Reply
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Registered User varukers's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2010
    Age: 31
    Posts: 287
    Rep Power: 161
    varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    varukers is offline

    Guessing how far along you are in pregnancy

    Alright my friend and I are trying to figure out how far along she is. I don't have kids so I'm not much help but I feel bad because she doesn't want anyone else to know. She has an appointment on Saturday for an abortion, they do up until 20 weeks, but she is paranoid that she is at/past that, and wants to feel prepared. I made a little chart to make this short/understandable as possible...

    Beginning of November - believes to have had last period.
    Sometime in November - had sex one last time with ex boyfriend.
    Beginning of December - missed period / had sex with new guy.
    End of December/New Years - cramps, sore nipples, felt like period was coming / had sex with new guy again.
    Week or two into January - more symptoms including boobs grew a little, morning sickness / went to doctor and positive pregnancy test

    At first she thought it was from the new guy. Now she tells me about having sex with her ex boyfriend (they broke up in October so I'm assuming had sex up until then) in November. Personally I think it's from the ex boyfriend, which would bring her to 13-14 weeks. I don't see how she could have started showing symptoms so soon from the new guy. Also, she is not showing but is a little bloated (can suck in her stomach). If she had gotten pregnant in October or even September, I'm assuming she'd be showing and would have had symptoms way earlier.

    Opinions? Thank you!
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    I want to look like you.. mrmbm's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2010
    Location: Vermont, United States
    Age: 46
    Posts: 1,477
    Rep Power: 697
    mrmbm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmbm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmbm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmbm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmbm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmbm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmbm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmbm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmbm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmbm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmbm is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    mrmbm is offline
    Originally Posted by varukers View Post
    Alright my friend and I are trying to figure out how far along she is. I don't have kids so I'm not much help but I feel bad because she doesn't want anyone else to know. She has an appointment on Saturday for an abortion, they do up until 20 weeks, but she is paranoid that she is at/past that, and wants to feel prepared. I made a little chart to make this short/understandable as possible...

    Beginning of November - believes to have had last period.
    Sometime in November - had sex one last time with ex boyfriend.
    Beginning of December - missed period / had sex with new guy.
    End of December/New Years - cramps, sore nipples, felt like period was coming / had sex with new guy again.
    Week or two into January - more symptoms including boobs grew a little, morning sickness / went to doctor and positive pregnancy test

    At first she thought it was from the new guy. Now she tells me about having sex with her ex boyfriend (they broke up in October so I'm assuming had sex up until then) in November. Personally I think it's from the ex boyfriend, which would bring her to 13-14 weeks. I don't see how she could have started showing symptoms so soon from the new guy. Also, she is not showing but is a little bloated (can suck in her stomach). If she had gotten pregnant in October or even September, I'm assuming she'd be showing and would have had symptoms way earlier.

    Opinions? Thank you!


    You typically count pregnancy from the first day of your last period, so if she had her last period in early November, she would be at least 12 weeks pregnant. My money is on the ex boyfriend, too. However, they will do an ultrasound before the termination to verify the dates.

    Sorry to hear about your friend...although I'm pro choice, its a decision that has got to be difficult to make. Best of luck to her.
    I'm never gonna be this fat again...
    --------------------------

    *TEAM AMAZON* Sisterhood of Iron

    My latest journal! Follow along...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141007621
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Registered User silverlining84's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2010
    Location: BC, Canada
    Posts: 890
    Rep Power: 8691
    silverlining84 is a name known to all. (+5000) silverlining84 is a name known to all. (+5000) silverlining84 is a name known to all. (+5000) silverlining84 is a name known to all. (+5000) silverlining84 is a name known to all. (+5000) silverlining84 is a name known to all. (+5000) silverlining84 is a name known to all. (+5000) silverlining84 is a name known to all. (+5000) silverlining84 is a name known to all. (+5000) silverlining84 is a name known to all. (+5000) silverlining84 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    silverlining84 is offline
    My guess is 13 weeks.
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    BREEDER! Carlycavwifey's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2010
    Age: 35
    Posts: 511
    Rep Power: 459
    Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Carlycavwifey is offline
    If I'm not mistaken they do ultrasounds before they perform the abortion, to measure the size of the fetus. I'm only 6 week 3 days pregnant but I felt my pregnancy symptoms around the 2.5 week pregnant mark. Of course the test kept coming back negative but finally at 3 week 4 days I got a positive pregnancy test.
    Celebrating the birth of my 3rd crotch dropping :)
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Registered User Myshell87's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2008
    Location: Australia
    Posts: 692
    Rep Power: 319
    Myshell87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Myshell87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Myshell87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Myshell87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Myshell87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Myshell87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Myshell87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Myshell87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Myshell87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Myshell87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Myshell87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Myshell87 is offline
    I believe that it is usually taken from the first day after your last period.

