
    I always feel like I should do that, but I'm usually too lazy =/ I need to work on that.
    I used to be 135 pounds, give me a break.

Reps to:
    LilScrapper
    The Unleashed
    Carpe_Diem
    All_Swoled_Up
    Master.D.

BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BobDaNob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by FlyingV View Post
    Well at least you live in gorgeous LB, bro. That's some prime real estate.

Yeah headphone's are a drag, unless it's a recording situation.I realize you do what you gotta do, but headphones are no way to play electric guitar on a regular basis IMO. Before THD hotplates, even before the Tom Scholz Powersoak, before I tried and then could never get used to the Scholz Rockman, I used to make a very cheap but effective power soak so I could play my Marshall at very low volumes and still sound tubey. I still have that thing.

If you have a spare closet sometimes you can put the cab in there, run the amp much louder than you could otherwise get away with, and control the volume with damping materials in the closet and how open you leave the door. Or mic the cab, leave the door closed and monitor the cab thru your stereo or something. You dont need it roaring loud but louder than would be acceptable some apt situations.

But as I've said in the past, I personally consider the amp fully 50% of the instrument we call electric guitar, not just an accessory. It really should be called an electric guitar system, since without any way to amplify it, it's a very incomplete instrument. Not that that will ever happen. But IMO it's really important and useful to play through an amp that's moving actual ******t air, and hopefully a good tube amp that interacts with you and your playing. This is what you need to get comfortable with in terms of performing electric guitar live; just hearing a processed tone thru headphones is such a far cry from that, it's really another animal entirely.

I suppose it's something like the difference between an exercise machine where you're sitting down and just isolating one or two muscle groups vs working out with freeweights, where you have to stand and balance and coordinate all the movements, balance and posture.

But now I'm super lucky in that I live in a freestanding house with a yard and some space around it. Awesome neighbors, a band on one side, some easygoing folks on the other, a school in back. So I can play loud as I want and no one minds. It's not that you need to play super loud, either, but you want to be able to push your amp enough to recruit some power tube involvement and physically move some air in the room.
    What are these 'spare closets' you speak of? LOL Because between me, my wife the three kids, two cats one turtle and a newborn, all of our closets are used for storage.

Sometimes I make trips to guitar Center just to remind myself what playing through an amp sounds like. Gotta do what ya gotta do, I suppose. Definitely can't wait to live in a house again.

FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyingV is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What are these 'spare closets' you speak of? LOL Because between me, my wife the three kids, two cats one turtle and a newborn, all of our closets are used for storage.

Sometimes I make trips to guitar Center just to remind myself what playing through an amp sounds like. Gotta do what ya gotta do, I suppose. Definitely can't wait to live in a house again.
    LOL yeah well maybe you and the turtle can work something out. In the meantime, I thought about it and I dont actually have that 2x12 cab in a 'spare' closet, there's clothes hanging in there too. The clothes help dampen the volume and vibrations, so it's probably better to use a used closet. That's also a good way to isolate a live mic'ed cab when you're recording at home FWIW.

Anticrombie, I'm lazy too, but in addition to that, water softens skin - that means your calluses, too - which is not what you want just before practicing. So, I usually just rinse my hands in rubbing alcohol and wipe them off on a rag, gets all the dirt and oils off w/o softening your skin.

As you build up calluses they really help you play. I remember reading, I think it was an Eric Clapton interview and he was talking about Chet Atkins, about how he was so protective of his calluses he wore rubber gloves in the shower when he was cutting an album or on tour.

Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindripper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Anticrombie, I'm lazy too, but in addition to that, water softens skin - that means your calluses, too - which is not what you want just before practicing. So, I usually just rinse my hands in rubbing alcohol and wipe them off on a rag, gets all the dirt and oils off w/o softening your skin.

As you build up calluses they really help you play. I remember reading, I think it was an Eric Clapton interview and he was talking about Chet Atkins, about how he was so protective of his calluses he wore rubber gloves in the shower when he was cutting an album or on tour.
    That's a good idea. the liquid chalk thing that CTG brought up was also spot on.

