varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Guessing how far along you are in pregnancy

Alright my friend and I are trying to figure out how far along she is. I don't have kids so I'm not much help but I feel bad because she doesn't want anyone else to know. She has an appointment on Saturday for an abortion, they do up until 20 weeks, but she is paranoid that she is at/past that, and wants to feel prepared. I made a little chart to make this short/understandable as possible...

Beginning of November - believes to have had last period.
    Sometime in November - had sex one last time with ex boyfriend.
    Beginning of December - missed period / had sex with new guy.
    End of December/New Years - cramps, sore nipples, felt like period was coming / had sex with new guy again.
    Week or two into January - more symptoms including boobs grew a little, morning sickness / went to doctor and positive pregnancy test

At first she thought it was from the new guy. Now she tells me about having sex with her ex boyfriend (they broke up in October so I'm assuming had sex up until then) in November. Personally I think it's from the ex boyfriend, which would bring her to 13-14 weeks. I don't see how she could have started showing symptoms so soon from the new guy. Also, she is not showing but is a little bloated (can suck in her stomach). If she had gotten pregnant in October or even September, I'm assuming she'd be showing and would have had symptoms way earlier.

Opinions? Thank you!

I want to look like you.. mrmbm's Avatar
    mrmbm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmbm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmbm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmbm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmbm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmbm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmbm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmbm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmbm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmbm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmbm is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by varukers View Post
    Alright my friend and I are trying to figure out how far along she is. I don't have kids so I'm not much help but I feel bad because she doesn't want anyone else to know. She has an appointment on Saturday for an abortion, they do up until 20 weeks, but she is paranoid that she is at/past that, and wants to feel prepared. I made a little chart to make this short/understandable as possible...

Beginning of November - believes to have had last period.
    Sometime in November - had sex one last time with ex boyfriend.
    Beginning of December - missed period / had sex with new guy.
    End of December/New Years - cramps, sore nipples, felt like period was coming / had sex with new guy again.
    Week or two into January - more symptoms including boobs grew a little, morning sickness / went to doctor and positive pregnancy test

At first she thought it was from the new guy. Now she tells me about having sex with her ex boyfriend (they broke up in October so I'm assuming had sex up until then) in November. Personally I think it's from the ex boyfriend, which would bring her to 13-14 weeks. I don't see how she could have started showing symptoms so soon from the new guy. Also, she is not showing but is a little bloated (can suck in her stomach). If she had gotten pregnant in October or even September, I'm assuming she'd be showing and would have had symptoms way earlier.

Opinions? Thank you!

You typically count pregnancy from the first day of your last period, so if she had her last period in early November, she would be at least 12 weeks pregnant. My money is on the ex boyfriend, too. However, they will do an ultrasound before the termination to verify the dates.

Sorry to hear about your friend...although I'm pro choice, its a decision that has got to be difficult to make. Best of luck to her.
    I'm never gonna be this fat again...
    --------------------------

*TEAM AMAZON* Sisterhood of Iron

My latest journal! Follow along...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141007621

silverlining84 is a name known to all. (+5000) silverlining84 is a name known to all. (+5000) silverlining84 is a name known to all. (+5000) silverlining84 is a name known to all. (+5000) silverlining84 is a name known to all. (+5000) silverlining84 is a name known to all. (+5000) silverlining84 is a name known to all. (+5000) silverlining84 is a name known to all. (+5000) silverlining84 is a name known to all. (+5000) silverlining84 is a name known to all. (+5000) silverlining84 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My guess is 13 weeks.

Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If I'm not mistaken they do ultrasounds before they perform the abortion, to measure the size of the fetus. I'm only 6 week 3 days pregnant but I felt my pregnancy symptoms around the 2.5 week pregnant mark. Of course the test kept coming back negative but finally at 3 week 4 days I got a positive pregnancy test.
    Celebrating the birth of my 3rd crotch dropping :)

Myshell87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Myshell87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Myshell87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Myshell87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Myshell87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Myshell87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Myshell87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Myshell87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Myshell87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Myshell87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Myshell87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I believe that it is usually taken from the first day after your last period.

So if that was early Feb, your friend would be around the 12-14 week mark.

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yes around 12-14 weeks.

The thought of a termination at 12-14 weeks makes me sad, I must admit. You can start to feel kicks around 14-16 weeks. Does your friend know what a 12-14 week fetus looks like?

I'm pro choice, but I struggle with it. I felt mine kick at 16 weeks. They look very human at 12-14 weeks.

Good luck to your friend with her decision.

varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by sonti View Post
    Yes around 12-14 weeks.

The thought of a termination at 12-14 weeks makes me sad, I must admit. You can start to feel kicks around 14-16 weeks. Does your friend know what a 12-14 week fetus looks like?

I'm pro choice, but I struggle with it. I felt mine kick at 16 weeks. They look very human at 12-14 weeks.

Good luck to your friend with her decision.

Well a fetus is a fetus. It eventually becomes a baby at some point. What is looks like won't change her financial situation.

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by varukers View Post
    Well a fetus is a fetus. It eventually becomes a baby at some point. What is looks like won't change her financial situation.
    Image of a 13 week "fetus" sure looks a lot like a baby to me...
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

The more I workout at commercial gyms, the more I hate commercial gyms.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

****READ THIS****
    1. DO NOT ASK ME TO DELETE YOUR OLD THREADS. Think before you post.
    2. Blame yourself if you're banned.

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have to ask, has she thought about adoption? so many people who would love to have a baby cant. (some very close friends of mine have been trying for a few years) that would be a good way to go AND she could get financial help.
    I know its a hard decision to make.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by rockangel View Post
    I have to ask, has she thought about adoption? so many people who would love to have a baby cant. (some very close friends of mine have been trying for a few years) that would be a good way to go AND she could get financial help.
    I know its a hard decision to make.
    Oh noes! But if people find out her social status will go down! Can't have that!

sbilyeu75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbilyeu75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbilyeu75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbilyeu75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbilyeu75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbilyeu75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbilyeu75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbilyeu75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbilyeu75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbilyeu75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbilyeu75 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    She can start having syptoms within just a couple of weeks of conception. I was 6 months before I was really showing. As a woman who struggles to concieve, that particular choice hurts my heart.