Closed Thread
Page 35 of 333 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 135 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 9990
    FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatWhiteKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by .aeterna View Post
    thanks guys ! it was really disheartening to see my strength go down so much the past few weeks..todays workout was a huge pick me up

to above poster, IF isnt really something u do on-off...its supposed to simplify your life- just stick to the 16 hour fast. if that means eating in a 4 hour window even, do it (thats what i do)
    I was thinking of fasting Sunday-Thursday 4-8pm, then doing a 4-12am fast on Friday and Saturday where I would get almost all carbs and a large bulk of my calories before work, with a satiating snack when I get home.
    Cavs / Browns / Buckeyes / Indians

fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000)
    thanks guys ! it was really disheartening to see my strength go down so much the past few weeks..todays workout was a huge pick me up

to above poster, IF isnt really something u do on-off...its supposed to simplify your life- just stick to the 16 hour fast. if that means eating in a 4 hour window even, do it (thats what i do)
    good stuff man.

are you eating at deficit on work out days too?

Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Are you guys like me and get very neurotic about losing strength on a cut?? I guess it's a good thing to some extent, since we all know that losing a lot of strength during a cut will more than likely also mean losing a lot of muscle mass.

I constantly try to get a feeling for my lifts, if I feel weaker... but perhaps it's only good
    My recommended reading

http://www.alanaragonblog.com/ - great research review /w practical considerations!

http://www.biolayne.com.com/ - natural bodybuilder Layne Norton!

http:://www.bodyrecomposition.com - Lyle McDonald's site - tons of great articles!

Daewoo_Lanos is a name known to all. (+5000) Daewoo_Lanos is a name known to all. (+5000) Daewoo_Lanos is a name known to all. (+5000) Daewoo_Lanos is a name known to all. (+5000) Daewoo_Lanos is a name known to all. (+5000) Daewoo_Lanos is a name known to all. (+5000) Daewoo_Lanos is a name known to all. (+5000) Daewoo_Lanos is a name known to all. (+5000) Daewoo_Lanos is a name known to all. (+5000) Daewoo_Lanos is a name known to all. (+5000) Daewoo_Lanos is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Jenslyn17 View Post
    Are you guys like me and get very neurotic about losing strength on a cut?? I guess it's a good thing to some extent, since we all know that losing a lot of strength during a cut will more than likely also mean losing a lot of muscle mass.

I constantly try to get a feeling for my lifts, if I feel weaker... but perhaps it's only good
    i wouldnt say im very neurotic, but the only thing i care about on a cut is not losing strength.

most successful cuts of my life started after eating cals that kept the scale moving down but my lifts stayed the same or increased very slightly.

before that, my cuts were fail cuts (they seemed ok at the time but looking back now they were pure fail). gave up too much strength and muscle just to get lean.

but thats just me

.aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by fni View Post
    good stuff man.

are you eating at deficit on work out days too?
    yep, 500 cal deficit every day

and regarding above, i look at strength progression as a sign of muscle retention (probably not true, but thats just my thinking with cuts) - i monitor my strength closely with my weight loss. i train in a powerlifting way that is solely around building up bigger compound lifts since i dont expect much (if any) lean muscle growth in a deficit.

Dameem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dameem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dameem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dameem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dameem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dameem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dameem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dameem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dameem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dameem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dameem is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ErickStevens View Post
    Mannnnn... I chew like a pack of gum per day and I've been losing 1-2lbs per week since January 1st.
    LOL, thought you guys would use your common sense to get what I'm saying, but sure, I can break my words down for you if it makes it easier:
    When I referred to counting calories from gum, I though you would immediately understand what I meant was B4 you break your fast, not after.

Some people, like myself, used to chew on a whole pack, like yourself, during the fast. 12Sticks=60Kcal. which most likely would knock you out of your fasted state.
    When you have your first meal post workout, well duh...you can eat 5 packets and still lose weight.

