RollUpSwollUp is on a distinguished road. (+10) RollUpSwollUp is on a distinguished road. (+10) RollUpSwollUp is on a distinguished road. (+10) RollUpSwollUp is on a distinguished road. (+10) RollUpSwollUp is on a distinguished road. (+10) RollUpSwollUp is on a distinguished road. (+10) RollUpSwollUp is on a distinguished road. (+10) RollUpSwollUp is on a distinguished road. (+10) RollUpSwollUp is on a distinguished road. (+10) RollUpSwollUp is on a distinguished road. (+10) RollUpSwollUp is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Looking for a multi with NO Folic Acid

Does it exist? Read an article today that piqued my interest, and was trying to think of a multi that doesn't contain FA, and I couldn't.

http ://www .health.harvard. edu/press_releases/multivitamin-and-cancer-risk

MARCH 2008

Although physician-scientists and supplement manufacturers are often at odds, they don’t spend much time sparring over multivitamins. In fact, half the physicians on the Harvard Men’s Health Watch advisory board report taking a multivitamin themselves. In recent years, Harvard Men’s Health Watch has also endorsed these popular supplements, reasoning that even if they don’t help, they won’t hurt. However, the March 2008 issue of the newsletter states that a reappraisal of that advice is in order.

Harvard Men’s Health Watch notes that some recent studies have linked multivitamin use to prostate cancer. More convincingly, studies have linked high intakes of folic acid to colon polyps, the precursors of colorectal cancer. Researchers speculate that high intakes of folic acid, which was first added to grain products in the 1990s, may have contributed to an increase in colorectal cancers in the mid-1990s.

What does all of this have to do with multivitamins? Now that folic acid is added to so many grain products, it’s easy to see how a healthy diet, combined with a multivitamin, could boost a person’s daily intake to 1,000 mcg or more, potentially increasing the risk of colorectal and possibly prostate and breast cancers.

In light of this research, Harvard Men’s Health Watch suggests that the average man give up the multivitamin, at least until scientists solve the puzzle of folic acid and cancer. However, if you stop taking a multivitamin, consider taking a vitamin D supplement, the newsletter says. The typical diet for most men and women doesn’t supply enough of this crucial vitamin, and while sun exposure boosts vitamin D production, it has health risks of its own.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Off the top of my head i can't recall seeing a multi without folic acid. I have seen certain studies promoting the multitude of benefits of folic acid while also citing that mega dosing the product can sometimes produce the opposite effect. Case in point: folic acid has a role in cancer prevention, while dosing too much may elevate your risk for cancer.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

RollUpSwollUp is on a distinguished road. (+10) RollUpSwollUp is on a distinguished road. (+10) RollUpSwollUp is on a distinguished road. (+10) RollUpSwollUp is on a distinguished road. (+10) RollUpSwollUp is on a distinguished road. (+10) RollUpSwollUp is on a distinguished road. (+10) RollUpSwollUp is on a distinguished road. (+10) RollUpSwollUp is on a distinguished road. (+10) RollUpSwollUp is on a distinguished road. (+10) RollUpSwollUp is on a distinguished road. (+10) RollUpSwollUp is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    Off the top of my head i can't recall seeing a multi without folic acid. I have seen certain studies promoting the multitude of benefits of folic acid while also citing that mega dosing the product can sometimes produce the opposite effect. Case in point: folic acid has a role in cancer prevention, while dosing too much may elevate your risk for cancer.
    It's a very interesting point. I cannot recall seeing a multi w/o FA either. Hmm

mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I believe there are far greater dangers out there than folic acid in your vitamin. Plus, what doesn't give you cancer these days?
    Look under your chair. YOU GET A REP, AND YOU GET A REP, REPS FOR EVERYONE! If I get a rep, you get a rep, every time. Give me a link to make my life a little easier.

If you don't give me a link and you didn't post in the thread you rep'd me in, I'm not gonna go searching for you. I'll get everyone on recharge.

