Closed Thread
Page 274 of 336 FirstFirst ... 174 224 264 272 273 274 275 276 284 324 ... LastLast
Results 8,191 to 8,220 of 10051
    Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by SwimToTheMoon View Post
    Thomann has killed actual music stores in all of Europe pretty much.. I buy everything from them, my Suhr, my pod hd, cables, monitors etc.. Cheaper than the actual store and free shipping if you buy over like 200 euros I think. I've only heard good things about Harley Benton as well, never owned one but apparently if you set them up properly and change the pick ups they're indistinguishable from upper-mid range guitars..
    They stock a lot of stuff that is hard to find elsewhere and it looks like a great store.

I'm not against affordable versions of high end guitars by any means because not everyone has thousands of dollars to spend on the real thing but they definitely crossed a line there IMO. The scraped binding, red stain over mahogany, and that "Ocean Turquoise" color is about as blatant as you can get.

rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Dominik View Post
    Looks like a neck shim to create a slight angle. There are a few reasons why they do it depending on the overall design and the bridge used.

With your Suhr I can only eyeball photos and not the real thing but I'd say it's either because the Gotoh 510 bridge is raised to increase the range for pulling back the trem (floating) or because the pickups being directly mounted to the body and probably on some foam might be too close to the strings so they increase the bridge height and to avoid raising the action shim the neck — or it's for both those reasons. If you look closely your neck pickup would be sitting as high as the fingerboard without it assuming it can't be lowered much.

My JS had a couple of paper shims in the pocket from the factory because Ibanez jacked up the Lo-Pro Edge trem height to allow it to be pulled back further (because of its lower profile it's already taking up space in the recessed cavity) but raising it also raises the action so introducing a slight neck angle was the workaround.

Lastly some bridges sit higher by default like a Gibson style TOM bridge (unless it's recessed like the Suhr JM model and some Kiesels) and any trem or HT bridge with a thicker baseplate. A neck shim is an easy workaround. With set neck Gibsons they already build a neck angle into it for those bridges.

Ah okay, thanks for that awesome explanation. I think the Gotoh bridge is raised slightly so perhaps that's the reason.
    Just as long as it isn't shoddy workmanship or a warped neck I think I'm cool. The guitar plays and sounds great (although there's some buzz on the low E and A string despite the relief in the neck).

Allied Allies Alliance VTheKing's Avatar
    VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Well, my local chain had a clearance sale and they had a couple of really flying guitars on my cheapskate budget. This is the one I came out with:

https://imgur.com/a/HJfDZ0d

It just has two small issues; a little slack on the A string (vibrates more than it should when played open or at the 1-3 frets, creates some buzz) and the action on the high frets is a bit high for comfort (e.g. can't barre anything above 12th fret without buzz). Not too sure how to tackle the first issue, but the second one I'm guessing I need to lower the bridge going by the picture posted on the last page. What's the best/safest way to do that on a Floyd Rose?
    Go Canucks Go!

Mais notre monde érodé restera le même
    Et demain toi et moi serons partis

rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just pulled the trigger on this DV Mark 2x12 with neodymium speakers. Weighs around 27 lbs, which is less than half the weight of my recto 2x12.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/DV-Mark...ker-Cabinet.gc

Also just ordered the HX Stomp preamp for my Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6/...essor-Pedal.gc
    Last edited by rollerball; 10-22-2018 at 08:17 PM.

They stock a lot of stuff that is hard to find elsewhere and it looks like a great store.

I'm not against affordable versions of high end guitars by any means because not everyone has thousands of dollars to spend on the real thing but they definitely crossed a line there IMO. The scraped binding, red stain over mahogany, and that "Ocean Turquoise" color is about as blatant as you can get.
    To be fair though, when Suhr does the "Aura" line is there really a difference?
    Last edited by rollerball; 10-22-2018 at 07:46 PM.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by VTheKing View Post
    It just has two small issues; a little slack on the A string (vibrates more than it should when played open or at the 1-3 frets, creates some buzz) and the action on the high frets is a bit high for comfort (e.g. can't barre anything above 12th fret without buzz). Not too sure how to tackle the first issue, but the second one I'm guessing I need to lower the bridge going by the picture posted on the last page. What's the best/safest way to do that on a Floyd Rose?
    I'd check relief for the first one. When you say you "can't barre anything above 12th fret without buzz" is it because the action is too high and it's hard to press the strings down? Buzzing depending on the location is usually because of the nut (open strings), high frets (anywhere), back bow or not enough relief (first few frets), and action too low.