I was just worried about some guys who would chew more than one pack a day and think its fine since the word "sugar free" is written on the label.
    Go to calorieking.com and check it out. Every Wrigley's "sugar free" stick does contain 5 calories.
    I don't need a heart which can't sustain with what the mind wants.
    =========================================
    Team Hyaduck Posse 201X

Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jenslyn17 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Daewoo_Lanos View Post
    i wouldnt say im very neurotic, but the only thing i care about on a cut is not losing strength.

most successful cuts of my life started after eating cals that kept the scale moving down but my lifts stayed the same or increased very slightly.

before that, my cuts were fail cuts (they seemed ok at the time but looking back now they were pure fail). gave up too much strength and muscle just to get lean.

but thats just me
    Yea, I guess actually is a very solid indicator that you aren't losing muscle mass if you keep your strength... it's easy to get in the mindset that you lose muscle while cutting when you measurements shrink and so on, but the weights don't lie I guess ^^
    My recommended reading

http://www.alanaragonblog.com/ - great research review /w practical considerations!

http:://www.bodyrecomposition.com - Lyle McDonald's site - tons of great articles!

Daewoo_Lanos is a name known to all. (+5000) Daewoo_Lanos is a name known to all. (+5000) Daewoo_Lanos is a name known to all. (+5000) Daewoo_Lanos is a name known to all. (+5000) Daewoo_Lanos is a name known to all. (+5000) Daewoo_Lanos is a name known to all. (+5000) Daewoo_Lanos is a name known to all. (+5000) Daewoo_Lanos is a name known to all. (+5000) Daewoo_Lanos is a name known to all. (+5000) Daewoo_Lanos is a name known to all. (+5000) Daewoo_Lanos is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yea, I guess actually is a very solid indicator that you aren't losing muscle mass if you keep your strength... it's easy to get in the mindset that you lose muscle while cutting when you measurements shrink and so on, but the weights don't lie I guess ^^
    that's how i see it.

while i'm sure keeping strength = keeping mass is not full proof, it's worked well enough for me.

i hear so many people saying do more reps and volume for cutting, and i tell them just lift everything exactly as you've been doing it and try to lift the same weight as if your life depends on it and just go on a diet.

it's funny because the intensity you bring trying to lift the same weight on an 800 calorie deficit and lower than normal carbs can actually have you getting stronger for a while while you're cutting.

Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Daewoo_Lanos View Post
    that's how i see it.

while i'm sure keeping strength = keeping mass is not full proof, it's worked well enough for me.

i hear so many people saying do more reps and volume for cutting, and i tell them just lift everything exactly as you've been doing it and try to lift the same weight as if your life depends on it and just go on a diet.

it's funny because the intensity you bring trying to lift the same weight on an 800 calorie deficit and lower than normal carbs can actually have you getting stronger for a while while you're cutting.
    Against all the 'expert' advise I started Dogcrapp training December 1st while CUTTING. I am getting leaner and my lifts are improving EVERY single workout. Some days it's just 1 rep, some days it's 4 reps extra. But every workout I am able to lift more, again; all while cutting.

I blame IF for this and you don't hear me complaining. Eating below 2k calories on rest days, and a little above on training days. Bodyfat is moving and strength increasing. Win/win !?
    Iron, sometimes it sets my teeth on edge, other times it helps me control the chaos.

++ Positivity Crew ++

Originally Posted by Dexter3000 View Post
    Against all the 'expert' advise I started Dogcrapp training December 1st while CUTTING. I am getting leaner and my lifts are improving EVERY single workout. Some days it's just 1 rep, some days it's 4 reps extra. But every workout I am able to lift more, again; all while cutting.

