Page 7 of 128 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 107 ... LastLast
    DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    sidechaining is ducking..like if you listen to certain deadmau5 songs you'll notice every time the kick hits the bassline ducks out for the duration of the kick..thats sidechain compression, a unique effect used to keep low end clarity in the mix.
    hai bra

excess34 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) excess34 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) excess34 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) excess34 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) excess34 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) excess34 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) excess34 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) excess34 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) excess34 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) excess34 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) excess34 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by iForce Dave View Post
    can you clarfy what you mean by sidechaining?

I was talking with someone and we thought sidechaining was two very different things haha

Ive been using sidechaining with a Gate Effect so I can sidechain a synth w/gate to a percussion track and set the gate threshold so that my synth is playing the percussion
    ahh yes you can sidechain almost anything to anything. when i refer to sidechaining bass, i mean sidechaining the bassline with a compressor to a trigger that follows the same pattern as the bass itself. if you're lazy you can just sidechain it to the kick itself but then if you do diff patterns on that same channel, that pattern will still be the trigger. so what i usually do is lay out my kick then once i have the pattern layed out throughout the structure, i duplicate the channel and mute it and use only the attack of the kick as my sidechain compressor trigger. (you don't want to sidechain to the tail)

sidechaining gate to percussion is an awesome way to create sick grooves though.
    New Jersey Crew (973)
    Peaking To Life Crew
    ++ Positive Crew ++

trance music producer brah: http://www.monoversemusic.com

podcast / mixes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/monoverse-radio/id875188987

٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ iForce Dave's Avatar
    iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by excess34 View Post
    ahh yes you can sidechain almost anything to anything. when i refer to sidechaining bass, i mean sidechaining the bassline with a compressor to a trigger that follows the same pattern as the bass itself. if you're lazy you can just sidechain it to the kick itself but then if you do diff patterns on that same channel, that pattern will still be the trigger. so what i usually do is lay out my kick then once i have the pattern layed out throughout the structure, i duplicate the channel and mute it and use only the attack of the kick as my sidechain compressor trigger. (you don't want to sidechain to the tail)

sidechaining gate to percussion is an awesome way to create sick grooves though.
    OK, yeah we are talking about the same thing. I was talking to a DJ(not producer) and they were using the term "sidechaining" to refer to something completely different

sidechaining is ducking..like if you listen to certain deadmau5 songs you'll notice every time the kick hits the bassline ducks out for the duration of the kick..thats sidechain compression, a unique effect used to keep low end clarity in the mix.
    well you can use it in a lot of different ways no? doesnt have to be compression... (sidechaining filters ive found to be a rly good way to add depth) but yea Ive used sidechaining to duck out different instruments.

I was actually working on this last night, still need to do some tweaking to the compression settings tho

Im using it on the a synth pad to the kicks and then also sidechaining two identical kick/snare tracks one reversed and one playing forward and ducking out the tail end of the reversal.
    Last edited by iForce Dave; 06-17-2011 at 07:36 AM.

excess34 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) excess34 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) excess34 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) excess34 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) excess34 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) excess34 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) excess34 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) excess34 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) excess34 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) excess34 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) excess34 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by iForce Dave View Post
    OK, yeah we are talking about the same thing. I was talking to a DJ(not producer) and they were using the term "sidechaining" to refer to something completely different

well you can use it in a lot of different ways no? doesnt have to be compression... (sidechaining filters ive found to be a rly good way to add depth) but yea Ive used sidechaining to duck out different instruments.