Originally Posted by rollerball View Post
    Ah okay, thanks for that awesome explanation. I think the Gotoh bridge is raised slightly so perhaps that's the reason.
    Just as long as it isn't shoddy workmanship or a warped neck I think I'm cool. The guitar plays and sounds great (although there's some buzz on the low E and A string despite the relief in the neck).
    Ultimately comes down to playing style. I remember Satriani's tech talking about his ridiculously low action and for most guitarists without a light touch it'd be buzz city. Raising the bridge slightly on the bass side or the E and A saddles should fix the problem. Or were you talking about those strings open? Nut slots can wear down over time. Couldn't hurt to have a tech take a quick look at it.

To be fair though, when Suhr does the "Aura" line is there really a difference?
    Valid point. I guess when you've made a good living copying Fender designs and now Gibson you've got to roll with the punches when companies start copying your designs. Understandably Pete Thorn was salty about it but as some people pointed out no one buying a Harley Benton for $300 is going to be in the market for a $3500 Suhr.

The reality is cheap copies have been around for a long time. I started out with a lawsuit era 335 clone then an L6-S copy and then an Epiphone SG and some Korean "GTX" LP copy all bought from pawn shops and garage sales. I had no idea at the time the first two were even cheap clones because I was just a broke ass kid after a plank with 6 strings on it.

VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) VTheKing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I'd check relief for the first one. When you say you "can't barre anything above 12th fret without buzz" is it because the action is too high and it's hard to press the strings down? Buzzing depending on the location is usually because of the nut (open strings), high frets (anywhere), back bow or not enough relief (first few frets), and action too low.
    Yeah I meant that because the action is too high I can't press down hard enough to play all strings cleanly, so they buzz or get muted instead.
    Go Canucks Go!

Ultimately comes down to playing style. I remember Satriani's tech talking about his ridiculously low action and for most guitarists without a light touch it'd be buzz city. Raising the bridge slightly on the bass side or the E and A saddles should fix the problem. Or were you talking about those strings open? Nut slots can wear down over time. Couldn't hurt to have a tech take a quick look at it.
    Nah, strings open they're fine. I really want to learn how to maintain my guitars myself, I feel kinda dumb for not having that ability.

Valid point. I guess when you've made a good living copying Fender designs and now Gibson you've got to roll with the punches when companies start copying your designs. Understandably Pete Thorn was salty about it but as some people pointed out no one buying a Harley Benton for $300 is going to be in the market for a $3500 Suhr.

The reality is cheap copies have been around for a long time. I started out with a lawsuit era 335 clone then an L6-S copy and then an Epiphone SG and some Korean "GTX" LP copy all bought from pawn shops and garage sales. I had no idea at the time the first two were even cheap clones because I was just a broke ass kid after a plank with 6 strings on it.
    It seems like some companies that started out making cheap copies evolved into serious makers in their own right, if I'm correct in my recollection that Ibanez was more along those lines?

SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Nah, strings open they're fine. I really want to learn how to maintain my guitars myself, I feel kinda dumb for not having that ability.
    Just take it to a tech *******.. brb learning how to maintain guitars on a $2000+ guitar

Originally Posted by SwimToTheMoon View Post
    Just take it to a tech *******.. brb learning how to maintain guitars on a $2000+ guitar
    Lol

EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

It seems like some companies that started out making cheap copies evolved into serious makers in their own right, if I'm correct in my recollection that Ibanez was more along those lines?
    I am the same. I know some basics, but the tools and confidence to take a part my pricey guitars is something I don't have.
    EoR is powered by unique Nanomolecular Hyperdispersion Technology. Giving him high bioavailability and myocellular saturation.

z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Y'all should learn how to do your own setups. The majority of time the guy doing ~$70 setups at a big box store is hacking about, and if he has meat hands, then your intonation is going to be set flat.

Here's an actual Guitar Center commercial. When I first saw this, I thought it was a parody because GC guys are legit like this in a lot of cases. Maybe they're making fun of other GC's, dunno.

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Two new releases came out Friday for all you heavy music guys. Listening to them now.

lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Working on a guitar for my grandson's birthday.
    Cut the headstock Friday. I like it so much that I cut the one for the tele the same way. I think regular tele headstocks are ugly anyway.

lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.

Another pre-order for shred fans.
    Nov 16th release, the one that's available now is really good.
    She is definitely one of the hottest players out there, in many ways..

lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

ncnc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncnc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncnc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncnc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncnc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncnc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncnc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncnc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncnc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncnc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncnc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    gonna sloot up a quick video of a simple yet fun solo for you post-hardcore fanboys
    Story of the Year - The Dream Is Over

learned it and recorded it in around 60 to 90 minutes, editing took longer probably
    gear: a piece of chit ibanez gio, an even more piece of chit Behringer amp, a Go Pro Hero 5 (more expensive than guitar + amp combined)

SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SwimToTheMoon has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by ctgblue View Post
    Another pre-order for shred fans.
    Nov 16th release, the one that's available now is really good.

