Closed Thread
Page 324 of 336 FirstFirst ... 224 274 314 322 323 324 325 326 334 ... LastLast
Results 9,691 to 9,720 of 10051
    Allied Allies Alliance VTheKing's Avatar
    VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by MrBourbon View Post
    Pedalboard build is done! I'd like a pedaltrain someday but I had some furring boards laying around so knocked this together in about an hour. Need a little more velcro but I'm pretty happy!

I had a MIM tele that an ex bought me. After the breakup I had to ditch the reminder of her but I'd love another tele someday.
    How's the downtuning function on the Whammy? I'm looking for something that can track lower tunings reasonably faithfully since I've switched to shorter scale guitars.
    Go Canucks Go!

Mais notre monde érodé restera le même
    Et demain toi et moi serons partis

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Pedalboard build is done! I'd like a pedaltrain someday
    There's nothing special about Pedaltrain and they're made in China so you might as well get a clone that's probably coming out of the same factory if that's your thing. Down the track when it fits your budget look at something constructed from a single piece of aluminum and is made in the US. I have one of these.

Originally Posted by MBisonSon View Post
    I think it's awesome I can run the guitar into the computer, play whatever tones I want while making little to no noise outside my bluetooth headphones.
    Speakers and cab design make such a huge difference to the tone. You could spend thousands on some boutique head that sounds great through one 4x12 and like a muffled box of farts through another. You don't have these worries with modeling. Scroll through different cabs until you like the sound. Stages are getting quieter and some of the biggest bands are now touring with amp modeling gear so it's not just for the bedroom warrior.

That being said I still like the sound of a tube preamp but that's easy to integrate with digital so you can have the best of both worlds if you want.

Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Innn just began first lessons this month so I can finally play those GOAT country songs.

Thinking of taking 1 or 2 more lessons, is it possible to learn the rest online?

Took 4 lessons so far; can play the intro of Tennesse Whiskey by Chris Stapleton

MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by VTheKing View Post
    How's the downtuning function on the Whammy? I'm looking for something that can track lower tunings reasonably faithfully since I've switched to shorter scale guitars.
    That's what I got it for. The lead guitarist of August Burns Red has one in his rig instead of changing guitars between songs - if you can do an arena tour on one, that's good enough for me.

So they sell the detune/uptune circuit as a standalone pedal called The Drop. That's what I was originally looking at, for the same reasons as you. But for less than $100 more you can get it and the classic Whammy effect together in the one box - I shelled out the extra bucks, my inner Tom Morello demanded it.

Originally Posted by Dominik View Post
    There's nothing special about Pedaltrain and they're made in China so you might as well get a clone that's probably coming out of the same factory if that's your thing. Down the track when it fits your budget look at something constructed from a single piece of aluminum and is made in the US. I have one of these.

[youtube]_h7vXqhOxA0[/youtbe]

Speakers and cab design make such a huge difference to the tone. You could spend thousands on some boutique head that sounds great through one 4x12 and like a muffled box of farts through another. You don't have these worries with modeling. Scroll through different cabs until you like the sound. Stages are getting quieter and some of the biggest bands are now touring with amp modeling gear so it's not just for the bedroom warrior.

That being said I still like the sound of a tube preamp but that's easy to integrate with digital so you can have the best of both worlds if you want.
    I hadn't done enough research to know there are different manufactures - I just meant a Pedaltrain "type". Will def look into the American type too!

Originally Posted by Sinan09400 View Post
    Innn just began first lessons this month so I can finally play those GOAT country songs.

Thinking of taking 1 or 2 more lessons, is it possible to learn the rest online?

Took 4 lessons so far; can play the intro of Tennesse Whiskey by Chris Stapleton
    You will want to look at tablatures or "tabs" of the songs you want to play. For instance googling Tennesse Whiskey Guitar Tab will get you the directions (fingerings, tuning etc) to play that song. You can find tab for free on line of practically any song - so once you know how to translate what you're seeing on the screen into something your hands can reliably do, you're good! Most country music relies on the same few chords, so once you can play open chords and a few bar chords you'll be able to fake your way thru at least a campfire style cover of all that kind of music. Enjoy brah!
    Smooth Seas don't make Strong Sailors. Keep your head up.

MrWhiskey24 for jolly cooperation (PS)

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    I hadn't done enough research to know there are different manufactures - I just meant a Pedaltrain "type". Will def look into the American type too!
    Nothing wrong with the DIY approach but it's good to know what's out there. Donner has received some solid reviews and could be worth looking at to save a few bucks.

