Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    jaredenderton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaredenderton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaredenderton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaredenderton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaredenderton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaredenderton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaredenderton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaredenderton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaredenderton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaredenderton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaredenderton will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by heatwave13 View Post
    Jared, this is awesome, you guys rule!. I love following the progress. Seeing how you all work at this is inspiring and helps most of "us" to break through our own barriers. Keep it up....
    Thanks! I really appreciate that.

Videos from yesterday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSD05fyONZ8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QARlKD7edoA

Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Again thanks for the videos.

You and Spence seem to be pretty strong in the legs while Jon seems to be faster.

I am wondering if it is normal for Jon to have trouble in the back squat after a good day with the snatch and c&j. Just from what I have observed people who have a lot of strength are still able to put up good r% of max/reps/sets on back squat after the two lifts. People who are fast seem to struggle with back squat afterwards.

Oh and my favorite quote: "That's not the ticket."

pfffft will become famous soon enough. (+50) pfffft will become famous soon enough. (+50) pfffft will become famous soon enough. (+50) pfffft will become famous soon enough. (+50) pfffft will become famous soon enough. (+50) pfffft will become famous soon enough. (+50) pfffft will become famous soon enough. (+50) pfffft will become famous soon enough. (+50) pfffft will become famous soon enough. (+50) pfffft will become famous soon enough. (+50) pfffft will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    did you send the prescription back jared?

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jaredenderton View Post
    We are pretty similar to most other athletes...pre workout we take some creatine/stimulants, during workout some type of sport drink or carb mix, and post workout we take some protein. As far as food...depends on who you're talking about. Jon eats anything in site and stays lean as can be. He has to eat a lot to stay 94. For me I have to eat like a dang bird. I eat very little, otherwise I'll bloat right back up really fast.

We also take some fish oil, but that is the main stuff we take. Nothing crazy, just healthy food and regular supps, ya know? I Also own an online supplement company so I take some different vitamins, etc, but for the most part the team takes that pretty regularly.
    What online company?? I'd like to help support you guys if I can!!
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168969133

Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iberian80 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by pfffft View Post
    did you send the prescription back jared?
    ^^ My second favorite quote. That is one thing I miss about going to the gym is having a good laugh while working out.

jaredenderton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaredenderton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaredenderton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaredenderton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaredenderton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaredenderton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaredenderton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaredenderton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaredenderton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaredenderton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaredenderton will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by olyw8lifter View Post
    What online company?? I'd like to help support you guys if I can!!
    My website is:

http://enderton-strength.com/

That is undergoing a MAJOR reconstruction. In a week it will basically be an entire new site. It will be 10x better than that.

california strength's website is:

http://www.californiastrength.com/

We both sell some supplements on our sites.

haha you guys are too funny! I get my butt kicked by Jon daily in training. It sucks!!!

Would you guys consider this a power snatch????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JioZ5jdEmo

BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Again, good lifting Jared! Very inspiring.

How long of a break is it between your morning and afternoon sessions? What time do you start lifting in the morning and resume training in the afternoon?
    Subscribe to The Strength Project :
    http://www.youtube.com/user/olbaid420?feature=mhee

Read the blog:
    http://thegoodmoodfooddude.blogspot.com/

Ask me anything about nutrition:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162775831

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    haha you guys are too funny! I get my butt kicked by Jon daily in training. It sucks!!!

Would you guys consider this a power snatch????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JioZ5jdEmo
    Very close!!!! My opinion is probably NOT a power snatch, though!!

BTW, I'll check out the supps on the sites next week when I get a chance!!

Originally Posted by BTBAM View Post
    Again, good lifting Jared! Very inspiring.

How long of a break is it between your morning and afternoon sessions? What time do you start lifting in the morning and resume training in the afternoon?
    Thank you! We train at 10am and 2pm. So, we finish out morning session anywhere between 1130 and 12. On fridays we end our morning session at about 11. so, anywhere from 2-3 hours depending.

Keep asking the questions!

dirtyjerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dirtyjerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dirtyjerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dirtyjerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dirtyjerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dirtyjerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dirtyjerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dirtyjerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dirtyjerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dirtyjerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dirtyjerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thank you! We train at 10am and 2pm. So, we finish out morning session anywhere between 1130 and 12. On fridays we end our morning session at about 11. so, anywhere from 2-3 hours depending.

Keep asking the questions!
    did you have any existing injuries prior to this? you wrestled apparently, no lingering shoulder problems?
    New Jersey: 201
    ★ BlackBerry Messenger Misc Group ★
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

All lifts are 100% raw. (old stats are old)
    Squat: 375x5, 385x3, 415x1
    Front Squat: 315x5, 335x3
    Deadlift: 515x5, 525x1
    Clean: 305
    Bench: 275x6, 290x3, 305x1

Originally Posted by dirtyjerz View Post
    did you have any existing injuries prior to this? you wrestled apparently, no lingering shoulder problems?
    no I did not...I injured my shoulder slightly when I first got out here. I've been healthy pretty much my whole life thankfully...

Todays training video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWRuPwJ0-Yw

a LOT of goofing off lol

slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    looks like it would be pretty fun to come out and train with you guys for a day, haha
    Misc Strength Crew
    Russian Program Weightlifting log http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=707588271

bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    no I did not...I injured my shoulder slightly when I first got out here. I've been healthy pretty much my whole life thankfully...

Todays training video:

a LOT of goofing off lol
    Hilarious!
    CONTROLLED LABS - Winning the WAR against GENETICS
    Email: Laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice.