Originally Posted by mobikwa View Post
    I believe there are far greater dangers out there than folic acid in your vitamin. Plus, what doesn't give you cancer these days?
    I'm not worried about it, I just am looking for a multi without it

Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RollUpSwollUp View Post
    if ur not worried about it then why r u looking for one without it? Youbmight just have to huy each vit. Individually

jaydillera has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaydillera has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaydillera has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaydillera has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaydillera has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaydillera has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaydillera has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaydillera has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaydillera has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaydillera has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaydillera has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I never seen a multi-vit without folic acid. Good luck in find that!
    www.fat-burning-techniques.com

Jay

mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Check out why you need folic acid. Benefits outweigh the risks.
    Look under your chair. YOU GET A REP, AND YOU GET A REP, REPS FOR EVERYONE! If I get a rep, you get a rep, every time. Give me a link to make my life a little easier.

If you don't give me a link and you didn't post in the thread you rep'd me in, I'm not gonna go searching for you. I'll get everyone on recharge.

Team Molecular Nutrition Peter LeDrew's Avatar
    Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by mobikwa View Post
    Check out why you need folic acid. Benefits outweigh the risks.
    Also how natural forms of most nutrients tend to show better and safer results... the form of folate in Ortho Core for example is what you want to use. Ultima also uses a non-synthetic form. I would be cautious to ingest high doses of synthetic forms longer term.

Purplekoolaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purplekoolaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purplekoolaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purplekoolaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purplekoolaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purplekoolaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purplekoolaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purplekoolaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purplekoolaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purplekoolaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purplekoolaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I am all for removing folic acid from everything.

eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    A lot of processed foods, especially pasta/breads/cereals/etc have been fortified with folic acid as it has benefits in preventing birth defects.

I would look at something like the Life Force Multi and half dose it (200mcg of folic acid).

shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Peter LeDrew View Post
    Also how natural forms of most nutrients tend to show better and safer results... the form of folate in Ortho Core for example is what you want to use. Ultima also uses a non-synthetic form. I would be cautious to ingest high doses of synthetic forms longer term.
    Most people don't even realize there are various forms of the same vitamins. People think B6 is b6, b12 is b12, vit-e is vit-e. Kinda scary how much research people do into obscure herbs on here but don't do any into vitamins.

Not to mention that people seem to have no health concerns at all taking in these almost entirely unstudied herbs but freak out about vitamins millions of people have been taking for ages.

Priorities are really skewed around here.
    Latest Reviews:

My huge list of informative links: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132306613

Xtreme Formulations UP2 Multi-Flavor Review!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129562583

BigSeph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There's a big difference between folate and folic acid.

I'd suggest finding some "greens" source that covers most of your vitamin bases and supplementing with folate, not folic acid. Brewer's yeast is a good source.

The best multi you'll find that doesn't have folic acid is probably from Innate Response called Food Multi IV, it uses Brewer's yeast to give you folate (not folic acid) and is sourced from whole foods (no frankenstein chemicals).

Studies have shown an increase in cancer rates in those who consume folic acid. They've shown a decrease in cancer rates in those who consume folate as it naturally occurs. It can literally alter your DNA and create rebel cells in your body. And we're fortifying all kinds of processed foods (cereals, flour, etc) with it.

Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BigSeph View Post
    There's a big difference between folate and folic acid.

I'd suggest finding some "greens" source that covers most of your vitamin bases and supplementing with folate, not folic acid. Brewer's yeast is a good source.

The best multi you'll find that doesn't have folic acid is probably from Innate Response called Food Multi IV, it uses Brewer's yeast to give you folate (not folic acid) and is sourced from whole foods (no frankenstein chemicals).