Donner Guitar Pedal Board Case DB-2 Aluminium Pedalboard 20'' x 8" — $50
    Donner Guitar Pedal Board Case DB-3 Aluminium Pedalboard 20'' x 11.4'' — $60

But for less than $100 more you can get it and the classic Whammy effect together in the one box - I shelled out the extra bucks, my inner Tom Morello demanded it.
    It was a pretty big deal when that pedal first came out. RATM's first album and Steve Vai's Touching Tongues. David Gilmour used one on this instrumental. It would be easy to be annoying with it but he used it tastefully.

A bit off topic but still on Digitech I always thought this was a great use of their harmonizer (the old IPS-33b rack). One of my favorite instrumental songs. He nailed this.

MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nothing wrong with the DIY approach but it's good to know what's out there. Donner has received some solid reviews and could be worth looking at to save a few bucks.

Donner Guitar Pedal Board Case DB-2 Aluminium Pedalboard 20'' x 8" — $50
    Donner Guitar Pedal Board Case DB-3 Aluminium Pedalboard 20'' x 11.4'' — $60

It was a pretty big deal when that pedal first came out. RATM's first album and Steve Vai's Touching Tongues. David Gilmour used one on this instrumental. It would be easy to be annoying with it but he used it tastefully.

A bit off topic but still on Digitech I always thought this was a great use of their harmonizer (the old IPS-33b rack). One of my favorite instrumental songs. He nailed this.

Very cool. Yeah the Whammy has some sounds in it that are VERY distinct in a mix and over the top "effected" sounding - could be easy to abuse. The flip side is that if you want those sounds the Whammy is really the only pedal out there that does them.
    Smooth Seas don't make Strong Sailors. Keep your head up.

MrWhiskey24 for jolly cooperation (PS)

VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    That's what I got it for. The lead guitarist of August Burns Red has one in his rig instead of changing guitars between songs - if you can do an arena tour on one, that's good enough for me.

So they sell the detune/uptune circuit as a standalone pedal called The Drop. That's what I was originally looking at, for the same reasons as you. But for less than $100 more you can get it and the classic Whammy effect together in the one box - I shelled out the extra bucks, my inner Tom Morello demanded it.
    !
    hmm, a solid $130 USD difference at my local chain but I don't even have a pedalboard right now... maybe I'll start by making a big splash.
    Go Canucks Go!

Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What's up guys!

I'm looking to learn how to play. Any recommendations on electric guitars and all of the other equipment that is required?
    Cost isn't an issue.
    Rustling NPCs' jimmies without even trying crew

"I've watched a lot of movies, I know what I'm doing."

"The Best Revenge is Massive Success"

Not going to be a Darkseeker crew.

RIP Duckenheimer
    RIP SemperFudge

Originally Posted by Tornach View Post
    What's up guys!

I'm looking to learn how to play. Any recommendations on electric guitars and all of the other equipment that is required?
    Cost isn't an issue.
    If money isn't an issue I'd buy a nice guitar since you don't need an amp or pedalboard to practice these days as there are now plugins available (Fortin Nameless, Neural DSP Plini, etc.) that will give you album quality tones right out of the box.

You could buy something cheap but then you'll probably end up making excuses because of it thinking "if only I had a better guitar." Might as well remove that barrier and get something you could be happily playing 20 years from now. Cheap guitars often come with pretty ordinary sounding pickups and are often set up poorly making them harder to play which could discourage you from practicing long enough to make solid progress. Nice doesn't mean crazy money either.

Not sure what your budget is or what music you want to play but around the $700-$900 range gets my vote. Something like a PRS SE Custom 24.

If I were starting out today and not a broke kid I'd probably get something like this. I like two humbuckers with a push-pull pot to split them and the simplicity of a 3 way toggle and single volume and tone. 16" radius for big bends with a low action. Duncan pickups. I could cover a lot of styles with that.

Edit: actually this is the one I'd get. Same model but in black cherry. Looks like a great axe for the money ($700) and a no-frills workhorse. Also like the cosmo black metal pickup rings which I have on my own guitar. The less plastic on a guitar the better. Matching headstock is a nice touch.

Last edited by Dominik; 09-26-2019 at 10:37 PM.

