Page 171 of 171 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 169 170 171
Results 5,101 to 5,128 of 5128
    redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Blood work came back great, Only issue is my test again. I do feel like it may have been creeping up which is good seeing that I've been working out for abour 3 months now, and dieting. Dropped around 30 lbs already, while adding some lean mass. Going to aim 7% bodyfat get it re tested then bulk and test it again. I know it tends to drop with dieting, but I've always had low t, but didn't want to jump on TRT to get them in the normal ranges of someone my age...which is normally 3x higher LOL.

Dropped 3 lbs this past week, gives me 7 weeks left in my journey to 7%. Never been below 10%, except when I was 100lbs but that doesn't count...lol

Anywho, thanks for those commenting here, was time to jump back on here and do what we promised...MOTIVATE others.
    We Win OR We Learn

Journey of the Skinnies main thread==>http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131655893

Journey of the Skinnies Group=======>http://groups.bodybuilding.com/the_journey_of_the_skinnies

IG: BobbyBooSh4y

redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My 2nd week lifting program down below. Dropped 3 lbs last week just from dieting down mainly, I only hit weights 2x and cardio 3x. You don't have to kill yourself in the gym to cut weight. Normally its harder when you are already lean seeing you don't have much fat to drop. I'm going to raise my carbs this week since my body is handling carbs better from previously doing keto. I'll just increase my energy output than messing with my diet. ATLEAST FOR THIS WEEK.

This should yield another 2lb drop this week, hopefully lol

*Cardio will walking on an incline on the treadmill*
    *Abs 2x this week*

*Sets/Reps = 3x15,12,10*

Day A - Chest

- Bench Press
    - Incline Bench Press
    - Chest Dips
    - Cable Crossover
    - Cardio 30 Minutes

DAY B - Back

- Deadlift
    - Latpulldown Pronated
    - Tbar Row
    - Machine Row
    - Cable Pullovers
    - Cardio 30 Minutes

DAY C - Shoulders

- Overhead Press
    - Rear Delt Fly
    - Machine Side Laterals
    - Machine Front Shoulder Press
    - Cardio 30 Minutes

Day D - Legs

- Machine Squats
    - Leg Press
    - Leg curl
    - Leg Extension
    - Hip Extensions
    - Cardio 30 Minutes

Day E - Arms

- Dips
    - Barbell Curl
    - Skull Crushers
    - Incline Dumbbell Curl
    - Rope Pressdown
    - Reverse Cable Curl
    - Cardio 30 Minutes
    We Win OR We Learn

Journey of the Skinnies main thread==>http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131655893

Journey of the Skinnies Group=======>http://groups.bodybuilding.com/the_journey_of_the_skinnies

HardGainerFitness.com JohnMichaelHGF's Avatar
    JohnMichaelHGF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnMichaelHGF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnMichaelHGF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnMichaelHGF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnMichaelHGF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnMichaelHGF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnMichaelHGF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnMichaelHGF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnMichaelHGF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnMichaelHGF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnMichaelHGF has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    How have I not seen this thread yet!? Awesome progress my fellow skinny brother. Sub'd.

Originally Posted by redmond3 View Post
    Blood work came back great, Only issue is my test again. I do feel like it may have been creeping up which is good seeing that I've been working out for abour 3 months now, and dieting. Dropped around 30 lbs already, while adding some lean mass. Going to aim 7% bodyfat get it re tested then bulk and test it again. I know it tends to drop with dieting, but I've always had low t, but didn't want to jump on TRT to get them in the normal ranges of someone my age...which is normally 3x higher LOL.

Dropped 3 lbs this past week, gives me 7 weeks left in my journey to 7%. Never been below 10%, except when I was 100lbs but that doesn't count...lol

Anywho, thanks for those commenting here, was time to jump back on here and do what we promised...MOTIVATE others.
    What's going on with your test? You were on TRT? Sorry I'm new to this thread and am not aware!

