Closed Thread
Page 200 of 336 FirstFirst ... 100 150 190 198 199 200 201 202 210 250 300 ... LastLast
Results 5,971 to 6,000 of 10051
    Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Any tips on how to break out from being a beginner guitar player and transitioning into intermediate? I play lots, but don't feel like I'm where I should be after a year of playing. I can play all the chords, some riffs, I know scales. I just don't feel like I can pick up the guitar and play something that sounds great. Was there something you guys started working on that made you better? what kind of practice routine should I have? I feel like I usually practice the same stuff over and over.

CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Anyone else release their music? I got a new album dropping tomorrow. Tons of guitar wizardry.

https://scythesaga.bandcamp.com/albu...awn-of-paragon

Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ^^^ teach me

iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Bondons View Post
    Any tips on how to break out from being a beginner guitar player and transitioning into intermediate? I play lots, but don't feel like I'm where I should be after a year of playing. I can play all the chords, some riffs, I know scales. I just don't feel like I can pick up the guitar and play something that sounds great. Was there something you guys started working on that made you better? what kind of practice routine should I have? I feel like I usually practice the same stuff over and over.
    There's no clearcut way to recognize when you've transitioned from beginner to intermediate to advanced to... etc. I think I speak for most of us when I say we (who have been playing for many years) still have days when we can't think of anything cool to play, especially when the pressure is suddenly on from a house guest or you decided to pick something up in the shop to try out. Very few players are always "on," so to speak.

Instead of focusing on arbitrary qualifications like beginner, intermediate, etc., just keep playing and trying new things. Listen to new music and then learn it, that's your best gauge of your current ability
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***
    It is the power of the mind to be unconquerable

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Great answer above.

Just to add to that I'd say it can help to structure your practice so you have specific goals rather than just jamming over the usual progressions or playing with a metronome. For example you might dedicate an hour to writing music. Of course ideas will come to you at any time and you might draw a blank when you try to force it, but you can at least spend time developing ideas. Whenever I have an idea I record it on my phone or loop pedal. It might not seem like much at the time but a few days later with fresh ears you might feel really inspired listening to it. So I guess the message there is don't let an idea pass. Always jot it down.

If the soloing isn't happening work on chord progressions and voicings. Take some chords you like and invert them. Include open strings where the key permits. Sometimes experimenting with an alternate tuning can unlock some great ideas. There's a reason why your favorite guitarists might have 10-15 guitars at a gig. It's not just for the sound. Some of them will be tuned for certain songs.

Learning theory doesn't have to be painful or boring and can spark a lot of creativity later on. It can help you understand why something you like sounds the way it does. I saw a video recently where that guy from Andertons was interviewing Ian Thornley and he was fapping over something that sounded exotic to him but couldn't explain what it was. It was just a simple lick in Mixolydian. Now there's nothing wrong with not knowing theory, all that matters is the end result and your ear can still take your there, but it can help guide you to where you want to go musically. Instead of sitting there for hours with trial and error it might only take you a few seconds.

Lastly listen to a lot of different music to broaden your horizons and give you some ideas that you can apply to the music you normally play. Look at someone like Alex Skolnick. Played for years in a thrash metal band but the guy spends a lot of time playing jazz and that's helped to separate him from the typical metal guitarist. Same goes for Marty Friedman. He listened to a lot of Eastern music and he found ways to apply that to metal. Joe Satriani has been mentioned here before. He's best known for instrumental rock but the guy can play almost anything. That comes from listening to and studying a lot of different styles of music.

tl;dr

Cliffs: there's always something to work on. And it doesn't matter how long you've been playing — there's always something to improve.

SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Don't have time to read the thread right now as I'm only on mobile, but I just picked it up again after years.

I remember a few chords, but can anyone recommend a good app that will help me learn or maybe a YouTube channel? I would appreciate it. I "learned" a few chords for a chick in like 2010 but was never fully committed, but I'd really think it'd be fun to learn for me. I'm really interested in chords etc, but I'm open to anything that will help!

Registered User RespectYourself's Avatar
    RespectYourself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RespectYourself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RespectYourself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RespectYourself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RespectYourself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RespectYourself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RespectYourself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RespectYourself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RespectYourself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RespectYourself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RespectYourself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Was trying to find a way to learn notes on the fretboard and came across this, found it hilarious and very helpful:

Time flies like an arrow; Fruit flies like a banana.

Originally Posted by Dominik View Post
    Great answer above.