^ come on brah, pushing him to buy a Fender that might as well be a Schecter? Nothing wrong with the guitar but it seems like an oddly specific rec. :P

When I started I kicked off with a Squier Affinity anyways because I didn't want to have too much money invested in case I gave up along the way. Entry level guitars are bloody good for the money nowadays, and many players turn out to be quite picky with what they want in guitars so imo it's best to not dip one's feet too deep before figuring out whether they want to swim...
    Go Canucks Go!

^ come on brah, pushing him to buy a Fender that might as well be a Schecter? Nothing wrong with the guitar but it seems like an oddly specific rec. :P
    Not pushing him to buy anything. Details were sparse other than "cost isn't an issue." I was simply turning back the clock to think of what I'd want starting out that was reasonably priced and could cover a range of styles so I had a look around and answered. Better than watching the tumbleweed.

Not sure what is Schecter about it and I also suggested a PRS SE. It's a Tele with a Duncan '59 and Pearly Gates, no pickguard, no twangy ash tray bridge, Gotoh hardtail, with classy looking hardware and a nice finish for $720. Reviews are overwhelmingly positive. To me the Tele is a classic design that wouldn't look out of place anywhere really. And I didn't recommend something I wouldn't look twice at. I would gladly own that.

One of the hardest things for a beginner is building up finger strength and a low action helps. How many Fenders come with a 16" radius? You can lay those strings practically flat on the deck and with light strings bend a mile. We've all been there but why slum it with a dirt cheap guitar if you don't have to? To me around $700 is very reasonable especially since you can get great tones with software these days so ponying up for an amp as well isn't automatic these days.

When I started I kicked off with a Squier Affinity anyways because I didn't want to have too much money invested in case I gave up along the way. Entry level guitars are bloody good for the money nowadays, and many players turn out to be quite picky with what they want in guitars so imo it's best to not dip one's feet too deep before figuring out whether they want to swim...
    I just don't see the point of buying something sub-$500 if you don't have to. Thanks to videos and tabs for everything that spoon feed everything you need to know it's not like the old days of banging away for years to make progress. He could be shredding it up in no time. No need to buy something cheap just because you're a beginner. It's not like you can't sell the thing if you "can't swim." Just my 2 cents.

Not pushing him to buy anything. Details were sparse other than "cost isn't an issue." I was simply turning back the clock to think of what I'd want starting out that was reasonably priced and could cover a range of styles so I had a look around and answered. Better than watching the tumbleweed.

Not sure what is Schecter about it and I also suggested a PRS SE. It's a Tele with a Duncan '59 and Pearly Gates, no pickguard, no twangy ash tray bridge, Gotoh hardtail, with classy looking hardware and a nice finish for $720. Reviews are overwhelmingly positive. To me the Tele is a classic design that wouldn't look out of place anywhere really. And I didn't recommend something I wouldn't look twice at. I would gladly own that.

One of the hardest things for a beginner is building up finger strength and a low action helps. How many Fenders come with a 16" radius? You can lay those strings practically flat on the deck and with light strings bend a mile. We've all been there but why slum it with a dirt cheap guitar if you don't have to? To me around $700 is very reasonable especially since you can get great tones with software these days so ponying up for an amp as well isn't automatic these days.
    I see a Crimson Burst guitar with a flame or quilt top, HH configuration, matching headstock, no pickguard, abalone inlays, simple controls... screams Schecter to me lol. That's besides the point because I'd rock the guitar too, just that I didn't think it'd be something that's recommended.

And fair enough about buying something nice to start with if you can afford it, I guess I just have a general philosophy of dipping my feet first just so I don't develop a nasty habit of spending tons of money on a hobby I *think* I will like, only to have to sell off months later because it didn't capture my attention.
    Go Canucks Go!

I see a Crimson Burst guitar with a flame or quilt top, HH configuration, matching headstock, no pickguard, abalone inlays, simple controls... screams Schecter to me lol. That's besides the point because I'd rock the guitar too, just that I didn't think it'd be something that's recommended.

And fair enough about buying something nice to start with if you can afford it, I guess I just have a general philosophy of dipping my feet first just so I don't develop a nasty habit of spending tons of money on a hobby I *think* I will like, only to have to sell off months later because it didn't capture my attention.
    I respect your opinion on it and you could be right. I just feel like it'd be great to start out with a guitar that you wouldn't even have to think about "upgrading" for several years and if you suck you can't blame the guitar. With so many distractions these days it's easy to make excuses.

Anyway it's not like I recommended an Ibanez with a paper thin neck and a Floyd or a $4000 Suhr.