I blame IF for this and you don't hear me complaining. Eating below 2k calories on rest days, and a little above on training days. Bodyfat is moving and strength increasing. Win/win !?
    every time i cut since i only started focusing on keeping strength, i've finished my cut stronger than i started it. not by much, but definitely stronger.

then get to add in the cals to bulk up and set all time PRs every week for a while

This thread is great for getting some concerns addressed

Wanna ask you guys if you experience the same as me, name that you actually look the worst during the day following the biggest meal? I feel like I look bloated... not in the obvious sense that my tummy sticks out a bit, but just a bit less defined and softer!

Maybe I'm just fooling myself though. A couple of theories

1. Carbs can cause some bloat, right? But also glycogen can make muscles look fuller as I've understood it... but perhaps such a big intake will cause some bloat

2. I often hear that the reason you get tired after a big meal is that blood from your body rushes to your stomach when you digest the food. This maybe stupid as hell, but could it be that you get to look a bit less cut because you have less blood in, say, your extremeties (such as your arms) in the hours following a big feast?

Just pondering a bit and I may be way off... but anyone noticed that they look their worst following the big meal of te day, and not just because the tummy get a bit more bulgy?
    My recommended reading

Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Damn man, 2k cals? You've got a clear 4" taller on me and I'm cutting at approx 2250, your results must be stellar!

Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Shazriki View Post
    Damn man, 2k cals? You've got a clear 4" taller on me and I'm cutting at approx 2250, your results must be stellar!
    I'm testing out some different approaches. Including refeeds I never get below 2k on daily average. It is low but as longs as I am getting stronger, I don't think muscle mass is decreasing.

Looking forward to my slow bulk though!
    Iron, sometimes it sets my teeth on edge, other times it helps me control the chaos.

++ Positivity Crew ++

bazak is on a distinguished road. (+10) bazak is on a distinguished road. (+10) bazak is on a distinguished road. (+10) bazak is on a distinguished road. (+10) bazak is on a distinguished road. (+10) bazak is on a distinguished road. (+10) bazak is on a distinguished road. (+10) bazak is on a distinguished road. (+10) bazak is on a distinguished road. (+10) bazak is on a distinguished road. (+10) bazak is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Leangains style routine

Hi,

I know someone posted their interpretation of a leangains routine a while back but can't seem to find it. Do any of you follow a reverse pyramid style routine with deadlift, squat, bench and chin days? Any chance you can post the routine? Been following a push/pull/legs routine for some time now with solid gains however due to time constraints I need to change and was hoping to try something in line with Martins recommendations.

Thanks

ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    475 x 2 on deadlifts yesterday. Third straight week with another fasted PR.
    "Nutrition for powerlifting: If you are serious about it, you will eat f*cking everything and get strong as $hit." - HamburgerTrain
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163165741

I'm VitaminVendetta PerpetualMotion's Avatar
    PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Muscle mass and strength aren't exactly connected. You can find plenty of people who are INCREDIBLY strong but never leave a fairly low weight class. Strength training does help prevent muscle wasting (according to some research) but declining/inclining numbers does not equal decreasing/increasing muscle mass. You can become very strong while being relatively small.

Also, if you lose, for example, 20lbs in 8 weeks but your 1RM Bench Press stayed at 250lbs then you have actually got stronger, MUCH stronger. People only think of strength in the absolute. There's still relative strength. Relative to your body weight, you're getting stronger.

Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by FatWhiteKid View Post
    Is it alright to shorten the fast 2 days a week? I work from 5pm-11pm/Midnight on Friday/Saturday, not only does this interfere with my eating time (4-8pm) but I don't think I could manage to eat 12-4pm on those days and go to bed at midnight after working a 6/7 hour shift hungry as hell.
    So what would your schedule look like in terms of fasting/training/eating or just fasting/eating?

Mentally keep yourself there. Tell yourself you're getting stronger, and the weight sitting in front of you is going to get blown up. Get mad. Get cocky. Tap into that fight or flight response..choose fight.

