Closed Thread
Page 335 of 336 FirstFirst ... 235 285 325 333 334 335 336 LastLast
Results 10,021 to 10,050 of 10051
    votross is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) votross is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) votross is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) votross is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) votross is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) votross is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) votross is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) votross is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) votross is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) votross is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) votross is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by z4v4 View Post
    A classical guitar has a slotted headstock and a bridge where the strings are tied on (no pins), and the strings are nylon. Like this:
    Spoiler!

If it is a classical, then ProArte strings are fine.

Yep. That's what I have fortunately. This was my first guitar, the only acoustic guitar I have ever touched, and I bought it without knowing what kind of guitar it was... I had no idea there existed strings with pins. I just kinda assumed all acoustic guitars were set up the same way as my guitar.

Thomastik makes great strings, but you don't want to put archtop flatwound strings on a strat, and you don't want to put 12's on there. When you go from factory strings (10's) and go to 12's, the bridge is going to pull up and you'll need an extra spring and/or screw the claw in. Then the intonation is going to be sharp, so you'll have to adjust the length of each string to get it to play in tune. Then it will likely need a neck adjustment due to the extra tension on the neck and possibly string height adjustments.
    Well, shiiieeeeet... I was hoping the strings would just be plug-and-play. I can do most of the setup. I recently learned how to setup my bass guitar, replacing the strings, adjusting the neck relief (truss rod), adjusting the action (string height), and setting the intonation (string length).

When you go from factory strings (10's) and go to 12's, the bridge is going to pull up and you'll need an extra spring and/or screw the claw in.
    EDIT/UPDATE:

Alright, I had no clue what this meant, but did some research and got some advice. I will completely replace the stock springs. I just ordered a pack of 3 high-tension springs, Floyd Rose Noiseless Tremolo Springs (red version). I hope this goes well.
    Last edited by votross; 02-13-2020 at 03:51 PM.

Allied Allies Alliance VTheKing's Avatar
    VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by votross View Post
    Damn... I got bit by the classical guitar bug.

I'm gonna put that electric guitar on hold and get either a Cordoba C7 or Alhambra 1C first. Anyone have experience with those guitars or have recommendations for classical guitars in general?

For your time:
    I had a 7/8 size Alhambra 1C. Great guitar for the price, tho I had the saddles filed because the action was too high out of the box and the construction has no truss rod. Ended up selling it though, didn't play it enough and I found easier to play a steel string acoustic instead.
    Go Canucks Go!

Mais notre monde érodé restera le même
    Et demain toi et moi serons partis

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by cjmadscientist View Post
    I really wish Ibanez would put some sort of device that would automatically stop the bridge from truly floating, like a built in tremel-no. I absolutely love the lo pro edge, and I have no plans to use it for any bar related sound effects. It really holds tunings better than a hardtail/locking tuner combo.
    Definitely and at the very least make the Ibanez Backstop a standard feature. Vai has them in his JEMs and they showed up back in the late 80s before there was some patent issue with Kahler but that was over 25 years ago and would have expired. Looks like this:

I love the Lo-Pro Edge. The only maintenance issues to keep an eye on along with keeping the knife edges sharp are the saddle intonation lock down screws which take a smaller 2mm hex key than the original Floyd and are easier to strip. Never pay Ibanez prices for replacement screws. I have a lifetime supply made from harder steel which cost me $5. And the string lock insert block which holds the string in place. Don't overtighten them because they can warp, crack, or develop deep grooves in them causing the string to slip.

votross is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) votross is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) votross is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) votross is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) votross is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) votross is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) votross is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) votross is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) votross is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) votross is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) votross is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by VTheKing View Post
    I had a 7/8 size Alhambra 1C. Great guitar for the price, tho I had the saddles filed because the action was too high out of the box and the construction has no truss rod. Ended up selling it though, didn't play it enough and I found easier to play a steel string acoustic instead.
    I read the same thing about the high action. Oh well, since I was able to find my old classical guitar from storage, I decided not buy another guitar. Mine ain't great, but I will try salvaging it and make the most out of it.

I'm just gonna save up for a Godin Multiac Grand Concert Duet Ambiance electro-acoustic and a Yamaha THR30-II Wireless modeling/practice amp. That will be my be-all-end-all setup and I can use that amp for electric guitar as well.

z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    EDIT/UPDATE:

Alright, I had no clue what this meant, but did some research and got some advice. I will completely replace the stock springs. I just ordered a pack of 3 high-tension springs, Floyd Rose Noiseless Tremolo Springs (red version). I hope this goes well.
    Bro... the correct play was to buy a set of 10's and get to playing...