To me that's a really versatile guitar with a design that visually could blend in anywhere. Actually the more I look at it it's one of the nicest Fenders at least to my taste. It has the essence of a Tele without the plastic bits and I prefer that control layout to the original design in a column. Lastly hardtail is a great choice for a beginner. Learn to bend strings and develop your vibrato without jerking a whammy bar.

SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Brahs if I want a pedal that I can assign a component of an effect block with axe fx do I get an expression pedal or a volume pedal?

Like if I want to assign it mix levels of delay to the pedal or amp drive? Also can't I just use the expression pedal as a volume pedal if I just assign a volume block to it?

I bought a crybaby wah like a retard at the music store today, the guy that works there said I could just use it as an expression pedal and I believed him lol, went home and googled that chit but apparently I have to "hack it" to make it work as an expression pedal. Going back tomorrow to change it lol..

Originally Posted by SwimToTheMoon View Post
    Brahs if I want a pedal that I can assign a component of an effect block with axe fx do I get an expression pedal or a volume pedal?

Like if I want to assign it mix levels of delay to the pedal or amp drive? Also can't I just use the expression pedal as a volume pedal if I just assign a volume block to it?

I bought a crybaby wah like a retard at the music store today, the guy that works there said I could just use it as an expression pedal and I believed him lol, went home and googled that chit but apparently I have to "hack it" to make it work as an expression pedal. Going back tomorrow to change it lol..
    Expression pedal. As you suspected it can do both on the Axe-FX. You'll also need a TRS cable (TRS stands for Tip-Ring-Sleeve).

Fractal sell their own EV-1 and EV-2 (smaller) pedals but if they're not available I'd look at something like a Mission EP-1 and call it a day. Might be a good idea to ask on the Fractal forum or do a search for what they recommend.

SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Expression pedal. As you suspected it can do both on the Axe-FX. You'll also need a TRS cable (TRS stands for Tip-Ring-Sleeve).

Fractal sell their own EV-1 and EV-2 (smaller) pedals but if they're not available I'd look at something like a Mission EP-1 and call it a day. Might be a good idea to ask on the Fractal forum or do a search for what they recommend.
    Thanks man.. Just got this Boss pedal and a trs cable and it works like a charm.. Can assign anything I want to it on axe edit.. Can't believe I only started using this pedal now, you can do so much with it..

Didn't want to wait for mission or fractal pedals as they don't sell them in my country..

Thanks man.. Just got this Boss pedal and a trs cable and it works like a charm.. Can assign anything I want to it on axe edit.. Can't believe I only started using this pedal now, you can do so much with it..

[img]https://i.imgur.com/ryGWUJt.jpg?1[img]

Didn't want to wait for mission or fractal pedals as they don't sell them in my country..
    I have the stereo version of that pedal (FV-500L) on my board but as a volume pedal. Completely forgot it has an expression jack. Glad you could sort it out quickly.

What's the verdict on the Axe after a few months now? You've basically got a million dollars worth of gear stuffed into that rack not to mention the convenience of being able to route all that gear in any order, stereo, parallel, etc. with a few clicks.

What's the verdict on the Axe after a few months now? You've basically got a million dollars worth of gear stuffed into that rack not to mention the convenience of being able to route all that gear in any order, stereo, parallel, etc. with a few clicks.

I still get butterflies in my stomach every time I turn it on man..
    I try to not spend so much time dialling chit any more, I feel like I spend 70% of the time on the axe and 30% actually playing.. Right now I have a collection of presets for every style I play and I just want to record chit, I have 8 completed songs (pretty much an album) that I keep procrastinating on but I've started recording the first song now..

Also past 2 weeks I've been going balls deep into compression and EQ, not youtube videos, but books and pdfs.. Want to learn that chit from the absolute basics, never get anywhere with youtube mixing tutorials.. but I'm starting to see all the mistakes I make with my songs, for instance in this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lStJx-LsbS0 at :38 seconds when all the instruments come at the same time I did not take out any low end from the guitars so it sounds clustered as fuk with the bass, also a bunch of frequencies in the around 2k have to go I think?? That chit is tiring but worth it for the sound gains of the final product

EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Any fans of melodic hard rock need to check out some Euro bands.

Pretty uplifting stuff, amazing vocals too. Great music to just blitz some solos over. There are a lot of bands in Sweden trying to carry the hard rock torch in a modern fashion.
    EoR is powered by unique Nanomolecular Hyperdispersion Technology. Giving him high bioavailability and myocellular saturation.

