Closed Thread
Page 105 of 336 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 155 205 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,150 of 10051
    ddollar is just really nice. (+1000) ddollar is just really nice. (+1000) ddollar is just really nice. (+1000) ddollar is just really nice. (+1000) ddollar is just really nice. (+1000) ddollar is just really nice. (+1000) ddollar is just really nice. (+1000) ddollar is just really nice. (+1000) ddollar is just really nice. (+1000) ddollar is just really nice. (+1000) ddollar is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by An hero View Post
    I don't really see why you would move while holding down the barre. If you're moving between chords all you have to do is lightly touch the strings to mute them
    I think I wrote that wrong I meant moving from G to B flat to C etc, I cant get the chords to ring out correctly all the time.

vin_nz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vin_nz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vin_nz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vin_nz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vin_nz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vin_nz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vin_nz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vin_nz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vin_nz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vin_nz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vin_nz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Some recordings i've done lately..

Just cut a little cover of Freddie King's San Ho Zay with the trio.. check it out and tell me what you think :] - http://www.myspace.com/lazyfreddie

and a little slow blues for the late Sean Costello - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0q7T...layer_embedded

piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by vin_nz View Post

Just cut a little cover of Freddie King's San Ho Zay with the trio.. check it out and tell me what you think :] - http://www.myspace.com/lazyfreddie

and a little slow blues for the late Sean Costello - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0q7T...layer_embedded
    That was pretty good man, I'm not really into blues and wasn't expecting much from this but I like it. GJDM.

Here's my cover of Iron Maiden's The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner.
    My favourite song, and I haven't seen many covers online. Made loads of mistakes but had fun making the vid. This is the first take, solo is improvised.
    Workout journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=116712111

NOTHING is sacred.

"BUT... it's way too easy to get caught up in all this ****ing minutia- like the kids on the Teen forums who won't eat regular peanut butter because it has 4g of sugar or whatever, ATG nazis, obsessing about every part of training, etc. Simplicity works." -101CavGrunt

An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by vin_nz View Post

That's good stuff. But all your songs are just jams, and it seems like you're trying way too hard to be a blues purist

You can play blues like this you know:

I'm sure you will hate it but at least he's doing something original with a blues standard (hell I could have used the original version to make the same point honestly)

IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by piszczel View Post
    That was pretty good man, I'm not really into blues and wasn't expecting much from this but I like it. GJDM.

Here's my cover of Iron Maiden's The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner.
    My favourite song, and I haven't seen many covers online. Made loads of mistakes but had fun making the vid. This is the first take, solo is improvised.
    Nice guitar mang.
    "The road to salvation is through Christ"

Luke 1:74
    to rescue us from the hand of our enemies, and to enable us to serve him without fear

^Love is the power of the righteousness life that overcomes the fear that leads to sin, and the life in which God is pleased.

piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by IntensityX View Post
    Nice guitar mang.
    One thing I don't like about it is that it's a baby version, so the body is 3/4 size. Combine that with the fact that I'm slightly larger than the average person and it looks tiny lol. Good guitar though, I'm so happy that I bought this instead of some ****ty squier for my first.

NOTHING is sacred.

"BUT... it's way too easy to get caught up in all this ****ing minutia- like the kids on the Teen forums who won't eat regular peanut butter because it has 4g of sugar or whatever, ATG nazis, obsessing about every part of training, etc. Simplicity works." -101CavGrunt

Btw what do people think of my improv solo? I'm trying to improve my improv skills a lot, I hate playing everything note for note.

NOTHING is sacred.

AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntoineDufour is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ewan dobson is so nasty at guitar....

4:15 on new song not on his old album

how he comes up with songs like this is beyond me...amazing player

PhrygianLydian is just really nice. (+1000) PhrygianLydian is just really nice. (+1000) PhrygianLydian is just really nice. (+1000) PhrygianLydian is just really nice. (+1000) PhrygianLydian is just really nice. (+1000) PhrygianLydian is just really nice. (+1000) PhrygianLydian is just really nice. (+1000) PhrygianLydian is just really nice. (+1000) PhrygianLydian is just really nice. (+1000) PhrygianLydian is just really nice. (+1000) PhrygianLydian is just really nice. (+1000)
    Probably most of you have seen this but dat tapping is ridiculous

Originally Posted by PhrygianLydian View Post

That is pretty ridocolous. That guy can shred.
    Personally I don't really like tapping as a technique. To me, it just feels like a cheap way to play fast, anyone could do it. Obviously this guy can play fast anyway.
    It can sound pretty good at times, but it's not for me.

