Spazzzzy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spazzzzy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spazzzzy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spazzzzy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spazzzzy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spazzzzy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spazzzzy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spazzzzy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spazzzzy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spazzzzy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spazzzzy is a name known to all. (+5000)

Clothes that hide muscles?

I've always hated the guys that wear clothing that deliberately emphasises the fact that they lift weights, and i have always had the opinion that they are sort of pathetic, for needing to draw attention to themselves.

Of recent i've been training with more frequency and have started doing things properly, and as a result have seen some incredible gains. However, whenever i'm out with people they always comment, saying things like "Woah man you're getting hooooge" or "Whats your bench" or "**** man! Are you on steroids?!".

If i'm down at the shops or just walking the streets or whatever, i will also get looks (more stares) from other people, who obviously are looking at me due to being 'built' so to speak.

I'm sure this is as a result of the clothing i wear. e.g. If i wear a L or XL shirt, my arms will be semi tight in them, but if i go any bigger the shirt will be half way down my thighs as well as providing more of an outline in between my pecs and of my shoulders, which defeats the purpose aswell as makes me look like im wearing my big brothers clothing....

For this reason, i'm wondering if there's anyway of wearing shirts so that it hide most of my physique, and people walking past will just think "That guys pretty big looking" not "OMFG LOOK AT THE MUSCLE MAN!!!11"

I also can't be wearing any big jumpers or sweat shirts here due to it being summer and getting up to 40+ degrees (104+ for American brahs).

Any Ideas?

Thanks big time if you can help!

markp1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markp1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markp1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markp1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markp1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markp1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markp1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markp1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markp1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markp1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markp1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    did you make this thread to boast your ego lol

CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This is so stupid. Why would you want to HIDE what you worked for? I can understand not wearing ridiculously tight clothes like some of these kids with 12" arms trying to show off but if you're actually big I don't see anything wrong with showing it. Not to mention it IS hard to find a shirt that isn't tight in some places without being a dress. Although right off the bat, avoid Hollister, Abercrombie, and AE.

And as for how big you are if you fill out an extra large in Walmart I'd be impressed. If you just fill out an extra large from Hollister, eh.

BitterBlossom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BitterBlossom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BitterBlossom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BitterBlossom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BitterBlossom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BitterBlossom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BitterBlossom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BitterBlossom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BitterBlossom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BitterBlossom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BitterBlossom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by markp1 View Post
    did you make this thread to boast your ego lol
    Yeah seriously. Why are you complaining about people enjoying your nice physique?

ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if u can get away with wearing a super-light hoodie.. then thats as good one.. you still look big.. but nowhere near as big as with a t-shirt

or.. if u wanna wear a suit u could.. might be a bit wierd though.. if u wear a suit-jacket/blazer just to go to the shops lol.. nd they warm u as well.. not as much as a jumper though

Spazzzzy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spazzzzy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spazzzzy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spazzzzy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spazzzzy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spazzzzy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spazzzzy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spazzzzy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spazzzzy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spazzzzy is a name known to all. (+5000) Spazzzzy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by CajunPballer View Post
    Why would you want to HIDE what you worked for? I can understand not wearing ridiculously tight clothes like some of these kids with 12" arms trying to show off but if you're actually big I don't see anything wrong with showing it. Not to mention it IS hard to find a shirt that isn't tight in some places without being a dress. Although right off the bat, avoid Hollister, Abercrombie, and AE.

I guess i can link it to an anaolgy of an artist (how cliche!)

Some guys like to do graffiti - this is shown to everyone, and the artists want people to see it whether they like or hate it for whatever reason.

Then you have the guy who paints landscape pictures on the weekends for relaxation and a hobby - doesn't necessarily want anyone to know he does this, but he thoroughly enjoys doing it.

I'm the second guy..

Segane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Segane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Segane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Segane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Segane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Segane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Segane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Segane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Segane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Segane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Don´t be a pussy. Man up.