I still get butterflies in my stomach every time I turn it on man..
    I try to not spend so much time dialling chit any more, I feel like I spend 70% of the time on the axe and 30% actually playing.. Right now I have a collection of presets for every style I play and I just want to record chit, I have 8 completed songs (pretty much an album) that I keep procrastinating on but I've started recording the first song now..

Also past 2 weeks I've been going balls deep into compression and EQ, not youtube videos, but books and pdfs.. Want to learn that chit from the absolute basics, never get anywhere with youtube mixing tutorials.. but I'm starting to see all the mistakes I make with my songs, for instance in this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lStJx-LsbS0 at :38 seconds when all the instruments come at the same time I did not take out any low end from the guitars so it sounds clustered as fuk with the bass, also a bunch of frequencies in the around 2k have to go I think?? That chit is tiring but worth it for the sound gains of the final product
    Sounded great to me. With that expression pedal you can now start controlling the delay mix/level like when the lead comes in. I have my delays not only in stereo but in parallel too so when I blend them in and out it never touches the dry signal or changes the overall volume. There's a clarity to it that can't be achieved any other way. I'm doing it with analog which took a bit of planning since I couldn't find anything on it out there. With the Axe-FX it'd be easy.

Anyway it's probably a good idea to avoid nerding out on technology for a few months, no tweaking, record a separate dry signal that can be reamped later, and just focus on being creative. Once the tracks are done you can spend months mixing it.

Sounded great to me. With that expression pedal you can now start controlling the delay mix/level like when the lead comes in. I have my delays not only in stereo but in parallel too so when I blend them in and out it never touches the dry signal or changes the overall volume. There's a clarity to it that can't be achieved any other way. I'm doing it with analog which took a bit of planning since I couldn't find anything on it out there. With the Axe-FX it'd be easy.

Anyway it's probably a good idea to avoid nerding out on technology for a few months, no tweaking, record a separate dry signal that can be reamped later, and just focus on being creative. Once the tracks are done you can spend months mixing it.

That sound cool, do you mean like this? Then I set the both mix levels of the delays to the pedal?

Spoiler!

That sound cool, do you mean like this? Then I set the both mix levels of the delays to the pedal?
    You want two signal paths. One dry and one wet with the wet delays in stereo. I'm sure one of the gurus on there is already doing it with the Fractal so I'll do a little research.

Petrucci is using the Axe-FX for his delays for a wet-dry-wet setup with his dry signal in the middle cabs. Listen around 1:15 for the dry and a minute later for when he brings in the delay. Obviously this can all be duplicated in the Fractal. You could have the expression pedal controlling the delay mix so you can control it in real time. It's a pretty amazing sound when you first hear it because it never touches the dry signal. It's crystal clear.

EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You want two signal paths. One dry and one wet with the wet delays in stereo. I'm sure one of the gurus on there is already doing it with the Fractal so I'll do a little research.

Petrucci is using the Axe-FX for his delays for a wet-dry-wet setup with his dry signal in the middle cabs. Listen around 1:15 for the dry and a minute later for when he brings in the delay. Obviously this can all be duplicated in the Fractal. You could have the expression pedal controlling the delay mix so you can control it in real time. It's a pretty amazing sound when you first hear it because it never touches the dry signal. It's crystal clear.

I've watched a few JP mesa demos and still to this day I think he can get the best clean and crunch tone.

What do you think of those nanotube amps? They weigh like 1.5kg. A friend of mine bought one and loves it.
    EoR is powered by unique Nanomolecular Hyperdispersion Technology. Giving him high bioavailability and myocellular saturation.

Fuuk was unaware Petrucci used Axe Fx.. Pretty cool...

Unrelated but what's your opinion on buying IR cab packs? I keep reading on the forums how much better IR cabs from ML sounds are and that everyone should buy them.. Apparently they cut better through mixes and chit like that.. You think it's worth it? Not really expensive, about 30 euros per pack but I hate spending money on useless chit..

Like these for example https://ml-sound-lab.com/collections/frontpage

Why would thtey be better than Fractal's stock ones? I assume a company like Fractal has better cabs and tools to capture IRs with than some random dudes

Originally Posted by EoR View Post
    I've watched a few JP mesa demos and still to this day I think he can get the best clean and crunch tone.