NOTHING is sacred.

An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000)

yawn

That is pretty ridocolous. That guy can shred.
    Personally I don't really like tapping as a technique. To me, it just feels like a cheap way to play fast, anyone could do it. Obviously this guy can play fast anyway.
    It can sound pretty good at times, but it's not for me.
    Tapping is just a technique that lets you play notes that your left hand can't reach. That's all there is to it. It has nothing to do with playing fast

yawn

Tapping is just a technique that lets you play notes that your left hand can't reach. That's all there is to it. It has nothing to do with playing fast
    I do know that, and it's somewhat useful for sweep tapping (I'm a huge fan of sweep arpeggios but too many people use it to make it sound like they're playing fast simply because they can't pick that fast.

While were on the subject of tapping, anyone else dislike Eddie Van Halen? All he seems to do is tapping. Most of his solos sound the same and boring. Eruption is only popular because of it's tapping section. He's not very versatile as a guitarist. I dunno, I just can't seem to appreciate him, despite thousands of people thinking he's a guitar god.

NOTHING is sacred.

I do know that, and it's somewhat useful for sweep tapping (I'm a huge fan of sweep arpeggios but too many people use it to make it sound like they're playing fast simply because they can't pick that fast.

While were on the subject of tapping, anyone else dislike Eddie Van Halen? All he seems to do is tapping. Most of his solos sound the same and boring. Eruption is only popular because of it's tapping section. He's not very versatile as a guitarist. I dunno, I just can't seem to appreciate him, despite thousands of people thinking he's a guitar god.
    Eddie Van Halen is one of the most revolutionary guitar players ever. All he can do is tap? Have you even listened to a Van Halen album?

Eddie Van Halen is one of the most revolutionary guitar players ever. All he can do is tap? Have you even listened to a Van Halen album?
    All I really know about him is that he popularised tapping. I've listened to a few songs, and I was talking about his solos not rhythm playing or anything. His uses tapping almost everywhere.

NOTHING is sacred.

All I really know about him is that he popularised tapping. I've listened to a few songs, and I was talking about his solos not rhythm playing or anything. His uses tapping almost everywhere.
    No he doesn't. pls go

I agree that he's not a versatile player at all, but it doesn't matter because he revolutionized rock music. Chuck Berry isn't a versatile guitar player either, doesn't mean he isn't one of the greatest musicians of all time

PhrygianLydian is just really nice. (+1000) PhrygianLydian is just really nice. (+1000) PhrygianLydian is just really nice. (+1000) PhrygianLydian is just really nice. (+1000) PhrygianLydian is just really nice. (+1000) PhrygianLydian is just really nice. (+1000) PhrygianLydian is just really nice. (+1000) PhrygianLydian is just really nice. (+1000) PhrygianLydian is just really nice. (+1000) PhrygianLydian is just really nice. (+1000) PhrygianLydian is just really nice. (+1000)
    No he doesn't. pls go

I agree that he's not a versatile player at all, but it doesn't matter because he revolutionized rock music. Chuck Berry isn't a versatile guitar player either, doesn't mean he isn't one of the greatest musicians of all time
    You one of those dudes who's stuck on the blues based **** and thinks anything out of the last 20 years is too technical/not musical but also can't come close to playing any of it?

You one of those dudes who's stuck on the blues based **** and thinks anything out of the last 20 years is too technical/not musical but also can't come close to playing any of it?
    Nope, I just recognize revolutionary musicians when I see them

Nope, I just recognize revolutionary musicians when I see them
    Make a short list of your revolutionary players of the last 50-60 years plz

Make a short list of your revolutionary players of the last 50-60 years plz
    Burton, Berry, Hendrix, Blackmore, Townshend, Davies, Clapton (early on), Van Halen

edit: jesus can't believe I forgot Iommi

edit 2: also Alex Lifeson, and probably like Joe Strummer or Steve Jones, although they weren't innovative