Just to add to that I'd say it can help to structure your practice so you have specific goals rather than just jamming over the usual progressions or playing with a metronome. For example you might dedicate an hour to writing music. Of course ideas will come to you at any time and you might draw a blank when you try to force it, but you can at least spend time developing ideas. Whenever I have an idea I record it on my phone or loop pedal. It might not seem like much at the time but a few days later with fresh ears you might feel really inspired listening to it. So I guess the message there is don't let an idea pass. Always jot it down.

If the soloing isn't happening work on chord progressions and voicings. Take some chords you like and invert them. Include open strings where the key permits. Sometimes experimenting with an alternate tuning can unlock some great ideas. There's a reason why your favorite guitarists might have 10-15 guitars at a gig. It's not just for the sound. Some of them will be tuned for certain songs.

Learning theory doesn't have to be painful or boring and can spark a lot of creativity later on. It can help you understand why something you like sounds the way it does. I saw a video recently where that guy from Andertons was interviewing Ian Thornley and he was fapping over something that sounded exotic to him but couldn't explain what it was. It was just a simple lick in Mixolydian. Now there's nothing wrong with not knowing theory, all that matters is the end result and your ear can still take your there, but it can help guide you to where you want to go musically. Instead of sitting there for hours with trial and error it might only take you a few seconds.

Lastly listen to a lot of different music to broaden your horizons and give you some ideas that you can apply to the music you normally play. Look at someone like Alex Skolnick. Played for years in a thrash metal band but the guy spends a lot of time playing jazz and that's helped to separate him from the typical metal guitarist. Same goes for Marty Friedman. He listened to a lot of Eastern music and he found ways to apply that to metal. Joe Satriani has been mentioned here before. He's best known for instrumental rock but the guy can play almost anything. That comes from listening to and studying a lot of different styles of music.

tl;dr

Cliffs: there's always something to work on. And it doesn't matter how long you've been playing — there's always something to improve.
    Thanks for the reply. I have started a lot of what your suggesting recently, especially broadening my horizon on what I listen to. And also last night I decided to structure out my practice every day and write down what I'm going to work on. That way I don't pick up the guitar with no direction and just mess around for 30 minutes and accomplish nothing.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Thanks for the reply. I have started a lot of what your suggesting recently, especially broadening my horizon on what I listen to. And also last night I decided to structure out my practice every day and write down what I'm going to work on. That way I don't pick up the guitar with no direction and just mess around for 30 minutes and accomplish nothing.
    Solid plan. Just curious, do you have a loop pedal? I think they're probably the best practice tool.

Sitting down to record something on the computer can sometimes take you out of the moment but with a loop pedal you can quickly develop an idea and then immediately put the guitar down and sit there or walk around the room listening as it loops. Forcing yourself to record something will also improve your playing because you'll zero in on finer details trying to nail the perfect take.

KyBrah32 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KyBrah32 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KyBrah32 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KyBrah32 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KyBrah32 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KyBrah32 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KyBrah32 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KyBrah32 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KyBrah32 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KyBrah32 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KyBrah32 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by SSM12 View Post
    Don't have time to read the thread right now as I'm only on mobile, but I just picked it up again after years.

I remember a few chords, but can anyone recommend a good app that will help me learn or maybe a YouTube channel? I would appreciate it. I "learned" a few chords for a chick in like 2010 but was never fully committed, but I'd really think it'd be fun to learn for me. I'm really interested in chords etc, but I'm open to anything that will help!
    Yousician is a phenomenal app that gives real time feedback and lesson plans im not sure how much free content is available but if you plan on practicing consistently and taking it serious the subscription is definitely worth it imo
    “Gotta have opposites, light and dark and dark and light, in painting. It’s like in life. Gotta have a little sadness once in awhile so you know when the good times come" - Bob Ross

Solid plan. Just curious, do you have a loop pedal? I think they're probably the best practice tool.

Sitting down to record something on the computer can sometimes take you out of the moment but with a loop pedal you can quickly develop an idea and then immediately put the guitar down and sit there or walk around the room listening as it loops. Forcing yourself to record something will also improve your playing because you'll zero in on finer details trying to nail the perfect take.
    Yup I got one recently. To practice improving I started looping G > C > Em chords (i believe) and try using G major scale on top.

SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by KyBrah32 View Post
    Yousician is a phenomenal app that gives real time feedback and lesson plans im not sure how much free content is available but if you plan on practicing consistently and taking it serious the subscription is definitely worth it imo
    Repped. Ill check it out. I have an acoustic, will my phone pick up the sound or do I need to plug it into an amp etc?

