Closed Thread
Page 223 of 336 FirstFirst ... 123 173 213 221 222 223 224 225 233 273 323 ... LastLast
Results 6,661 to 6,690 of 10051
    Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BetaThanU View Post
    we did a bunch or racer x chit, Scarified:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsVE_PcytxQ
    Feel free to post more of your shred videos.

Paul Gilbert is an obvious one but who else did you listen to when you were doing all that practice and attending GIT?

rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    most likely. his videos were kind of viral about 10 years ago amongst guitar forums and such.

I had seen his videos back in the day, then I went to Hollywood (from aus) to go to GIT a year or so after. One day I was jamming with this bass player and then he says let me show you a video of my little brother. He plays one of Antons videos i had seen already on youtube. Weird coincidence. Anton came for a visit and i got to meet him. Its hard to comprehend what you are seeing when you watch him play. He could play insanely hard stuff in his sleep. Like the intro to Colorado bulldog by Mr.Big, i could get maybe if i did 20 takes and tried really fuking hard. He could do while reading a book or somechit.

he asked me to play second guitars for some concert he was having to celebrate signing with GKG.

we did a bunch or racer x chit, Scarified:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsVE_PcytxQ

the guy in the funny hat walking passed the camera every so often is reinhold bogner of bogner amps lol
    Lol there are some serious shredders on the misc

BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Dominik View Post
    Feel free to post more of your shred videos.

Paul Gilbert is an obvious one but who else did you listen to when you were doing all that practice and attending GIT?
    yeah i was obsessed with paul. His machine gun picking blew me away and i had to get it. Took me so many hours....
    thanks

My two biggest influences were gilbert and Jason Becker. I took pauls chops and my writing style/note choices was more like becker.
    At GIT i listened to a lot tho. I found kiko from Angra there, had a group lesson with him then picked up an Angra album afterwards and was blown away. All the typical guys really, malmsteen, guthrie, moore, macalpine etc
    Andreas Oberg did a lesson there once and made me want to quit. Saw a chit ton of insane players over that year.
    -Guitar Shredders Crew-
    -BRZ club-

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    gilbert and Jason Becker

kiko from Angra

malmsteen, guthrie, moore, macalpine etc
    Big fan of all of them. I feel pretty fortunate to have gotten into guitar when they were all making their mark and were on the cover of guitar magazines.

In other news I just heard Tom Quayle now has his own signature Ibanez. Great player, great guy. Very happy for him. Ditto for Martin Miller.

I'd be interested to hear from everyone here on what their own signature guitar would look like.

BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Big fan of all of them. I feel pretty fortunate to have gotten into guitar when they were all making their mark and were on the cover of guitar magazines.

In other news I just heard Tom Quayle now has his own signature Ibanez. Great player, great guy. Very happy for him. Ditto for Martin Miller.

I'd be interested to hear from everyone here on what their own signature guitar would look like.
    Ive mocked it up before, it would be the the big Trex skeleton from Jurassic park logo on a red guitar
    -Guitar Shredders Crew-
    -BRZ club-

rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Imo, Tom Quayle and Martin Miller destroy any standard shredder. Standard shredders (like myself) tend to play really linear lines, 3-4 note per string patterns, tons of sequences, and "safe" scales. quayle and miller have the fusion-shred where they're incorporating challenging jazz and fusion lines into their shred.
    Other players like that are Frank Gambale and the late, great Allan Holdsworth.

I love "standard" shredders like paul gilbert, malmsteen, govan, eric johnson, loomis and emulate them but the players that really wow and mystify me are the jazz/fusion shredders. I don't even try to learn a lot of their lines.

deadhead6391 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) deadhead6391 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) deadhead6391 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) deadhead6391 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) deadhead6391 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) deadhead6391 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) deadhead6391 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) deadhead6391 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) deadhead6391 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) deadhead6391 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) deadhead6391 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1539621491

I posted up that Loomis cover. Theres some dumb mistakes here and there but i hit all of the major parts at least.