Burton, Berry, Hendrix, Blackmore, Townshend, Davies, Clapton (early on), Van Halen
    Definitely agree with Hendrix, I'd put Uli Jon Roth on there instead of Blackmore, Townshend I can see, and Van Halen pretty much kick started the 80s. Everyone else to me is a typical blues player. To each their own though. I like alot of people from that era who never got huge like Danny Gatton, Roy Buchanan, and Shawn Lane. Even though his playing bores the **** out of me now I'd say Yngwie was revolutionary as well. There are a couple more recent players that I really like but I wouldn't call them revolutionary

edit: Iommi I'd also agree with, probably Robert Fripp too

Definitely agree with Hendrix, I'd put Uli Jon Roth on there instead of Blackmore, Townshend I can see, and Van Halen pretty much kick started the 80s. Everyone else to me is a typical blues player. To each their own though. I like alot of people from that era who never got huge like Danny Gatton, Roy Buchanan, and Shawn Lane. Even though his playing bores the **** out of me now I'd say Yngwie was revolutionary as well. There are a couple more recent players that I really like but I wouldn't call them revolutionary

edit: Iommi I'd also agree with, probably Robert Fripp too
    Uli is awesome but I put Blackmore ahead of him because he was around longer and was way more popular. I agree that Clapton is a typical blues player, but when he was in Cream he was a pioneer.

I like Yngwie too, but the number of people who try to emulate Yngwie Malmsteen is dwarfed by the number of people who try to imitate those other guys

James Burton and Chuck Berry practically invented guitar music, so I had to have them on there

Uli is awesome but I put Blackmore ahead of him because he was around longer and was way more popular. I agree that Clapton is a typical blues player, but when he was in Cream he was a pioneer.

I like Yngwie too, but the number of people who try to emulate Yngwie Malmsteen is dwarfed by the number of people who try to imitate those other guys

James Burton and Chuck Berry practically invented guitar music, so I had to have them on there
    I'm waiting for the next big thing in guitar. I honestly think Jason Becker could've been it if he hadn't gotten ALS

I'm waiting for the next big thing in guitar. I honestly think Jason Becker could've been it if he hadn't gotten ALS
    There are still plenty of innovative players around, that's what's great about the guitar. I don't really like them that much, but the Candyrat dudes that that one guy keeps posting in this thread are pretty incredible. You wouldn't see anything like that 10-20 years ago. But I wouldn't call them revolutionary because, well, nobody really cares about them. Kinda sad but most popular bands these days have ****ty guitar players

There are still plenty of innovative players around, that's what's great about the guitar. I don't really like them that much, but the Candyrat dudes that that one guy keeps posting in this thread are pretty incredible. You wouldn't see anything like that 10-20 years ago. But I wouldn't call them revolutionary because, well, nobody really cares about them. Kinda sad but most popular bands these days have ****ty guitar players
    Yeah man. I really like Buckethead's stuff from when he was younger, now most of his music sounds the same to me. Bumblefoot has had a few really out there songs like Heart Attack that I really like. I also like some of the more melodic tapping stuff bands like Minus the Bear do, although I hate Minus the Bear's singer. I wish all this gay ass metal core and Nickelback soundalike bull**** would GTFO, all of that music blows

Here's my cover of the solo from Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle. Fun, short and easy.

NOTHING is sacred.

TBH I think you should practice more before you film yourself

TBH I think you should practice more before you film yourself
    Yeah, most of my vids are first takes pretty much cause I'm lazy but there's nothing wrong with this solo I think.

NOTHING is sacred.

That being said, I'm open to criticism

NOTHING is sacred.

TrunkZilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrunkZilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrunkZilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrunkZilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrunkZilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrunkZilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrunkZilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrunkZilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrunkZilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrunkZilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrunkZilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    im looking to be able to play songs by bands like pantera and avenged sevenfold.
    Im finding it difficult at the moment.

do you know of any songs/albums i could learn to build up to that level?

JDuB128 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JDuB128 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JDuB128 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JDuB128 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JDuB128 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JDuB128 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JDuB128 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JDuB128 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JDuB128 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JDuB128 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JDuB128 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by TrunkZilla View Post
    im looking to be able to play songs by bands like pantera and avenged sevenfold.
    Im finding it difficult at the moment.

do you know of any songs/albums i could learn to build up to that level?
    If youve already learned the basic chords and maybe the pentatonic/major scales, just keep praciticing, try some of there easier songs. Its gonna take a pretty decent skill level to play all the solos and such.

Closed Thread
Page 105 of 336 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 155 205 ... LastLast