Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    laxshack is on a distinguished road. (+10) laxshack is on a distinguished road. (+10) laxshack is on a distinguished road. (+10) laxshack is on a distinguished road. (+10) laxshack is on a distinguished road. (+10) laxshack is on a distinguished road. (+10) laxshack is on a distinguished road. (+10) laxshack is on a distinguished road. (+10) laxshack is on a distinguished road. (+10) laxshack is on a distinguished road. (+10) laxshack is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yeah i heard rob tore something, but i heard it was minor, and he will be back in no time, same with pat only i think he was snatching when he hurt himself, pretty intense. the things id give to train along side them with my coach would be motivating

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I noticed that Pat is entered in the Arnold with a 300 total for the Islands v. US portion of the meet. Don't know if he'll lift, but it'll be interesting if he does. Also set to lift is Kendrick Ferris, Zach Krych, Chad Vaugn and several others. I don't know if I'll be able to make it or not, but I hope to.
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168969133

glennpendlay is just really nice. (+1000) glennpendlay is just really nice. (+1000) glennpendlay is just really nice. (+1000) glennpendlay is just really nice. (+1000) glennpendlay is just really nice. (+1000) glennpendlay is just really nice. (+1000) glennpendlay is just really nice. (+1000) glennpendlay is just really nice. (+1000) glennpendlay is just really nice. (+1000) glennpendlay is just really nice. (+1000) glennpendlay is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BTBAM View Post
    holy moly

4+ hours of training total a day? Up to six days week?

I'm not sure if you are privy to share this information exactly, but what constitutes the majority of all this training time? Do you have 1+ hour of warm-ups an drills before moving on to work weights, or what? Are you snatching AND clean+jerking in every single session? Or do you do snatches in the morning and clean and jerks at night?

I'd love to just have a general idea of how you guys train and how your time is spread out and utilized, no need to get very specific with the programming details and whatnot.

Again, your responses are great and I really enjoy watching your lifting vids. I'd love to be able to come out sometime and train with you guys, just gotta get my lifts up some more before then so I don't get completely blown away!
    We normally do both snatch and clean and jerk both in the morning and afternoon session. Obviously sometimes squatts are added to this. We do change it up sometimes though, and have a long snatch session in the morning, and a long clean and jerk session in the afternoon. My basic strategy is just to push the athletes as hard as possible while doing everything I can do to help them recover, and do that for several weeks them have a lower volume week to rest a bit then go right back at it.
    Pendlay.com

my name isn't diana Diana Meeque's Avatar
    Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jaredenderton View Post
    Thank you! I really appreciate that. We are liking the feedback we have been getting from the videos as well, so it is good to hear it is helping you guys out!

A short story of my path so far haha: Won state in Iowa in wrestling (also got 3rd twice) at 189lbs. Coulda went a looot of places to wrestle, but didn't. I took up strongman after that and bulked up to 300lbs. within 2 years haha!! at 5"6. Pretty funny, but I Was pretty darn strong. Then, decided I was miserable, so as I dropped the weight I Began feeling more athletic/energetic. So I decided to take up the o lifts (Been doing them for about 11 months). so, less than a year.

I never had a coach til about 3 weeks ago. I coached myself to 147kg/182kg at 94kg bw, and a 220kg/240kg front/back squat. Based off that Coach Pendlay and California Strength hooked me up and here I am!! PS- I am 22 right now, which seems old sometimes, but, I'm glad I got into it when I did.
    geez dude, what an awesome story. that's really inspirational. you guys make olympic lifting look so fun in these vids. makes me wish I had bumpers/the knowledge/talent/ability to do it lol
    501, 302, 551; 1354 @ 181
    Hoss' Gym utube: youtube.com/hoss3644
    Mai utube: youtube.com/caa916

BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by glennpendlay View Post
    We normally do both snatch and clean and jerk both in the morning and afternoon session. Obviously sometimes squatts are added to this. We do change it up sometimes though, and have a long snatch session in the morning, and a long clean and jerk session in the afternoon. My basic strategy is just to push the athletes as hard as possible while doing everything I can do to help them recover, and do that for several weeks them have a lower volume week to rest a bit then go right back at it.
    That is an interesting (and clearly very effective) approach, Glenn.