I've been down to 7% and it is difficult to get down there but it's a great goal to accomplish. To be honest and share my personal experience, I felt too lethargic once I maintained that level of low fat and after a couple months it climbed back up a bit
    Tired of being skinny and small ? You're a HARDGAINER!

Check us out!

HardGainerFitness.com

Originally Posted by JohnMichaelHGF View Post
    How have I not seen this thread yet!? Awesome progress my fellow skinny brother. Sub'd.

What's going on with your test? You were on TRT? Sorry I'm new to this thread and am not aware!

I've been down to 7% and it is difficult to get down there but it's a great goal to accomplish. To be honest and share my personal experience, I felt too lethargic once I maintained that level of low fat and after a couple months it climbed back up a bit
    It's been around for some years now haha Thanks man I appreciate it, still chasing after it. Checked your progress out, did a great job also.

No no, never did TRT. 100% natural, not that it's something special lol Its just extremely low, but decided not to jump on that route. I came this far with the intent to stay natural and inspire people. I feel like if I now jumped on doctors recommendation it would destroy all the hard work I did in the past. So just going to try and utilize the gym and nutrition to get it up naturally. I know that's hard but so was everything else i went through to get to this point.

Dam 7% is pretty low, how far did you have to take your calories to/days in the gym? I just want to get that low, stay there for alittle then bulk back up. I just wanna shed this fat I have that I had from years of bulking etc and once its gone I can focus on gaining slowly and quality mass. Fell off from both eating and gym for a year so just wanna recomp my body right now.
    We Win OR We Learn

JohnMichaelHGF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnMichaelHGF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnMichaelHGF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnMichaelHGF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnMichaelHGF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnMichaelHGF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnMichaelHGF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnMichaelHGF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnMichaelHGF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnMichaelHGF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnMichaelHGF has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It's been around for some years now haha Thanks man I appreciate it, still chasing after it. Checked your progress out, did a great job also.

No no, never did TRT. 100% natural, not that it's something special lol Its just extremely low, but decided not to jump on that route. I came this far with the intent to stay natural and inspire people. I feel like if I now jumped on doctors recommendation it would destroy all the hard work I did in the past. So just going to try and utilize the gym and nutrition to get it up naturally. I know that's hard but so was everything else i went through to get to this point.

Dam 7% is pretty low, how far did you have to take your calories to/days in the gym? I just want to get that low, stay there for alittle then bulk back up. I just wanna shed this fat I have that I had from years of bulking etc and once its gone I can focus on gaining slowly and quality mass. Fell off from both eating and gym for a year so just wanna recomp my body right now.
    Thanks brother.

Oh okay I understand now. Huge props for sticking it through! Were they suggesting those gel patches or the injectables? Are you on any natural remedies or supps for boosting test? I've taken an MTS booster and Ronnie Coleman's before and felt pretty good on them. Even suggested them for my father and he was taking them for a couple months.

My metabolism is still insanely fast and I'm blessed that I only ever put any fat on my midsection. It doesn't go anywhere else. My calories remained high for the average folk but for me it was just under 3,000 and that was with cardio 5x a week every morning. Now I hover around 9-10ish percent.

Ya absolutely and that's understandable. What % are you roughly now? You look lean in your pictures.

Check us out!

HardGainerFitness.com

Thanks brother.

Oh okay I understand now. Huge props for sticking it through! Were they suggesting those gel patches or the injectables? Are you on any natural remedies or supps for boosting test? I've taken an MTS booster and Ronnie Coleman's before and felt pretty good on them. Even suggested them for my father and he was taking them for a couple months.

My metabolism is still insanely fast and I'm blessed that I only ever put any fat on my midsection. It doesn't go anywhere else. My calories remained high for the average folk but for me it was just under 3,000 and that was with cardio 5x a week every morning. Now I hover around 9-10ish percent.