Bro... the correct play was to buy a set of 10's and get to playing...
    It's alright. This is a good opportunity for me to tinker and truly learn how the instrument works.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz

"Are those Two Notes chips?"

Never accept defeat! backinthegymbro's Avatar
    backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Any recommendations on guitar books for complete beginners?
    I'm learning from youtube videos now but i thought maybe a book would help me extra.
    Will rep for good recommendations.
    Cobra Kai never dies!

JtotheIzzo is a name known to all. (+5000) JtotheIzzo is a name known to all. (+5000) JtotheIzzo is a name known to all. (+5000) JtotheIzzo is a name known to all. (+5000) JtotheIzzo is a name known to all. (+5000) JtotheIzzo is a name known to all. (+5000) JtotheIzzo is a name known to all. (+5000) JtotheIzzo is a name known to all. (+5000) JtotheIzzo is a name known to all. (+5000) JtotheIzzo is a name known to all. (+5000) JtotheIzzo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by backinthegymbro View Post
    I'm learning from youtube videos now but i thought maybe a book would help me extra.

https://www.justinguitar.com/

Justin Guitar for learning.

There are beginner and intermediate courses that are excellent breh!
    Cobra Kai Crew

Roman Catholic Crew

Donald Trump 2024 Crew

Ron DeSantis 2028 Crew

ChewYourFood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChewYourFood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChewYourFood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChewYourFood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChewYourFood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChewYourFood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChewYourFood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChewYourFood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChewYourFood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChewYourFood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChewYourFood has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by BIGNHYOOGE View Post
    Weird Q.

Why use a capo? Can I just tune up from standard? (don't have a capo , not bothered getting one, its just one song I wanna play. also, I am on electric guitar atm)
    Capos allow you to change the key of a song in 2 seconds. You can do this to match your voice, make fingering easy, play like a recording. I highly recommend G7th capo.

My brother in law never had a capo growing up and learned how barre cowboy chords.

I know some ******* in this thread will argue all day about my next point - ackshully! But you can drop d by only capoing the first 5 strings, and if you have a kyser capo you can dadgad by using it backwards on the 2nd fret on 345 strings.

z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by ChewYourFood View Post

I know some ******* in this thread will argue all day about my next point - ackshully! But you can drop d by only capoing the first 5 strings, and if you have a kyser capo you can dadgad by using it backwards on the 2nd fret on 345 strings.
    No bruh, nothing wrong with doing partial capos. Humming a note that is +/-40 cents to tune your guitar to, well, you're gonna get a lot of flack, and rightly so, ackshully!

The problem with a non-adjustable tension capo is you're going to have to retune most of the time anyway, so easier to just drop the E to D and be done with it rather than retuning 5 strings and being a whole step up.

[INB4 my Kyser is perfectly in tune at every fret according to the hum in my head]

bfdehewdbyywhn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bfdehewdbyywhn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bfdehewdbyywhn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bfdehewdbyywhn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bfdehewdbyywhn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bfdehewdbyywhn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bfdehewdbyywhn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bfdehewdbyywhn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bfdehewdbyywhn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bfdehewdbyywhn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bfdehewdbyywhn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by backinthegymbro View Post
    learn basic music theory. will make the learning process 10x quicker

I played piano before guitar and found the music theory to be very helpful. technical aspects of the guitar such as picking speed, muting, rhythm, harmonics, sweeping, etc. take years of practice
    HTC is too skinny for me. Fat Girls only crew. serious
    Chubby Chaser and Fat Girls Only crew Founder

Originally Posted by bfdehewdbyywhn View Post
    learn basic music theory. will make the learning process 10x quicker

I played piano before guitar and found the music theory to be very helpful. technical aspects of the guitar such as picking speed, muting, rhythm, harmonics, sweeping, etc. take years of practice
    Eh, nothing wrong with a beginner learning music theory, but it's not going to help a new player get a G chord to ring clearly sooner than a person with no theory knowledge and it certainly isn't going to be 10x quicker.

The guitar is a technical instrument right from go - some people can't get a C chord to ring clearly for weeks, and most take several months before they can make basic I-IV-V chords functional in common guitar keys. Theory will not help with that.

Your advice is more applicable to the beginner looking to advance in certain areas and not a complete beginner struggling to play Smoke on the Water, but I suppose it depends on what you consider basic music theory to be, as certain aspects of it should be learned in tandem (e.g., sharp/flat/natural half/whole step, etc).

I finally figured out the motion for slapping bass. It took me a lot of bruteforce experimentation...