3 Hours of non stop clean and jerking seems like it'd kill a regular athlete - how long did it take you guys to work up to this capacity? What would you estimate the total number of working sets/ reps that constitute this 3 hour period is?
    Subscribe to The Strength Project :
    http://www.youtube.com/user/olbaid420?feature=mhee

Read the blog:
    http://thegoodmoodfooddude.blogspot.com/

Ask me anything about nutrition:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162775831

glennpendlay is just really nice. (+1000) glennpendlay is just really nice. (+1000) glennpendlay is just really nice. (+1000) glennpendlay is just really nice. (+1000) glennpendlay is just really nice. (+1000) glennpendlay is just really nice. (+1000) glennpendlay is just really nice. (+1000) glennpendlay is just really nice. (+1000) glennpendlay is just really nice. (+1000) glennpendlay is just really nice. (+1000) glennpendlay is just really nice. (+1000)

3 Hours of non stop clean and jerking seems like it'd kill a regular athlete - how long did it take you guys to work up to this capacity? What would you estimate the total number of working sets/ reps that constitute this 3 hour period is?
    It is hard to estimate. Including successful and not succcessfull lifts, and not counting warmups (anything under about 70% or so) I would say that on one particular day Spencer and Jon did around 30 total clean and jerks (probably another 10 for warmup) and a total of 20 or so snatches (again, probably another 10 or so for warmup). That is one particular workout that I am trying to recreate in my mind.

yesterday, I think Jared did about 18 or so snatches, not counting warmups. I really cant recreate his clean nad jerks in my mind.

Keep in mind these post warmup lifts are heavy,mostly singles, sometimes doubles. we are normally working up to max, then dropping down a bit and working either up to a max single again, or working up to a max double. These reps are not simply something like doing "6 sets of 3 at 80%" that would be a joke compared to what we are doing.

As far as how long it takes to get there, depends on the person. Anywhere from 6 months to 3 or 4 years or longer.
    Pendlay.com

laxshack is on a distinguished road. (+10) laxshack is on a distinguished road. (+10) laxshack is on a distinguished road. (+10) laxshack is on a distinguished road. (+10) laxshack is on a distinguished road. (+10) laxshack is on a distinguished road. (+10) laxshack is on a distinguished road. (+10) laxshack is on a distinguished road. (+10) laxshack is on a distinguished road. (+10) laxshack is on a distinguished road. (+10) laxshack is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    hey glenn i was just curious what you think about caffein? do any of your lifters use it on a day to day basis or is it something you'd rather not have your athletes using?

BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by glennpendlay View Post
    It is hard to estimate. Including successful and not succcessfull lifts, and not counting warmups (anything under about 70% or so) I would say that on one particular day Spencer and Jon did around 30 total clean and jerks (probably another 10 for warmup) and a total of 20 or so snatches (again, probably another 10 or so for warmup). That is one particular workout that I am trying to recreate in my mind.

yesterday, I think Jared did about 18 or so snatches, not counting warmups. I really cant recreate his clean nad jerks in my mind.

Keep in mind these post warmup lifts are heavy,mostly singles, sometimes doubles. we are normally working up to max, then dropping down a bit and working either up to a max single again, or working up to a max double. These reps are not simply something like doing "6 sets of 3 at 80%" that would be a joke compared to what we are doing.

As far as how long it takes to get there, depends on the person. Anywhere from 6 months to 3 or 4 years or longer.
    Awesome. Thanks for the reply Glenn.

Read the blog:

Originally Posted by laxshack View Post
    hey glenn i was just curious what you think about caffein? do any of your lifters use it on a day to day basis or is it something you'd rather not have your athletes using?
    I am in favor of caffiene.
    Pendlay.com

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hi Glenn,

Thanks for these inspirational vids.. Are there master lifters in your team? If so, could you record their training as well? At 39 years of age, I have accepted the fact that I am way past my peak. Regardless, I love this sport and I'm doing the best I can with what I have. I would love to see your master lifters if possible. Thanks.
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

jaredenderton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaredenderton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaredenderton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaredenderton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaredenderton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaredenderton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaredenderton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaredenderton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaredenderton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaredenderton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaredenderton will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I'm not sure you ever really "totally" are adapted to the capacity. I mean I think you'll always be stressed from a 3hr CJ session regardless if you have tried to work up to it over a year or however long. That is just plain miserable! haha

jaredenderton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaredenderton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaredenderton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaredenderton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaredenderton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaredenderton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaredenderton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaredenderton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaredenderton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaredenderton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaredenderton will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by laxshack View Post
    I use caffeine like candy haha morning and afternoon workouts both. But, to make sure I Get the so called "desire" effect, or "biggest" effect from it, I limit my caffeine intake to preworkout ONLY. So 15 min before my am session, and 15 min before my pm session.