    So if that was early Feb, your friend would be around the 12-14 week mark.
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Registered User sonti's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2009
    Posts: 5,166
    Rep Power: 8263
    sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    sonti is offline
    Yes around 12-14 weeks.

    The thought of a termination at 12-14 weeks makes me sad, I must admit. You can start to feel kicks around 14-16 weeks. Does your friend know what a 12-14 week fetus looks like?

    I'm pro choice, but I struggle with it. I felt mine kick at 16 weeks. They look very human at 12-14 weeks.

    Good luck to your friend with her decision.
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Registered User varukers's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2010
    Age: 31
    Posts: 287
    Rep Power: 161
    varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    varukers is offline
    Originally Posted by sonti View Post
    Yes around 12-14 weeks.

    The thought of a termination at 12-14 weeks makes me sad, I must admit. You can start to feel kicks around 14-16 weeks. Does your friend know what a 12-14 week fetus looks like?

    I'm pro choice, but I struggle with it. I felt mine kick at 16 weeks. They look very human at 12-14 weeks.

    Good luck to your friend with her decision.

    Well a fetus is a fetus. It eventually becomes a baby at some point. What is looks like won't change her financial situation.
    Reply With Quote

  8. #8
    MMA Mod of Patience - lol cgc's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2005
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States
    Posts: 21,470
    Rep Power: 1324709
    cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    cgc is offline
    Originally Posted by varukers View Post
    Well a fetus is a fetus. It eventually becomes a baby at some point. What is looks like won't change her financial situation.
    Image of a 13 week "fetus" sure looks a lot like a baby to me...
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

    The more I workout at commercial gyms, the more I hate commercial gyms.

    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

    ****READ THIS****
    1. DO NOT ASK ME TO DELETE YOUR OLD THREADS. Think before you post.
    2. Blame yourself if you're banned.
    Reply With Quote

  9. #9
    pirate ninja kitteh rockangel's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2010
    Location: , United States
    Age: 38
    Posts: 5,042
    Rep Power: 18417
    rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    rockangel is offline
    I have to ask, has she thought about adoption? so many people who would love to have a baby cant. (some very close friends of mine have been trying for a few years) that would be a good way to go AND she could get financial help.
    I know its a hard decision to make.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

    MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

    No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.
    Reply With Quote

  10. #10
    Banned CoffeCanSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2007
    Posts: 6,013
    Rep Power: 0
    CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    CoffeCanSlayer is offline
    Originally Posted by rockangel View Post
    I have to ask, has she thought about adoption? so many people who would love to have a baby cant. (some very close friends of mine have been trying for a few years) that would be a good way to go AND she could get financial help.
    I know its a hard decision to make.
    Oh noes! But if people find out her social status will go down! Can't have that!
    Reply With Quote

  11. #11
    Registered User sbilyeu75's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2010
    Location: Ohio, United States
    Age: 44
    Posts: 203
    Rep Power: 198
    sbilyeu75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbilyeu75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbilyeu75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbilyeu75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbilyeu75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbilyeu75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbilyeu75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbilyeu75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbilyeu75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbilyeu75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbilyeu75 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    sbilyeu75 is offline
    She can start having syptoms within just a couple of weeks of conception. I was 6 months before I was really showing. As a woman who struggles to concieve, that particular choice hurts my heart.
    Reply With Quote

Similar Threads

  1. Guys with girlfriends, when you are out at bars, how far do you go with girls?
    By I Lift Weights in forum Relationships and Relationship Help
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 06-28-2012, 11:24 AM
  2. How far do you think you are?
    By DeadDumbbell501 in forum Religion and Politics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-20-2010, 01:19 PM
  3. college students, how far in debt are you?
    By user3657 in forum Misc.
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 10-08-2009, 11:40 PM
  4. How far in debt are you/have you been?
    By rude boy in forum Misc.
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 08-20-2008, 02:53 PM
  5. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 12-18-2001, 04:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts