Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,800 of 1813
    svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by AdventureRocks View Post
    Glutes - Barbell Hip bridges from the floor 120kg (i assume the small 75% size Olympic bar is 20kg) 4 sets 12-15 reps, pausing for 3-5 seconds at the top of the movement and then coming down controlled not touching the floor with ass. Last night i majorly messed up and felt i really sharp pain near my ass hole after 3 reps on first set so stopped immediately hoping i do not get that when i go back on Friday.

Core - i found this great video on youtube which does not seem to use any hip flexor movements "At Home Core Workout | Clutch Life: Ashley Conrad's 24/7 Fitness Trainer" video id = dJlFmxiL11s (can not post links)

Hamstrings- Doing the leg curl machine at 60kg for 4 sets between 8-12 reps

Progress pictures 8 weeks today. Am i going in the right direction or is this progress slower than expected, i feel as though i am going to be another 12 weeks at least? I should still be avoiding squatting and deadlifts until this is sorted still?
    Routine & progress pics look fine mate.

If you get more pain from hip thrusts, lower the weight and just sustain more at top (I only do light 60kg atm, but 3x 30s reps)
    (this is not hypertrophy exercise, going for reps is pointless)

Ignore progress pics, instead:
    (1) your glutes will be ready when your quads no longer have knots or abnormal tightness
    (2) your core will be ready when your lower back tightness is gone, and you can comfortably do 3x 90s front planks, and 3x60s side planks

Once ready, restart dls & squats from BAR ONLY while strengthening glutes & core at the same time, you'll quickly get a hang on the ratios.

I give it ~6 weeks unless you're doing something wrong, have fun & good luck brah

AdventureRocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdventureRocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdventureRocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdventureRocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdventureRocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdventureRocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdventureRocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdventureRocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by svartberg View Post
    Routine & progress pics look fine mate.

If you get more pain from hip thrusts, lower the weight and just sustain more at top (I only do light 60kg atm, but 3x 30s reps)
    (this is not hypertrophy exercise, going for reps is pointless)

Ignore progress pics, instead:
    (1) your glutes will be ready when your quads no longer have knots or abnormal tightness
    (2) your core will be ready when your lower back tightness is gone, and you can comfortably do 3x 90s front planks, and 3x60s side planks

Once ready, restart dls & squats from BAR ONLY while strengthening glutes & core at the same time, you'll quickly get a hang on the ratios.

I give it ~6 weeks unless you're doing something wrong, have fun & good luck brah
    Thank you for your continued support!

I will check in again in around 6 weeks with a progress update, hopefully be gone and my sanity can start returning

svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000)
    Headsup, check your mattresses brahs

Was starting to get kyphosis again and noticed my mattress was soft right where my lower/mid back was
    Flipped my mattress around and holy crap my ass is getting kicked every night now.
    Will report in a few months if I see improvement, but defo lesson learnt.

KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Headsup, check your mattresses brahs

Was starting to get kyphosis again and noticed my mattress was soft right where my lower/mid back was
    Flipped my mattress around and holy crap my ass is getting kicked every night now.
    Will report in a few months if I see improvement, but defo lesson learnt.
    What do you mean by this?

I got my apt mostly beat, but holy chit, when I sleep at my gf's house my back hurts so fking bad in the morning. Literally feel crippled and it takes 20 min just to get moving. Soft bed? Posistions you guys sleep in? Sleeping is literally my only problem now.

Originally Posted by KMadigan777 View Post
    What do you mean by this?

I got my apt mostly beat, but holy chit, when I sleep at my gf's house my back hurts so fking bad in the morning. Literally feel crippled and it takes 20 min just to get moving. Soft bed? Posistions you guys sleep in? Sleeping is literally my only problem now.
    Check if her mattress is softer or harder than yours, in a soft mattress your pelvis will kinda sink in so you're hunched.

Ya my back was in agony too on the firmer bed, had to use a higher pillow to compensate.

Not saying firm is a must, but it's just that after few years mattresses get softer and you sink in them, which isn't good for posture.

KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Check if her mattress is softer or harder than yours, in a soft mattress your pelvis will kinda sink in so you're hunched.

Ya my back was in agony too on the firmer bed, had to use a higher pillow to compensate.

Not saying firm is a must, but it's just that after few years mattresses get softer and you sink in them, which isn't good for posture.
    Its softer. I think it messes with my sleep as well, keep waking up during night.

Also just for posterity, it really comes down to: weak abs, tight quads, tight back, or weak butt. For me it was partly tight back, but almost entirely 'weak' butt, but take in mind I was squating/leg pressing a lot, but I wasn't really using my butt. I know actually know how to flex it (practice flexing it all day). So for me, stretching quads wasn't doing chit. So some people may need to look at something beyond this. I have a different friend that their problem was too weak of abs.

From Bones to Brawn SkinnyBeast24's Avatar
    SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Bench 315x1 - Squat 415x1 - Deadlift 515x1 Total = 1,245

3/4/5 Club as of 8-23-2019. Feels good man.