I Have tried a few different approaches where I slowly got caffeine throughout the day, and I just couldn't get as energized for the training sessions. When I limited it to PRE w/o only I felt a lot better throughout the workout, and was able to relax between sessions (Even more important).

Do you have 1+ hour of warm-ups an drills before moving on to work weights, or what?

I'd love to just have a general idea of how you guys train and how your time is spread out and utilized, no need to get very specific with the programming details and whatnot.

I'd love to be able to come out sometime and train with you guys
    The only warm ups we do are weightlifting specific (and with a bar). We don't do any drills before working weights either. A typical snatch session would begin like this:

barx3 sets of random stuff, 50kgx2-3x3, 70x2x2,90x2,100x1,110x1,120x1,130x1,135x1,140x1,14 5x3x0,110x1,120x1130x1,136x1,141x1, then maybe some doubles (depending on day/circumstance).

Come on out!!

pfffft will become famous soon enough. (+50) pfffft will become famous soon enough. (+50) pfffft will become famous soon enough. (+50) pfffft will become famous soon enough. (+50) pfffft will become famous soon enough. (+50) pfffft will become famous soon enough. (+50) pfffft will become famous soon enough. (+50) pfffft will become famous soon enough. (+50) pfffft will become famous soon enough. (+50) pfffft will become famous soon enough. (+50) pfffft will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How do you guys approach and view injuries ?? I just ruined my shoulder and am probably going to be out for a month or two minimum. I go to the dr tomorrow for diagnosis.

Originally Posted by NorwichGrad View Post
    Hi Glenn,

Thanks for these inspirational vids.. Are there master lifters in your team? If so, could you record their training as well? At 39 years of age, I have accepted the fact that I am way past my peak. Regardless, I love this sport and I'm doing the best I can with what I have. I would love to see your master lifters if possible. Thanks.
    I coach several female masters lifters who who either own the world records in their weight classes or lift above the current world records regularly in training, and just need an international meet to make it official. We have one masters lifter who has recently placed 3rd at the open Nationals, and another who recently placed 4th at the american open. We have a 51 year old male who cleaned 150kg last week.

So yes we have successful masters lifters, but there is only so much I can video. Friday it took me 3 hours of editing just to get what i did get on the web. I will try to keep you masters guys and gals in mind, but i can only do so much. I will say, the past 2 videos, both friday afternoon snatches, and saturday workout, both had masters lifters going after big weights.
    Pendlay.com

Here are yesterdays videos, I snatched 144 and cleaned 170 in the morning. In the afternoon I Snatched 145kg and clean and jerked 172.5kg...

morning workout:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFrlxJH_DmY

afternoon workout:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poaNRLo7504

I snatched 145kg in the 2nd session and that was the 4th best on the team for the day...DAAANNNG. haha I was the only one not to snatch 150kg+ on the day...Cal Strength baby!!

nice lifting Jared!

I was wondering - what is your background with oly lifting before your strongman stint? Did you do cleans and/ or snatches for wrestling at all during high school? If so, what were your best numbers then?

Read the blog:

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Here are yesterdays videos, I snatched 144 and cleaned 170 in the morning. In the afternoon I Snatched 145kg and clean and jerked 172.5kg...

morning workout:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFrlxJH_DmY

afternoon workout:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poaNRLo7504

I snatched 145kg in the 2nd session and that was the 4th best on the team for the day...DAAANNNG. haha I was the only one not to snatch 150kg+ on the day...Cal Strength baby!!
    Awesome videos!!!