Her music does nothing for me honestly but dat ass...

Originally Posted by z4v4 View Post
    Y'all should learn how to do your own setups. The majority of time the guy doing ~$70 setups at a big box store is hacking about, and if he has meat hands, then your intonation is going to be set flat.

Here's an actual Guitar Center commercial. When I first saw this, I thought it was a parody because GC guys are legit like this in a lot of cases. Maybe they're making fun of other GC's, dunno.
    I can understand fretwork and even wiring mods if you don't know what you're doing but you can't really do any harm with a setup especially if you have an action gauge or feeler gauges to take a note of where everything was before you started and with the truss rod adjusting it a 1/4 turn at a time.

Good point about intonation. Even worse it wouldn't surprise me if it's often done with the guitar flat on a bench rather than in the playing position and then there's tuning to the attack vs. decay. A stranger isn't going to know exactly how you play and like you said if a tech set it for a heavy touch it's going to be sharp for someone who plays with a light touch and that's going to be exacerbated with large frets.

JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Finally have to replace my stupid tuning knob, it broke off months ago but I was still able to tune it by putting it on the broken screw. Now it is just either stripped/too weak to tighten it so I am buying new tuning heads. Man are they hard to find in store, either they only have expensive ones or nothing. Found some online from a US store (Canada has chit tier music stores, essentially we have none), but shipping is like $20.

Amazon has some cheap ones for $20, but I am thinking they will be horrible for holding a tune so I might as well buy the nice Gotoh ones.

These are the ones I am looking at online.
    Not part of any crews crew

z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by JPeeper View Post
    Finally have to replace my stupid tuning knob, it broke off months ago but I was still able to tune it by putting it on the broken screw. Now it is just either stripped/too weak to tighten it so I am buying new tuning heads. Man are they hard to find in store, either they only have expensive ones or nothing. Found some online from a US store (Canada has chit tier music stores, essentially we have none), but shipping is like $20.

Amazon has some cheap ones for $20, but I am thinking they will be horrible for holding a tune so I might as well buy the nice Gotoh ones.

These are the ones I am looking at online.
    You'll need to look at spec sheet at the bottom and check with your current tuners, as in most cases they won't just drop in.

Vid explains sealed tuners at about 2:45.
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by z4v4; 10-24-2018 at 05:18 AM.

I can understand fretwork and even wiring mods if you don't know what you're doing but you can't really do any harm with a setup especially if you have an action gauge or feeler gauges to take a note of where everything was before you started and with the truss rod adjusting it a 1/4 turn at a time.

Good point about intonation. Even worse it wouldn't surprise me if it's often done with the guitar flat on a bench rather than in the playing position and then there's tuning to the attack vs. decay. A stranger isn't going to know exactly how you play and like you said if a tech set it for a heavy touch it's going to be sharp for someone who plays with a light touch and that's going to be exacerbated with large frets.
    Yeah, many years ago I was at a club and the "tech" was tuning the guitars laying on a pool table, using the rails as a neck rest. My buddy wanted to play pool so when he got some static about clearing the table, he laid into him about how he was wasting his time because the guitars aren't going to be in tune unless they plan on doing their set from the pool table.

Yeah, many years ago I was at a club and the "tech" was tuning the guitars laying on a pool table, using the rails as a neck rest. My buddy wanted to play pool so when he got some static about clearing the table, he laid into him about how he was wasting his time because the guitars aren't going to be in tune unless they plan on doing their set from the pool table.
    I did a quick search and most of the intonation videos show the process with the guitar on a bench. To be fair it's easier to shoot the video that way but I'd say that's how it's typically done and obviously most people watching will just copy what they see.

I just saw one for a Floyd with 80,000 views without using the right tool that we've discussed before. Talk about a frustrating crapshoot.

5:55 "I don't know how far to slide it back"
    7:05 "That's about as close as I'm going to get"

I can't see a tuner in the video either so he's just going by ear which is unlikely to be accurate for most people doing it. It's no wonder the Floyd gets so much hate. Doing it that way is a form of torture.

I use the $35 Ibanez EJK1000 tool in the playing position with a fresh set of strings after they've been properly stretched, tune to the attack with light touch using a $130 strobe tuner (Turbo Tuner). Intonation is spot on. It's also a quick and easy process and I can install and remove the intonation tool with one hand.

