Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61
Results 1,801 to 1,813 of 1813
    svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ah fair enough, ya man can't beat deads & squats ey!

At the end of the day, for someone who sits as much as me (almost entire day), I think there's a limit to how much exercises can help with posture aesthetics.
    I've fully accepted my posture will be at ~70% of its potential, but my enthusiasm into future innovations is always there.

Btw had great success with the new exercises I'm doing (side/front core extensions), can easily do those with a decent roman chair, and damn they make planks feel like kindergarten

Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sinan09400 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    in for later

Adam201 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Not True I gained height from correcting it

Originally Posted by TheKoiCarp View Post
    To answer your questions:

1) Foam rollers come in different densities. The more dense they are the harder and less likely to warp. As I live in UK i cannot recommend any websites suitable for you however I did find the more you spend, generally the better the quality.

2) APT is not directly linked to lower back weakness, however one of the symtoms is the lower back getting very tight. Strengthening it will not have an impact however, you should be working on strengthening your glutes and hamstrings more to help hold your pelvis in the correct position naturally. Feeling deadlifts on your lower back usually means your are not working your glutes as much as you should, hence it isnt helping overall. Drop the weights and concentrate purely contracting the glutes in the final stage of the deadlift.

3) No you will not be taller however with your natural posture improving throughout your body you may well feel like you are (ie chest up, shoulders back). Balance and body control will be affected in a positive way, your core will be stronger and you will feel more body power, however this will take time as you are correcting a problem that has been in the making for a majority of your life

To all the other people who are asking whether these exercises "work" or who has "cured" their APT, it simply doesnt happen like that. APT is a problem with your posture, the only cure is yourself. If you are not consistent with your work and practice good posture constantly you will always keep slipping back into bad habits. It takes time and dedication. If you are anything like me, then it is probably something you will have to keep up for a long long time.
    You mention "no you will not gain height from it" but that is completely false, I am a true attest to that, I am in the process of fixing my APT/ hyper lordosis and have a mild hyper kyphotic curve and I have already gained/regained a 1/4 inch, I measure 1/4 of an inch taller in the night than I did before treatment, also not a measurement error as it was done using a stadiometer and the same one also at the same times, I also measured on multiple occasions to make sure the measurement wasn't an anomaly, which it wasn't. I also measured against a wall and I can confirm I can now stand 1/4 of an inch taller than I could before I started seeing my phsyio and doing corrective exercises.

It's simple common sense, what is longer a curved spine or a straight erect spine? ( baring every healthy spine will have mild lordosis and kyphosis it's only when they are excessive when it becomes an issue).

So yes fixing hyper lordosis can indeed increase your measurable height depending on how excessive it is, you are not "getting taller" but you are standing at your tallest potential height.

my progress

Originally Posted by svartberg View Post
    Ah fair enough, ya man can't beat deads & squats ey!

At the end of the day, for someone who sits as much as me (almost entire day), I think there's a limit to how much exercises can help with posture aesthetics.
    I've fully accepted my posture will be at ~70% of its potential, but my enthusiasm into future innovations is always there.

Btw had great success with the new exercises I'm doing (side/front core extensions), can easily do those with a decent roman chair, and damn they make planks feel like kindergarten

great progress by the way bro, let me show you my progress

I hate to use the word progress so much but my posture is still a work in progress

I've been going to a physio and I've been doing corrective exercises , do you recommend any other certain stretches I'll show you my APT/Kyphosis below
    Attached Images

Originally Posted by AdventureRocks View Post
    These any better?