M.S. Exercise Science (2018)
    Certified by: NSCA C.S.C.S, NASM-CPT

6'5 Manmore, 230 pounds, 15% body-fat (Bod Pod tested)

COLTS (football) - Lakers (LeGOAT) - Indians (Baseball) - Uconn Huskies (college) - USA Soccer

Venziar is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    HI All

Need Your Help and Advice.

Weight :- 80kgs
    Height :- 5 Feet 11 Inches

5 Months Before I got a pain in my biceps and i was using ice for couple of week then i didn't see it coming. Pain will be there once i am done with my workout and the next day morning it will be quite normal.

Pain was there in Biceps Bracii (Long Head) area.

Right now couple of week i am facing the same pain in Biceps Bracii (long Head) when i life the weights.

Is there some advice for me please. Or Do i need to go to the chiropractor center.

What I need to do please advice I am applying some cream but still i am getting the pain when i do the pull ups and biceps barbell curl.

please help and advice

Venziar is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    HI All

Need Your Help and Advice.

Weight :- 80kgs
    Height :- 5 Feet 11 Inches

5 Months Before I got a pain in my biceps and i was using ice for couple of week then i didn't see it coming. Pain will be there once i am done with my workout and the next day morning it will be quite normal.

Pain was there in Biceps Bracii (Long Head) area.

Right now couple of week i am facing the same pain in Biceps Bracii (long Head) when i life the weights.

Is there some advice for me please. Or Do i need to go to the chiropractor center.

What I need to do please advice I am applying some cream but still i am getting the pain when i do the pull ups and biceps barbell curl.

please help and advice

Its softer. I think it messes with my sleep as well, keep waking up during night.

Also just for posterity, it really comes down to: weak abs, tight quads, tight back, or weak butt. For me it was partly tight back, but almost entirely 'weak' butt, but take in mind I was squating/leg pressing a lot, but I wasn't really using my butt. I know actually know how to flex it (practice flexing it all day). So for me, stretching quads wasn't doing chit. So some people may need to look at something beyond this. I have a different friend that their problem was too weak of abs.
    Ya dude APT is not rocket science once you figure it out ey

Ah softer bed ... hmm can try lower pillow maybe when you're at her place? dunno man I feel ya

AdventureRocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdventureRocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdventureRocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdventureRocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdventureRocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdventureRocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdventureRocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdventureRocks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    progress update from another 5 weeks do you think i still have APT and have improved from 5 weeks previous? Starting to become a bit blinkered by it now.

Photo on the left is most recent photo on the right is 5 weeks ago
    Attached Images

progress update from another 5 weeks do you think i still have APT and have improved from 5 weeks previous? Starting to become a bit blinkered by it now.

Photo on the left is most recent photo on the right is 5 weeks ago
    Take pics with your arms to the sides + chin like your very first pic couple pages ago, then line them all 3 side by side.

Take pics with your arms to the sides + chin like your very first pic couple pages ago, then line them all 3 side by side.
    These any better?

The one on its own is what I look like now if I squeeze my glutes hard
    Attached Images

These any better?

The one on its own is what I look like now if I squeeze my glutes hard
    Ya man good work, you went from textbook hyperlordosis (aka snapcity) to regular lordosis
    Now (or soon enough) you can do deads/squats while focusing on proper form.

Regarding posture, there will be minor improvements but expect diminished returns at this point
    The only known way atm to get to brobrah/k0pe epic posture level is to get a job where you literally stand/move all day.
    Nevertheless, a bit of curvature is healthy, don't stress over it you still gonna look better than majority of population ey

Btw lost it at that hat haha, keep it real mate

Hey Svart (or anyone else here) have you found that of various hip flexor stretches only a few work? The only ones I really get a good burn on is a standing leg stretch, like any type of hurdle doesnt do it.

Also, do you guys have really insanely tight upper erectors? I notice thats a major issue for me.

https://assesstreatcondition.wordpre...rse-abdominis/

Interesting read, thoughts from anyone?

Hey Svart (or anyone else here) have you found that of various hip flexor stretches only a few work? The only ones I really get a good burn on is a standing leg stretch, like any type of hurdle doesnt do it.

Also, do you guys have really insanely tight upper erectors? I notice thats a major issue for me.
    Hey dude, Nah the standing leg stretch is more quads than hip flexors.
    The famous hip flexor stretch on the other hand,, doesn't do anything to the quads hence you don't feel it.
    I'm guilty of prefering to do standing leg stretch, cause I love the quads burn :P

As for upper erectors, I don't know your physique but I believe you've actually stumbled on a common misconception, where the upper erectors are *stretched too hard* thus feel tight.
    Very few people have tight upper erectors, mostly people who are on their feet all day (e.g. tradies, hunters, rangers, etc ... who also don't use computers when they get home).

I think I figured the kyphotic problem with chairs, all chairs. (even my overpriced Steelcase)
    I sincerely believe this can be improved, and chairs will eventually only cause APT, not Kyphosis.