If you can train yourself to be able to generate amazing intensity quickly, your strength will grow a ton. I can't tell you how many times I've faced weight that was just sitting there laughing at me, mocking me, telling me I wasn't strong enough, I didn't have the will or ability to move it. Then I flipped that switch, picked it up like it was a peanut(RC) and threw it around like I owned it.

Originally Posted by NotHereOrThere View Post
    OK venting for a second!!

DAMN YOU STUBBORN FAT!! Cut is going well, but damn lower back fat is hanging out like a MOFO!!

Never been at this low of bf in my life so it is my first time experiencing this. Slow and steady, it will happen.
    pics?

Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blitz n destroy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Set 5 fasted ALL TIME PR's yesterday.

Dogg Crapp and a couple of variations on HIT are actually amazing for dropping weight/maintaining strength, one of those variations I like to use with clients for cutting/recomp.

Win/win!

FTW!

Originally Posted by PerpetualMotion View Post
    Muscle mass and strength aren't exactly connected. You can find plenty of people who are INCREDIBLY strong but never leave a fairly low weight class. Strength training does help prevent muscle wasting (according to some research) but declining/inclining numbers does not equal decreasing/increasing muscle mass. You can become very strong while being relatively small.

Also, if you lose, for example, 20lbs in 8 weeks but your 1RM Bench Press stayed at 250lbs then you have actually got stronger, MUCH stronger. People only think of strength in the absolute. There's still relative strength. Relative to your body weight, you're getting stronger.
    People miss out that strength is primarily neural(training your CNS).

bassitos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassitos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassitos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy

Can i make a simples question?
    I don't know if i am troubling myself, but i am mixing potatoes and veggies after workout, no problem concerning this or is better just take potatoes for the high gli index ?

Thanks, (:

Originally Posted by bassitos View Post
    Can i make a simples question?
    I don't know if i am troubling myself, but i am mixing potatoes and veggies after workout, no problem concerning this or is better just take potatoes for the high gli index ?

Thanks, (:
    Does not matter at all. Don't over think things. Eat steak, potatos, broccoli, whatever.

bassitos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassitos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bassitos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Blitz n destroy View Post
    Does not matter at all. Don't over think things. Eat steak, potatos, broccoli, whatever.
    Ok, thanks for kindness (:

Guys, even for bulking do you low calories 20% as Martin recomeds or no?

(:

zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    big squat day

past two weeks - i felt the symptoms of CUTTING. feeling thinner in clothes..even tho leaner overall- so my mentality was that my strength went down and big surprise...i went to the gym and had workouts of almost 15%-20% less than my best 1RM's

so today, i said this is bs...im gonna go in, do work, and forget that im feeling thinner or that im on some cut (where im "supposed to lose strength")

i am now a member of the 300lb squat club all at a bodyweight of 137lbs (yes u heard it... will not quit till im 10% @ 132)

Love IF!!
    Awesome bud! I just broke into the 300 club too. I was inching my way towards it for weeks doing 285, 290, 295 for reps and finally my good friend who I don't get to train with often was like "just throw 6 F%*king plates on there and DO IT" so I did, got 315 for 6 deeeeeep reps, I was so stoked for that its a huge mental milestone

Kick @ss man Im shooting for the 400 club in the next couple months, Im at 365x5 right now for my heavy set.

BTW also hit a little personal milestone of dips with two plates for weight, 90lbs added 6 reps

p.s. all of those PRs done in the same week and while cutting BOOYA
    IF FTW
    Reps for BTK ALL DAY
    PR or ER

you should try being better than YOURSELF!, it worked for me...

"A calorie deficit is a recovery deficit. Avoid deficit spending, (Martin Berkhan)"

zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ok, thanks for kindness (:

Guys, even for bulking do you low calories 20% as Martin recomeds or no?

