liebherrman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

loose skin on lower abs?

Hi Gent's,

Any tips on minimising loose skin around the gut during a cut?

I cut last year succesfully from over 20% down to about 14% ending up at 181lbs from 195.
    I was left with alot of loose skin over my lower abs, i guess due to lack of elasticity with age etc as this is the area i always carried excess fat.

I've bulked a little back to around 195 again putting on some nice lean, i'm currently cutting back again aiming to hit 10-12% this time which i estimate i should hit around 185 ish.

The loose skin is a balls though. Is there anything i can do to tighten the skin in this area or do i accept it as part and parcel???

Thanks

Older But Getting Better Old Bob's Avatar
    Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I wish I had an easy answer for you but I face the same problem and the more research I do the less hope I have of ever getting rid of this loose skin short of surgery.... <sigh>

I'm a good bit older than you and I guess you might eventually shrink up and tighten your skin. I'm afraid at my age that's not going to happen.

I guess the lesson here is to never get extra fat on your body or you'll pay for it later one way or another...

Old Bob
    Getting Old Ain't For Sissys... ;)

Eat to Live... Don't Live to Eat!!!

1951 Body by Gold's Gym and a LOT of Blood, Sweat, and Tears...

mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by liebherrman View Post
    Hi Gent's,

I cut last year succesfully from over 20% down to about 14% ending up at 181lbs from 195.

The loose skin is a balls though. Is there anything i can do to tighten the skin in this area or do i accept it as part and parcel???

Thanks
    Good job on the cut. I lost a lot of weight about 20 years ago (A LOT) around the same time I started lifting. There's no cure for loose skin as far as I know. It just goes with the territory. Arms, legs, back were easy to fix with muscle, but the lower abdominal area hasn't tightened up. Surgery seems to be the only option.

Thanks, yeh i'm pretty happy with the cut so far after 2 weeks i can feel the skin gettin looser already.

Anyhow I can always tuck it into my jeans or staple it below my jocks lol!

Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Old Bob has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks, yeh i'm pretty happy with the cut so far after 2 weeks i can feel the skin gettin looser already.

Anyhow I can always tuck it into my jeans or staple it below my jocks lol!
    LOL.... Yeah most of my loose ugly skin hides beneath the beltline but I still obsess over it. Seems that the better shape I git into, the more critical I am of the "details"... <sigh>

Old Bob.... Vanity is my middle name....

Stay Strong all year long alex2363's Avatar
    alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i too have same prob, but it seems to be getting tighter, it was reall saggy like 2 months ago, now im looking at it and it feels tighter, im doing weighted leg raises, and weighte side dips, and weighted twisters.the muscle is fillling in the saggy areas..hope that helps u too.

Originally Posted by alex2363 View Post
    i too have same prob, but it seems to be getting tighter, it was reall saggy like 2 months ago, now im looking at it and it feels tighter, im doing weighted leg raises, and weighte side dips, and weighted twisters.the muscle is fillling in the saggy areas..hope that helps u too.
    Yeh, i spent alot of time on my abs during last 6 months bulk, got a nasty back inj with twisting raises. won't know if i added much lean on abs till i trim off a bit more of the belly fat though..

trying not to loose the weight too fast, see if that helps

thanks

alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yeh, i spent alot of time on my abs during last 6 months bulk, got a nasty back inj with twisting raises. won't know if i added much lean on abs till i trim off a bit more of the belly fat though..

trying not to loose the weight too fast, see if that helps

thanks
    or you can try this, i may try it in 6 months if my skin dont tighten any better....

or you can try this, i may try it in 6 months if my skin dont tighten any better....

That's liposuction to remove fat... I may be wrong but if you lose all the weight you need to and have sagging skin don't you need a "tuck" instead? Isn't that where they actually remove skin (and sometimes fat too) somewhat like a face lift?

The liposuction proceedure only removes fat of which I and the OP have very little left, if I understand correctly.

Old Bob

peacesells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peacesells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peacesells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peacesells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peacesells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peacesells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peacesells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peacesells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peacesells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peacesells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peacesells is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    There was brief mention in the first video stating the technique can tighten skin as well. Didn't watch the 2nd vid.
    Rolling with the punches.

Originally Posted by Old Bob View Post
    That's liposuction to remove fat... I may be wrong but if you lose all the weight you need to and have sagging skin don't you need a "tuck" instead? Isn't that where they actually remove skin (and sometimes fat too) somewhat like a face lift?

The liposuction proceedure only removes fat of which I and the OP have very little left, if I understand correctly.

Old Bob
    Originally Posted by peacesells View Post
    There was brief mention in the first video stating the technique can tighten skin as well. Didn't watch the 2nd vid.
    yes, this new way of lipo also tightens the skin, when fat is removed the skin tighens, after 3 to 6 months the skin is tight again. but the fat is removed 4ver, also you can even talk and move around or stand up as he does it, no scars at al..tummy tuck leaves big long gash scars...cost 2 to 4 thousand, depends om wat u have done, like chin 1500, abs 2400, legs 300o, hips 2300,ect...im may get it if i dont tighten up. im in nj avg cost 3500...not bad

theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    yes, this new way of lipo also tightens the skin, when fat is removed the skin tighens, after 3 to 6 months the skin is tight again. but the fat is removed 4ver,...
    There is nothing inherent about this or any other liposuction technique that will tighten skin more so than losing weight will. In other words, if your skin tightens after losing body fat through dieting then it will do so after liposuction and vice-versa. If your skin isn't elastic enough to tighten after losing body fat then it will also fail to tighten regardless of what type of liposuction is performed.

peacesells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peacesells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peacesells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peacesells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peacesells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peacesells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peacesells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peacesells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peacesells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peacesells is a jewel in the rough. (+500) peacesells is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by theKurp View Post
    There is nothing inherent about this or any other liposuction technique that will tighten skin more so than losing weight will. In other words, if your skin tightens after losing body fat through dieting then it will do so after liposuction and vice-versa. If your skin isn't elastic enough to tighten after losing body fat then it will also fail to tighten regardless of what type of liposuction is performed.
    The doctors words in the video..not mine. I have no credentials to argue the point.
    Rolling with the punches.

theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The doctors words in the video..not mine. I have no credentials to argue the point.
    Video: ...."there is some evidence to suggest that heat may tighten the skin a little..."

In other words, if enough heat is applied to injure the skin and cause scar tissue to form then yes, the result will be a tightening of the skin. But if that's the effect you're looking for, it would be a hell of a lot cheaper to take a clothes iron and burn your skin for the same result.

Originally Posted by theKurp View Post
    In other words, if enough heat is applied to injure the skin and cause scar tissue to form then yes, the result will be a tightening of the skin. But if that's the effect you're looking for, it would be a hell of a lot cheaper to take a clothes iron and burn your skin for the same result.
    LOL... Iron them wrinkles away... LOL

I guess I'll stick with the sagging skin I already have...

Good one....

Old Bob.... Wrinkled but unscarred... Well... Mostly....

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hi Gent's,

I was left with alot of loose skin over my lower abs, i guess due to lack of elasticity with age etc as this is the area i always carried excess fat.

I've bulked a little back to around 195 again putting on some nice lean, i'm currently cutting back again aiming to hit 10-12% this time which i estimate i should hit around 185 ish.

Thanks

I am most interested in how you ended up with a lot of loose skin by losing only 14 lbs. A cut is supposed to take place over a period whereby you lose maybe .5 a pound per week. Now, were you on a "cut," or a starvation diet?

Congrats on the loss, as any weight loss is good. Give it time.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    I am most interested in how you ended up with a lot of loose skin by losing only 14 lbs. A cut is supposed to take place over a period whereby you lose maybe .5 a pound per week. Now, were you on a "cut," or a starvation diet?

i wanted to ask that question too, but got side tracked.

it does tighten the skin with the laser...i seen alota of these vids, im trying to do my homework if i decide to get it done.

Thanks man

I was 240lbs at one stage then lost way too much weight the wrong way (endless cardio and bad diet), i ended up around 11stone looking miserable. that was about 10 years ago. i hit weights and got back playing rugby again. I really only started taking weight training some way seriously 2 years ago. The skin has been there since then.

I aimed to loose 1-2lbs per week while cutting, the cut last year went from Jan to April so over 16 weeks I lost 14lbs or so. A little under 1lb per week. some weeks weight loss seems more than others even though my diet is strick, I only cut calorioes by 100 when things seem to slow.

Man i've worked too hard in the gym to gain what i've gained in the last few years, the last thing i want to do is starve myself and waste it!!

Thanks guys

Thanks man

I was 240lbs at one stage then lost way too much weight the wrong way (endless cardio and bad diet), i ended up around 11stone looking miserable. that was about 10 years ago. i hit weights and got back playing rugby again. I really only started taking weight training some way seriously 2 years ago. The skin has been there since then.

I aimed to loose 1-2lbs per week while cutting, the cut last year went from Jan to April so over 16 weeks I lost 14lbs or so. A little under 1lb per week. some weeks weight loss seems more than others even though my diet is strick, I only cut calorioes by 100 when things seem to slow.

Man i've worked too hard in the gym to gain what i've gained in the last few years, the last thing i want to do is starve myself and waste it!!

Thanks guys
    do u have pics, it may just be stuborn fat.

Yep was hoping i could tighten up another bit before posting pictures, at the moment its not too bad its when i get below 15% its when it starts to 'flap'. it might do me some good to get feedback on my progress anyhow.

i'll bang one up tonight

either way i'm not going to get hung up on it
    thanks again.

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks man

Thanks guys

I hear you man. I went from 260lbs to my current 172, and the first 70 lbs were done in a horrible fashion (1000 cals a day + cardio). I guess I read from your post that you had only dropped 14 lbs. Makes more sense now.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

I hear you man. I went from 260lbs to my current 172, and the first 70 lbs were done in a horrible fashion (1000 cals a day + cardio). I guess I read from your post that you had only dropped 14 lbs. Makes more sense now.
    brac, u look great, do u have loose skin too?