Wink

Originally Posted by slowman41 View Post
    looks like it would be pretty fun to come out and train with you guys for a day, haha
    Come on out! We love having visitors...Just don't outdo us, otherwise we get cranky and have been known to jump people. But other than that we are cool

BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Jared,

How long, on average, would it say it takes you guys to warm up to work set weights? I understand you barely do any stretching, and start with just bar drills and whatnot, but how long until you are "warm" and limber enough to get some good lifts in?

In the mornings I take around 30 minutes until I am actually lifting something worth lifting, and its a bit shorter in the afternoon. I was wondering if I was the only one snorlax'in it up.

Read the blog:

southbankwulf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southbankwulf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southbankwulf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southbankwulf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southbankwulf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southbankwulf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southbankwulf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southbankwulf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southbankwulf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southbankwulf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southbankwulf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    vids are so awesome, keep them coming please!
    'lifting is an iron brotherhood of warriors going into battle against the all powerful gravity, spilling their blood, waging war and laughing in the face of mortals' . F*ck off mate, you work in human resources, you're not a viking.

Jared,

How long, on average, would it say it takes you guys to warm up to work set weights? I understand you barely do any stretching, and start with just bar drills and whatnot, but how long until you are "warm" and limber enough to get some good lifts in?

In the mornings I take around 30 minutes until I am actually lifting something worth lifting, and its a bit shorter in the afternoon. I was wondering if I was the only one snorlax'in it up.
    That is about exactly the same for us. Morning always takes a little bit longer to get to work sets. Maybe 1/2 hour. In afternoon it may be in 15 min, or, depending how many ppl on a bar up to 30 min.

Other mornings are worse than others. EX: Today we all looked at each other for about an hour before we got our shoes on. haha. Waiting for someone to finally get their shoes on. LOL. Friday morning workouts are short and sweet, but, we were all pretty tired and sore. So, we took a little time to wake up just by BS'ing, then about 20 min to get up to our working sets.

Just noticed Jared's Rep was 0. I think we owe him for the vids if nothing else.

Thanks Jared!

Originally Posted by Iberian80 View Post
    Just noticed Jared's Rep was 0. I think we owe him for the vids if nothing else.

Thanks Jared!
    Don't know why it's zero, I've given him some!!

J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think you need 50 posts before reps count

Olympic Lifter & Coach GqArtguy's Avatar
    GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Why is Rob doing high rep, wide stance belt squats in the Dance Dance vid?
    Olympic Lifting Coach

My Demo Vids and some training:

http://www.youtube.com/user/mhbuitrago

Jared, what kind of assistance exercises do you guys do and how often? Things like chins, presses, etc.

Also, do you guys ever do front squats? Or is the 3x5r on Wed and Sat the only squatting you guys are doing?

Read the blog:

heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Come on out! We love having visitors...Just don't outdo us, otherwise we get cranky and have been known to jump people. But other than that we are cool
    How would we arrange to come out there? My brother and I were considering a trip to San. Francisco area this summer. Would we just show up off the street and get a day pass?

Originally Posted by GqArtguy View Post
    Why is Rob doing high rep, wide stance belt squats in the Dance Dance vid?
    His back is slightly injured, so takes the strain off the back!

AND yeah! Get me some reps baby haha. Soon enough I'll have 50 posts

Jared, what kind of assistance exercises do you guys do and how often? Things like chins, presses, etc.

Also, do you guys ever do front squats? Or is the 3x5r on Wed and Sat the only squatting you guys are doing?
    Zero assistance exercises. snatch, clean and jerk, power snatch, power clean, back squat, sometimes front squat..every so often maybe hang snatch or pause snatch/clean. That is it.

3x5 on wed/sat is what we currently doing. That is IT for squatting right now. NExt week I suspect we will switch over to front squats as the meet approaches and back off the volume on the squats. So far we have not front squatted since I Have been here.

Originally Posted by heatwave13 View Post
    How would we arrange to come out there? My brother and I were considering a trip to San. Francisco area this summer. Would we just show up off the street and get a day pass?
    You'd contact me...and I'd get you in contact with Glenn and/or David Spitz if you were serious (David is the gym owner). It would depend if you already had housing set up or if you were wanting to stay with us. A bunch of us lifters might get a house and have a spare bedroom that would be to house recruits/visitors. So, who knows... I am sure there would be some options if you were serious. But you can always just stop by and lift regardless!

WHAT'S EVERYONE THINK?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AexLEwZwkXU

Who is making a bigger fashion statement? Me or Spencer?

IT's gotta be me. I am offended this is even a question.

Zero assistance exercises. snatch, clean and jerk, power snatch, power clean, back squat, sometimes front squat..every so often maybe hang snatch or pause snatch/clean. That is it.

3x5 on wed/sat is what we currently doing. That is IT for squatting right now. NExt week I suspect we will switch over to front squats as the meet approaches and back off the volume on the squats. So far we have not front squatted since I Have been here.
    That's crazy. You guys do such insane volume with the classics.

Without any supplemental exercises, how do you guys not suffer from joint/ tendon pains? Usually if my elbow or shoulder starts hurting, I add more hammer curls and chin ups/ pull ups in my routine and it helps alleviate the pain a bit. I'm still trying to work up to 2 a days with both classics in each session - right now I'm splitting the classics so I focus on one per session. Eventually I plan on doing both in each session.

And to the last video - I think Jon hit the nail on the head when he said that your hair style means business in the front then says I like to party in the back. I got a good a LOL out of that one, hahaha!

Read the blog:

Olympic Lifter & Coach GqArtguy's Avatar
    GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) GqArtguy will become famous soon enough. (+50)

So what do you guys do for technique? Youve mentioned your inflexibility on the clean and I notice you and Spencer tend to rock back in the catch, and other lifters have other issues. Do you just lift through it or do you try to work on it?
    Olympic Lifting Coach

My Demo Vids and some training:

http://www.youtube.com/user/mhbuitrago