Page 20 of 171 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 120 ... LastLast
    redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by caustin1986 View Post
    Hey man, 2 questions. What's the diff. between Power, Muscle, and Burn? I'm assuming Power is less reps with heavy weight, muscle is slightly more reps with slightly lighter weights, and burn is large reps, with light weights? ( I also have to look up pinwheel curls, and the seated arnold)

2nd question: Does stretching before and after workout stimulate muscle growth? I'm probably the worst person when it comes to stretching. I never really stretch before or after workouts, which I know puts me at risk of injury. I'm going to make sure though from now on that I stretch every time, but just wanted to know if it promotes muscle growth, Vs. not stretching.
    Working in def rep ranges I find pretty useful. Arnold said that everyone should include a power day/ exercises in their routine atleast once a week! This routine helps put on mass, helps you increase your strength and power, and also edurance, and also shape.

Power- (powerlifting) helps you build your strength/power.
    Muscle- helps you with hypertrophy, and build muscle
    burn- helps more with endurance, and shape

Stretching is important, it helps you prevent injuries, AND help you get a better range of motion. As well as loosen you up a little. I don't really stretch seriously, just a brief stretching out of my chest, arms etc legs.
    We Win OR We Learn

Journey of the Skinnies main thread==>http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131655893

Journey of the Skinnies Group=======>http://groups.bodybuilding.com/the_journey_of_the_skinnies

IG: BobbyBooSh4y

caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by redmond3 View Post
    Working in def rep ranges I find pretty useful. Arnold said that everyone should include a power day/ exercises in their routine atleast once a week! This routine helps put on mass, helps you increase your strength and power, and also edurance, and also shape.

Stretching is important, it helps you prevent injuries, AND help you get a better range of motion. As well as loosen you up a little. I don't really stretch seriously, just a brief stretching out of my chest, arms etc legs.

Got ya. Good info like always man.

pamajosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yup thats it! I wouldn't get a weird flavor, might be nasty, stick with chocolate. Kind of hard to mess that up! And no problem, measure yourself and post your stats!!! Take a picture also!!
    ha okay thank you again. i appreciate it.

wait.. i still don't quite understand the differences between them...

caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Those pinwheel curls look brutal. I LIKE.

Originally Posted by pamajosh View Post
    Between what? The workouts or the supplements?

Between what? The workouts or the supplements?
    workouts:
    power
    muscle
    burn

mitch2147 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mitch2147 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mitch2147 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mitch2147 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mitch2147 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mitch2147 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mitch2147 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mitch2147 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mitch2147 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mitch2147 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mitch2147 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It looks like I don't need to use weights anymore haha. My new job involves lifting very heavy things everywhere including up stairs eg reclining sofas, washing machines, photocopiers etc.

I'm getting a full body workout every day. Got to get a good eating routine as the hours are always changing. It's just about to reach bulking season here so bring on the weight gain.

redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mitch2147 View Post
    It looks like I don't need to use weights anymore haha. My new job involves lifting very heavy things everywhere including up stairs eg reclining sofas, washing machines, photocopiers etc.

I'm getting a full body workout every day. Got to get a good eating routine as the hours are always changing. It's just about to reach bulking season here so bring on the weight gain.

They have you powerlifting hahah I'm guessing your a mover???

Originally Posted by pamajosh View Post

not too sure how to
    Power sets - are designed to help increase your power or max/strength

muscle sets- helps with hypertrophy, and used to build muscle

burn sets- helps you increase your endurance, and help shape
    We Win OR We Learn

Journey of the Skinnies main thread==>http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131655893

Journey of the Skinnies Group=======>http://groups.bodybuilding.com/the_journey_of_the_skinnies

Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    not too sure how to
    Power sets - are designed to help increase your power or max/strength

muscle sets- helps with hypertrophy, and used to build muscle

burn sets- helps you increase your endurance, and help shape
    imo, you're making it more complicated then it needs to be with him.

Take away the terms, and just have the exercises. He doesn't need to have explained to him why/what it works. Just making him confused since he's so new. Really needs to pick up a magazine or read some articles on muscle building/hypertrophy before he even begins to lift heavy or hard. Otherwise, he'll just see slow gains, like most people in here.

The breakdown of it is this, knowledge is the #1 tool in bodybuilding. You won't get ANYWHERE if you don't know what you are doing, or what you are putting in your body.

I've spent countless amounts of hours reading/learning/experimenting with as much possible, and I'm still learning.

