Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    PaX101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaX101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaX101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaX101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaX101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaX101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaX101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaX101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaX101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaX101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaX101 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Norse_rors View Post
    wtf this is bro science to the max.

I guess that's why sprinters do a lot of heavy as fuk weight work so they can build slow twitch fibres? lolwut.

Fast twitch fibres are the most responsive to growth when put under strain.

Good work... because a 400lb squat is going to help a boxer in a fight, a 500lb deadlift is gonna help a boxer, a 300 lb bench is gonna help....no they're not come on man common sense and the reason sprinters do them is to build explosive power, boxers need to be explosive for 12-15 rounds, not 10 second sprints.

Norse_rors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Norse_rors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Norse_rors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Norse_rors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Norse_rors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Norse_rors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Norse_rors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Norse_rors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Norse_rors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Norse_rors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Norse_rors will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by 1QWIK7 View Post
    How though?

So you're saying lifting massive weights will improve fast twitch muscle fibers??

Look up any boxers' training regimen, there is no bench press 10 reps or DB curls in his workout log, EVER.

People mention tyson lol

Tysons' medical condition didnt allow him to go all rounds, thats why he tried for the KO all the time. Something was wrong with his heart. The rest of those heavyweights were already huge, i highly doubt they were bulking themselves more. Thats just stupid.
    Look at the video i posted above of dwain chambers doing low rep, heavy jump squats. All explosive athletes have a heavy weight training routine.

Fast twitch fibres are the main reason for increase in muscle size and are recruited last when put under strain, so you've got to train heavy to get them activated and built. I'm sorry but you're sorely misinformed if you think otherwise. Just because some boxers train in a certain way, doesn't mean that its the best way, sure they're good but they could have been better with heavy weight training (if that's the view you hold, that they didn't lift heavy). Saying heavy weight will slow you down is just a vague intuition when thinking about a 'bulky person'.

Even for longer distance runners, increase in muscle mass has shown to have NO negative consequences to their endurance, and improves their performance in other ways.
    rep back, i do it

Norse_rors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Norse_rors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Norse_rors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Norse_rors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Norse_rors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Norse_rors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Norse_rors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Norse_rors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Norse_rors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Norse_rors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Norse_rors will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by PaX101 View Post
    Good work... because a 400lb squat is going to help a boxer in a fight, a 500lb deadlift is gonna help a boxer, a 300 lb bench is gonna help....no they're not come on man common sense and the reason sprinters do them is to build explosive power, boxers need to be explosive for 12-15 rounds, not 10 second sprints.
    If you look at what i was responding to, he claimed that lifting heavy weights slowed boxers down, and decreased speed. If you're training for explosive power, do you think that's going to slow someone down? gtfo.
    rep back, i do it

1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Look at the video i posted above of dwain chambers doing low rep, heavy jump squats. All explosive athletes have a heavy weight training routine.

Fast twitch fibres are the main reason for increase in muscle size and are recruited last when put under strain, so you've got to train heavy to get them activated and built. I'm sorry but you're sorely misinformed if you think otherwise. Just because some boxers train in a certain way, doesn't mean that its the best way, sure they're good but they could have been better with heavy weight training (if that's the view you hold, that they didn't lift heavy). Saying heavy weight will slow you down is just a vague intuition when thinking about a 'bulky person'.

Even for longer distance runners, increase in muscle mass has shown to have NO negative consequences to their endurance, and improves their performance in other ways.

Just because some boxers? lol

Mayweather, pacquiao, sugar ray leonard, just to name a few NEVER power lift.

And i dont know if you follow boxing but those guys are well, umm legends.

Why do you think people were amazed at pacquiao for moving UP IN WEIGHT and keeping his speed?

Because the general consensus in boxing is that when you move up in weight, you tend to forfeit speed.

I do agree with ankle weights and wrist weights for boxing. Yes because its all about explosive training.