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz

This is my signature guitar

lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

omg_otters is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) omg_otters is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) omg_otters is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) omg_otters is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) omg_otters is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) omg_otters is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) omg_otters is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) omg_otters is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) omg_otters is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) omg_otters is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) omg_otters is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thought I'd share with the Misc my latest guitar purchase, a Sitka spruce/EIR Lowden made in Downpatrick, Northern Ireland.

It's about as new as a guitar can be - I bought it on 30 December 2017, the day after it arrived in the shop, but the warranty card and spec sheet list the date as 4 January 2018 (it shipped out to the shop earlier than planned). If it's true what they say - that an acoustic will never look as good, or sound as bad, as when it's brand new - then I'm happy it sounds fantastic and already has that characteristically full Lowden "bloom". I'm going to enjoy hearing it open up over the next few years. Specifically looking to use it for more DADGAD playing.

As for my ideal signature guitar, at the moment it would look similar to this Lowden, possibly with an ebony or flame maple bevel... for aesthetic reasons I'd keep the pinless bridge, although that would probably be ebony too. Maybe with a very pale white Italian Alpine spruce top.

If I had to pick an electric, it would be a Huber Krautster II, natural finish with some sort of vintage toner applied, ebony fretboard and black pickguard + hardware. Hnnggg.

Lowden:

Krautster II:
    [QUOTE=mrawdtsi]seriously, the best username in the misc. srs. lol every time....[/QUOTE]
    [QUOTE=MyBodyIsRdy420]your username is sofa king cool.[/QUOTE]

squat/bench/deadlift - 480/286/572

Originally Posted by omg_otters View Post
    Thought I'd share with the Misc my latest guitar purchase, a Sitka spruce/EIR Lowden made in Downpatrick, Northern Ireland.

It's about as new as a guitar can be - I bought it on 30 December 2017, the day after it arrived in the shop, but the warranty card and spec sheet list the date as 4 January 2018 (it shipped out to the shop earlier than planned). If it's true what they say - that an acoustic will never look as good, or sound as bad, as when it's brand new - then I'm happy it sounds fantastic and already has that characteristically full Lowden "bloom". I'm going to enjoy hearing it open up over the next few years. Specifically looking to use it for more DADGAD playing.

As for my ideal signature guitar, at the moment it would look similar to this Lowden, possibly with an ebony or flame maple bevel... for aesthetic reasons I'd keep the pinless bridge, although that would probably be ebony too. Maybe with a very pale white Italian Alpine spruce top.

If I had to pick an electric, it would be a Huber Krautster II, natural finish with some sort of vintage toner applied, ebony fretboard and black pickguard + hardware. Hnnggg.

Lowden:

Krautster II:
    I f*cking love Lowdens

Originally Posted by deadhead6391 View Post
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1539621491

I posted up that Loomis cover. Theres some dumb mistakes here and there but i hit all of the major parts at least.
    If you're gonna have dem sweet chops you should do yourself a favour and get a decent recording set up. DI and amp simulator or something. I recommend anything audio interface by apogee if you're on Mac

Would rep but think I already did for another post
    -Guitar Shredders Crew-
    -BRZ club-

Originally Posted by rollerball View Post
    Imo, Tom Quayle and Martin Miller destroy any standard shredder. Standard shredders (like myself) tend to play really linear lines, 3-4 note per string patterns, tons of sequences, and "safe" scales. quayle and miller have the fusion-shred where they're incorporating challenging jazz and fusion lines into their shred.
    Other players like that are Frank Gambale and the late, great Allan Holdsworth.