What do you think of those nanotube amps? They weigh like 1.5kg. A friend of mine bought one and loves it.
    His guitars have a piezo bridge for blending in an acoustic tone. Around 3 mins in you'll hear it and then he blends it with the other pickups. Of course delay and chorus are part of his clean sound but that's the secret weapon.

re: BluGuitar nanotube amp never played through one but there are a lot of good reviews. Do you still have that Mesa Triaxis? Petrucci's best tones were with that thing back in the Ibanez days. All you need is power amp + cab simulation so you could be using something similar to what I use there since I'm using a tube preamp. Honestly I have zero interest in going back to real cabs.

Fuuk was unaware Petrucci used Axe Fx.. Pretty cool...

Unrelated but what's your opinion on buying IR cab packs? I keep reading on the forums how much better IR cabs from ML sounds are and that everyone should buy them.. Apparently they cut better through mixes and chit like that.. You think it's worth it? Not really expensive, about 30 euros per pack but I hate spending money on useless chit..

Like these for example https://ml-sound-lab.com/collections/frontpage

Why would thtey be better than Fractal's stock ones? I assume a company like Fractal has better cabs and tools to capture IRs with than some random dudes
    re: Petrucci he endorses TC Electronic pedals and they're in a loop on his rack but I find it hard to believe he'd use a bunch of cheap pedals when he's got an Axe-FX.

Try the preset from post #13 in this thread. Would be interesting to hear your thoughts on how close he got to his dual delay settings.

As for IR cab packs that's a good question. I'm still using the stock Two Notes cabs and have done a lot of tweaking moving mics around but I've made a list of a few I'd like to try just based on certain speakers I like. You might still be in the same boat where you can get plenty of mileage out of the stock Fractal cabs.

Some third party IRs will be better with better being subjective of course — what sounds great with one preset might sound like crap with another. All you can do is experiment and that costs money. Some guy with a magical sounding cab who uses the best mics might capture something better than Fractal that works better with the rigs you've designed. There's no way to know unless you watch a demo with the same presets. One thing I like about Two Notes is you can preview a cab before you buy it.

BenjiDaldes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BenjiDaldes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BenjiDaldes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BenjiDaldes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BenjiDaldes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BenjiDaldes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BenjiDaldes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BenjiDaldes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BenjiDaldes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BenjiDaldes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BenjiDaldes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    how good are plugins these days vs a Kemper? Is the Kemper vastly better?

I want to record YouTube/Instagram covers

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Newest guitar built for charity auction at work.

lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

Originally Posted by BenjiDaldes View Post
    how good are plugins these days vs a Kemper? Is the Kemper vastly better?

I want to record YouTube/Instagram covers
    Kemper is close to $2K. Obviously it gives you far more control but the question is do you need it? At least the new stage version looks better than the space age toaster.

Spoiler!

There are a lot of choices these days but I like the demos of Neural DSP's Archetype plugins and Fortin Nameless Suite. Only downside is iLok but apparently you don't need a USB dongle to use it. They offer a 14 day trial.

re: Petrucci he endorses TC Electronic pedals and they're in a loop on his rack but I find it hard to believe he'd use a bunch of cheap pedals when he's got an Axe-FX.

Try the preset from post #13 in this thread. Would be interesting to hear your thoughts on how close he got to his dual delay settings.

As for IR cab packs that's a good question. I'm still using the stock Two Notes cabs and have done a lot of tweaking moving mics around but I've made a list of a few I'd like to try just based on certain speakers I like. You might still be in the same boat where you can get plenty of mileage out of the stock Fractal cabs.

Some third party IRs will be better with better being subjective of course — what sounds great with one preset might sound like crap with another. All you can do is experiment and that costs money. Some guy with a magical sounding cab who uses the best mics might capture something better than Fractal that works better with the rigs you've designed. There's no way to know unless you watch a demo with the same presets. One thing I like about Two Notes is you can preview a cab before you buy it.

Did a quick recording with that preset.. Using my chitty Schecter with emgs cause Suhr is at the tech again

Also whoever made the preset used the pvh 6160+ (emulates the peavey 6505+ I believe) instead of the mesa boogie models, which is weird cause the mesas are what Fractal emulates best and what Petrucci actually uses..

I set the pedal to the dual delay mix and set global tempo to 130bpm like post said, not used to that much delay, kind of messes with my timing..
    https://soundcloud.com/frqd/petrucci-delay-test/s-d7lKE

Closed Thread