KyBrah32 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KyBrah32 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KyBrah32 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KyBrah32 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KyBrah32 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KyBrah32 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KyBrah32 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KyBrah32 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KyBrah32 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KyBrah32 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KyBrah32 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by SSM12 View Post
    Repped. Ill check it out. I have an acoustic, will my phone pick up the sound or do I need to plug it into an amp etc?
    your phone should be able to pick it up ok w/o an amp
    “Gotta have opposites, light and dark and dark and light, in painting. It’s like in life. Gotta have a little sadness once in awhile so you know when the good times come" - Bob Ross

Originally Posted by KyBrah32 View Post
    your phone should be able to pick it up ok w/o an amp
    Thanks brah!

BuddyBoyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuddyBoyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuddyBoyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuddyBoyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuddyBoyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuddyBoyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuddyBoyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuddyBoyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuddyBoyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuddyBoyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuddyBoyo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What's an acceptable amount of neckdive on a guitar?

I have a Rhoads bolt on, and I'm absolutely fuming. I can start with the guitar in a classical position when standing, pointing up, and within about 30 seconds of playing the guitar neck will end up pointing horizontal by my waist as it will fall when I do chord changes where I have to move around the neck and take my hand off the neck momentarily. It makes it impossible to play, because my long fingers end up muting things that I dont want when the guitar is not pointing to the sky.

iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iTzDevo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BuddyBoyo View Post
    What's an acceptable amount of neckdive on a guitar?

I have a Rhoads bolt on, and I'm absolutely fuming. I can start with the guitar in a classical position when standing, pointing up, and within about 30 seconds of playing the guitar neck will end up pointing horizontal by my waist as it will fall when I do chord changes where I have to move around the neck and take my hand off the neck momentarily. It makes it impossible to play, because my long fingers end up muting things that I dont want when the guitar is not pointing to the sky.
    I think you know that's way too much. Sounds like a very poorly balanced guitar
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***

BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Learn songs from start to finish
    -Guitar Shredders Crew-
    -BRZ club-

Originally Posted by BetaThanU View Post
    Learn songs from start to finish
    Yeah thats a big problem I have. I just learn one part of a song and move on. Any songs anyone recommends that are fun to play but also relatively challenging for a beginner?

Yeah thats a big problem I have. I just learn one part of a song and move on. Any songs anyone recommends that are fun to play but also relatively challenging for a beginner?
    Play songs that you like, not what others recommend. If they're too hard, find a teacher to help or use youtube tutorials to tackle techniques like slides, bending (in tune), and tapping. Work slowly to develop those techniques if the song employs them and work your way towards finishing the song. That's the progression I worked through when I started learning to play jazz. I picked a tune, focused on things like phrasing and learning which interval leaps sound "jazzy," began to memorize all of my 7 chord shapes, and eventually started putting tunes together.
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***

Originally Posted by iTzDevo View Post
    Play songs that you like, not what others recommend. If they're too hard, find a teacher to help or use youtube tutorials to tackle techniques like slides, bending (in tune), and tapping. Work slowly to develop those techniques if the song employs them and work your way towards finishing the song. That's the progression I worked through when I started learning to play jazz. I picked a tune, focused on things like phrasing and learning which interval leaps sound "jazzy," began to memorize all of my 7 chord shapes, and eventually started putting tunes together.
    alright thanks m8

Also another question for you guys lol

Recently when I use my amp, and i switch my guitar to either neck or middle switch, it buzzes super loud. Like so loud its just not able to be used in that position. Is it an issue with the guitar/amp or maybe where I have the amp placed? Its on top of a dresser

Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Bondons....

Here's my opinion:

Pick songs that you like that have a more complicated chord structure using chords your aren't familiar.
    One must go outside the box of one's comfort zone to improve.
    By a song book of a band you like....learn the chords, play along with the song....and actually finish the song all the way through.
    Do it until your accomplished at it.
    It get easier as time goes on.

Decades ago I was in the same situations just like everyone else.
    So...I have many song song books of bands I respect even though I may not gravitate to every song they've written.
    IE: Steely Dan Complete, Beatles Complete, Doobie Brothers, Eagles and others.
    Maybe even buy the sheet music here: http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/
    I've bought several from them and it's not hard on the wallet.