Great lifting, Jared!! It's also good to see Donny making his comeback!!

slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    BTBAM,

you should read some of Nick Horton's stuff, he has some good ideas on how to progress into the volume of lifting that Glenn's guys do

heres something he posted on the pendlay forum about squats:

Recently how I've been going about it is first doing only front squats to max 3 days a week with a few back off doubles at 90%. Once they seem good with that, we add front squats on 3 other days but not as heavy - so, now they are squatting 6 days a week. Then we switch to back squats heavy 3 days a week with front squats on light days still not going to max. Then go to max on all of it every day with only back off sets on back squat days (M-W-F: max + back off doubles/triples on back squat; T-H-S: max on Front squat w/out any backoff sets). Finally, we do the same thing but add in some back off sets on the front squats.
    heres a link to his articles

http://www.theironsamurai.com/articles/

most notably the ones about bulgarian training and "How to train like an Olympic Weightlifter in 3 Easy Steps"
    Misc Strength Crew
    Russian Program Weightlifting log http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=707588271

Originally Posted by slowman41 View Post
    BTBAM,

you should read some of Nick Horton's stuff, he has some good ideas on how to progress into the volume of lifting that Glenn's guys do

heres something he posted on the pendlay forum about squats:

heres a link to his articles

http://www.theironsamurai.com/articles/

most notably the ones about bulgarian training and "How to train like an Olympic Weightlifter in 3 Easy Steps"
    Nick's site and knowledge is very good!! I have emailed him and messaged him several times about training methodologies, he really knows his stuff!!!

nice lifting Jared!

I was wondering - what is your background with oly lifting before your strongman stint? Did you do cleans and/ or snatches for wrestling at all during high school? If so, what were your best numbers then?
    I did not have a background in oly lifting prior to strongman...I had about 12 sessions with an oly coach before my sr. year of high school. But I still had really no idea how to snatch/cj. I never did them after that either really.

Originally Posted by olyw8lifter View Post
    Awesome videos!!!

Great lifting, Jared!! It's also good to see Donny making his comeback!!
    Thank you! Yes, Watching him lift is pretty cool, but training alongside him is straight bad ass. He's a bad dude.

I did not have a background in oly lifting prior to strongman...I had about 12 sessions with an oly coach before my sr. year of high school. But I still had really no idea how to snatch/cj. I never did them after that either really.
    That is very impressive.

How are you adapting to the high volume oly specific movements after coming to Cal strength? I feel as though your background in wrestling and strongman is what is keeping your joints strong, and also the fact that you used to carry around 300 lbs of body mass! A normal person without the background you had would have many injuries with leaping into heavy olympic lifting volumes.

Read the blog:

heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Wow, those training clips are very awesome! I love O-lifting and wish I had known about it and became involved with it when I was a teenager.

That is very impressive.

How are you adapting to the high volume oly specific movements after coming to Cal strength? I feel as though your background in wrestling and strongman is what is keeping your joints strong, and also the fact that you used to carry around 300 lbs of body mass! A normal person without the background you had would have many injuries with leaping into heavy olympic lifting volumes.
    I trained myself in the oly lifts for about 11 months prior to going out here. During that time I progressed up into training 2x/day 5 days per week, and once on thurs and sun. Some days I would go in for a 3rd session. However, all I EVER did was sn/cj/fs/bs/psn/pc. 6 movements. MWF was full lifts, T TH S was power. EVERYTHING in the PM was to a max. I would start the morning off with a maximnal back squat. Then I'd hit about a 90% snatch for 3 singles, then about a 90% clean and jerk for 3 singles. Afternoon would be MAX snatch, followed by MAX CJ, followed by MAX FS or BS. So I believe I was already adapted to the "intensity" aspect of it. I only ever did singles as well

As far as the volume...I am pry still adapting. Here is something for everything to think about...people always ask how long it takes to "adapt" to a training program. The answer is NEVER. I mean if it's a great training program you will NEVER adapt. Because your body needs stress in order to find a reason to change. IF it's not stressed nothing will change. So a great program will always stress you, and you will never FULLY adapt. Know what I mean? I think it's just some bad myth that is out there that in weightlifting you can fully adapt and never be sore. I mean, you're lifting heavy weights, very often. You will be sore, and you will be uncomfortable. Ya know?