Ya absolutely and that's understandable. What % are you roughly now? You look lean in your pictures.
    The only thing id consider even if I did, would be injectables. No no, not a believer in natural test boosters. Most test boosters are BS, and the company just makes tons of profit on it. Plus I don't want to try some product and have it mess me up more etc. Diet and fitness play the biggest part so I'll stick with those for now and see. When I finish cutting in 5 weeks then bulk I know my test will hopefully go up. So I will just compare my lab results.

Dam thats awesome man, its so much easier when you are in the swing of things and your metabolism is crazy fast. I remember when I was moving all the time and not sitting in an office setting my maintence was 6500 lmao would of been so easy to cut on that. I'm going to start implementing more cardio though just to keep things going. I felt pretty good when I was extremely active.

My % I'm estimating is around 11% goal is to drop down to 7% I have 5 weeks left, thinking I have around 10 lbs left to drop. Guess we will see as Ive never been that low ever. Then I can just cruise into slow bulking haha add 20 lbs of lean mass but of course that will take some time 2 lbs per month would make that pretty lean gains, especially since I lost alot of muscle from the 1 year of no dieting and gym. So far have a difference of 35 lbs, crazy because I would of never thought I'd be that out of shape.
    We Win OR We Learn

Wilson4555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wilson4555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wilson4555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wilson4555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wilson4555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wilson4555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wilson4555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wilson4555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wilson4555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wilson4555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Wilson4555 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    The Journey of the Skinnies

Go join the group if you are ready for our journey ! 2.9.11

OMG, not another forum for skinny people! Hey everyone I’m Robert Edmonds (Redmond3) on bodyspace. I have seen tons and tons of forums saying that they are dedicated to helping out people who are skinny. Some groups/forums don’t even give us advice, true motivation, and feel as if they truly care about our goals that we set. I have even seen one that makes you leave after you are “big”, how crazy is that. Wouldn’t you want to keep the people who have helped make the group more positive and driving people to see results that they have seen. Regardless this forum is dedicated for us, THE SKINNIES. It will be creating a group for us also for the people who subscribe and participate in this forum. We all have to start somewhere and this journey starts now! Everyone of us will walk together down the path to success and reaching every goal that we set forth. What do you get out of this? Well let me list some of the benefits

1. Sharing transformation stories with people who can relate to you
    2. People who actually want to see you succeed, and will dedicate some of their time JUST TO HELP YOU OUT
    3. Diet plans, and recipes
    4. Supplement reviews, and products that have helped us in our journey
    5. Workout plans that work, that we have tried first hand
    6. Someone to personally talk to and new friends

So let me cut to the chase and say I was once and still consider myself pretty small/skinny. I guess as you workout more and become more dedicated you become more critical of how you look, which can be a good thing and also bad thing. I want to welcome everyone who decided to join this forum personally, and we may have a long journey up ahead but we will do it together. You can pm me or I can post my phone number, and email so people can get ahold of me.

everyone add this group- just for the skinnies of this fourm- look up The Journey of the Skinnies under bodygroups for some reason it wont let me post the url
    You may think your small now, but with time you will be shredded as fuark. We're all gonna make it brah that's it!

Originally Posted by Wilson4555 View Post
    You may think your small now, but with time you will be shredded as fuark. We're all gonna make it brah that's it!
    Thanks for the motivation brah!
    We Win OR We Learn

JDI2004 is just really nice. (+1000) JDI2004 is just really nice. (+1000) JDI2004 is just really nice. (+1000) JDI2004 is just really nice. (+1000) JDI2004 is just really nice. (+1000) JDI2004 is just really nice. (+1000) JDI2004 is just really nice. (+1000) JDI2004 is just really nice. (+1000) JDI2004 is just really nice. (+1000) JDI2004 is just really nice. (+1000) JDI2004 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Back in the game boys. Had injury after injury when I was playing rugby and boxing. Took a year, probably closer to 2 from all fitness.

Stayed lean, still sitting around 200 pounds and 20% bf and started the all pro full body routine. First week sucked but starting to feel juicy after each workout. Plus I put the ego aside and starting with weight that still pushes me on the 4th set but hasn't gotten me in failure just yet.

