Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by hieronymous View Post
    I find that using 'Because I like it.' works well when people comment on actions I do that seem out of the ordinary. I don't get it about food since I don't have to eat with my coworkers but get a lot of comments about walking and taking the bus rather than owning a car. They feel sorry for you - but when you tell them that you actually like it that way they tend to back off.
    Ooo that's another thing. Seems like co workers will talk crap any chance they have. My friend used to walk to work a few blocks away and she had a car, people would always say (in a snobby tone) "why does she walk to work when she has a car? what a waste of money on a car"

hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by varukers View Post
    Ooo that's another thing. Seems like co workers will talk crap any chance they have. My friend used to walk to work a few blocks away and she had a car, people would always say (in a snobby tone) "why does she walk to work when she has a car? what a waste of money on a car"
    I try my best to be respectful to car drivers and can sort of understand how personal car travel is ingrained as indispensable in our society but some people's attitudes are exactly like people who eat differently. People think it gives them more freedom but in a lot of ways it takes it away you can't take shortcuts and miss out on a lot of 'smelling the roses' kind of stuff. /ot
    Love others well, but love thyself the most

Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If they are close co workers I wouldn't alienate them.

It is annoying but I would just laugh, roll my eyes and say 'a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do continue laughing.

Always aim for politeness or silence and you will have the higher ground.. after all you look awesome.. so you don't need to say anything.

Even a smile and a wink would be enough to get the message across and make them feel like **** ..........srs.
    -------------------------------------------------

Dee

seanb1979 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) seanb1979 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) seanb1979 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) seanb1979 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) seanb1979 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) seanb1979 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) seanb1979 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) seanb1979 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) seanb1979 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) seanb1979 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) seanb1979 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Whatanejit View Post
    If they are close co workers I wouldn't alienate them.

It is annoying but I would just laugh, roll my eyes and say 'a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do continue laughing.

Always aim for politeness or silence and you will have the higher ground.. after all you look awesome.. so you don't need to say anything.

Even a smile and a wink would be enough to get the message across and make them feel like **** ..........srs.
    Pretty much this. If you look for conflict in the work place, you'll be doomed unless you're good friends with the higher-ups.
    A million miles away - I don't.. feel.... anything.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXGZu4yxjW0

seanb1979 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) seanb1979 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) seanb1979 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) seanb1979 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) seanb1979 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) seanb1979 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) seanb1979 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) seanb1979 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) seanb1979 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) seanb1979 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) seanb1979 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    @ Sean, Lying about having a disease is screwed up and not funny. Responding with an answer like "This is just how I eat" is not arguing, it's answering a question truthfully.

"Why aren't you having one of the donuts I brought in? You can't splurge once in a while?"
    "I'm sorry I'm diabetic" instead of "I don't eat donuts, thanks for asking though"

BAHAHHA how pathetic...
    Couldn't really give a **** if you think its pathetic. My way, people will never comment on your food habits again. Your way, they will constantly harass you because they know it bothers you. Good luck with that.

Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wouter1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Acon83 View Post
    I am a teacher, and I work with some "bigger" people who tend to eat these giant, and very unhealthy lunches. I never judge them though, because it's not my business.

However, I typically eat some sort of raw veggies, and protein (chicken breast, turkey...ya know) and I get these ridiculous comments about "depriving" myself, and my "rabbit food" I just can't stand the fact that they will comment negatively on my healthy lifestyle, yet I never say a word about their artery clogging fat food!
    They like to comment on my "dieting" as well....even though I've eaten like this forever! I'm sensing jealousy maybe? Another girl at the table is also thin, and eats very healthy. They give her the same crap. And, they actually get attitudes when we dont stuff ourselves with the sweet treats they bring to share!
    and i f I bring a protein shake into the mix, all hell breaks loose! "Whats that?!? are you trying to get "big"?! Eww! Eat something!" it's VERY annoying!

should I give it back to them, explain my reasoning, or just deal with it? P.S. these are VERY close co-workers, who I would consider friends...
    u consider them as friends, that makes it hard :O
    anyway, there was this company i worked at and this guy said i was torturing myself and not enjoying life. so i told him i felt sorry for him that was all he enjoyed in life. got fed up with the comments. anyway the people at that office could take it, it might actually hurt making such comments towards the "big" people.
    first day i walked in at the office with my tupperwear they told me i wouldnt last, but i did. they made comments every single day for 8 months, except for those that positively commented my body. so i do believe its jaleousy.
    you have to estimate by yourself whether you will hurt some ones feelings or not, at the office i worked at every one was just acting like a clown all day so i knew what i could and couldn't say.
    but face it, they will never understand

varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by seanb1979 View Post
    Couldn't really give a **** if you think its pathetic. My way, people will never comment on your food habits again. Your way, they will constantly harass you because they know it bothers you. Good luck with that.
    Well my condolences, you don't have a back bone and are too lazy to stand up for yourself.