Now I can start learning the Seinfeld theme song.

dogorman7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dogorman7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dogorman7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dogorman7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dogorman7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dogorman7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dogorman7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dogorman7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dogorman7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dogorman7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dogorman7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    fukkk my tor**** captor load box crapped out. I wonder if I can get it replaced from two notes. good thing the helix sounds good and I kept it even though I normally use my 6505+ head and the load box with IRs.

once I get the **** job wiring in one of my guitars fixed ( shorted, always sounds like its on the neck pickup) and a good camera ill start doing some covers.
    Sig can't be a novel crew

Hnnng Latinas crew

Pantera >Megadeth>>Metallica crew

Ass eaters anonymous crew

Went to the Guitar Center over the weekend and dinked around. Lots of fun.

I was trying out the Epiphone Les Pauls and the Gibson Les Pauls. Both played great, but the Epiphone burst finishes looked awful in person; they looked plasticky... I also got to try out some PRS electric guitars which were very nice too. The Gibson Les Paul in bourbon burst still stands as my dream electric guitar.

I also tried a bunch of electric bass guitars. Now I really want a Fender Precision and Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray. The Precision just sounds amazing and the Stingray has the best slap tone and playability. I already have a Fender Jazz so I feel like a Precision and Stingray will sort of complete a versatile trinity collection for me.

At home, I finally set up the Fender Stratocaster and it plays beautifully and sounds amazing; it has the exact clean tone I have been looking for. I removed the old strings and replaced the stock springs with the highest tension Floyd Rose noiseless springs. I then installed the Thomastik-Infeld George Benson jazz flatwounds, tightened the truss rod to lower the action a bit, and then finally did the intonation. Gave the whole thing a good cleaning and polishing and now it looks and feels like a brand new instrument.

I don't have a proper electric guitar amp so I have been using my Fender Rumble 40 bass amp instead. I really want my dream amp, the Fender '65 Twin Reverb reissue, but it's a bit too pricey to get right now and I rather get the Gibson Les Paul first whenever I get the chance. I'm thinking about picking up a Boss Katana 50 to play with in the meantime.

MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I don't have a proper electric guitar amp so I have been using my Fender Rumble 40 bass amp instead. I really want my dream amp, the Fender '65 Twin Reverb reissue, but it's a bit too pricey to get right now and I rather get the Gibson Les Paul first whenever I get the chance. I'm thinking about picking up a Boss Katana 50 to play with in the meantime.
    I have a THR-ii since I don't gig and like the look of it in my office, but the Katana 50 is an absolutely perfect starter amp that would carry you all the way to bar level gigs. There's a reason they've sold a bajillion of them.
    Smooth Seas don't make Strong Sailors. Keep your head up.

MrWhiskey24 for jolly cooperation (PS)

Originally Posted by MrBourbon View Post
    I have a THR-ii since I don't gig and like the look of it in my office, but the Katana 50 is an absolutely perfect starter amp that would carry you all the way to bar level gigs. There's a reason they've sold a bajillion of them.
    The THR-II was actually the one that I initially wanted, but everyone online unanimously recommends the Katana; that's why I feel a bit pressured to get it.

I'm interested in the portability and wireless function of the THR-II though. I also hear it sounds great at low volumes. Maybe I will get that after all. I'm a casual learner so at my rate I don't think I'll be gigging any time soon. 100% of my playing is just quiet bedroom practice.

MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The THR-II was actually the one that I initially wanted, but everyone online unanimously recommends the Katana; that's why I feel a bit pressured to get it.

I'm interested in the portability and wireless function of the THR-II though. I also hear it sounds great at low volumes. Maybe I will get that after all. I'm a casual learner so at my rate I don't think I'll be gigging any time soon. 100% of my playing is just quiet bedroom practice.
    The Katana goes much louder - 50w is enough to gig out with. At $199 it's a ridiculous value for money.

But yes, the THR excels at bedroom volume tones. I have the $299 model as I already have a wireless setup so didn't need the feature. It's only 20w thru 3" speakers so it's not going to work for anything but a coffee shop gig, but I can rattle the windows enough when I need to.

cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    just had my day ruined, I saw a pic of a telecaster with a Floyd Rose (Music Zoo)

that's not right bros, not right at all
    Always Pick Two Crew
    Eat it Like Groceries Crew
    Always Be Closing Crew
    member of <HTC>

lift heavy, drink bourbon, f**k often

SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Haven't played in like 3 weeks, rip guitar gains I was making.. Was also working on a neat song and just said fuk it, uploaded half of it and trashed the rest.. Sucks being a lazy kunt.

Originally Posted by MrBourbon View Post
    The Katana goes much louder - 50w is enough to gig out with. At $199 it's a ridiculous value for money.