Studies have shown an increase in cancer rates in those who consume folic acid. They've shown a decrease in cancer rates in those who consume folate as it naturally occurs. It can literally alter your DNA and create rebel cells in your body. And we're fortifying all kinds of processed foods (cereals, flour, etc) with it.
    And here we go..

sazuro will become famous soon enough. (+50) sazuro will become famous soon enough. (+50) sazuro will become famous soon enough. (+50) sazuro will become famous soon enough. (+50) sazuro will become famous soon enough. (+50) sazuro will become famous soon enough. (+50) sazuro will become famous soon enough. (+50) sazuro will become famous soon enough. (+50) sazuro will become famous soon enough. (+50) sazuro will become famous soon enough. (+50) sazuro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Hyruliangoat View Post
    And here we go..
    you ready for the onslaught?
    I'll rep back all those who helped me turn green again. A friend in need is a friend indeed.

Cheers broski.

poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Dr Feel Good has 400 mcg of folic acid per 8 cap serving. That's half the amount found in some other multi's, and allows for tailored dosing as per individual needs.
    ~ Roast Master, Resident Coffee Warlock~
    www.westcoastroasting.com
    -- Use 'MISC' for a discount! --

Disclaimer: sit there and let it bleed.

Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    PM Universal reps asking which pill in the Pak has folic acid. Remove that pill.

sazuro will become famous soon enough. (+50) sazuro will become famous soon enough. (+50) sazuro will become famous soon enough. (+50) sazuro will become famous soon enough. (+50) sazuro will become famous soon enough. (+50) sazuro will become famous soon enough. (+50) sazuro will become famous soon enough. (+50) sazuro will become famous soon enough. (+50) sazuro will become famous soon enough. (+50) sazuro will become famous soon enough. (+50) sazuro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Mr.Cooper69 View Post
    PM Universal reps asking which pill in the Pak has folic acid. Remove that pill.
    Whoa that was actually damn intelligent. Starting to believe you r a wiz@rd.
    I'll rep back all those who helped me turn green again. A friend in need is a friend indeed.

Cheers broski.

pborst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Yes, there is a multivitamin without folic acid

It's made and sold by a Doctor from New Jersey, author of Eat to Live. The name of the multivitamin/multimineral is called "Gentle care". They won't let put in a link because I don't have 30 posts but if you google Dr. Furhman dot com, you'll find it. Fuhrman not only removed the folic acid but also any vitamin or mineral that is harmful, e.g. beta carotene. in supplement form. There may be others. But this is the one I use.

Paul

Does it exist? Read an article today that piqued my interest, and was trying to think of a multi that doesn't contain FA, and I couldn't.

http ://www .health.harvard. edu/press_releases/multivitamin-and-cancer-risk

MARCH 2008

Although physician-scientists and supplement manufacturers are often at odds, they don’t spend much time sparring over multivitamins. In fact, half the physicians on the Harvard Men’s Health Watch advisory board report taking a multivitamin themselves. In recent years, Harvard Men’s Health Watch has also endorsed these popular supplements, reasoning that even if they don’t help, they won’t hurt. However, the March 2008 issue of the newsletter states that a reappraisal of that advice is in order.

Harvard Men’s Health Watch notes that some recent studies have linked multivitamin use to prostate cancer. More convincingly, studies have linked high intakes of folic acid to colon polyps, the precursors of colorectal cancer. Researchers speculate that high intakes of folic acid, which was first added to grain products in the 1990s, may have contributed to an increase in colorectal cancers in the mid-1990s.

What does all of this have to do with multivitamins? Now that folic acid is added to so many grain products, it’s easy to see how a healthy diet, combined with a multivitamin, could boost a person’s daily intake to 1,000 mcg or more, potentially increasing the risk of colorectal and possibly prostate and breast cancers.

In light of this research, Harvard Men’s Health Watch suggests that the average man give up the multivitamin, at least until scientists solve the puzzle of folic acid and cancer. However, if you stop taking a multivitamin, consider taking a vitamin D supplement, the newsletter says. The typical diet for most men and women doesn’t supply enough of this crucial vitamin, and while sun exposure boosts vitamin D production, it has health risks of its own.