(btw this has nothing to do with lower back pain, or pain of any sort, but rather the hunched back posture of modern humans)

BReddy15 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Another way to view what you're getting at is as someone reclines in a chair, if they're still attempting to reach forward e.g. work at a desk, then the combination of reaching forward with the recline is grounds for excessive kyphosis.

However, the mere act of reclining doesn't cause kyphosis. If the entire body reclines, head and shoulders too, then everything is still relatively straight. But if you recline a decent amount, you're going to start bringing your head forward to look at a monitor, etc. (I'm talking about a desk set-up, not laptop.)

After all, if you are reclined, your eyes natural position would be to look up, but most people have their monitor straight ahead, if not a bit down. Meaning the person has to look down some, and the rest of the body tends to follow the eyes. Eyes look down => Upper back starts rounding that direction. (Most people wouldn't have as much kyphosis issues if they were looking up or straight ahead all day.)

So another route you can go, if your chair has some recline, is bring your work station closer to you / bring your chair closer to your work station. This way you're not reaching as much. You could also elevate your monitor.

Lastly, placing a pillow between your upper back and the chair, effectively pushing the upper back forward some, is a way to get some thoracic extension. It's a play on your chair idea.

So if you have APT you have kyphosis also?

Thread is mostly dead, but I have now started focusing on kyphosis (even though I have apt) and it is making a lot of difference. I feel tightness/pain in my midback now that I am working on improving it. A lot better overall, try it if your apt progress isnt happening.

EatMoBettah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EatMoBettah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EatMoBettah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EatMoBettah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EatMoBettah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EatMoBettah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EatMoBettah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EatMoBettah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EatMoBettah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EatMoBettah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EatMoBettah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Any good body weight exercises that I can do while currently in the process of trying to fix my APT?

For example, I'd be fine with doing sit-ups, push-ups and other exercises as long as my back can remain flat or stable and it won't interfere with my APT exercises.

Is it possible for me to do this, or should I just wait for a while after I've already been doing APT exercises before doing any other sorts of exercises?

bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Svartberg still active here? Hello man

bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So if you have APT you have kyphosis also?
    No, but mostly.
    Fix for this in shortest way explained:

Strength...
    ... Your glutes (bridges, hip thrusts)
    ... Your abs (planks)
    ... Your (mid) trap and romboids (rows)
    ... Your (upper part of your) erector spinae (barbell exercises like Front squats)

Mobilize...
    ... Your chest
    ... Your (front) dealt area
    ... Your hip flexor and rectus femoris
    ... Your spine

I started to fix my posture in 2013 in this thread and it worked but after that i started to squat and deadlift a lot and it made my posture even better. In 2016 i lifted over 200 kg (deadlift). Today my posture feels rock solid. Keep going guys
    Last edited by bastianek; 12-25-2018 at 04:30 PM.

Hey bastianek, nice to see you're still kicking ass bro

Hey bastianek, nice to see you're still kicking ass bro
    Yeah man you found out some new stuff in the last years?

Originally Posted by bastianek View Post
    Yeah man you found out some new stuff in the last years?
    Nah found nothing new regarding posture man.

What did you post above about mobilization, anything good?
    Also did you find any decent alternatives to hip thrusts & planks? been getting pretty repetitive here looking to spice it up :P

So pretty bored doing the same exercises for so many years, I miss how exciting lifting used to be in the beginning
    I've found even switching small things (e.g. switching benchpress db to bb) rejuvenated that exercise, and increase motivation and performance.

But when it comes to isometric exercises for APT (front core, side core, glutes), man it's hard finding alternatives!

For internal obliques am experimenting with this pilates exercise (no homo), it does make me want to die which is good!

There's still a bit of hip-flexor involvement, I imagine the exercise below eliminates it but requires more intricate setup (though should be simple to improvise with my squat rack, aerobic stepper & a belt)

For the front core I've been trying the ab-wheel, not sure if it's a good alternative to front planks as it involves too much shoulders & lats,
    As for glutes, not much luck, I guess there's reverse hyper extensions but again requires too much equipment setup.

Any suggestions?

Aight following the above idea, found a cool alternative for front planks

This is how I set it up atm, probably too risky if I ever add weights, but that's ages away as it's infinitely harder than planks

Nah found nothing new regarding posture man.

What did you post above about mobilization, anything good?
    Also did you find any decent alternatives to hip thrusts & planks? been getting pretty repetitive here looking to spice it up :P
    Just basic mobilization... Nothing special...

I recommend you starting with deadlifts. Nothing made my core and glutes stronger. Deadlifts did A LOT for me. But rest the bar after every rep on the ground and start every rep from the same position. It decreases the chances of bad posture.

in my opinion and experience:

Training with Complex movements like deadlifts, Front-, overhead-, back squats etc. and using a moderate "heavy" weight, gives you the best results. If you can handle these lifts with a GOOD POSTURE and some good amount of weight, you will get a better posture in your daily activities. :-)