I was actually working on this last night, still need to do some tweaking to the compression settings tho

Im using it on the a synth pad to the kicks and then also sidechaining two identical kick/snare tracks one reversed and one playing forward and ducking out the tail end of the reversal.
    indeed, sidechaining only refers to linking the effect you're using via a sound trigger

side note: just heard the first remix of one of our tracks coming out on dangerbox over the summer. chills hearing a remix of your own tune for a signed label although i've had people remix me before, we actually did the package before sending it to a label. this time other way around, they signed our original and got some remixes done. awesomeness.
    New Jersey Crew (973)
    Peaking To Life Crew
    ++ Positive Crew ++

podcast / mixes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/monoverse-radio/id875188987

FUCKautozone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FUCKautozone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FUCKautozone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FUCKautozone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FUCKautozone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FUCKautozone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FUCKautozone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FUCKautozone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FUCKautozone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FUCKautozone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FUCKautozone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

DrSchrodinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrSchrodinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrSchrodinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrSchrodinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrSchrodinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrSchrodinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrSchrodinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrSchrodinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrSchrodinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrSchrodinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrSchrodinger will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The above song is pretty lame.
    S&P
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Arsenal Fan Til I Die
    Phi Kappa Tau

SpiderSense is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiderSense is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiderSense is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiderSense is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiderSense is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiderSense is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiderSense is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiderSense is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiderSense is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiderSense is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiderSense is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Couple more nice breaks for you:

El_Burrito is on a distinguished road. (+10) El_Burrito is on a distinguished road. (+10) El_Burrito is on a distinguished road. (+10) El_Burrito is on a distinguished road. (+10) El_Burrito is on a distinguished road. (+10) El_Burrito is on a distinguished road. (+10) El_Burrito is on a distinguished road. (+10) El_Burrito is on a distinguished road. (+10) El_Burrito is on a distinguished road. (+10) El_Burrito is on a distinguished road. (+10) El_Burrito is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have no idea what this means and I thought I knew a lot about this kind of stuff... Could you please elaborate? Like, sidechaining... gate? How can you sidechain an effect?

SpiderSense is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiderSense is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiderSense is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiderSense is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiderSense is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiderSense is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiderSense is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiderSense is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiderSense is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiderSense is a name known to all. (+5000) SpiderSense is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by El_Burrito View Post
    I have no idea what this means and I thought I knew a lot about this kind of stuff... Could you please elaborate? Like, sidechaining... gate? How can you sidechain an effect?

That's just using it as an effect which is OK.

But in terms of mixing songs, it's a crucial tool.

Example: How everybody is saying kick into bass guitar...So what you're doing is making the volume of the bass drop every time the kick hits.

This does a few things:

1. It allows for you to make the whole song (or specific sections only if you want) really nice and tight because it's carving out pretty much the perfect space from one instrument for another.

2. Because you're using this as opposed to actually dropping instruments in and out you have higher (yet consistent) perceived volume.

It's not only for bass and not only has to be used as an effect, you should almost certainly use it on every track, how much is up to you.

I talked to a guy who makes dope beats for big name artists he said he uses it a TON and has some tracks where almost everything is sidechained into each other.

If anybody else can explain or add on I'd appreciate as I've really only been learning about compressors for the past maybe 6 months.

Originally Posted by SpiderSense View Post
    Just learned about this the other day:

Sound familiar?

Have fun
    Nobody?

It's probably the most famous break beat (and especially snare) in hip-hop:

And I'm sure a ton of other songs I can't be bothered to look for at the moment.

El_Burrito is on a distinguished road. (+10) El_Burrito is on a distinguished road. (+10) El_Burrito is on a distinguished road. (+10) El_Burrito is on a distinguished road. (+10) El_Burrito is on a distinguished road. (+10) El_Burrito is on a distinguished road. (+10) El_Burrito is on a distinguished road. (+10) El_Burrito is on a distinguished road. (+10) El_Burrito is on a distinguished road. (+10) El_Burrito is on a distinguished road. (+10) El_Burrito is on a distinguished road. (+10)

That's just using it as an effect which is OK.

But in terms of mixing songs, it's a crucial tool.

Example: How everybody is saying kick into bass guitar...So what you're doing is making the volume of the bass drop every time the kick hits.

