Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000)

Is there such thing as good and bad protein?

I know there's such thing as junk food containing high protein, I'm more curious about the actual protein itself.

I found these mini frozen burgers, they're okay for a quick meal, each pack claims to contain 14g of protein for the two mini burgers, which is a pretty decent amount for their size.
    As frozen food though they aren't exactly high quality.

Does the protein content count for the same?

Sediti0n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sediti0n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sediti0n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sediti0n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sediti0n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sediti0n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sediti0n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sediti0n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sediti0n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sediti0n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sediti0n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I know almost nothing about this topic, so I'm in for answers myself.

But from the little bit I've heard. There is a difference in protein quality, not really sure what this means or how it effects the protein. I also know that there is incomplete protein, which is basically protein without all the amino acids. Nuts for example, do not have the complete spectrum of amino acids, while dairy, soy, and meats would.

That's the little bit I've picked up. Hopefully someone can come in here with some real answers =P

Form101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Form101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Form101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Form101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Form101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Form101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Form101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Form101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Form101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Form101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Form101 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I would think yes it counts the same, but you are getting the preservatives and additives which is the 'bad' part.

It probably isn't as high of quality, but i doubt you will be getting most of your protein from them.
    Do another set...

TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The quality of food that provides said protein can very greatly, but 14g of protein is still 14g of protein.
    [If It Fits Your Macros Crew]

fearbrandon will become famous soon enough. (+50) fearbrandon will become famous soon enough. (+50) fearbrandon will become famous soon enough. (+50) fearbrandon will become famous soon enough. (+50) fearbrandon will become famous soon enough. (+50) fearbrandon will become famous soon enough. (+50) fearbrandon will become famous soon enough. (+50) fearbrandon will become famous soon enough. (+50) fearbrandon will become famous soon enough. (+50) fearbrandon will become famous soon enough. (+50) fearbrandon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Tillday View Post
    I know there's such thing as junk food containing high protein, I'm more curious about the actual protein itself.

I found these mini frozen burgers, they're okay for a quick meal, each pack claims to contain 14g of protein for the two mini burgers, which is a pretty decent amount for their size.

ya the protein is protein. but the problem there is that u have to watch the fat and sodium in prepackaged frozen foods

lean meat is great meat.

Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000)
    Alright thanks.
    I'm sure they are high in fat but I'm not the type that gains weight easily.

TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by fearbrandon View Post
    ya the protein is protein. but the problem there is that u have to watch the fat and sodium in prepackaged frozen foods

lean meat is great meat.
    What's wrong with fat? Fat alone doesn't cause fat gain, an excess of calories over a prolonged period of time does.
    [If It Fits Your Macros Crew]

MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Sediti0n View Post
    I know almost nothing about this topic, so I'm in for answers myself.

But from the little bit I've heard. There is a difference in protein quality, not really sure what this means or how it effects the protein. I also know that there is incomplete protein, which is basically protein without all the amino acids. Nuts for example, do not have the complete spectrum of amino acids, while dairy, soy, and meats would.

That's the little bit I've picked up. Hopefully someone can come in here with some real answers =P
    Not bad. Almost right, but most protein sources actually do have all the amino acids (with the exception of gelatin). But they might have very small amounts of certain amino acids. Meat will have a better balance of amino acids as opposed to nuts.
    أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I guess pork rinds is ok?

YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YoungEx20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Bad protein is protein that misbehaves. Obedient protein that does what you tell it to do and behaves itself well is good protein. You can train bad protein to become good protein with an attitude adjustment and a time out. Spanking the bad protein is not advisable because the Department of Protein Services can take custody of the protein away from you. (Not SRS)

Originally Posted by YoungEx20 View Post
    Bad protein is protein that misbehaves. Obedient protein that does what you tell it to do and behaves itself well is good protein. You can train bad protein to become good protein with an attitude adjustment and a time out. Spanking the bad protein is not advisable because the Department of Protein Services can take custody of the protein away from you. (Not SRS)
    That's why you hit it over the head with a phonebook so it doesn't leave bruises.

bennettj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bennettj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bennettj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bennettj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bennettj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bennettj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bennettj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bennettj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bennettj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bennettj has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bennettj has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by fearbrandon View Post
    lean meat is great meat.
    The leanness of meat has absolutely nothing to do with whether that meat is nutritionally "good" or "bad."

Since it appears that you are fairly new here, hopefully reading through the forums a bit will teach you that not only can meats with a medium-to-high fat content be good for you, but they are essential to maintaining good hormone balance and are fantastic for any weightlifter, particularly those on a bulk cycle.
    My guilty pleasure: excessive cardio.

Progress towards the 1000 lb club: 945/1000
    Bulking until I hit 1000. I don't care if it takes a 40 pound weight gain. No more pussyfooting around.

"The consummate leader cultivates the moral law and strictly adheres to method and discipline; thus it is in his power to control success." - Sun Tzu

coreshield8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Tillday View Post

Your wrigth there bad protine. I heard about it on the tv. good luck

PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PJR23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Its not really good or bad, But some proteins such as whey and eggs are more easily digested by your body which makes them more efficient.
    Train hard, Train early, Eat like a beast.....Become a Beast! in short....act as if!

I rep back

Owe:
    Snorkelman
    PBateman2

Stay Strong all year long alex2363's Avatar
    alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by TheSmack View Post
    What's wrong with fat? Fat alone doesn't cause fat gain, an excess of calories over a prolonged period of time does.
    true, also wrong fats in bunches

Stay Strong all year long alex2363's Avatar
    alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by PJR23 View Post
    Its not really good or bad, But some proteins such as whey and eggs are more easily digested by your body which makes them more efficient.
    true, so its the way its digested that determines whats a good protien for an indivual

mgotter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mgotter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mgotter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mgotter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mgotter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mgotter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mgotter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mgotter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mgotter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mgotter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mgotter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Only thing I can really think of would be complete vs. incomplete proteins. Incomplete commonly being from grains, beans, peanuts, nuts and seeds. Can't see that being a problem unless you are vegetarian and are somehow lacking in certain essential amino acids, which I guess is possible depending on the person and what they are eating.

Modern Day Samurai shotgunshorty28's Avatar
    shotgunshorty28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shotgunshorty28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shotgunshorty28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shotgunshorty28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shotgunshorty28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shotgunshorty28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shotgunshorty28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shotgunshorty28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shotgunshorty28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shotgunshorty28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shotgunshorty28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wal-mart = CRAP PROTEIN
    You jagaloons! You're failures! FAILURES!
    Hey, you're embarrassing yourself, you geriatric ****!
    Two things: You keep your liver-spotted hands off my beautiful mother. She's a saint! And then you sit down and you write Dale and Brennan a check for $10,000.
    Or I'm gonna shove one of those fake hearing devices so far up your ass...
    ...you can hear the sound of your small intestine as it produces ****!

www.twitter.com/shotgunshorty28