woody1983uk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Beginners Routine

I am looking for some advice on a beginners routine for my girlfriend. She wants to lose weight primarily and has decided she wants to add in 2x per week weight sessions, but with the option to add a bit more if required. Im thinking upper A, lower A, upper B, lower B in rotation to keep a bit of routine but with a degree of flexibility

Any suggestions on what exercises to include/avoid? My own routine is pretty bespoke developed over years and based on my own weaknesses/goals. She wants to lose weight and generally develop a nice figure (including 'toned' arms)! I dont want to start her too intense, she's more likely to grow into the routine rather than going fat out from the start

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by woody1983uk View Post
    I am looking for some advice on a beginners routine for my girlfriend. She wants to lose weight primarily and has decided she wants to add in 2x per week weight sessions, but with the option to add a bit more if required. Im thinking upper A, lower A, upper B, lower B in rotation to keep a bit of routine but with a degree of flexibility

Any suggestions on what exercises to include/avoid? My own routine is pretty bespoke developed over years and based on my own weaknesses/goals. She wants to lose weight and generally develop a nice figure (including 'toned' arms)! I dont want to start her too intense, she's more likely to grow into the routine rather than going fat out from the start
    Twice a week? Then full body. Starting Strength, etc. Find a routine built around the compounds-squat, deadlift, bench press, overhead press, chinups/rows/lat pulldowns.

Skip the isolation stuff right now. She'll get a ton of mileage from just working on compounds at this point.
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."