Also got my brother who is also 6'4 but 280 pounds or so to start lifting with me so we have a journey of the skinny to get shredded and eventually bear mode and a journey of lard into bear mode.

Originally Posted by JDI2004 View Post
    Back in the game boys. Had injury after injury when I was playing rugby and boxing. Took a year, probably closer to 2 from all fitness.

Stayed lean, still sitting around 200 pounds and 20% bf and started the all pro full body routine. First week sucked but starting to feel juicy after each workout. Plus I put the ego aside and starting with weight that still pushes me on the 4th set but hasn't gotten me in failure just yet.

Also got my brother who is also 6'4 but 280 pounds or so to start lifting with me so we have a journey of the skinny to get shredded and eventually bear mode and a journey of lard into bear mode.
    AHHHHH that's great news man. Your body can definately take a beating from both rugby and boxing :x lmfao @ bear mode. 200lbs at 20% not too shabby, what are you looking to get down to? May have 40-45 lbs to drop roughly, but you can always slow bulk after. If you are enjoying that program that's all that matters, is that a bb.com program? Post it below and maybe some things you like and dislike about it.

Wanna see you post your progress when cutting, always gives me extra push when I see others getting after it also.
    We Win OR We Learn

Originally Posted by CoreyParker13 View Post
    awesome thread
    Thanks brah, glad you came through, lets get you all set up

Originally Posted by CoreyParker13 View Post
    im also trying to bulk up

So lets get everything set up.
    -I'd advise taking before pictures, maybe even videos if you wanted.
    -take your measurements, if you can get a dex scan to check your lean mass/body fat % (dexa scan not really needed just optional)
    -Write down your goals, both long term and short term
    -Find a program that fits your schedule for the week, if you are new to lifting you don't have to go crazy with working out, you will see tons of gains. I recommend a 5x5 it's basic, you can focus on your form, and you won't be in the gym long.
    -Diet is very important, if you don't know much about dieting, or if you don't want to go all out starting up I would recommend just "eating more". If you are eating 3 times a day try eating 4, or 5 meals per day. If you want to actually make a diet, we can make one that works for you.

Post your stuff on here or you can post on your main page
    We Win OR We Learn

DoctorXX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoctorXX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoctorXX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoctorXX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoctorXX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoctorXX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoctorXX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoctorXX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoctorXX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoctorXX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DoctorXX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    The title of this thread is " The journey of the skinnies ".... What about the fatties?

Originally Posted by DoctorXX View Post
    The title of this thread is " The journey of the skinnies ".... What about the fatties?
    Not really made for that group of people, but if you are fat and trying to cut I don't mind helping haha
    We Win OR We Learn

JDI2004 is just really nice. (+1000) JDI2004 is just really nice. (+1000) JDI2004 is just really nice. (+1000) JDI2004 is just really nice. (+1000) JDI2004 is just really nice. (+1000) JDI2004 is just really nice. (+1000) JDI2004 is just really nice. (+1000) JDI2004 is just really nice. (+1000) JDI2004 is just really nice. (+1000) JDI2004 is just really nice. (+1000) JDI2004 is just really nice. (+1000)
    AHHHHH that's great news man. Your body can definately take a beating from both rugby and boxing :x lmfao @ bear mode. 200lbs at 20% not too shabby, what are you looking to get down to? May have 40-45 lbs to drop roughly, but you can always slow bulk after. If you are enjoying that program that's all that matters, is that a bb.com program? Post it below and maybe some things you like and dislike about it.

Wanna see you post your progress when cutting, always gives me extra push when I see others getting after it also.

