Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Agostage View Post
    Zing! I see what you did there Oh Flynn
    All in fun Drew! I guess we are all a little loony for doing what we do! What show(s) are you doing?

Luck - "when preparation and opportunity meet."

"You can not make me feel inferior [nor can you embarrass me] without my consent" - E. Roosevelt.

Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    All in fun Drew! I guess we are all a little loony for doing what we do! What show(s) are you doing?
    Agreed!

I'm doing the Mr. Natural MN in Bloomington, MN on May 21st and possibly the Nutri-Sport Central Midwest in Des Moines, IA on May 14th depending on how things go. I'd really like to do more than one show and there isn't much available at that time. I've seen the Bloomington show several times and they seem to do a good job. I don't know anything about the Iowa show other than it too is a IFPA PQ.
    Founder of the University of Wisconsin Bodybuilding Club

2011 Prep Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131369463

"Well, you either want this... or you don't" ~LN

Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agostage has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

In Gym Shot

I plan on taking progress pics tomorrow - 2 weeks since last time, but here's another in gym shot with favorable lighting again - because that's how I does.

2011 Prep Journal

Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flynn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Shoulder/triceps . Nice spot to be in 10+ weeks out!

"You can not make me feel inferior [nor can you embarrass me] without my consent" - E. Roosevelt.

IFPA Open & Master's Pro 5krunner's Avatar
    5krunner is just really nice. (+1000) 5krunner is just really nice. (+1000) 5krunner is just really nice. (+1000) 5krunner is just really nice. (+1000) 5krunner is just really nice. (+1000) 5krunner is just really nice. (+1000) 5krunner is just really nice. (+1000) 5krunner is just really nice. (+1000) 5krunner is just really nice. (+1000) 5krunner is just really nice. (+1000) 5krunner is just really nice. (+1000)
    You're looking great Drew keep up the awesome work! From what I hear the Iowa show is very well run and that Ryan does a great job promoting it. I look forward to seeing you on stage in May!
    IFPA Open & Master's Pro

"Let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith." Hebrews 12:1-2

Shoulder/triceps . Nice spot to be in 10+ weeks out!
    Thanks Flynn! I'm really focused on being ready ahead of time. I can't control the placings but I can control my conditioning.

Originally Posted by 5krunner View Post
    You're looking great Drew keep up the awesome work! From what I hear the Iowa show is very well run and that Ryan does a great job promoting it. I look forward to seeing you on stage in May!
    Thanks for the info Jeff! I would like to throw my hat into more than one ring. Double my chances right? Look forward to rocking Bloomington with you

2011 Prep Journal

Solid Workout

Had a good squat day today. I pushed 405lbfx6 smoothly - not shaking like my last vid. I chalk it up to getting mentally used to the weight and the 15 minutes I spent on the foam roller prior to getting to the rack. That made a big difference in my back and ham stability. I was able to spring much more effectively with the hams. No vid unfortunately as I went to the Y today. I plan on taking pics later after the blood in my system returns to normal (that's totally broscience). Stay tuned.

2011 Prep Journal

12 Weeks

After a great squat workout I didn't have a very good picture taken session. Somehow I screwed myself and got cotton mouth - I did not keep my water intake up. That's bush league. So I felt flat and eh. So I'll only post one pic that came out decent - there was some movement in the rear and ham area.

2011 Prep Journal

Pain in Peck

I've developed a very peculiar pain in my right peck. Saturday, a leg day, I went to bed pain free and woke up Sunday with an intermittent sharp pain up near the armpit. I say peculiar because I can flex my pec without pain. In fact I had a pretty good chest workout yesterday. The pain occurs during specific arm motions, it's sharp for a second then completely gone. It's not in the joint. It feels like it's under the muscle. It's almost nerve like but not quite. No bruising yet. Maybe minor hernia given that I don't feel any bumps. Or maybe I just pulled a very localized fiber while sleeping. Or it could be a microchip that the aliens implanted while on board their ship before transporting me back to my bed. I guess I'll just monitor it and see if it gets worse.

2011 Prep Journal

Carb Brain

Locked my keys in my truck tonight at the gym. Luckily I've mastered breaking into it; it is a Dodge Ram you know. Although it probably looked suspicions seeing a bundled up bodybuilder squeeze his way through the rear sliding window of a pickup

2011 Prep Journal

Wheel Shot

I thought tonight I started seeing some cross lines in my tear drops - tried to get a pic, kinda see them if you squint.

2011 Prep Journal

Updates

Yesterday I had my first case of hanger [hang-ger] (that's hungry + anger) for this prep. I just woke up and had hate daggers shooting from my eyes. It was a combination of this frustrating peck pain, hanger and my weight loss stalling. Today is better but I still have the pain. Monitoring as we go.