(:
    he does make a point to say that you don't need a calorie surplus EVERY day to bulk, just on workout days is more ideal. But you dont need to eat below maintenance on rest days unless you are going for more of a recomp
    Reps for BTK ALL DAY
    PR or ER

"A calorie deficit is a recovery deficit. Avoid deficit spending, (Martin Berkhan)"

sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I did a cut last year and failed, and I think where I failed was in volume. For some stupid reason I tried to increase the volume and wound up losing strength week after week. I lost a lot of weight (~18lbs over 3 months?) but I was down 10-20# on all my lifts.

Lyle McD suggests cutting volume by up to 2/3s in a cut to just maintain muscle and not demand too much in recovery. I'm hoping that approach + IF will enable me to dip into the singles w/o losing too much strength.
    Intensity, Recovery, Nutrition, Sleep- the only things that matter.

Originally Posted by zmustang View Post
    he does make a point to say that you don't need a calorie surplus EVERY day to bulk, just on workout days is more ideal. But you dont need to eat below maintenance on rest days unless you are going for more of a recomp
    I am just a bit in trouble with this, i will give an exemple:

i am 123,2 lb, 18 years and 167cm..... I think. My maintance is 1848, so 2200 on workout days and according the 20% 1400 on off days. Here it is the question, too low?

Some light?

thanks!

This thread is great for getting some concerns addressed

Wanna ask you guys if you experience the same as me, name that you actually look the worst during the day following the biggest meal? I feel like I look bloated... not in the obvious sense that my tummy sticks out a bit, but just a bit less defined and softer!

Maybe I'm just fooling myself though. A couple of theories

1. Carbs can cause some bloat, right? But also glycogen can make muscles look fuller as I've understood it... but perhaps such a big intake will cause some bloat

2. I often hear that the reason you get tired after a big meal is that blood from your body rushes to your stomach when you digest the food. This maybe stupid as hell, but could it be that you get to look a bit less cut because you have less blood in, say, your extremeties (such as your arms) in the hours following a big feast?

Just pondering a bit and I may be way off... but anyone noticed that they look their worst following the big meal of te day, and not just because the tummy get a bit more bulgy?
    Anyone?
    My recommended reading

PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Anyone?
    That used to happen to me but throught time and as my physique developed the bloat occurred less and less. I noticed that my body now processes and partitions calories much better than previously - more lean mass and less BF will do that. I suppose it's somewhat genetic as well.

Now after a huge ass meal, I tend to look leaner and vascularity is through the roof.

Just my own experience.
    BRAINS & GAINS

Strong Mind + Strong Body = UNSTOPPABLE

Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Locavore will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am just a bit in trouble with this, i will give an exemple:

i am 123,2 lb, 18 years and 167cm..... I think. My maintance is 1848, so 2200 on workout days and according the 20% 1400 on off days. Here it is the question, too low?

Some light?

thanks!
    Too low, in my opinion. You're young and you're lightweight, so I think you should go pretty hard on your bulk. Without going through all the calculations and just using 20xbodyweight as a way to estimate bulking calories, I'd say 2500 on workout days and 2000 on off days (at a minimum). Try that out and see how it goes...
    NFSC Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=663053791

** IF/IIFYM **

Originally Posted by Locavore View Post
    Too low, in my opinion. You're young and you're lightweight, so I think you should go pretty hard on your bulk. Without going through all the calculations and just using 20xbodyweight as a way to estimate bulking calories, I'd say 2500 on workout days and 2000 on off days (at a minimum). Try that out and see how it goes...
    x2!!
    Reps for BTK ALL DAY
    PR or ER

Originally Posted by PBateman2 View Post
    That used to happen to me but throught time and as my physique developed the bloat occurred less and less. I noticed that my body now processes and partitions calories much better than previously - more lean mass and less BF will do that. I suppose it's somewhat genetic as well.

Now after a huge ass meal, I tend to look leaner and vascularity is through the roof.

Just my own experience.
    Hmmm, well that does conflict with my experience... perhaps there's nothing to it
    My recommended reading

Closed Thread