I love "standard" shredders like paul gilbert, malmsteen, govan, eric johnson, loomis and emulate them but the players that really wow and mystify me are the jazz/fusion shredders. I don't even try to learn a lot of their lines.
    Those fusion players leave me in awe with their playing. However I can never get into Thiet actual music that much. I would steal lick off frank gambale all day, but listen to his albums for pleasure, not so much. Not for me anyway.
    -Guitar Shredders Crew-
    -BRZ club-

deadhead6391 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) deadhead6391 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) deadhead6391 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) deadhead6391 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) deadhead6391 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) deadhead6391 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) deadhead6391 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) deadhead6391 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) deadhead6391 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) deadhead6391 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) deadhead6391 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    If you're gonna have dem sweet chops you should do yourself a favour and get a decent recording set up. DI and amp simulator or something. I recommend anything audio interface by apogee if you're on Mac

Would rep but think I already did for another post
    Yeah i plan on it soon. My computer fried so i do everything on mobile til i build a new one. Im using a budget replacement phone right now lol. No real software to speak of at the moment. Ill look into those.

z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) z4v4 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Native Instruments Guitar Rig for Mac or pc. It's $200 and they have a half off sale every year (damn spammers). I've got two amp rigs that I spent about $15K on. I'm never tempted to take either one home - just use Guitar Rig.

Those fusion players leave me in awe with their playing. However I can never get into Thiet actual music that much. I would steal lick off frank gambale all day, but listen to his albums for pleasure, not so much. Not for me anyway.
    Completely understandable. Many of those fusion compositions are merely vehicles for improvisation and improvisation itself will always be hit and miss. Whereas with the music of those guitarists you mentioned it's all heavily worked out with interesting harmonized melodic lines, arpeggios that sound melodic and follow the chord progression, and overall the solos build nicely because it's all structured.

Completely understandable. Many of those fusion compositions are merely vehicles for improvisation and improvisation itself will always be hit and miss. Whereas with the music of those guitarists you mentioned it's all heavily worked out with interesting harmonized melodic lines, arpeggios that sound melodic and follow the chord progression, and overall the solos build nicely because it's all structured.
    Yeah that makes sense because I really love Bach. He's Taking structure to the extreme.

Where in Aus are you?
    Last edited by BetaThanU; 01-06-2018 at 01:01 AM.
    -Guitar Shredders Crew-
    -BRZ club-

Yeah when it comes to fusion I'm listening for the hot licks. I'm not putting it on in the background just to chill and socialize to.

Where in Aus are you?
    Brisbane.

Yeah when it comes to fusion I'm listening for the hot licks. I'm not putting it on in the background just to chill and socialize to.
    Greg Howe's Extraction is a bit more accessible and I don't need much of an excuse to listen to Dennis Chambers. Holdsworth's Proto Cosmos @ 24:50. Obviously Greg's not on Allan's level but then none of those Shrapnel guys were. Ditto for Frank Gambale.

Speaking of signature guitars this is the closest I'll get to my own. JS body is the most comfortable I've played and it's a very resonant 24 year old slab of basswood. No idea why Satriani still favors a 9.5" radius and it's a bit misleading for buyers who aren't aware he has his tech flatten out the upper frets to around 12" for big bends with a low action. 16" radius is vastly superior and I wish I'd made the change years ago — it perfectly matches the bridge and nut. Paired with a fat neck it's perfect for me.

A lot of people would be surprised to know how much of the tone with a bolt-on is in the neck. I can confirm since I used the same body and rig. Big difference. Anyway it's always a bit daunting drilling into something you waited months for that you can fck up in a few seconds but it worked out well.

harmsxwhey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) harmsxwhey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) harmsxwhey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) harmsxwhey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) harmsxwhey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) harmsxwhey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) harmsxwhey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) harmsxwhey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) harmsxwhey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) harmsxwhey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) harmsxwhey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Anyone else stoked to see all the new gear they can't afford when NAMM kicks off?!
    |USAF K9 Crew|
    |Patriarch Crew|
    |Garage Gym Crew|

Squat: 475 (sleeves)
    Bench: 305
    Deadlift: 485
    Snatch: 195
    C&J: 245

Originally Posted by harmsxwhey View Post
    Anyone else stoked to see all the new gear they can't afford when NAMM kicks off?!
    Every year man lol. At least hopefully soon ill be able to buy some of it for once.