Adjustments
    Dropping to about 2350cal maintaining the ratios. Starting to get real here.

I'm going to start implementing refeeds and LISS per Tommy's suggestion. Only one weekly refeed and moderate LISS at this point. Seems like I'm getting to the lean point where it's necessary to do so. At least for me. And my stairmaster has been given me the lonely eyes lately.

Work Trip
    I'm off to Miami for work for a couple days. Haven't traveled much the last couple months - and it's worked out well in terms of prep. It should be fine as I've traveled during prep before. It just takes A LOT of planning and carrying twice the stuff. Oh well, it's how we do.

Water
    Well I mentioned earlier about the cotton mouth. It seems my water intake in general has been sub par - so I stepped it up a notch. At least doubled it. My weight has gone up as a result but I need to put it out of my mind and concentrate on the mirror.

2011 Prep Journal

ur not ur f*cking khakis bwelch1985's Avatar
    bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000) bwelch1985 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    weird...i've had VERY similar right pec issues for the last month! it's something in the armpit i believe...maybe where a tendon or muscle attaches (pec minor??) i don't know. i've had to avoid any sort of fly movement to keep it under control...and also be careful of deep dips or really wide pulldowns.

what do you do for a living?

Originally Posted by bwelch1985 View Post
    weird...i've had VERY similar right pec issues for the last month! it's something in the armpit i believe...maybe where a tendon or muscle attaches (pec minor??) i don't know. i've had to avoid any sort of fly movement to keep it under control...and also be careful of deep dips or really wide pulldowns.

what do you do for a living?
    That is weird - it's frustrating because I can't quite pinpoint what motion causes it. It's not really during a specific weight movement - the worst pain is just random walking around movements. Seems like it's shoulder related. If my shoulder bounces, as if going down stairs, is when it really stings. Maybe we're long lost pec brothers?

I'm a structural engineer that specializes in large moving structures - like retractable roofs, operable walls, observation wheels, large machines - basically if someone needs to mechanize any kind of structure - we're the guys (and girls).

2011 Prep Journal

Update

Trip
    My work trip went well. I was able to pack all the calories I needed for the day on site. Then I scheduled my refeed for the trip home so I could eat some of the hotels breakfast food, english muffins etc. It was nice because I felt normal for an hour. I brought Xtend with me wherever I went - and sugar free gum. My bag was checked at MSP because of the powders I had in there. I've never had a problem before but usually I only bring one small container of mono. This time I had mono, whey and xtend. They didn't take anything so I didn't have to break out the crazy.

Refeed & LISS
    Decided to schedule my one refeed on Fridays given that usually I don't schedule anything on Fridays. Saturdays are just so unpredictable. I'll be doing some LISS two or three times a week. Probably morning for 30min to start out with. Just did some today and it felt solid. The body is definately starting to resist the fat loss. Just gotta step it up a notch.

2011 Prep Journal

Dropping More

It's only been a few days since I dropped cals to 2350 but I haven't been happy with progress lately and I feel I could diet harder without sacrificing much. I've been pretty conservative so far so I'm going to drop to 2250. I'm feeling pretty frustrated right now because the scale is not cooperating with me. I know I have time yet given that I'm over 9 & 10 weeks out from the shows but my buffer is shrinking and it's, for a lack of better terms, pissing me off.

Oh and my pec still hurts which is awesome /sarcasm

2011 Prep Journal

I'm feeling pretty frustrated right now because the scale is not cooperating with me.
    I feel your pain. What is the mirror saying? I have to be careful not to get caught up in the numbers game. Take care of that pec Drew!

I feel your pain. What is the mirror saying? I have to be careful not to get caught up in the numbers game. Take care of that pec Drew!
    Thx man - it's good to know that I'm not making this stuff up. The mirror is saying good things - I'm seeing new things every few days, a new vein here or line there. I still 2nd guess myself though. "Was that there three weeks ago and I didn't see it?" etc etc Even with the pictures I've been taking I start thinking, "Well that was better lighting so maybe I didn't make any progress." These mind games are killer. I just so wish things moved more smoothly. I really don't want to come up short this time.

I took this pic tonight - thought I started seeing some chest lines.

2011 Prep Journal

Mmmm

Yeah, I just cleaned this bad boy out with my finger and I'm not ashamed. Oh Walden Farms - how I love thee.

2011 Prep Journal

Registered User TheHeirApparent's Avatar
    TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    feel u on those injuries. been having some bad luck as well. about that liss, remember it takes about 20min to start that oxidative phosphorylation energy source and break down the fat
    Point the biggest skeptic out, I'll make him a believer.