But i think what you're referring to does NOT apply to boxers.

railgunner22 is a name known to all. (+5000) railgunner22 is a name known to all. (+5000) railgunner22 is a name known to all. (+5000) railgunner22 is a name known to all. (+5000) railgunner22 is a name known to all. (+5000) railgunner22 is a name known to all. (+5000) railgunner22 is a name known to all. (+5000) railgunner22 is a name known to all. (+5000) railgunner22 is a name known to all. (+5000) railgunner22 is a name known to all. (+5000) railgunner22 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Tyson did weights

PaX101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaX101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaX101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaX101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaX101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaX101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaX101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaX101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaX101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaX101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaX101 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you look at what i was responding to, he claimed that lifting heavy weights slowed boxers down, and decreased speed. If you're training for explosive power, do you think that's going to slow someone down? gtfo.
    Lifting heavy weights does slow boxers down in general, we're not just talking punching speed, footwork is everything in boxing, you thing a guy who lifts weights is as agile as someone who does bodyweight plyometrics? gtfo

Edit: Edited because i read what you said wrong the first time

Just because some boxers? lol

Mayweather, pacquiao, sugar ray leonard, just to name a few NEVER power lift.

And i dont know if you follow boxing but those guys are well, umm legends.

Why do you think people were amazed at pacquiao for moving UP IN WEIGHT and keeping his speed?

Because the general consensus in boxing is that when you move up in weight, you tend to forfeit speed.

I do agree with ankle weights and wrist weights for boxing. Yes because its all about explosive training.

But i think what you're referring to does NOT apply to boxers.
    Yes, the general consensus, which is changing and like i said because someone is successful doesn't mean they were doing it right.

Its exactly the same thing people used to think in sprinting and why 100m olympic champion Allan Wells did solely the kind of workout that you're talking about, it worked for him, but in a time when strength training hadn't been realised as effective as it was. try training like that now and see how many olympic titles you win, boxing is slow in coming around to new training science and you're relying on vague intuitions about size and speed which are not backed up by fact, as shown by your reluctance to actually deal with the points i've made backed up by the scientific understanding.
    rep back, i do it

Wtf did you even read my reply?, explosiveness for 10 seconds for sprinters. If a boxer is gonna gas himself in 10 seconds he is fuked, don't be so ignorant. There are more than one type of fast twitch fiber, the ones sprinters desire arn't exactly the same as boxers, put a sprinter in a boxing ring, he is gonna get gassed in the same way if you make a boxer run sprints all day he will get gassed, it's not the same thing

holy phuck
    Yeh i guess that's why sprinter's training is largely constructed of many sets of interval sprints. I accept its not exactly the same but a boxer isn't constantly working at the same rate throughout his round, their are peaks and troughs, which is exactly how sprinters train, and then there is a short break.

Yes boxers need more endurance than a sprinter, but the arguments regarding solely the fact that lifting weights slows you down is completely erroneous. You just brought in a completely different argument, not relating to the intuition i was trying to challenge in the original post.
    rep back, i do it

unchained45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unchained45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unchained45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unchained45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unchained45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unchained45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unchained45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unchained45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unchained45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unchained45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unchained45 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Neshaa View Post
    wouldn't they benefit a lot more if they did more strength training, i read lots of them don't lift weightds and stick to bodyweight workouts, i mean even if they incorporated a little bit of strength training they would be kicking more a$$

discuss
    Some of them indeed use weights. Many are a bit obsessed with remaining in a certain weight class and fear gaining weight.

The asian Sensasian TheAsianMan's Avatar
    TheAsianMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheAsianMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheAsianMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheAsianMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheAsianMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheAsianMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheAsianMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheAsianMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheAsianMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheAsianMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheAsianMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    boxing has alot to do with speed and reflexes, you either got it or you dont.