Link to AllPro - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=169172473

Pros: Hits each muscle group
    Fairly quick workout days. Takes my brother and I 60 minutes for the 2 of us to get through
    Might be just a pro for me, but I find this one to be fun. I tried SS5x5 way back in the day but I got incredibly bored. I look forward to workout days now

Cons: After not doing anything physical for 2 years the first workout kicked my ass even with low weights. Couldn't walk right for 3 days

I'm honestly not sure how I am wanting to approach the weight issue though. I dropped to 185 to fight and I felt kind of crappy, plus I looked like a skeleton. I'm thinking about going through 2 of the 5 week workout cycles and at least building some strength back and then figuring out what I want to do. My end goal is 220-230 lbs.

Edit: Forgot to add poverty picture in

Fairly quick workout days. Takes my brother and I 60 minutes for the 2 of us to get through
    Might be just a pro for me, but I find this one to be fun. I tried SS5x5 way back in the day but I got incredibly bored. I look forward to workout days now

Cons: After not doing anything physical for 2 years the first workout kicked my ass even with low weights. Couldn't walk right for 3 days

I'm honestly not sure how I am wanting to approach the weight issue though. I dropped to 185 to fight and I felt kind of crappy, plus I looked like a skeleton. I'm thinking about going through 2 of the 5 week workout cycles and at least building some strength back and then figuring out what I want to do. My end goal is 220-230 lbs.

Edit: Forgot to add poverty picture in
    Thanks for the link, and opinion so far of the program you are running. I must say when people diet down their Test Levels drop significantly so that may of been why you felt kind of crappy. 185 to 220ish 230 is a pretty solid goal, If you have patience I'd try adding around 2ish pounds each month and that would make it less likely for you to gain a ton of fat. I've done 30lbs in 3 months but its not worth it, cutting is so much harder and a majority of that is fat lol

Nothing wrong just feeling yourself out for a few weeks and then start either gaining or losing if you want. Bulking is much more fun than cutting anyway haha
    We Win OR We Learn

Trying to look up reviews for a new protein powder, running out in acouple days. Came from 100% whey protein by ON, wanting something that taste more like chocolate. Any recommendations brahs?
    We Win OR We Learn

If you don't mind I'd like to add my opinion on your journey

Tried to click your AllPro link but it doesn't lead anywhere. I wouldn't advise going over 60 minutes in a workout, you should be getting more than enough in on 60 minutes. What are the workouts comprised of? Exercises/sets-reps/rest intervals?

If you're at 20% bodyfat I would advise either

1) slimming down just 5 lbs of fat getting you down to about 15% and THEN begin to bulk

OR

2) Slowly bulk until you get about 24% and then cut down. I would not recommend getting above 24%. The bodyfat system is like a pendulum, swing too much to the left (too lean) and your hormones (testosterone) will be down causing you to be lethargic. Swing too much to the right and yet again, your hormones (estrogen) will be high causing other issues.

3) Recomp by adding cardio sessions throughout the week. It's more effort and time during the hectic weekday schedules

Check us out!

HardGainerFitness.com

Tried to click your AllPro link but it doesn't lead anywhere. I wouldn't advise going over 60 minutes in a workout, you should be getting more than enough in on 60 minutes. What are the workouts comprised of? Exercises/sets-reps/rest intervals?

1) slimming down just 5 lbs of fat getting you down to about 15% and THEN begin to bulk

OR

2) Slowly bulk until you get about 24% and then cut down. I would not recommend getting above 24%. The bodyfat system is like a pendulum, swing too much to the left (too lean) and your hormones (testosterone) will be down causing you to be lethargic. Swing too much to the right and yet again, your hormones (estrogen) will be high causing other issues.

3) Recomp by adding cardio sessions throughout the week. It's more effort and time during the hectic weekday schedules
    This is the routine, it's just 60 minutes between me and my brother working out at the same time. By myself it's between 30-40 minutes. The 20% was just an estimate with my eye from seeing a ton of pictures on the forums. The biggest spot of fat is my love handles but when I'm not bloated I feel like I looked exactly the same. I'll start to work on cardio since it's been forever since I've done anything.

A Simple beginner's Routine
    You will do 3 work outs per week on non consecutive days. The first work out is your heavy work out. The second work out is your medium work out, use 10% less weight for your work sets. The final work out for the week is your lite work out, use 20% less weight.