Good luck....carry on.
    Last edited by Wayne Evans; 03-31-2017 at 08:12 AM.
    USMC: 1965-1969
    Original music:
    https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandID=897733
    https://soundcloud.com/chulaivet1966
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/chulaivet/videos

Just an old guy trying to keep up his rhythm chops.
    "One persons perception of good music can be another persons definition of noise"

^^^ great reply thank you

Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ^^^ great reply thank you
    You're quite welcome.

But, I forgot to mention what I consider to be an imperative.....buy a chord book!
    If a song you're working on requires a dmin9 to a G13 change the chord book will provide various positions on the neck where one can play them.
    Make your fingers get it done by focused repetition.
    You must train your brain and fingers to get accustomed to a myriad of chordal positions and voicings.

Don't be intimidated by any chord you aren't familiar with.

Back to it....
    Original music:

"One persons perception of good music can be another persons definition of noise"

Also another question for you guys lol

Recently when I use my amp, and i switch my guitar to either neck or middle switch, it buzzes super loud. Like so loud its just not able to be used in that position. Is it an issue with the guitar/amp or maybe where I have the amp placed? Its on top of a dresser
    What kind of guitar is it? If there's a single coil in the neck and a humbucker in the bridge then that would explain the noise difference especially if there are fluorescent lights close by.

Does your guitar have a pickguard? You could check the shielding under there. The control cavity should also be shielded properly as well including the cavity cover. Assuming there is copper foil, aluminum foil, or conductive paint, you can then test for continuity with a pocket multimeter.

Over time conductive paint applied at the factory can stop working. I recently encountered this with my guitar. Ground wires can also come loose not to mention many guitars out there have been the victim of very poor soldering jobs.

Originally Posted by Wayne Evans View Post
    You're quite welcome.

But, I forgot to mention what I consider to be an imperative.....buy a chord book!
    If a song you're working on requires a dmin9 to a G13 change the chord book will provide various positions on the neck where one can play them.
    Make your fingers get it done by focused repetition.
    You must train your brain and fingers to get accustomed to a myriad of chordal positions and voicings.

Don't be intimidated by any chord you aren't familiar with.

Back to it....
    awesome got it. will do

awesome got it. will do
    Also....if you're tasking yourself with a difficult song don't forget YT has a shvtload of tutorials.
    So....there's songbooks, chord books, sheet music, YT tutorials, your sense of determination....and, this thread to get you up to snuff on what you're trying to accomplish.
    You're not going to get accomplished overnight.
    Focus, perseverance, determination over time....similar to weight lifting.

Back to it....
    Original music:

What kind of guitar is it? If there's a single coil in the neck and a humbucker in the bridge then that would explain the noise difference especially if there are fluorescent lights close by.

Does your guitar have a pickguard? You could check the shielding under there. The control cavity should also be shielded properly as well including the cavity cover. Assuming there is copper foil, aluminum foil, or conductive paint, you can then test for continuity with a pocket multimeter.

Over time conductive paint applied at the factory can stop working. I recently encountered this with my guitar. Ground wires can also come loose not to mention many guitars out there have been the victim of very poor soldering jobs.
    I have a squeir strat. it was part of a kit that came with the amp. luckily they are under warranty if i can't figure it out

Originally Posted by Wayne Evans View Post
    Also....if you're tasking yourself with a difficult song don't forget YT has a shvtload of tutorials.
    So....there's songbooks, chord books, sheet music, YT tutorials, your sense of determination....and, this thread to get you up to snuff on what you're trying to accomplish.
    You're not going to get accomplished overnight.
    Focus, perseverance, determination over time....similar to weight lifting.

Back to it....
    Yep Marty Music is my go to lol

alenahr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Where's the source to get some Backing Tracks? I want to practice some... Youtube selection is okay but Dont have computer in room, need to download them.

CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrimsonSteel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ^^^ teach me
    Well what kind of gear do you have now for recording? Start there, the basics. I'll give you some advice breh.

To get started...

- Decent computer. (I need a high performance desktop, that track I uploaded has a full brass section, string section, woodwinds, synths, multiple guitars, bass, drums, etc. This can be quite heavy on CPU)
    - Instruments. (Guitar, of course, considering the thread. But teach yourself keyboard, it's essential.)
    - Studio monitors w/ monitor cables.
    - Audio interface.
    - DAW software. (Easy to pirate, but I paid for Ableton and the amount I'm able to get done on a legit, purchased DAW is insane compared to the excessive crashes and freezing associated with cracks.)

Probably $500 - $1000 budget.

Closed Thread
Page 200 of 336 FirstFirst ... 100 150 190 198 199 200 201 202 210 250 300 ... LastLast