This does a few things:

1. It allows for you to make the whole song (or specific sections only if you want) really nice and tight because it's carving out pretty much the perfect space from one instrument for another.

2. Because you're using this as opposed to actually dropping instruments in and out you have higher (yet consistent) perceived volume.

It's not only for bass and not only has to be used as an effect, you should almost certainly use it on every track, how much is up to you.

I talked to a guy who makes dope beats for big name artists he said he uses it a TON and has some tracks where almost everything is sidechained into each other.

If anybody else can explain or add on I'd appreciate as I've really only been learning about compressors for the past maybe 6 months.
    Yea... that's sidechaining. I'm wondering what you guys mean by sidechaining a gate? I've only heard of sidechaining instruments before

DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkGrey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by El_Burrito View Post
    Yea... that's sidechaining. I'm wondering what you guys mean by sidechaining a gate? I've only heard of sidechaining instruments before
    You can sidechain a combo of effects and instruments together to make a gating type thing.

Like mentioned earlier, you can set all your drums to one mixer slot and then sidechain in a gater or even a volume kill linked to something else in the song, to make your drums drop in and out with the beat. if you guise want i can start doing some tutorial videos this coming week..
    hai bra

Originally Posted by DarkGrey View Post
    You can sidechain a combo of effects and instruments together to make a gating type thing.

Like mentioned earlier, you can set all your drums to one mixer slot and then sidechain in a gater or even a volume kill linked to something else in the song, to make your drums drop in and out with the beat. if you guise want i can start doing some tutorial videos this coming week..
    Dude, that would be awesome of you, I'm sure everyone would appreciate it. It would be sick if you did more in depth tutorials rather than covering the basics (there's lots of that on youtube already) and please do one on using sidechaining and gate. Just another idea... maybe a tutorial on what people mean where they say they sidechain everything to something else? Like if you just randomly sidechain a snare to a hi hat or if there's some kind of logic behind it.

did my best for u guise
    hai bra

DrSchrodinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrSchrodinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrSchrodinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrSchrodinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrSchrodinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrSchrodinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrSchrodinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrSchrodinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrSchrodinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrSchrodinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrSchrodinger will become famous soon enough. (+50)

did my best for u guise
    not all that into electro but your delivery was lulz
    S&P
    Arsenal Fan Til I Die
    Phi Kappa Tau

Originally Posted by DrSchrodinger View Post
    not all that into electro but your delivery was lulz
    it should apply to all styles
    hai bra

if anyone's interested in hearing what the full idea of the last thing i posted is sounding like thus far, check it out! http://soundcloud.com/adastrasc/adas...al-wip/s-JaYT3

also, upp'd it with the adastra account so follow us pls

and ROFL! dg, "i have a synth and some special soundz n ****t sooo THAT'S AWESOME!"
    New Jersey Crew (973)
    Peaking To Life Crew
    ++ Positive Crew ++

Lucknow is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lucknow is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lucknow is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lucknow is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lucknow is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lucknow is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lucknow is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lucknow is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lucknow is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lucknow is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lucknow is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    if anyone's interested in hearing what the full idea of the last thing i posted is sounding like thus far, check it out! http://soundcloud.com/adastrasc/adas...al-wip/s-JaYT3

and ROFL! dg, "i have a synth and some special soundz n ****t sooo THAT'S AWESOME!"
    Magnifique! Good job man.

You guys if you can get that Glitch VST I strongly recommend it.

I just barely installed it last night and applied it to a drum loop just for ****s.

It's sick though, it'll give you that sound like the drums in 'Find Your Love'.

I'm sure most of you don't care, but I've been trying to figure that out for months now.

And it also does a lot more things than just that.

dBlue glitch..

should have been in everyones arsenal weeks ago. when i told them about it.

<3
    hai bra

speaking of tools to add to your arsenal...