Do a lite warm up with 1/4 of your work sets weight. Do a medium warm up with 1/2 of your work sets weight. Do 2 work sets with the same weight. Choose a starting weight and start light.

These are the seven exercises you will be starting with.

Squats
    Bench Presses
    Bent-Over Rows
    Overhead Barbell Presses
    Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
    Barbell Curls
    Calf Raises

You will be running this program on a five week cycle as follows:
    The first week do all 4 sets for 8 reps.
    The second week do all 4 sets for 9 reps.
    The third week do all 4 sets for 10 reps.
    The fourth week do all 4 sets for 11 reps.
    The fifth week do all 4 sets for 12 reps.
    If you got all of the required reps on the fifth week then increase the weight by 10% and

repeat the cycle. If you didn't get all of the reps on the fifth week then repeat the cycle with the same weight. You shouldn't need more than one minute rest between the warm up sets and you shouldn't need more than one minute thirty seconds between the work sets.
    Do some cardio and abs work on non weight training days.

Thanks for the link, and opinion so far of the program you are running. I must say when people diet down their Test Levels drop significantly so that may of been why you felt kind of crappy. 185 to 220ish 230 is a pretty solid goal, If you have patience I'd try adding around 2ish pounds each month and that would make it less likely for you to gain a ton of fat. I've done 30lbs in 3 months but its not worth it, cutting is so much harder and a majority of that is fat lol

Nothing wrong just feeling yourself out for a few weeks and then start either gaining or losing if you want. Bulking is much more fun than cutting anyway haha
    For a beginner, I think it's great. I've never really done a "program" before, would just go work different body parts on different days. I'll do another write up after the first cycle is completed a little more in depth as I'm still early enough in that I'm still getting a feel for it. I've noticed a huge increase in flexibility though already.

The only part I'm having issues with is stiff leg dead lifts, just feels unnatural to do it that way vs regular deadlifts.

As far as the protein powder, I just picked up 2 tubs on a BOGO and got a chocolate and strawberry banana. Do a 50/50 scoop and it tastes delicious. The chocolate tastes like drinking thick chocolate milk.

OR

All pretty good advice. I'll see if i can rep you for that
    We Win OR We Learn

For a beginner, I think it's great. I've never really done a "program" before, would just go work different body parts on different days. I'll do another write up after the first cycle is completed a little more in depth as I'm still early enough in that I'm still getting a feel for it. I've noticed a huge increase in flexibility though already.

The only part I'm having issues with is stiff leg dead lifts, just feels unnatural to do it that way vs regular deadlifts.

As far as the protein powder, I just picked up 2 tubs on a BOGO and got a chocolate and strawberry banana. Do a 50/50 scoop and it tastes delicious. The chocolate tastes like drinking thick chocolate milk.

Awesome, can't wait to see how the first cycle goes and the results from it. If you are doing them correctly and still feels very akward try changing the movement out with something else. Regular deadlifts are totally fine, they just tax your body pretty bad when going heavy.

Which brand and name of protein did you end up picking up? Was it from bb.com?
    We Win OR We Learn

Awesome, can't wait to see how the first cycle goes and the results from it. If you are doing them correctly and still feels very akward try changing the movement out with something else. Regular deadlifts are totally fine, they just tax your body pretty bad when going heavy.

Which brand and name of protein did you end up picking up? Was it from bb.com?
    It was just the GNC branded 100% whey. Got two 5 pound tubs for 87 bucks after tax.

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You could try Romanian Deadlifts in place of the SLDL. Regarding end points in terms of how you want to approach gainz. Don't get carried away predicting how much you are going to weigh. People vary a lot in thier ability to put on muscle, their starting point, and their estimates of LBM at the outset. Keep it simple, eat to support your training, gain weight in a moderate fashion, and avoid daydreaming it's all muscle and getting too fat.