Very little people have hidden talent for boxing and even a smaller percentage of them even box.
    "Funny story about azn, back in d2 i thought it was a clan. so when anyone had the name AZN or would say i'm azn i was like damn that clan is huge they have members everywhere" -spens

1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yes, the general consensus, which is changing and like i said because someone is successful doesn't mean they were doing it right.
    If someone is successful, why would they change whats working for them?? lol

Its exactly the same thing people used to think in sprinting and why 100m olympic champion Allan Wells did solely the kind of workout that you're talking about, it worked for him, but in a time when strength training hadn't been realised as effective as it was. try training like that now and see how many olympic titles you win, boxing is slow in coming around to new training science and you're relying on vague intuitions about size and speed which are not backed up by fact, as shown by your reluctance to actually deal with the points i've made backed up by the scientific understanding.

You keep bringing up sprinters. I am not doubting the "facts" you've explained but like i said, its different in boxing. Thats why 90% of them DONT power lift.

If they dont power lift, doesnt mean they arent doing it right. Its because it shouldnt be part of the training regimen. lol

Not backed up by fact. I just listed 3 of the fastest boxers in boxing HISTORY that never power lifted and you're saying they are doing it wrong.

LOL

Lifting heavy weights does slow boxers down in general, we're not just talking punching speed, footwork is everything in boxing, you thing a guy who lifts weights is as agile as someone who does bodyweight plyometrics? gtfo

Edit: Edited because i read what you said wrong the first time
    Yes, because incorporating heavy weight training with plyometrics works, I didn't say stop all other training did i?

looks agile to me
    rep back, i do it

If someone is successful, why would they change whats working for them?? lol

You keep bringing up sprinters. I am not doubting the "facts" you've explained but like i said, its different in boxing. Thats why 90% of them DONT power lift.

If they dont power lift, doesnt mean they arent doing it right. Its because it shouldnt be part of the training regimen. lol

Not backed up by fact. I just listed 3 of the fastest boxers in boxing HISTORY that never power lifted and you're saying they are doing it wrong.

LOL
    FUUU i'm NOT saying they're doing it wrong! You're argument seems to be that if someone is successful at something, in a time when everyone trains the same way as them, then that must be the best way to train. It excludes the idea that people can made advances, so you're saying that succesful football players from 100 years ago could compete with those today, or would they benefit from today's training regimens? They'd obviously benefit.
    rep back, i do it

kyhunter89 is just really nice. (+1000) kyhunter89 is just really nice. (+1000) kyhunter89 is just really nice. (+1000) kyhunter89 is just really nice. (+1000) kyhunter89 is just really nice. (+1000) kyhunter89 is just really nice. (+1000) kyhunter89 is just really nice. (+1000) kyhunter89 is just really nice. (+1000) kyhunter89 is just really nice. (+1000) kyhunter89 is just really nice. (+1000) kyhunter89 is just really nice. (+1000)
    some boxers lift weights... its just that if you get too much muscle, lactic acid builds up fasters... lift weights way before the fight, then swap to endurance low wieght training, then explosive training right before the fight... Genetics play a large role here as always as how they look

Yes, because incorporating heavy weight training with plyometrics works, I didn't say stop all other training did i?

looks agile to me
    Lol stop argueing with me, I'm not saying that weight training can't be placed in a boxing routine, will it have benefits? sure, but in return for lifting heavy your gonna get slower recovery and thats gonna effect the boxers training, also boxers work their body's so hard that they could easily injure themselves lifting heavy weights and an injury to a shoulder for a boxer would be tragic to their training.

It's not that it can't be dosnt or hasn't been done it's simply that the disadvantages far outweight the benefits.

NJLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NJLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NJLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NJLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NJLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NJLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NJLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NJLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NJLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NJLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NJLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Take an exercise physiology course then cone back and see if you think it's stupid then.
    Shut up and Squat!