Started working on Concerto by Cacophony yesterday and im about half way through. Extremely fun song to play. Not super hard but they use a lot of patterns im not used to so its kind of forcing me to do things a little different. Probably my favorite shred song just because of beautifully written it is.

Brisbane.

Greg Howe's Extraction is a bit more accessible and I don't need much of an excuse to listen to Dennis Chambers. Holdsworth's Proto Cosmos @ 24:50. Obviously Greg's not on Allan's level but then none of those Shrapnel guys were. Ditto for Frank Gambale.

Speaking of signature guitars this is the closest I'll get to my own. JS body is the most comfortable I've played and it's a very resonant 24 year old slab of basswood. No idea why Satriani still favors a 9.5" radius and it's a bit misleading for buyers who aren't aware he has his tech flatten out the upper frets to around 12" for big bends with a low action. 16" radius is vastly superior and I wish I'd made the change years ago — it perfectly matches the bridge and nut. Paired with a fat neck it's perfect for me.

A lot of people would be surprised to know how much of the tone with a bolt-on is in the neck. I can confirm since I used the same body and rig. Big difference. Anyway it's always a bit daunting drilling into something you waited months for that you can fck up in a few seconds but it worked out well.
    Listening to the howe in the background, he always seemed a bit more musical to me as one of the 80s shredders but dude, that guitar looks dope with that neck. I'm impressed you're so confident in drilling holes in it as I'm too chickensh*t to do any stuff like that.
    That neck with that body must be a really ergonomically pleasing playing experience.

Originally Posted by harmsxwhey View Post
    Lol I got in NAMM a couple years ago and loved it. Ran into CHON and sh*t. It was cool see all the prototype gear. It reminds me of going to a car show and seeing the concept cars.

Penz0rman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penz0rman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penz0rman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penz0rman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penz0rman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penz0rman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penz0rman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penz0rman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penz0rman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penz0rman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penz0rman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    So I've recently gotten back into guitar. Took lessons for a few years as a kid and played on a squier for a few years in college but never really got good. Anyway I picked up a cheap Epiphone special I awhile back and have been practicing a few hours a day recently. My question is, at what point do you step up from a beginner's guitar like this one? It definitely plays like a lower end guitar but I am curious at what point it would be worth it to step up to something better like a MIM strat or PRS SE, ibanez RG etc etc.

And also what guitar you guys would recommend in the $400-700 range for someone playing metal.
    Buy Bitcoin

Real M.D. Crew

Originally Posted by Penz0rman View Post
    So I've recently gotten back into guitar. Took lessons for a few years as a kid and played on a squier for a few years in college but never really got good. Anyway I picked up a cheap Epiphone special I awhile back and have been practicing a few hours a day recently. My question is, at what point do you step up from a beginner's guitar like this one? It definitely plays like a lower end guitar but I am curious at what point it would be worth it to step up to something better like a MIM strat or PRS SE, ibanez RG etc etc.

And also what guitar you guys would recommend in the $400-700 range for someone playing metal.
    If you can afford it and you're legit interested in learning guitar then I would get something decent. When guitars are too cheap they have issues that a beginner may have difficulty in determining whether the problem is their technique or the guitar itself.
    I think $400-$700 is a great range for a quality guitar that will serve you well.
    I'd look into schecter, ibanez, washburn, brands like that for metal.

omg_otters is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) omg_otters is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) omg_otters is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) omg_otters is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) omg_otters is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) omg_otters is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) omg_otters is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) omg_otters is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) omg_otters is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) omg_otters is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) omg_otters is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I'd always say to play the nicest guitar you can afford - don't wait to feel you're "worthy" of a decent guitar. It may sound obvious but nice guitars are just nicer to play; they feel better, sound better (typically having better components and a more hands-on manufacturing process than beginner guitars) and they usually look better too. So I wouldn't worry about what others might think of you playing a guitar you're not "good enough" for. There's no such thing. FWIW I've played some $10k+ acoustics that have made me reevaluate my life, lol.