But yes, the THR excels at bedroom volume tones. I have the $299 model as I already have a wireless setup so didn't need the feature. It's only 20w thru 3" speakers so it's not going to work for anything but a coffee shop gig, but I can rattle the windows enough when I need to.
    My Fender Rumble bass amp is 40 watts and I already feel it is too loud for my environment lol. I practice in my bedroom at night with others sleeping nearby so low volume is perfect. I'm gon git me a THR.

What wireless system do you use and do you recommend it?

Originally Posted by SwimToTheMoon View Post
    Haven't played in like 3 weeks, rip guitar gains I was making.. Was also working on a neat song and just said fuk it, uploaded half of it and trashed the rest.. Sucks being a lazy kunt.
    I haven't played for a couple of weeks. Not good.

Originally Posted by cjmadscientist View Post
    just had my day ruined, I saw a pic of a telecaster with a Floyd Rose (Music Zoo)

that's not right bros, not right at all
    This one?
    Spoiler!

That's hard on the eyes. I think it can work with maybe a brand like Charvel, two humbuckers, where it's clearly a departure from the classic Tele. Otherwise that's gonna be a no from me dawg.

Allied Allies Alliance VTheKing's Avatar
    VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by SwimToTheMoon View Post
    Saw your new guitar on Reddit brah!

Also, you guys mirin' my Telly?

Go Canucks Go!

Mais notre monde érodé restera le même
    Et demain toi et moi serons partis

Suhr + Schecter + green carpet

Good to know you gentlemen are active on other sites. This joint has been on the slide for years so I won't be surprised when I hit refresh one day and it redirects to the store.

That reminds me... thread is now at 10K posts. If anyone wants to start a Part 2 thread now would be a good time.

cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cjmadscientist has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Dominik View Post
    I haven't played for a couple of weeks. Not good.

This one?
    Spoiler!

That's hard on the eyes. I think it can work with maybe a brand like Charvel, two humbuckers, where it's clearly a departure from the classic Tele. Otherwise that's gonna be a no from me dawg.

yep...that's the one

I could easily rock that Charvel, but a traditional Fender telecaster......it hurts my soul
    Always Pick Two Crew
    Always Be Closing Crew
    member of <HTC>

My Fender Rumble bass amp is 40 watts and I already feel it is too loud for my environment lol. I practice in my bedroom at night with others sleeping nearby so low volume is perfect. I'm gon git me a THR.

What wireless system do you use and do you recommend it?
    The katana has a switch to run at 50, 10 and .5 w - don't quote me on the wattages but it definitely is capable of reigning in the thunder.

Straight up love my the though - I debated these two for weeks before settling on the thr.

Amazon search "guitar wireless" and you'll see tons of $20-30 sets. I have the Muslady brand but they all look like the same Made in China device to me so go with whatever. I wouldn't trust it to gig without cables for backup, but I don't gig. No problems so far though, and I love the comfort of going wireless.

SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Also, you guys mirin' my Telly?

Suhr + Schecter + green carpet

Good to know you gentlemen are active on other sites. This joint has been on the slide for years so I won't be surprised when I hit refresh one day and it redirects to the store.

That reminds me... thread is now at 10K posts. If anyone wants to start a Part 2 thread now would be a good time.
    Ha! I'm active in a bunch of guitar forums.. Gearpage, Fractal, Modern Guitarist (********) and here lol.. Not just saying this, but this is the best guitar community out of all of those where I get the best feedback on my chit.. Most of the time I post my songs in the other sites I don't even get 1 reply lol

That telly is amazing though.. Schecter is legit my favorite guitar company overall, I really want that Nick Jonhston strat hnnng

drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hail mary here but I have lost a self taught guitar website I was going to use. I book marked it and I lost the book mark so I will give a $hitty description in hopes someone recognizes it.

It was a very simple website in blue with links on the side.
    It was made by one guy. his name may have been in the title of the website
    He wasnt selling much from what I remember.
    He had lessons but then also told his story about how he taught himself guitar.
    And he included a list of books that he had read and recommended.
    One of them was chord chemistry but there were a lot of them.

I really just want that list of books.

It was a legit site and did not have a bunch of gimmicky clickbait links to a million pentatonic scale tutorials.
    -even lifts
    -gonna make it or die trying crew
    -no fat chicks crew
    -#1 career thread creator

I’m happy to do it, we should definitely keep this going. Feel free to edit the title if it’s garbage

Edit...and it’ll be on page 4 by the morning
    Last edited by cjmadscientist; 03-01-2020 at 01:15 PM.
    Always Pick Two Crew
    Always Be Closing Crew
    member of <HTC>