I LMAO when you said you were bloated. We aren't supermodels, we don't bloat. Untrained people do look in the mirror and see all sorts of ghosts though. The fix is to add LBM and avoid micromanaging the bodies processes and the refection in the mirror. Just don't get carried away with the surplus, good luck.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

It was just the GNC branded 100% whey. Got two 5 pound tubs for 87 bucks after tax.
    DAMMMMMMMMM 10lbs for 87$ is a pretty good deal. I just paid 60$ for 5lbs of Whey by ON ........I never really step in GNC because their prices are always jacked up high. I normally do Vitamin Shoppe or BB.com. Thanks for that tip though, when I run out I will go check them out.

I know when I bulk it will be easier because I can make an actual smoothie/shake. For now its almond milk, water, whey, and sometimes cream of wheat.
    We Win OR We Learn

Originally Posted by EjnarKolinkar View Post
    You could try Romanian Deadlifts in place of the SLDL. Regarding end points in terms of how you want to approach gainz. Don't get carried away predicting how much you are going to weigh. People vary a lot in thier ability to put on muscle, their starting point, and their estimates of LBM at the outset. Keep it simple, eat to support your training, gain weight in a moderate fashion, and avoid daydreaming it's all muscle and getting too fat.

I LMAO when you said you were bloated. We aren't supermodels, we don't bloat. Untrained people do look in the mirror and see all sorts of ghosts though. The fix is to add LBM and avoid micromanaging the bodies processes and the refection in the mirror. Just don't get carried away with the surplus, good luck.
    It's a pretty noticeable if I'm shirtless, have had friends think I gained 20 pounds in a week when we go kayaking. Will definitely look at the RDL's. I'm eating around 3500 calories a day, less if I have long drives and more if I'm just sitting at home. Thanks for the advice!

DAMMMMMMMMM 10lbs for 87$ is a pretty good deal. I just paid 60$ for 5lbs of Whey by ON ........I never really step in GNC because their prices are always jacked up high. I normally do Vitamin Shoppe or BB.com. Thanks for that tip though, when I run out I will go check them out.

I know when I bulk it will be easier because I can make an actual smoothie/shake. For now its almond milk, water, whey, and sometimes cream of wheat.
    It was a buy 1 get 1 50% off and I also got a military discount on top of the sale price. I think the tubs were usually 60 bucks a pop

Any updates!?

Check us out!

HardGainerFitness.com

Any updates!?
    HAHAH your post was first for 2017
    We Win OR We Learn

orca23554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orca23554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orca23554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orca23554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orca23554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orca23554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orca23554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orca23554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orca23554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orca23554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orca23554 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Time for an update, haven't posted here for a long time. Looks like the thread hasn't seen much activity too.....

I am steady at 166-170 lbs after my long bulk from 125-128 lbs. I must be at around 15-16% BF right now and that's good enough for me. I was never a fitness freak to begin with and I continue to be lazier than the average BBer here, but that is kind of the point of this post. Even someone like me can look far better and healthier even if I am not giving this a 100%. I guess it is more important to stay the course over the long term than to lift in fits and starts and fall back into a lazy routine every 6 months.

This October will mark 9 years since I started lifting, I still do not look like I lift with a shirt on. But I am a far better version of what I was in 2011, lifting has instilled in me a discipline of turning up no matter what and doing the work. Better fitness levels also allow me to work for 10-12 hours a day without feeling tired ever. I eat well, sleep well and live well as a matter of discipline. I am better at a my profession as a result of this.

The journey has very well been worth it, even if the progress I have seen is just about average for this forum of extremely motivated fitness enthusiasts. Honestly I am ok with the progress I have made, adding 30-35 lbs of muscle with the occasional help from a whey protein supp is something I would have happily settled for 10 years ago. I have gone from being the skinniest guy in the room to being one of the very few guys in good shape.

From here my goal is to add another 10 lbs while staying around 15% BF. I reckon I'll be pretty satisfied with myself once I get there.
    * Skinny to non skinny transformation crew * - I am gonna effin nail this