Living with ALS or dying because of it. ama

Lol stop argueing with me, I'm not saying that weight training can't be placed in a boxing routine, will it have benefits? sure, but in return for lifting heavy your gonna get slower recovery and thats gonna effect the boxers training, also boxers work their body's so hard that they could easily injure themselves lifting heavy weights and an injury to a shoulder for a boxer would be tragic to their training.

It's not that it can't be dosnt or hasn't been done it's simply that the disadvantages far outweight the benefits.
    I'm arguing a basic point but seriously you've changed your tune about 3 times already when i've tried to address your points. So now you do accept weight training doesn't slow them down per se in the ring and it could be used as a useful part of a boxer's training - so you agree with my original point, cool.

The other points you raise in this post are obviously something that any athlete has to think about, but it doesn't stop the coach coming up with a decent training system.
    rep back, i do it

I'm the best, brah. ShoulderRoll's Avatar
    ShoulderRoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShoulderRoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShoulderRoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShoulderRoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShoulderRoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShoulderRoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShoulderRoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShoulderRoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShoulderRoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShoulderRoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShoulderRoll will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by vazquez View Post
    old school boxing science dictates that lifting weights reduces speed and slows down your reflexes.
    Originally Posted by damnthisburns View Post
    The old school boxing branch states that lifting weights comprimises speed and agility.
    They fear the fighter will become ' muscle bound '.

However, this is extremely rare and modern boxing schools often put fighters on a compound movement lifting routine for increased explosive power. Combined with a ****load of running / core workouts ofcourse.
    Truth
    wtf this is bro science to the max.

I guess that's why sprinters do a lot of heavy as fuk weight work so they can build slow twitch fibres? lolwut.

Fast twitch fibres are the most responsive to growth when put under strain.

But boxers train for endurance, not just explosiveness. Hence why guys like David Haye used to get gassed in the 4th round because he focused too much on power and strength and not on endurance
    Originally Posted by kyhunter89 View Post
    some boxers lift weights... its just that if you get too much muscle, lactic acid builds up fasters... lift weights way before the fight, then swap to endurance low wieght training, then explosive training right before the fight... Genetics play a large role here as always as how they look
    Truth

I've seen guys who are in great shape, low body fat, but still barely have abs and don't look like athletes.
    "You was better off you'd stayed in the Bronx!"
    "It would've have been better for you too"

I'm the best, brah. ShoulderRoll's Avatar
    ShoulderRoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShoulderRoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShoulderRoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShoulderRoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShoulderRoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShoulderRoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShoulderRoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShoulderRoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShoulderRoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShoulderRoll will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShoulderRoll will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm arguing a basic point but seriously you've changed your tune about 3 times already when i've tried to address your points. So now you do accept weight training doesn't slow them down per se in the ring and it could be used as a useful part of a boxer's training - so you agree with my original point, cool.

The other points you raise in this post are obviously something that any athlete has to think about, but it doesn't stop the coach coming up with a decent training system.
    Weight training can and is used as a useful tool by a lot of fighters

However, on the whole, the sport of boxing is very backwards and dogmatic in its approach to training techniques. Hence why lots of fighters have their training all wrong. Eg amateur fighters whose trainers have them running 5 miles every morning, but never doing sprints, even though they're training for a 3 x 2
    "You was better off you'd stayed in the Bronx!"
    "It would've have been better for you too"

FUUU i'm NOT saying they're doing it wrong! You're argument seems to be that if someone is successful at something, in a time when everyone trains the same way as them, then that must be the best way to train. It excludes the idea that people can made advances, so you're saying that succesful football players from 100 years ago could compete with those today, or would they benefit from today's training regimens? They'd obviously benefit.
    I never said it was the best way to train.

I listed 3 fast boxers, who didnt power train. I can name a lot more that arent as successful as those 3 guys but are still fast as phuck with outstanding careers.

All im saying is that most boxers dont power lift for a reason. And thats why i listed those 3 guys.