Even when I dig in bending, etc. I have full control of the intonation on a bend so the heavy handed approach is more by choice and at that point I know the note will be slightly sharp which can be masked to some degree with a wider vibrato. With chords and legato I use a light touch and that's where intonation would be more of an issue. Equal temperament is always going to be a compromise with a fretted instrument so you still have to use your ear. I know which intervals like a major 3rd are going to be sharp and a minor 3rd will be flat so I'm instinctively either barely fretting a sharp note or pulling flat notes into pitch.

Now if I were doing this for someone else's guitar it'd be important to see how they play because without that feedback it's never going to be accurate. Which gets back to your point. There's a difference between some guy behind a counter at a music store and a skilled tech.

BusterMudd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BusterMudd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BusterMudd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BusterMudd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BusterMudd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BusterMudd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BusterMudd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BusterMudd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BusterMudd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BusterMudd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BusterMudd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Heard her with Alice Cooper. She's the real deal fo' sho' ...most interesting player in that band, at least.

But yeah, I'd rather see her nekkid than listen to her play.

Yet, you'll see many techs do the same thing by using one of these. It's basically the same, if not worse, than resting them on a pool table.

lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

How do y'all feel about 7-stringers? Thinking about getting a cheap one to see how they play before taking a deeper plunge, but I'm feeling they'll be less of a pain at playing lower tunings than a regular 6-string.
    Go Canucks Go!

EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Can't believe I missed this one!

It made me re-watch what I think is probably the best cover of "Perpetual Burn":

EoR is powered by unique Nanomolecular Hyperdispersion Technology. Giving him high bioavailability and myocellular saturation.

Originally Posted by VTheKing View Post
    How do y'all feel about 7-stringers? Thinking about getting a cheap one to see how they play before taking a deeper plunge, but I'm feeling they'll be less of a pain at playing lower tunings than a regular 6-string.
    Don't buy a super cheap 7 string, start with Agile, good low priced, and see if you like it.
    Think of doing a blues turnaround and going down a string in the same position, instead of up a string and 2 frets.
    Once you get that part in your head, it's easier to get the hang of other stuff.

http://www.rondomusic.com/7string.html

I would go a 725 or 72527 multi.
    I had one and couldn't get the hang of the multi, but it's better for drop tunings.
    I stick with 25.5 and it's been okay. Need to finish this one.

lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Don't buy a super cheap 7 string, start with Agile, good low priced, and see if you like it.
    Think of doing a blues turnaround and going down a string in the same position, instead of up a string and 2 frets.
    Once you get that part in your head, it's easier to get the hang of other stuff.

http://www.rondomusic.com/7string.html

I would go a 725 or 72527 multi.
    I had one and couldn't get the hang of the multi, but it's better for drop tunings.
    I stick with 25.5 and it's been okay. Need to finish this one.

Appreciate the tips. Trying to strike that balance between buying something that isn't too cheaply made so I don't get discouraged but not buying something too expensive that doesn't quite fit me. These Agiles look pretty good! Someone in the big city also posted an Ibanez Iron Label at a decent price so I'll take a look at that as well.

I already tried out a couple of mid-range models and surprisingly the 26.5" ones weren't too bad on my hands even though I have girly hands. The ones with fanned frets feel the best tho I suppose their angle makes it harder to bend.
    Go Canucks Go!

MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MBisonSon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    IDK if you play already or how seriously but I say just play for now.

Don't get me wrong a nice guitar is nice to have, but it's not a necessity.

For example the acoustic I started on is ****ing brutal to play, the action is so high.

But I eventually picked up a Les Paul that showed me how bad the acoustic was.

I still play the acoustic, probably even more than before, as well as the LP now.

That discomfort from the acoustic made me able to play all day long on the LP.

I'm going on around 9 months playing minimum 2-3 hours daily, once I hit a year I'm gonna upgrade the acoustic.

After 1.5 years or so I'm gonna upgrade the LP to one of them nice LP customs.
    The billionaire and the beggar both have 24 hours in a day.

That's why grandma's apple pie rocks and yours sucks.

[QUOTE=Dave22reborn]At least it will thunderstorm tonight, and we know how they feel about water. :)[/QUOTE]

^^^Racist police officer who also cries about how racism doesn't exist, also cries reverse racism and typifies the stupidity of the racist right, referring to black people as "they" and regurgitating racist stereotypes.

Closed Thread
Page 274 of 336 FirstFirst ... 174 224 264 272 273 274 275 276 284 324 ... LastLast