I would think Mr. Guitar would know a thing or two... Chet Atkins is one of my all time favorites; its sounds like 4 guitars but its just him.
    Semper Fi

Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Anticrombie315 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    LOL yeah well maybe you and the turtle can work something out. In the meantime, I thought about it and I dont actually have that 2x12 cab in a 'spare' closet, there's clothes hanging in there too. The clothes help dampen the volume and vibrations, so it's probably better to use a used closet. That's also a good way to isolate a live mic'ed cab when you're recording at home FWIW.

Hmmm. I might invest in a bottle of rubbing alcohol.

Calluses are nice! When I first started, I couldn't play for more than an hour without my finger tips hurting. Now i don't have any problems, even after a few hours.

Reps to:
    LilScrapper
    The Unleashed
    Carpe_Diem
    All_Swoled_Up
    Master.D.

bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bignpisst has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My gf is drilling me about what I want for Xmas. Im gonna test the water today to see if she will go as far as a wireless for my guitar
    Hero worship is unhealthy and cucklike

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Mindripper View Post
    That's a good idea. the liquid chalk thing that CTG brought up was also spot on.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/xf/chalk.html

wash lightly, then spray on, this keeps the hands from sweating for hours

works for deadlifts too
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz

Stupid apartment life.

*sigh*
    If you have a GOOD set of wireless headphones and a good modeling system, you can get a lot more response with these than an amp at apartment levels

I have a closed back 18 watt Atomic reactor with an X3 in it (on a stand), it doesn't need to get loud to sound great
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.

snwdevl10 is a name known to all. (+5000) snwdevl10 is a name known to all. (+5000) snwdevl10 is a name known to all. (+5000) snwdevl10 is a name known to all. (+5000) snwdevl10 is a name known to all. (+5000) snwdevl10 is a name known to all. (+5000) snwdevl10 is a name known to all. (+5000) snwdevl10 is a name known to all. (+5000) snwdevl10 is a name known to all. (+5000) snwdevl10 is a name known to all. (+5000) snwdevl10 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Do you guys recommend buying online or buying from a shop? I think after Christmas if I have any money still I am going to buy a new set up, so I'm going to start researching now but I really have no idea where to start...

Originally Posted by scartissuex View Post
    Do you guys recommend buying online or buying from a shop? I think after Christmas if I have any money still I am going to buy a new set up, so I'm going to start researching now but I really have no idea where to start...
    IMO it depends on what, exactly, you're shopping for. Dont overlook used stuff like on Craigslist, you can find some great deals there. But if there's something specific you're looking for, post up. Lots of good advice to be had here.

Originally Posted by ctgblue View Post
    If you have a GOOD set of wireless headphones and a good modeling system, you can get a lot more response with these than an amp at apartment levels

I have a closed back 18 watt Atomic reactor with an X3 in it (on a stand), it doesn't need to get loud to sound great
    I've toyed with the idea of suspending my 4x12 from the ceiling with chains so that the bass wouldn't rattle the entire complex...

...but for some reason my wife gives me a funny look.

Bet that'd be a unique setup.

IMO it depends on what, exactly, you're shopping for. Dont overlook used stuff like on Craigslist, you can find some great deals there. But if there's something specific you're looking for, post up. Lots of good advice to be had here.
    I'm thinking about getting a new electric guitar/amp combo, or possibly just a guitar if that is all I can afford. I have a decent acoustic I like pretty well but after playing a friend of mines new electric it made me want something new.

Right now I have a Roland Micro Cube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qSf0mYO3R4) which actually seems pretty decent based on a few reviews I've read, and I don't really need anything louder as I live in an apt. right now too. My guitar is a squire strat and I've had it for 2-3 years now. I like playing basic rock stuff and metal every once and while too. As far as budget, if I am just going to buy just a guitar I was hoping to find something decent around 400-500.

I'm open to suggestions from anyone about what you like or guitars you might think I would like. Also any advice on if I should get a new amp or not I'll definitely take into account..
    Last edited by scartissuex; 12-03-2008 at 05:58 PM.

I've toyed with the idea of suspending my 4x12 from the ceiling with chains so that the bass wouldn't rattle the entire complex...