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/s...22&forumid=48&

all the free plugins in one thread!
    New Jersey Crew (973)
    Peaking To Life Crew
    ++ Positive Crew ++

ObrahWinfiend has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ObrahWinfiend has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ObrahWinfiend has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ObrahWinfiend has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ObrahWinfiend has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ObrahWinfiend has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ObrahWinfiend has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ObrahWinfiend has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ObrahWinfiend has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ObrahWinfiend has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ObrahWinfiend has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    check out my latest original.

http://soundcloud.com/efel-1/sculptor-cm

M8Bro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) M8Bro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) M8Bro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) M8Bro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) M8Bro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) M8Bro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) M8Bro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) M8Bro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) M8Bro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) M8Bro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) M8Bro has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Was about to post my **** in a thread, but saw this and was like yeeeaaah.

I haven't really been doing electronic music long(well I have but VERY inconsistently, never practice it etc etc)

If you brahs could tell me what I could improve with these songs it'd be cool.
    I intend on releasing some form of release this year, don't give a **** what style it is, all I know is that I am going to get it out.

First one is sorta I dunno, was trying to do dubstep, but that didn't happen so it's sorta ******t and ****, I don't really listen to heaps of electronic stuff but I've never heard stuff like it before.

and
    Deadmau5 style thing I think, more Justice actually, the bass line is EXTREMELY justice influenced.

Hope you dig.

I don't only do this type of music, my main focus is heavier music, but I am yet to really release any of my good stuff, really gotta get onto that haha.

Need to get onto making more tunes.

Lucknow is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lucknow is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lucknow is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lucknow is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lucknow is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lucknow is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lucknow is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lucknow is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lucknow is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lucknow is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lucknow is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by M8Bro View Post
    Need to get onto making more tunes.
    You definitely should man. Liking the 2nd track a lot.

A new slice of dark tech house I just uploaded:

http://soundcloud.com/lucknow-music/the-contrarian

jj00ee is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jj00ee is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jj00ee is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jj00ee is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jj00ee is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jj00ee is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jj00ee is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jj00ee is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jj00ee is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jj00ee is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jj00ee is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    in on this...just started producing electronic music. definitely different than what im used to...been in bands since age 16, everything from death metal to pop punk to r&b lololol srs

anyone else using Nuendo? you think for electronic music im better off switching to dat dere ableton?

iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

did my best for u guise

Ha, I liked the vid. Enthusiasm is 9.999/10

Thanks bro! gonna DL all this ish

You guys if you can get that Glitch VST I strongly recommend it.

I just barely installed it last night and applied it to a drum loop just for ****s.

It's sick though, it'll give you that sound like the drums in 'Find Your Love'.

I'm sure most of you don't care, but I've been trying to figure that out for months now.

And it also does a lot more things than just that.
    link to glitch?

Originally Posted by jj00ee View Post
    in on this...just started producing electronic music. definitely different than what im used to...been in bands since age 16, everything from death metal to pop punk to r&b lololol srs

anyone else using Nuendo? you think for electronic music im better off switching to dat dere ableton?
    I personally like ableton. I dnt have much experience with others but I love Ableton and highly reccommend it even if you are just getting started
    Last edited by iForce Dave; 06-22-2011 at 09:55 AM.

Hey guys, just uploaded a new track ive been putting together for awhile, please have a listen, let me know what you think!

http://soundcloud.com/m0d4/p33l3r

Originally Posted by jj00ee View Post

ableton is easy and super functional. no idea what a nuendo is.

dave, getting around to listening/critiqueing your track right now!
    New Jersey Crew (973)
    Peaking To Life Crew
    ++ Positive Crew ++

shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do you guys have any tips/tutorials for understanding how to set up limiters/compressors? Not talking about for sidechaining, but for that style that Deadmau5 and lots of people do where everything is being run w/ a limiter/compressor, especially the kicks.

I mess around with it and put limiters/compressors on my layers and tweak around the settings, but not really sure what to do w/ the settings?