Thats proven evidence that you DONT HAVE TO power lift to be fast.

Thats all i was saying.

pharscape91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pharscape91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pharscape91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pharscape91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pharscape91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pharscape91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pharscape91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pharscape91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pharscape91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pharscape91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pharscape91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

The aim is to score points or knock them out, you can do both of these without weight training. The time is better spent on endurance, speed and actual boxing drills.

Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Generally speaking lifting weights builds slow twitch muscle fibers so they try to avoid slow heavy weight movements....,

Most of the muscular strength they build is from bodyweight work because it gives them relative strength while adding some real lean muscle.

Just saiyan

Fukcing facepalm.
    http://youtube.com/user/Kiknskreem

I never said it was the best way to train.

I listed 3 fast boxers, who didnt power train. I can name a lot more that arent as successful as those 3 guys but are still fast as phuck with outstanding careers.

All im saying is that most boxers dont power lift for a reason. And thats why i listed those 3 guys.

Thats proven evidence that you DONT HAVE TO power lift to be fast.

Thats all i was saying.
    You said in response to someone saying lifting weights builds slow twitch fibres:

"Exactly this.

Most boxers do plyo's and variations.

Its all about the fast twitch muscle fibers. "

So no, that wasn't all you were saying.

And I never was arguing that you had to powerlift to be fast, exactly as my Allan Wells example demonstrated.
    rep back, i do it

Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you thing a guy who lifts weights is as agile as someone who does bodyweight plyometrics? gtfo
    You think these are mutually exclusive?

gtfo

Hey retard, powerlifting s a specialized sport concerned only with three lifts.

There is a HUGE difference between powerlifting, and general strength training for athletics.

You said in response to someone saying lifting weights builds slow twitch fibres:

"Exactly this.

Most boxers do plyo's and variations.

Its all about the fast twitch muscle fibers. "

So no, that wasn't all you were saying.

And I never was arguing that you had to powerlift to be fast, exactly as my Allan Wells example demonstrated.
    Where's the part where i said it was the best way??

Notice the keyword, "MOST".

Yes "MOST" boxers do plyo's and variations.

And yes its all about fast twitch muscle fibers. And not really power lifting as those 3 boxers i mentioned were key in that statement.

So yeah, thats all i was saying.

Originally Posted by Kiknskreem View Post
    Hey retard, powerlifting s a specialized sport concerned only with three lifts.

There is a HUGE difference between powerlifting, and general strength training for athletics.
    Sorry tough guy.

WEIGHT TRAINING.

cardioman_23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cardioman_23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cardioman_23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cardioman_23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cardioman_23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cardioman_23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cardioman_23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cardioman_23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cardioman_23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cardioman_23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cardioman_23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

also depends on boxers build, some have slender bone structure which allows for extra muscle without slowing down too much

most guys who are built for power lifting those big boned beefy guys dont do boxing because they jsut arent limber enough thats why u dont c boxers lifting that heavy a weight

Where's the part where i said it was the best way??

Notice the keyword, "MOST".

Yes "MOST" boxers do plyo's and variations.

And yes its all about fast twitch muscle fibers. And not really power lifting as those 3 boxers i mentioned were key in that statement.

So yeah, thats all i was saying.
    wtf, you saying "most" doesn't make any difference to you claiming that someone was "exactly right" when saying lifting weight decreases speed and that non-weight training exercises built fast twitch fibres the best. I seriously can't believe you're still trying to claim otherwise and backpeddling on your original bul****
    rep back, i do it

EndingLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EndingLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EndingLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EndingLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EndingLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EndingLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EndingLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EndingLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EndingLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EndingLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EndingLife has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I am an amateur boxer at the kronk and I definitely lift weights. I've done bodybuilding and boxing for years. Normally I would be glad to explain to you the logic behind weightlifting as a boxer but I've already wrote long and elaborate explanations in the past with no replies so I'm not even going to waste my time anymore.