Boarktok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Psylium husk ceases up my bowels. advice?

For tl;dr read below the ----.

Firstly this is not a troll post just cos its my 1st post and it seems like it could be comical subject matter.

I am currently battling with a hemorrhoid.

For the record I have been told i had irritable bowels syndrome in the past so maybe its a contributing factor. Also I cant add in more water to drink to my diet cos i already have problems with frequent urination- every 30 mins and more water turns that into every 5-10 mins. If im pissing it out right away that shows its going to waste anyhow and not being absorbed into the fibre.

From what I gathered so far psylium husk and flaxseed are the big two in this dept.

Flax was alright but also seemed to not work too good in terms of moving through. seemed to get stuck for days and stools were patchy but definately felt more natural than this feeling of psylium dragging through like a lead balloon.

Psyllium produces great texture of stools however that stuff feels like I have eaten wads of plastic and I can feel it scraping around every corner of my bowels- really uncomfortalbe and unnatural feeling. I have only taken one teaspoon max half morning and half night. i cant imagine what the 3 recommended teaspoons would do to me. This stuff seems like it could easily be dangerous and def feels unnatural form my experiences with it so far.

What Ive noticed with it is it seems to prevent muscle spasms to let me know its 'time to go'. Like today it was a few hours past my usual time and I felt bloated still but no muscle contractions and no feeling of urgency like you usually get. It also seemed to have removed almost all gas from my system, which i usually find is increased near a BM. Still tho when I went to push it was in there and ready to go but I had to shove it rather than it being natural like usual- this is also bad for my hemmoirroid gotta keep a good natural flow.

This is a real unpleasant feeling to feel like im stopped up with plastic then not having movement down there. Horrible like I swallowed a load of glue and its set inside of me. But as I said so far its been best for texture when it finally comes out.

I tried adding prune juice in today so see how that goes.

-----
    Are there any other insoluble fibres like flax and psylium i could try next with the same sort of price and concentration of fibre?

I have tried eating wads of vegetables, it feels most natural but i found it quite a chore grinding down bowls full of it every day. Maybe Ill get more disciplined with it, sitll looking for that 'golden ratio'.

Gonna try less psylium in next few days and see if I fare better, maybe mixing with some flax.

Advice?
    Last edited by Boarktok; 07-01-2013 at 04:45 PM.

spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    magnesium citrate, 400mg+ every night.. will sleep like baby.

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    xanthan/guar gum? there are other foods high in fiber other than veggies
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

yemff is on a distinguished road. (+10) yemff is on a distinguished road. (+10) yemff is on a distinguished road. (+10) yemff is on a distinguished road. (+10) yemff is on a distinguished road. (+10) yemff is on a distinguished road. (+10) yemff is on a distinguished road. (+10) yemff is on a distinguished road. (+10) yemff is on a distinguished road. (+10) yemff is on a distinguished road. (+10) yemff is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    to benefit from taking psyllium you absolutely have to drink water with it, otherwise you're just going to get severely constipated, the same goes for eating any food high in fiber. Personally if I dont eat at least 1 Tbsp I dont see any effects from using it.

hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Drink more water

Sweatin' to death in FL jubjubrsx's Avatar
    jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jubjubrsx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    it takes a day or so atleast for me but acai stuff just clears me out so much...seriously its crazy but once it kicks in watch out......I had to take a few days off work the last time i used it because i was on the krapper so much.
    Runner Crew (48.6 miles Dopey Challenge -- Completed)
    Skinny to fat back to skinny crew
    Just say no to Carbs

Learn from your mistakes lucidz's Avatar
    lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I take metamucil by the tablespoon. Like 6 a day.

Also, I mix fresh blueberries and/or blackberries with yogurt. Gut health, antioxidants, and lots of fiber.

Spinach in your diet is good as well.

You may not have a good mix of soluble and insoluble fiber. Try to balance them out and see if it helps. I've dealt with bloating, etc pretty bad but once I got the fiber under control, I'm like a machine!

xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    xanthan/guar gum? there are other foods high in fiber other than veggies
    Thank you so much. I've been so lost in life until now lol. I'd rep you but can't.