varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Massage chairs...worth the price?

Or those shiatsu massage pad things you put on a chair. I LOVE BACKRUBS but unfortunately don't own a slave to give me one every day. For a long time I've been dying to buy one of those things, and whenever I go into Macy's or somewhere that has them, I HAVE to use it for like 5 minutes.
    Everyone I know who has one, never uses it, or says that it hurts their back.

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So you know that you like it/ it's comfortable when you do it sporadically but you're wondering if it's still enjoyable and not painful / harmful if you did it on a regular basis. I'm assuming this is what you're wondering, correct?

If that's the case, then I'd suggest going into Macy's or wherever it is and using it every day for a week or so (or at whatever frequency you'd plan on if you did buy one).

For me personally, no machine can replace a human's hands. But that's just me. Also, if like it because you've got a lot of knots and built up scar tissue in, on and around your back try using a foam roller. A tennis ball will give you a bit more precision. A golf ball will give you EVEN MORE precision.

If a black foam roller hurts, start w/a white one (those are the softest) then slowly ween yourself towards the more firmer rollers. Right now I myself have graduated to a PVC pipe.. pretty soon I'll use a metal pipe.
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10) varukers is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Keltron View Post
    So you know that you like it/ it's comfortable when you do it sporadically but you're wondering if it's still enjoyable and not painful / harmful if you did it on a regular basis. I'm assuming this is what you're wondering, correct?

If that's the case, then I'd suggest going into Macy's or wherever it is and using it every day for a week or so (or at whatever frequency you'd plan on if you did buy one).

For me personally, no machine can replace a human's hands. But that's just me. Also, if like it because you've got a lot of knots and built up scar tissue in, on and around your back try using a foam roller. A tennis ball will give you a bit more precision. A golf ball will give you EVEN MORE precision.

If a black foam roller hurts, start w/a white one (those are the softest) then slowly ween yourself towards the more firmer rollers. Right now I myself have graduated to a PVC pipe.. pretty soon I'll use a metal pipe.
    Yes. Haha wondering about the long-term usage. Like if it will get annoying after a week. I just don't understand how people own these things and don't use it 24/7.

Well I don't think I could do that...I think I'm just going to shut up and buy one...if, for some ridiculous reason, it doesn't get the job done- then return it and say it's defective and didn't meet my standards, lol.

YEAH well that's the thing I get a lot of crazy knots and those twirling ball things in the chairs are amazing. Rollers hmmm...I should try that too!

seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I always preferred hot tubs with swivel jets
    A million miles away - I don't.. feel.... anything.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXGZu4yxjW0

Myshell87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Myshell87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Myshell87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Myshell87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Myshell87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Myshell87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Myshell87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Myshell87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Myshell87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Myshell87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Myshell87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Personally I dont think its worth it..

My mum went out and bought an expensive one a few years ago and its probably been used a total of like 5 times..

I tried it once but it hurt my back.. Like Keltron said, nothing beats the feeling of human hands.. haha

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Myshell87 View Post
    Personally I dont think its worth it..

My mum went out and bought an expensive one a few years ago and its probably been used a total of like 5 times..

I tried it once but it hurt my back.. Like Keltron said, nothing beats the feeling of human hands.. haha
    Exactly. And to be honest, most of the settings are more uncomfortable than sooting. Especially when it gets lower and it starts punching at my kidneys... I don't know how hurt everyone else.
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

debody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) debody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) debody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) debody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) debody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) debody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) debody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) debody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I scoffed at this, but a friend had one of the pads and it was amazing and particularly good for her during her pregnancy as well. Personally, I would recommend one - far less stressful than having to travel to get a massage, which can undo all the benefits of getting the massage what with busy roads, finding parking and so on.

NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    My husband and I own a coffee farm, so there's a lot of physical labor and sore backs. I got him this one from Costco (about a hundred bucks), and we both love using it...

HoMedics by Charlescraft®
    TherapistSelect™
    Quad-Roller
    Massage Cushion

http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product....018&lang=en-CA

The rolling Shiatsu massage is out of this world!
    “Any idiot can face a crisis, it is this day-to-day living that wears you out.” Anton Chekhov

"10% of life, is what happens to you--90% is how you respond to it."

"I know that I know nothing"--Socrates

Originally Posted by NOVA888 View Post
    My husband and I own a coffee farm, so there's a lot of physical labor and sore backs. I got him this one from Costco (about a hundred bucks), and we both love using it...

HoMedics by Charlescraft®
    TherapistSelect™
    Quad-Roller
    Massage Cushion

http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product....018&lang=en-CA

The rolling Shiatsu massage is out of this world!

Thanks! I will definitely be bookmarking that. They all seem to be around $100. Which makes sense to me as I'd never spend $50 to get a massage at a salon. Plus I don't like being touched!

zyllioninc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Shiatsu Massagers

I have been using the shiatsu massagers for years...I got mine from zyllioninc for a decent price (around $150), they are sold out right now though. They have massage nodes you can choose for your own comfort and the heat therapy really helps with my lower back aches..I'm not so young anymore. It's great that you can conveniently place it where you want it - sometimes I bring it to my office..hope this helps

Alien5 is just really nice. (+1000) Alien5 is just really nice. (+1000) Alien5 is just really nice. (+1000) Alien5 is just really nice. (+1000) Alien5 is just really nice. (+1000) Alien5 is just really nice. (+1000) Alien5 is just really nice. (+1000) Alien5 is just really nice. (+1000) Alien5 is just really nice. (+1000) Alien5 is just really nice. (+1000) Alien5 is just really nice. (+1000)
    lol dont we all wish we had backrub slaves. or at least backrub boyfriends :-) whenever im at the mall if they have those chairs available i try them out. theyre super nice, i would buy one if you have the means.
    I'm not saying its aliens but......it's aliens

toon z

streem26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm in the same delima, so looking any information or reviews on them! I have a friend who bought a takami select massage chair over a year ago. His had held up fine and he uses it for about 15 minutes 5 days a week.

It does a basic back massage with a full recline.

I tried the new top of the line Panasonic massage chair at Sharper Image. It tries to do everything. The back rolling mechanism was nice, but the arm and leg air massages seem like a waste of time and money to me. It would be nice if they sold it without those features for a more reasonable price.

Sharper Image also had another top of the line massage chair with a leg massage that electrically retracted into the chair. This way it looked like a big leather chair -- the massage was better than I expected too, but again very pricey.

aswinstha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've tried a few massage chairs but none of great than Inada for me. Yes, it's a bit high on the price chart but definitely worth the price. The rollers worked just where I wanted it to.

It was upto a point, I feared going to sleep because of the pain I felt when I woke up the next day. But, only after a few sessions on the chair, my mornings weren't that bad. I won't say it completely fixed my back but it definitely relieved me of my long lasting pain.

It also provided me a good warranty and customer service. So, win-win for me. So, if you're getting one, I suggest you go for the Japanese brands as that's what worked for me best. Here is a list: massager[dot]org/massage-chair/japanese-massage-chairs/.

Cheers00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheers00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheers00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheers00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheers00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheers00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheers00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheers00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheers00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheers00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cheers00 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I bought this a few years ago, it's actually pretty great after a stressful day. Not a chair though.

"DR-HO'S Neck Shiatsu Massager", available at Walmart
    - A fatty who is trying really really hard

bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I got a back/neck massaging seatback. I put it on my favorite recliner when I want to use it and take it off when I dont