R.I.P. Koloseum Gym

LOG: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131240113

Originally Posted by TheHeirApparent View Post
    feel u on those injuries. been having some bad luck as well. about that liss, remember it takes about 20min to start that oxidative phosphorylation energy source and break down the fat
    Hm, that's a good point - and some big words - thanks man and dully noted

2011 Prep Journal

Liss

I rocked 45min on the stepper this morning - felt pretty good. The scale moved this morning too. At about 184.5lbf. That doesn't seem like much since I was 186lbf a while ago, but I did increase my water intake quite a bit so theoretically... yeah. I dunno, just trying not to psych myself out.

2011 Prep Journal

Update

More LISS this morning - had outer quad feathering on both legs today. Usually my left leg is lonely. Not sure if it will show up in pictures later - but I know what I saw dammit

Had a decent DL day yesterday, 405lbfx10 for a final set. Not as many as earlier but I upped the reps for the previous set so I'll take that as a wash.

I'm weighing in just over 184lbf this morning. I'd like to be dipping below that sometime this weekend. But we all know how weight is. Plus I have a refeed tomorrow so my weight will likely go all over the place.

I'm going to take some pics for Tommy today post workout. If there are any good ones I'll post 'em up. But beware that I don't feel like shaving so you'll have to deal with Sasquatch.

2011 Prep Journal

co1e_train is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) co1e_train is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) co1e_train is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) co1e_train is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) co1e_train is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) co1e_train is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) co1e_train is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) co1e_train is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) co1e_train is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) co1e_train is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) co1e_train is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Looking solid man!

As far as the peculiar pain just monitor it like you said and don't stress
    Six Star Pro Nutrition Lead Rep

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/six-star-pro/six-star-pro.htm

B.S Exercise Science
    ACSM Health Fitness Specialist Certified
    www.trainwithcole.com -> Physique Transformation Coaching
    YouTube: trainwithcole
    IG: @coledreyer
    Twitter: @ColeD117
    Snap Chat: coledreyer117

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

Originally Posted by co1e_train View Post
    Looking solid man!

As far as the peculiar pain just monitor it like you said and don't stress
    Thanks brah! Yeah the pec is getting better - it stings less often now. Although it may just be me learning how to avoid certain movements. Either way it isn't effecting actual lifts.

Got some good posing advice from Tommy yesterday. It seems I need to send him more pictures and quit being shy

2011 Prep Journal

10 Weeks

Oh yeah - 10 weeks out from Mr. MN - still haven't quite pulled the trigger on the Nutri-Sport in Iowa, which is 9 weeks out, leaning towards it though.

Had a nice solid refeed yesterday - went out to Wild Bill's Bar & Grill for a diet coke and some chips with salsa (don't worry, I counted it all). We also enjoyed some turkey tenderloins when we got home. Hey, when you gotta grill, you gotta grill.

Just finished a nice LISS session too. Was the easiest one yet and with a higher setting. Probably because it's mid-day instead of 7AM. Oh well I'll take it.

2011 Prep Journal

Hey, when you gotta grill, you gotta grill.
    When you gotta getcha grill on, even a 5 foot snow mound in the background cannot stop you . BTW, how far away is the Iowa show? You might as well pull the trigger - only a week apart. You know you wanna.

When you gotta getcha grill on, even a 5 foot snow mound in the background cannot stop you . BTW, how far away is the Iowa show? You might as well pull the trigger - only a week apart. You know you wanna.
    The Iowa show is about a 4 hour drive - not too bad - all one road, although it IS Iowa :0 I do want to, you're right.

2011 Prep Journal

co1e_train is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) co1e_train is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) co1e_train is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) co1e_train is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) co1e_train is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) co1e_train is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) co1e_train is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) co1e_train is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) co1e_train is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) co1e_train is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) co1e_train is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    yeah man you might as well do the iowa show. that way you can adjust for the second show and just be able enjoy the stage twice. either way just my .02

keep killin it!
    Six Star Pro Nutrition Lead Rep

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/six-star-pro/six-star-pro.htm

B.S Exercise Science
    ACSM Health Fitness Specialist Certified
    www.trainwithcole.com -> Physique Transformation Coaching
    YouTube: trainwithcole
    IG: @coledreyer
    Twitter: @ColeD117
    Snap Chat: coledreyer117

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

Originally Posted by co1e_train View Post
    yeah man you might as well do the iowa show. that way you can adjust for the second show and just be able enjoy the stage twice. either way just my .02

keep killin it!
    That's two votes thus far I'm leaning a bit farther now.

2011 Prep Journal