What if someone asks about the the diabetes...would you say brb gotta go to the bathroom.... then find the nearest computer to google the disease and make up more lies...

Carbs are my friend... vandalgirl59's Avatar
    vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by TeayotaSoupra View Post
    wait... So is your real name Jessica Rabbit? It would be awesome if you had red hair too...

(what movie was that from? Half cartoon movie...)
    LOL trust me, I get the roger rabbit lines ALLLL the time hahaha!
    ~Impatience never demanded success~

***Calculate your Calorie/Macro Needs HERE --> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380533 ***

gmsd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gmsd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gmsd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gmsd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gmsd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gmsd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gmsd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gmsd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gmsd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gmsd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gmsd has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Just be straight about it.

"I don't want to be rude, but I have to say it because it bothers me. Seriously, you guys need to stop making comments about what I eat. It is my choice. It is my lifestyle. I enjoy it. Please do not disrespect me because I eat healthy and nutritious meals."

Something along those lines. No need to be snide or badmouth. Give it to them straight and they'll appreciate it and if they're not *******s they'll stop.
    yucky yucky yucky yucky yucky all day

Well my condolences, you don't have a back bone and are too lazy to stand up for yourself.

What if someone asks about the the diabetes...would you say brb gotta go to the bathroom.... then find the nearest computer to google the disease and make up more lies...
    Oh shut the fck up and quit making it out to be more than it is. I have more backbone than you'll ever have. You're young and dumb and will quickly find out the ways of higher-end work places if you ever get your ass out of that titty bar.

kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by hieronymous View Post
    I find that using 'Because I like it.' works well when people comment on actions I do that seem out of the ordinary.
    That's what I say, it usually shuts them up. I mean, what can you really say to that? And if they push further, I say, "my body and my mind function better on healthy food". That really gets them.

I believe its called jealousy and lack of self esteem.
    Karen

Oh shut the fck up and quit making it out to be more than it is. I have more backbone than you'll ever have. You're young and dumb and will quickly find out the ways of higher-end work places if you ever get your ass out of that titty bar.
    lmao you don't even know me.

I thought we were discussing co-workers commenting about healthy eating habits. Didn't realize you had to work in a "high end place" to run into that problem...

And what's up with the personal attacks? This isn't the first thread where you've mentioned my PT job out of no where. Bringing up that I waitress at a strip club just makes you look like an idiot, and it doesn't insult me.

Not to mention you give me a random negative rep on a bodyfat measurement thread and wrote "bang bang bang".

You do realize that this is a female forum? Find another hobby, tough guy.
    Last edited by varukers; 02-10-2011 at 05:20 PM.

lisanic11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lisanic11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lisanic11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lisanic11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lisanic11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lisanic11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lisanic11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lisanic11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lisanic11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lisanic11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lisanic11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I hear ya! Sick of what are you eating? Why are you eating that? You don't need 2 lose weight, drives me crazy! People don't have a clue.

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lmao you don't even know me.

I thought we were discussing co-workers commenting about healthy eating habits. Didn't realize you had to work in a "high end place" to run into that problem...

And what's up with the personal attacks? This isn't the first thread where you've mentioned my PT job out of no where. Bringing up that I waitress at a strip club just makes you look like an idiot, and it doesn't insult me.

Not to mention you give me a random negative rep on a bodyfat measurement thread and wrote "bang bang bang".

You do realize that this is a female forum? Find another hobby, tough guy.
    Are you two in love or something?
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by discdoggie View Post
    Yeah, everybody either is in love or flirting, must be the approaching V-day

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by discdoggie View Post
    LOL, their the Fem Misc section equivalent of Mindi and I. lol.
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

iHeartFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) iHeartFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) iHeartFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) iHeartFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) iHeartFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) iHeartFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) iHeartFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) iHeartFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) iHeartFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) iHeartFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) iHeartFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I get the same crap at work. I think people just dont understand and therefore feel like they have to criticize it. My best advice is to just ignore them. Being co workers you dont want to cause a scene. Just keep telling yourself how much better you look then them works for me!!