You know what that would probably work, I used to work security and help stage manage the Brick by Brick down in San Diego. Dick Dale, the surf guitarist, played there one night and he hung his old Fender tube reverb units from ceiling pipes, with ordinary cord, to isolate them (super sensitive to vibrations, which cause ungodly loud clanking noises) But now that I think of it, you wouldn't even need to go so far as to hang it from the ceiling, you could build a barely-tall-enough- wood or pvc frame and hang it from that, as long as it's off the floor, the chain or cord will isolate the cab.

Originally Posted by scartissuex View Post
    I'm open to suggestions from anyone about what you like or guitars you might think I would like. Also any advice on if I should get a new amp or not I'll definitely take into account..
    I guess it depends on what you want to do. Unless its beat to hell, I think I'd upgrade the Squire with some of that money and set aside the rest to start an amp fund. Not that you need something louder; you want something much better. The amp's an integral part of the instrument, don't think of it like an accessory, get the very best you can.

I personally really like Squire strats, and if you're basically happy with it, and there's nothing specific that you want that it cant do, then I think its the wrong time to buy a new guitar. You're just buying a new guitar for the sake of buying a new guitar. The Squier's are very upgradable: new pickups, new tuners, a new nut, a nice refret with jumbo frets, straplocks, heavier duty jack, new pickguard....you can easily make that a very cool looking, stable and solid instrument. You wouldn't need to do all of that, either. I'd maybe have a tech look at the guitar, and ask him what the some good upgrades would be for it. If he mentions pickups (and even if he doesnt) you can usually find great deals on them via Craigslist - if you live near a big city. You can have them installed for teh cheap. Pickups are a great upgrade.

Once you have ~4-500 to spend on an amp, there's quite a few good ones to be had.

For those of us with gear envy... The Holiday version of Guitar Player has 15 awesome guitar rigs including Jeff Beck, Lamb of God, Maiden, ZZ Top, Satch, Vai and Malmsteen... Wow, I want some new toys for xmas.

on a tone related note, Tonegod Jeff Beck's rig is (4) Marshall JCM heads (three behind the speaker cabs) and a Boss BF-2 Flanger.
    Semper Fi

Suspending it will still run some resonance into the roof, also bring down the cheap ass apartement ceiling
    You could build a small box form and pu mudium density foam in it and set the cab on top, if it has casters, it should not transmit too much through the floor anyway
    I ran my Ultra Lead in my apt, I just took my guitar w/wireless to the apartment downstairs and checked the level, then made a mark when I could 'barely' hear it with nothing on in that apartment
    figuring that I would be playing when most people are awake and have the tv, ac, or heat on with some sort of cover noise
    you would want the same respect from someone above you too

remember, if you elevate your cab and put yourself in the "line of sound", a good head with 4x12 will not have to be very loud to transmit good sound
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

George Lynch!

I was checking out guitarplayer.com and came across this lesson.

http://www.guitarplayer.com/article/...g/oct-07/31619

^

Seriously cool.

One of the toughest things for a guitarist to describe in words is his or her own sound. Perhaps that?s why so many of them address the challenge by instead pinpointing the things they lack. ?What I don?t really do is connect the dots,? notes Lynch. ?Most accomplished rock guitar players use a more scalar method. They play lines that travel across the whole neck. For example, Michael Schenker will play a run that flows into this and that, and it?s beautiful, but I don?t do that as much. I always thought it was more interesting to take a left turn here and there. I probably got a lot of that from listening to Jeff Beck. I never take something to its logical conclusion. I break everything up and bounce around a lot, like this [Ex. 1]. Other players might look at that lick and go, ?Wow, why did he think of going there?? F*cked up hardwiring, I guess [laughs].
    Semper Fi

username3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) username3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) username3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) username3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) username3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) username3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) username3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) username3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) username3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) username3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) username3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Need help with a solo!

Hi guise, in my band we are doing a cover of a gunshot to the head of trepidation by trivium, and im doin matts solo. I can play pretty much all of it except from the end of matts un-harmonized solo. Ive tried to find it on tab sites but it doesnt have it coz they all just tab the other guitar doing the bend from 12 to 14 on the G-string instead.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mPgmYCvUkFU

On this video (edited) its the section from 3:01 - 3:04.

Pleeease could some tab this bit for me for reps??

Thanks
    I ALWAYS REP BACK!

Bulking to 200

Goals for next year:

Deads: 405 (currently: 237 x 5x1)
    Squat: 315 (currently: 242 x 5x3)
    Bench: 225 (currently: 154 x 5x3)

Start: all below 100

Originally Posted by ctgblue View Post
    Suspending it will still run some resonance into the roof, also bring down the cheap ass apartement ceiling
    You could build a small box form and pu mudium density foam in it and set the cab on top, if it has casters, it should not transmit too much through the floor anyway
    I ran my Ultra Lead in my apt, I just took my guitar w/wireless to the apartment downstairs and checked the level, then made a mark when I could 'barely' hear it with nothing on in that apartment
    figuring that I would be playing when most people are awake and have the tv, ac, or heat on with some sort of cover noise
    you would want the same respect from someone above you too

remember, if you elevate your cab and put yourself in the "line of sound", a good head with 4x12 will not have to be very loud to transmit good sound
    Yeah, it occured to me somewhat later that it wouldn't be all that practical. And the problem with the line of sound is that it sounds sooo good a little off-center and above the 4x12.

I may end up just setting the damn thing on a matress or somesuch. I really wish I wouldn't have left my practice amp on the other side of the country now.

iNegUthenLol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iNegUthenLol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iNegUthenLol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iNegUthenLol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iNegUthenLol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iNegUthenLol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iNegUthenLol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iNegUthenLol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iNegUthenLol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iNegUthenLol has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iNegUthenLol has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Wink

bought a classic guitar a few days ago for me to learn on.. Harder than i thought.
    ⎈⚓⎈---BMBC--⎈⚓⎈

Yeah, it occured to me somewhat later that it wouldn't be all that practical. And the problem with the line of sound is that it sounds sooo good a little off-center and above the 4x12.

I may end up just setting the damn thing on a matress or somesuch. I really wish I wouldn't have left my practice amp on the other side of the country now.
    best practice amp I ever had was a 15 watt crate, clean channel, driving it with My RP-20, kept up with the drums even
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

lightweight99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lightweight99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lightweight99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lightweight99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lightweight99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lightweight99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lightweight99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lightweight99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lightweight99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lightweight99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lightweight99 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Whats the best video tutorials to buy for someone who just picked up their first guitar (electric) ever. Maybe this has been said before, but 51 pages of posts is a lot of reading, lol.

Can anyone recommend some good books on theory?

Reps to:
    LilScrapper
    The Unleashed
    Carpe_Diem
    All_Swoled_Up
    Master.D.

maynardjames is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maynardjames is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maynardjames is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maynardjames is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maynardjames is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maynardjames is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maynardjames is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maynardjames is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maynardjames is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maynardjames is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maynardjames is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Smile posted earlier

posted this earlier but didn't get a satisfactory answer so please haalp.

Hi, i've neglected power chords my whole life coz they didn't seem useful at first lol.
    But lately i've been using the top-two string based combos.
    My question is how do you bring precision from the RIGHT hand coz i always end up hitting or messing up with the third string.

Any practice apart from the CHORD use itself that can help me be more precise.

Originally Posted by maynardjames View Post
    posted this earlier but didn't get a satisfactory answer so please haalp.

Hi, i've neglected power chords my whole life coz they didn't seem useful at first lol.
    But lately i've been using the top-two string based combos.
    My question is how do you bring precision from the RIGHT hand coz i always end up hitting or messing up with the third string.

Any practice apart from the CHORD use itself that can help me be more precise.
    You're always going to be inadvertently banging into that D string when you're chugging away on (as they're often called) root-5th power chords. More right hand precision would help, perhaps, but what you need to be doing is muting all the other strings with the fleshy part of the side of your palm, you sort of lay that across all the strings and just leave the top two E and A strings open. Hope that makes sense. In a nutshell, you have to be/want to be muting all those other strings when you're playing those kinds of chords.

Closed Thread