That is NOT being a jerk to you at all haha! It is a completely legitimate question, and like I Said I am still adapting I believe. How long will it take? I don't know and don't care...I just lift what's on the bar, and accept that I will feel miserable every single day because of the intense training. I welcome pain.

pfffft will become famous soon enough. (+50) pfffft will become famous soon enough. (+50) pfffft will become famous soon enough. (+50) pfffft will become famous soon enough. (+50) pfffft will become famous soon enough. (+50) pfffft will become famous soon enough. (+50) pfffft will become famous soon enough. (+50) pfffft will become famous soon enough. (+50) pfffft will become famous soon enough. (+50) pfffft will become famous soon enough. (+50) pfffft will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    jared i believe you and jon north will soon be excellent work out partners as 94s to push each other to the next level for both of you. keep it up, god speed

Today was just plain disgustingly hard. Like sickening.

AM:
    Snatch- up to 140kg
    Snatch- up to 141kg
    Snatch with Pause at Knee (3 sets of 2): 120, 120, 125kg
    Clean and Jerk- up to 170kg

PM:
    Snatch- up to 140kg
    Snatch- up to 140kg,143x1,146x1, 120kgx3
    Cleans- up to 165kg, 150kgx3x2
    Squats- up to 205kgx3, 190x5, 195x2x5

Night:
    Snatch- up to 140kgx1

Omgsh I attempted over a 140 snatch 30+ times today!! haha wooowwwww to say I Am exhausted is like the understatement of the century. But dang 150kg snatch is right around the corner...

I almost feel like I just got hit by a semi...then dragged for like 6 miles, then beaten with a baseball bat, then chinese tickle tortured, then tickled for an hour, then punched in the back by Mike Tyson for 10 minutes, then kicked in the legs by George St. Pierre. OH, then mentally it's like being kicked in the head by Anderson Silva. Well, at least that's about how mentally sharp I Feel right now. Straight ballin today haha!

slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000) slowman41 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Jared what kind of stuff do you guys eat?

bcaa's, protein, etc for supps?

as for diet, do you guys try to eat mostly "paleo" stuff, clean foods, or just whatever you can find?

thanks, keep up the hard work!
    Misc Strength Crew
    Russian Program Weightlifting log http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=707588271

heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

Today was just plain disgustingly hard. Like sickening.

AM:
    Snatch- up to 140kg
    Snatch- up to 141kg
    Snatch with Pause at Knee (3 sets of 2): 120, 120, 125kg
    Clean and Jerk- up to 170kg

PM:
    Snatch- up to 140kg
    Snatch- up to 140kg,143x1,146x1, 120kgx3
    Cleans- up to 165kg, 150kgx3x2
    Squats- up to 205kgx3, 190x5, 195x2x5

Night:
    Snatch- up to 140kgx1

Omgsh I attempted over a 140 snatch 30+ times today!! haha wooowwwww to say I Am exhausted is like the understatement of the century. But dang 150kg snatch is right around the corner...

I almost feel like I just got hit by a semi...then dragged for like 6 miles, then beaten with a baseball bat, then chinese tickle tortured, then tickled for an hour, then punched in the back by Mike Tyson for 10 minutes, then kicked in the legs by George St. Pierre. OH, then mentally it's like being kicked in the head by Anderson Silva. Well, at least that's about how mentally sharp I Feel right now. Straight ballin today haha!
    Jared, this is awesome, you guys rule!. I love following the progress. Seeing how you all work at this is inspiring and helps most of "us" to break through our own barriers. Keep it up....

Originally Posted by slowman41 View Post
    Jared what kind of stuff do you guys eat?

bcaa's, protein, etc for supps?

as for diet, do you guys try to eat mostly "paleo" stuff, clean foods, or just whatever you can find?

thanks, keep up the hard work!
    We are pretty similar to most other athletes...pre workout we take some creatine/stimulants, during workout some type of sport drink or carb mix, and post workout we take some protein. As far as food...depends on who you're talking about. Jon eats anything in site and stays lean as can be. He has to eat a lot to stay 94. For me I have to eat like a dang bird. I eat very little, otherwise I'll bloat right back up really fast.

We also take some fish oil, but that is the main stuff we take. Nothing crazy, just healthy food and regular supps, ya know? I Also own an online supplement company so I take some different vitamins, etc, but for the most part the team takes that pretty regularly.