Well, today I hit the wall on my food consumption. I all of a sudden have an extremely hard time stomaching my diet. Just thinking about it makes me feel sick I guess 2 and a half months of only eating chicken, fish, steak, pasta, rice and veggies has finally caught up with me. It doesn't matter how I season the food, it still blows and makes me wanna blow chunks. Any ideas on what I can do about this? I'm NOT giving up but I need some motivation or some ways around this little problem. As we speak, my wife is out buying more chicken, steak, fish, etc lol. BLAH.

mitch2147 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mitch2147 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mitch2147 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mitch2147 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mitch2147 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mitch2147 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mitch2147 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mitch2147 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mitch2147 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mitch2147 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mitch2147 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    They have you powerlifting hahah I'm guessing your a mover???
    A bit of everything; removalist, delivery man etc. Whatever comes our way. I'm dead by the end of the day, but on the bright side I'm getting stronger and eventually bigger, and getting paid for it

ilovejunkfood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovejunkfood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovejunkfood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovejunkfood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovejunkfood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovejunkfood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovejunkfood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovejunkfood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovejunkfood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovejunkfood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovejunkfood has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    How are you putting it together? Do you know how to make any easy stir fry or asian or pasta sauces? I always have to add some kind of sauce or curry to my pasta and rice.

Originally Posted by ilovejunkfood View Post
    How are you putting it together? Do you know how to make any easy stir fry or asian or pasta sauces? I always have to add some kind of sauce or curry to my pasta and rice.
    Things like A-1 on the steak, worcester sauce on the chicken, roasted garlic seasoning, etc. etc. I've tried to spice it up as much as I can. Haven't tried asian styled anything yet though, but good idea. Maybe I'll get some asian noodles with some peanut sauce or what not.

Originally Posted by mitch2147 View Post
    A bit of everything; removalist, delivery man etc. Whatever comes our way. I'm dead by the end of the day, but on the bright side I'm getting stronger and eventually bigger, and getting paid for it
    Oh, well atleast your making good money, and lifting at the same time!

Well, today I hit the wall on my food consumption. I all of a sudden have an extremely hard time stomaching my diet. Just thinking about it makes me feel sick I guess 2 and a half months of only eating chicken, fish, steak, pasta, rice and veggies has finally caught up with me. It doesn't matter how I season the food, it still blows and makes me wanna blow chunks. Any ideas on what I can do about this? I'm NOT giving up but I need some motivation or some ways around this little problem. As we speak, my wife is out buying more chicken, steak, fish, etc lol. BLAH.
    Hmmmmm

Maybe do a 360 on your diet, and change the whole thing around. It could get boring eating the same thing ......every .....day !!
    We Win OR We Learn

Oh, well atleast your making good money, and lifting at the same time!

Hmmmmm

Maybe do a 360 on your diet, and change the whole thing around. It could get boring eating the same thing ......every .....day !!
    How do you recommend that? I mean, what else is there?

BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey Bama I'm Active Duty Military...where's my reps damn it!!!!

(joking about the reps, serious about being Active Duty haha)
    already gotcha
    I thank God for my success.

★★★ Crimson Tide Crew ★★★

Deadlift- start: 405x2 (11/20/12) Goal: 500x1 (8/10/13)
    |415|425|435|450|455|465|475|485|500|
    RESULT:

Parallel Squat- start: 250*1 (11/23/12) Goal: 335*1(8/10/13)
    |260|270|280|290|300|305|315|325|335|
    RESULT:

Touch chest Bench- start: 200x1 (11/24/12) Goal:285x1 (8/10/13)
    |210|220|230|240|245|255|265|275|285|
    RESULT:

Originally Posted by BamaBruce View Post
    already gotcha
    haha right on man. reps back for supporting the troops!

jayd1038 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I need to join up here. I may not sound that skinny being 195lbs at 6'4, but I sure as hell am. Problem I have is a eat a ton, and I drink too much beer, so I have gotten a little gut on. Other than that I am pretty damn skinny. I'll have to upload a few pictures on here. I have no chest at all, and overall I am really skinny. Hopefully I can shed any fat and be 195lbs of good solid cut muscle!

How do you recommend that? I mean, what else is there?
    Hmm well how about making omlets in the morning,

Get some tuna fish

Chicken breast, or mac and cheese

baked potatoes

beef

Pasta added to your diet,

weight gainer shakes

You would be surprised how much food there is out there

White chicken breast
    Turkey breast
    Tuna
    Low fat yogurt
    Fat free or no fat milk
    Rice
    Pasta
    Bread
    Steak with all the fat cut off
    Fish
    Cottage cheese
    Good Foods For Regular "Big" Bulk:

Turkey Breast
    Tuna
    Low fat yogurt
    1% or 2% milk
    Rice
    Cottage Cheese
    Cheese
    Bread
    Eggs
    Peanut Butter
    Steak
    Fish
    Chicken Breast

Originally Posted by jayd1038 View Post
    I need to join up here. I may not sound that skinny being 195lbs at 6'4, but I sure as hell am. Problem I have is a eat a ton, and I drink too much beer, so I have gotten a little gut on. Other than that I am pretty damn skinny. I'll have to upload a few pictures on here. I have no chest at all, and overall I am really skinny. Hopefully I can shed any fat and be 195lbs of good solid cut muscle!
    If you feel you are skinny, then thats all that matters. who are we to say otherwise. Welcome! GIVE UP THE BEER, once in a while ins't that bad but drinking a lot will halt your progres..
    We Win OR We Learn