The one on its own is what I look like now if I squeeze my glutes hard
    amazing progress! especially for 5 weeks!!! your back looks healthy now

what exercises did you focus on to correct it?
    Last edited by Adam201; 04-20-2019 at 09:02 AM.

findlay89 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

First Post

Hey, stumbled across this forum whilst trying to diagnose the cause of my lower back pain (seemingly brought on by squats and rom deadlifts). Started properly training about 2 years back but ended up calling it quits for a while due to the constant low level pain right at bottom of my back. Fast forward to today and im about 8 weeks in to a 4 day per week training routine and its happening again to the point it can be pretty uncomfortable just sitting. Anyway, I initially thought it may be APT causing it, but after having a look through some of the pics in previous posts I'm not so sure (Own pics attached). Also crossed my mind that it could be sciatica but im just guessing based on google searches. Either way, any advice would be appreciated.
    Attached Images

Registered User ImproveFitDaily's Avatar
    ImproveFitDaily is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It is amazing how much great information is within this thread. I hope everyone has received a great deal of pain relief (or full recovery) from the information within these posts!
    Keep Working Hard!

http://improvefitnessdaily.com/index.php/2019/09/02/i-want-to-show-you-how-to-be-pain-free-all-the-time-2/

Health & Wellness is priceless

svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000)
    Found an easy setup for side extensions, this isometric exercise really isolates the obliques nicely, and imo vastly superior to side planks for veteran lifters

See image from January for how this exercise sorta looks like, but no need to extend the arm like he does.

• 15kg on each side, 20kg behind to secure it
    • Your entire body faces the side (i.e. facing right works your left oblique)
    • Outer leg secured under the squat pad, inner leg where ever
    • inner leg thigh rests on bench, i use a towel.

Aight after 8 years of experimentations, I've accidentally found a way to fix APT even if I sit all day.
    This happened as I sleep on a very thin futon (like 1-2"), and prop the hips up a bit. took few weeks of adjusting.
    It's quite the hack, abs showing better, and now when I run I feel my glutes/hams fully activate and do most of the work.

Thing is it doesn't seem to help my kyphosis (my actual goal), and tbh I don't really care about fixing my APT any further lol.
    Anyway not gonna complain, but my goal for the last 8 years is still to fix kyphosis.

Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    One advice from me guys, dont forget about big player in ATP which is lats ... If it's tight it can literally tilt your pelvis forward. But one of the main reason why people who lifting end up with ATP is becuase they are always tought to "extend extend extend". What it does, it creating a lot of tightness in your low back, that's the reason people have ATP, u always have to choose exericse which flex the spine (the lower portion) not the upper though. Great exercise for that is leg raises which stretching out the lower erector spiane or reverse hyper extension (that's the best if u got access)

dandogg is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Great content bro!!!

bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by findlay89 View Post
    Hey, stumbled across this forum whilst trying to diagnose the cause of my lower back pain (seemingly brought on by squats and rom deadlifts). Started properly training about 2 years back but ended up calling it quits for a while due to the constant low level pain right at bottom of my back. Fast forward to today and im about 8 weeks in to a 4 day per week training routine and its happening again to the point it can be pretty uncomfortable just sitting. Anyway, I initially thought it may be APT causing it, but after having a look through some of the pics in previous posts I'm not so sure (Own pics attached). Also crossed my mind that it could be sciatica but im just guessing based on google searches. Either way, any advice would be appreciated.
    Posture looks fine for me imo. If youre still active, post a clip of your deadlift/squat.

Svartberg whats up man 😱

bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by svartberg View Post
    Aight after 8 years of experimentations, I've accidentally found a way to fix APT even if I sit all day.
    This happened as I sleep on a very thin futon (like 1-2"), and prop the hips up a bit. took few weeks of adjusting.
    It's quite the hack, abs showing better, and now when I run I feel my glutes/hams fully activate and do most of the work.

Thing is it doesn't seem to help my kyphosis (my actual goal), and tbh I don't really care about fixing my APT any further lol.
    Anyway not gonna complain, but my goal for the last 8 years is still to fix kyphosis.
    Getting stronger in deadlifts, squats and front squats was key for me. Everything what hits spinal erector pretty hard. Perfect form is key here. Kyphosis is also a big mental & neurological thing. There can be many reasons behind it.