Originally Posted by ninja1992 View Post
    if u can get away with wearing a super-light hoodie.. then thats as good one.. you still look big.. but nowhere near as big as with a t-shirt

or.. if u wanna wear a suit u could.. might be a bit wierd though.. if u wear a suit-jacket/blazer just to go to the shops lol.. nd they warm u as well.. not as much as a jumper though
    Yeah man i know about the hoodies as they can hide a few inches here and there, but as i said it is commonly 40 degrees celsius in the day (104+) so thats not really a viable option for me right now

Uri3LV8 is just really nice. (+1000) Uri3LV8 is just really nice. (+1000) Uri3LV8 is just really nice. (+1000) Uri3LV8 is just really nice. (+1000) Uri3LV8 is just really nice. (+1000) Uri3LV8 is just really nice. (+1000) Uri3LV8 is just really nice. (+1000) Uri3LV8 is just really nice. (+1000) Uri3LV8 is just really nice. (+1000) Uri3LV8 is just really nice. (+1000) Uri3LV8 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Man for 87 year old you must be a freak!
    I rep back +200✔

S: 465
    B: 325
    D: 545

Proud owner of a 1987 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am GTA 5.7L with T-Top, and digital dash.

Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Therickz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    wear the stuff muslim ladies wear, the dress that cover the whole body, from what i know, the middle east is pretty hot, and i never have heard them complain about heat

ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Therickz View Post
    wear the stuff muslim ladies wear, the dress that cover the whole body, from what i know, the middle east is pretty hot, and i never have heard them complain about heat
    or wat the men wear.. both sets of clothes are designed to hide figure! nd they do the job pretty well... but yh.. their skin colours and air conditioning everywhere lets them get away with it!

CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ninja1992 View Post
    or wat the men wear.. both sets of clothes are designed to hide figure! nd they do the job pretty well... but yh.. their skin colours and air conditioning everywhere lets them get away with it!
    What?

Originally Posted by CajunPballer View Post
    What?

lol.. i meant the fact that.. they only go out in cooler temperatures (at night) mostly and wen they inside... its air conditioned almost all the time... I lived 2 yrs in Dubai and 2 yrs in Riyadh and now am in Jeddah.. so its y i know lol

oh yh.. and darker colours help them from being skin burnt etcetera!

Hetherington92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hetherington92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hetherington92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hetherington92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hetherington92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hetherington92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hetherington92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hetherington92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hetherington92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hetherington92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hetherington92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When people stare and make harsh comments its due to jeliousy, my mates tend to do it alot, Should be proud of what you've achieved
    Hack Squat 528lbsX8reps

zQt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zQt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zQt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zQt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zQt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zQt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zQt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zQt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zQt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zQt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zQt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    lol@thread!

Registered User Proposturalized's Avatar
    Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Proposturalized is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Just embrace it man. I've been getting a ton of that lately. Just take it for what it is and don't let it get to you. With the weather you're in, there's not much you can do to hide your physique.

If you don't like the "hyoooooooge" look, you could always go for a more toned look. Just stop eating as much and throw in some cardio a few times a week.
    "Maybe strong is just what you have left when you've used up all your weak."

diskin8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diskin8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diskin8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diskin8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diskin8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diskin8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diskin8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diskin8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diskin8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diskin8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diskin8 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How much do you weigh and what height are you?
    My tutorial on getting the old Facebook chat back - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=725166661

Jkwan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jkwan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jkwan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jkwan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jkwan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jkwan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jkwan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jkwan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jkwan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jkwan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jkwan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    well you gotta find the right brand to wear, to not make you look so muscular front of people. Every brand differs, i wear large in hollister, American eagle, H&M, A|X, nd random shirts from Jcpenny nd Macys. Hollister is usually the tighest fits, while other regular fits from other no brands are a less tight fit. Go shoppin my dude.

CanaDURP is on a distinguished road. (+10) CanaDURP is on a distinguished road. (+10) CanaDURP is on a distinguished road. (+10) CanaDURP is on a distinguished road. (+10) CanaDURP is on a distinguished road. (+10) CanaDURP is on a distinguished road. (+10) CanaDURP is on a distinguished road. (+10) CanaDURP is on a distinguished road. (+10) CanaDURP is on a distinguished road. (+10) CanaDURP is on a distinguished road. (+10) CanaDURP is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Why the hell do u care so much about what other people think...? Plus if you don't want people to go "OMG" Stop eating.

