Fjhcrow08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bulking Diet - GOOD or BAD???

Hey,

I Just started back up in the gym after not going for almost a year. I have to make up for loss time. I'm in week 1 and I'm doing a Full Body 3 day a week workout. Lifting on M/W/F and resting T/TH/S/SU. I'm 5'7" 142 pounds and would like to get stronger and add mass. I want to be around 160 pounds. This is the bulking diet I made. I feel like its good but not positive, any advice, suggestions, anything would be greatly appreciated. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Meal 1 (11am) - 3 egg white + 1 whole egg (scrambled), 2 pieces of toasted Multi-grain (plain), Cup of Coffee

Meal 2 (12pm) - 1 cup Oatmeal, 2 TBSP Peanut Butter, Cup of OJ

WORKOUT (12:30pm)

Meal 3 (2:30pm) - Plain Bagel, Banana, ON Whey Protein Shake

Meal 4 (4pm) - 1 cup Rice or 8oz Pasta

Meal 5 (6:30pm) - Salad, 6oz Chicken breast (grilled)

Meal 6 (9pm) - 1 1/2 Cup of Cereal (Honey Bunches of Oats), 1 cup of 1% Milk

Meal 7 (11pm) - ON Whey Protein Shake

Totaling:
    2837-Cals
    42.5g-Fat
    422g-Carbs
    205g-Protein

Like I stated above i'm trying to bulk up to around 160 pounds. I'm thinking maybe my daily Fat intake should be higher and I'm not sure if my Carb intake is too high or right where it should be. Is this a Good or Bad diet??? Let me know what you think please.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You diet is bad.

Fat intake is too low. You should be consuming at least 0.45 to 1.0 grams per pound of bodyweight, and I'd go towards the high end of the spectrum if I were you.

Protein intake is higher than it needs to be, but that will not hurt your bulk (nor help it uniquely). Protein intake should be in the range of 1.0 to 1.5 grams per pound of lean body mass (or about 1 gram per pound of bodyweight).

Whenever possible, you should consume whole foods and not use supplements. The role of supplements is to fill in deficits in your diet, but if you have the opportunity to eat properly, then you don't need supplements.

Lastly, there's no need to eat 7 times per day, unless you enjoy that eating pattern.

sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sunngodd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Are you positive you're counting that right? That doesn't look like amount of protein or cals that you say it is.
    Who do men say that I am?

Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    You diet is bad.

Fat intake is too low. You should be consuming at least 0.45 to 1.0 grams per pound of bodyweight, and I'd go towards the high end of the spectrum if I were you.

Protein intake is higher than it needs to be, but that will not hurt your bulk (nor help it uniquely). Protein intake should be in the range of 1.0 to 1.5 grams per pound of lean body mass (or about 1 gram per pound of bodyweight).

Whenever possible, you should consume whole foods and not use supplements. The role of supplements is to fill in deficits in your diet, but if you have the opportunity to eat properly, then you don't need supplements.

Lastly, there's no need to eat 7 times per day, unless you enjoy that eating pattern.
    Thanks for your reply.

I was thinking that about my fat intake too. Any advice to increase my fat intake and keep the calories/carbs around the same? Also as far as eating 7 meals a day, that is what I've been reading alot about when it comes to bulking. I've read its better to eat smaller portions around 1-2 hours apart to keep the constant flow of energy and nutrients in your body throughout the day. Also to help your metabolism.

Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000) Dujin77 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Cut some carbs and double your fat intake IMO.

Originally Posted by sunngodd View Post
    Are you positive you're counting that right? That doesn't look like amount of protein or cals that you say it is.
    That is the total I counted but I'm going to re-count everything again just to make sure. Are you saying the my totals are too high or low?

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Fjhcrow08 View Post
    Any advice to increase my fat intake and keep the calories/carbs around the same?
    Eat the whole egg, drink whole milk, include red meat in your diet, add olive oil to salads, etc.

Originally Posted by Fjhcrow08 View Post
    Also as far as eating 7 meals a day, that is what I've been reading alot about when it comes to bulking. I've read its better to eat smaller portions around 1-2 hours apart to keep the constant flow of energy and nutrients in your body throughout the day. Also to help your metabolism.
    That's total crap.

Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    Eat the whole egg, drink whole milk, include red meat in your diet, add olive oil to salads, etc.

That's total crap.
    Thanks man.