Also, if you have a nice guitar that you enjoy playing and you like the sound of, you'll find yourself playing more often. Plus guitar shopping is awesome and will teach you a lot about what you're looking for; don't rush and buy the first thing you try (and make sure you try the guitars in person).
    [QUOTE=mrawdtsi]seriously, the best username in the misc. srs. lol every time....[/QUOTE]
    [QUOTE=MyBodyIsRdy420]your username is sofa king cool.[/QUOTE]

squat/bench/deadlift - 480/286/572

Penz0rman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penz0rman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penz0rman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penz0rman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penz0rman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penz0rman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penz0rman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penz0rman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penz0rman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penz0rman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penz0rman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'd always say to play the nicest guitar you can afford - don't wait to feel you're "worthy" of a decent guitar. It may sound obvious but nice guitars are just nicer to play; they feel better, sound better (typically having better components and a more hands-on manufacturing process than beginner guitars) and they usually look better too. So I wouldn't worry about what others might think of you playing a guitar you're not "good enough" for. There's no such thing. FWIW I've played some $10k+ acoustics that have made me reevaluate my life, lol.

Also, if you have a nice guitar that you enjoy playing and you like the sound of, you'll find yourself playing more often. Plus guitar shopping is awesome and will teach you a lot about what you're looking for; don't rush and buy the first thing you try (and make sure you try the guitars in person).
    Thanks for the advice. That is exactly my feeling, I suck now so I need to get to X skill level before I can use a better axe. At what price point can you get a guitar that wont need to be replaced ever because of quality? Any specific recommendations for me to research? There is a guitar center not too far from where I live but I don't even know where to start.
    Buy Bitcoin

Real M.D. Crew

I would get like an rg 550 off eBay for cheap
    -Guitar Shredders Crew-
    -BRZ club-

Also, if you have a nice guitar that you enjoy playing and you like the sound of, you'll find yourself playing more often.
    Good advice. People piss away their money on all sorts of crap on the daily so saving up for a nice guitar regardless of skill level shouldn't be discouraged.

Listening to the howe in the background, he always seemed a bit more musical to me as one of the 80s shredders but dude, that guitar looks dope with that neck. I'm impressed you're so confident in drilling holes in it as I'm too chickensh*t to do any stuff like that.
    That neck with that body must be a really ergonomically pleasing playing experience.
    Appreciate it. With an S style body I think a 3+3 headstock works when it's asymmetric. It agrees with my eyes anyway. Knowing how easily you can fuk up a $400 neck in a few seconds will make you sweat but the key is measuring and marking everything carefully.

Opted against a locking nut retainer bar once I realized only the D and G strings went slightly sharp locking down the nut and it's a 5 second adjustment with the fine tuners about once a week. Easy decision. I always hated feeding strings under them and scratching the headstock not to mention it looks better without it.

re: ergonomically pleasing, stainless steel frets make a big difference. Bending feels a lot easier especially without a small radius to choke the strings. Unfinished roasted maple just ices the cake.

iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Andreas Oberg did a lesson there once and made me want to quit. Saw a chit ton of insane players over that year.
    Oberg is a god. Would kill to see a masterclass by him
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***
    It is the power of the mind to be unconquerable

re: ergonomically pleasing, stainless steel frets make a big difference. Bending feels a lot easier especially without a small radius to choke the strings. Unfinished roasted maple just ices the cake.
    My MIJ 90s Ibanez RG 550 has been outfitted with stainless steel frets and bending/vibrato is a dream on that fretboard. I wish all my guitars had stainless steel frets.
    Last edited by rollerball; 01-07-2018 at 08:20 PM.

Originally Posted by iTzDevo View Post
    Oberg is a god. Would kill to see a masterclass by him
    If I were to start playing guitar again that's basiclly who I would model myself off, but in a more electric context. One of the best guitarists out there period
    -Guitar Shredders Crew-
    -BRZ club-

Closed Thread
Page 223 of 336 FirstFirst ... 123 173 213 221 222 223 224 225 233 273 323 ... LastLast