Pressstar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pressstar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pressstar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pressstar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pressstar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pressstar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pressstar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pressstar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pressstar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pressstar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Pressstar has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I know I get hat too , if the shirt I wear is baggy/loose I dont look as big

NatBdyBldr48 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Spazzzzy View Post
    I've always hated the guys that wear clothing that deliberately emphasises the fact that they lift weights, and i have always had the opinion that they are sort of pathetic, for needing to draw attention to themselves.

Of recent i've been training with more frequency and have started doing things properly, and as a result have seen some incredible gains. However, whenever i'm out with people they always comment, saying things like "Woah man you're getting hooooge" or "Whats your bench" or "**** man! Are you on steroids?!".

If i'm down at the shops or just walking the streets or whatever, i will also get looks (more stares) from other people, who obviously are looking at me due to being 'built' so to speak.

I'm sure this is as a result of the clothing i wear. e.g. If i wear a L or XL shirt, my arms will be semi tight in them, but if i go any bigger the shirt will be half way down my thighs as well as providing more of an outline in between my pecs and of my shoulders, which defeats the purpose aswell as makes me look like im wearing my big brothers clothing....

For this reason, i'm wondering if there's anyway of wearing shirts so that it hide most of my physique, and people walking past will just think "That guys pretty big looking" not "OMFG LOOK AT THE MUSCLE MAN!!!11"

I also can't be wearing any big jumpers or sweat shirts here due to it being summer and getting up to 40+ degrees (104+ for American brahs).

Any Ideas?

Thanks big time if you can help!
    Show it while you have it. Be proud of it. To hell with those who are jealous. I wear large and x-large t-shirts and sometimes sleeves are tight, sometimes not. I wear tight lycra to workout in because it's comfy.

Registered User user2BWIPBOFK8Y's Avatar
    user2BWIPBOFK8Y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user2BWIPBOFK8Y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user2BWIPBOFK8Y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user2BWIPBOFK8Y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user2BWIPBOFK8Y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user2BWIPBOFK8Y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user2BWIPBOFK8Y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user2BWIPBOFK8Y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user2BWIPBOFK8Y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user2BWIPBOFK8Y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user2BWIPBOFK8Y has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thumbs up I agree with you. I want to hide my muscularity too

I am a teacher, a mentor, a leader, and an ally by profession. When someone looks at me, I want them to think, “this person seems approachable, like someone I can bring my concerns to. I absolutely DONT want them to think I’m like some of the other respondents in this thread, because I’m not. I lift weights so that I can play with my grandkids some day, and have a good quality of life in my waning years.

The way regular clothing fits makes me look like I need people to look at me for validation, which could t be further from the truth. That’s why I too need help finding a clothier that sells demure clothing for fit people.

BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Louis vuitton fits true to size.. many designer clothing do.

IIliftweights is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Bro why you mad about guys who show off their physique? Girls do that **** all the time. I personally like my clothes to fit nice on me not super tight but I got big arms so my sleeves are always hugging my arms. Makes you look good. Women are attracted to muscles, men are intimidated by muscles, and it can give someone a lot of confidence. Overall it's good for their self-esteem. But guys who try to act big and like a tough guy? Then yeah **** those guys.

But if you're looking for clothes to hide your muscles? Just wear a larger shirt buddy, what kind of thread is this LOL

KimMiSo8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimMiSo8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimMiSo8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimMiSo8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimMiSo8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimMiSo8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimMiSo8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimMiSo8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimMiSo8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimMiSo8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimMiSo8 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Try custom sewing. It will be more expensive, but it will suit you!

KimMiSo8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimMiSo8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimMiSo8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimMiSo8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimMiSo8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimMiSo8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimMiSo8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimMiSo8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimMiSo8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimMiSo8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimMiSo8 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Forums are created to show off!

There are a lot of shy people in our world. And besides, it attracts attention.
    Many want to be judged not by their appearance!

Try custom sewing.
    It is more expensive but more convenient and will fit you well!