Hmm well how about making omlets in the morning,

Get some tuna fish

Chicken breast, or mac and cheese

baked potatoes

beef

Pasta added to your diet,

weight gainer shakes

You would be surprised how much food there is out there

White chicken breast
    Turkey breast
    Tuna
    Low fat yogurt
    Fat free or no fat milk
    Rice
    Pasta
    Bread
    Steak with all the fat cut off
    Fish
    Cottage cheese
    Good Foods For Regular "Big" Bulk:

Turkey Breast
    Tuna
    Low fat yogurt
    1% or 2% milk
    Rice
    Cottage Cheese
    Cheese
    Bread
    Eggs
    Peanut Butter
    Steak
    Fish
    Chicken Breast

If you feel you are skinny, then thats all that matters. who are we to say otherwise. Welcome! GIVE UP THE BEER, once in a while ins't that bad but drinking a lot will halt your progres..
    I hear ya. I already eat all those foods every day, but I guess I need to find diff. recipes or sauces to put on them. I do the steak with pasta, chicken with rice, fish with rice, milk, 4 eggs in the morning, yogurt, whole wheat toast, chicken and pasta, steak and artichokes, chicken with broc, steak and asparagus, etc, etc. Like I said, I think today was just a bad day. Hoping tomorrow to get back on it and keep going. Wait, I KNOW tomorrow I WILL get back on it Bought 5 new big ass lean steaks, a family pack of chicken breasts, more rice, more pasta, more broc, more asparagus, yogurt, milk, wheat bread and a few other things. Plus I have my supplements. I think today I was just feeling "off" ya know? I still got 5 out of my 7 meals in, plus a protein shake and all my supplements so I dont think it did that much harm. (I normally eat 6 small meals and a big dinner in 24 hrs.)

nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jayd1038 View Post
    Welcome bro! Haha, I totally feel you on the beer. I used to drink so damn much beer. I was in the habit of having 1 or 2 with dinner every night for awhile :C The good thing about cutting down though is that now instead of drinking daily, I award myself only a few beers a week and only when I know I'll really enjoy them (laying out in the sun, night at home with the guys etc ) The good thing about limiting yourself is not only that you'll enjoy them a million times more but also that you'll save money in the long run which means that you can use the money you've saved to buy some REALLY good beers instead It's so much more enjoyable drinking 1 really nice beer than a 6 pack of some random brand. Anyways, point is, as soon as you start giving up beer, start eating eating right and start working out it gets easier and easier

Oh and before anyone says anything, drinking age in Sweden = 18 lol.

I know how you feel bro. Luckily, I'm not quite there yet with my current food situation. A suggestion for the future is that all of us start posting recipes (perhaps in a thread in the group?) that we can share. In my experience everyone tends to eat the same stuff but everybody also tends to eat it in their own specific way It's usually easier to eat the food if you have lots of different ways to switch it up so it doesn't get boring. I got a few recipes I invented myself that I can post later when I get the time haha. Hopefully you might like one of them GL, don't lose faith!
    Check out my log! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=670835141

Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You guys need to sack up and stop whining about what the food tastes like.

If you want to get big, you need to view food as a "fuel", not as "fun".

Eat till you puke.

lordnoak will become famous soon enough. (+50) lordnoak will become famous soon enough. (+50) lordnoak will become famous soon enough. (+50) lordnoak will become famous soon enough. (+50) lordnoak will become famous soon enough. (+50) lordnoak will become famous soon enough. (+50) lordnoak will become famous soon enough. (+50) lordnoak will become famous soon enough. (+50) lordnoak will become famous soon enough. (+50) lordnoak will become famous soon enough. (+50) lordnoak will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Whiteybird View Post

Eat till you puke.
    Then blend that puke with a protein shake and guzzle guzzle?

nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Whiteybird View Post

Eat till you puke.
    Perhaps if bodybuilding is your only focus in life. For a lot of people - myself included - bodybuilding doesn't account for everything I enjoy in life. One thing I really like aside from bb'ing happens to be cooking :9 Don't know about anybody else, but I've been good at hitting my macros eating food I enjoy eating. There's really no reason you shouldn't be able to do so after a little fiddling and some calculations

Just my 2 cents.
    Check out my log! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=670835141

Originally Posted by lordnoak View Post
    Lmao yes that is what he does

Originally Posted by nevereon View Post
    Perhaps if bodybuilding is your only focus in life. For a lot of people - myself included - bodybuilding doesn't account for everything I enjoy in life. One thing I really like aside from bb'ing happens to be cooking :9 Don't know about anybody else, but I've been good at hitting my macros eating food I enjoy eating. There's really no reason you shouldn't be able to do so after a little fiddling and some calculations

Just my 2 cents.
    I agree, Same with me
    We Win OR We Learn

I'm going to create a discussion thread in the group for foods guys! Everyone give their input and their foods etc
    We Win OR We Learn

Originally Posted by lordnoak View Post
    Nice

Thisisskinny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thisisskinny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thisisskinny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How much do nutritional value of what you ate change in the puke? lol

Originally Posted by Thisisskinny View Post
    How much do nutritional value of what you ate change in the puke? lol
    Depends on how soon you puke it up and how much got digested. So you might wanna mix it with some pasta or rice to make sure you're getting your carbs haha