Page 6 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    johnnie1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Chiming in. Have pretty bad APT myself, causing some very nasty gut distension. It's almost like I'm pregnant, even though my BF is pretty low.

Definitely gonna try this stuff!!

MfcChris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MfcChris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have noticed I have had this for a year now and done a lot of research. Everything you say is true. For the past year every single day I am so self conscious and hate my body because of this very bad APT I have, and I mean very bad.

Having so many people on here and people having success with this has given me the motivation to really do something about this.

I read weak TvA also plays a part in APT.

How are you meant to strengthen your glutes and hamstrings if you say don't do squats and deadlifts?

lifting > social life RunFromIt's Avatar
    RunFromIt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunFromIt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunFromIt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunFromIt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunFromIt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunFromIt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunFromIt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunFromIt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunFromIt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunFromIt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunFromIt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Do I have it? to add in, I deadlift the way you said, straightening the legs first then using all back, but I squat well. My ass never hurts when I squat, which is weird. My first set always has lower back pain, but that's with really light weight, and once I'm warmed up it goes away. Also, I don't know if this could do it, but often fall asleep on my stomach. I usually wake up on a side though.
    Bench: 235 / Squat:300 parallel / Dead: 335 / 4.65 40 yd / 33 in standing vert

RunFromIt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunFromIt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunFromIt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunFromIt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunFromIt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunFromIt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunFromIt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunFromIt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunFromIt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunFromIt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RunFromIt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hmm.. I found that if I conscientiously suck in my stomach a little and keep it flexed, my posture improved to the point that the arch goes away, my chest puffs out and I feel a little better. I feel more upright and a little less tense. Is that all it takes? I don't really wanna fuss with all the stretches unless it gets to a point where I'm in pain all the time, which I'm not (only when I warm up with squats).

TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jam88 View Post
    Checking in to share an update.

Been working at this for 1.5 months now (1 month with roam rolling). And I'm pretty sure I'm seeing some results now, or at very least I'm getting in the habit of standing with good posture.

I've been pretty dedicated to this (probably could have fit in an extra workout some weeks though), sitting with proper posture as much as I can, firing dem glutes often, etc. I stretch every morning, afternoon and evening. People at work probably think I have ADD because i get up from my desk like every half hour just to walk around and stretch out a bit.

Anyways just sharing my experience so far, and thanks again to BroBrah, I know this info is all over the web but your OP made me finally get serious and take action.

I'll report back again once I fully correct this.
    That's great man! Haha, yeah getting up and stretching is a great habbit though. I'm glad your following through. I'm very glad i'm actually making a difference in peoples lives. I would love to see some progress pics, and more updates!

Originally Posted by johnnie1983 View Post
    Chiming in. Have pretty bad APT myself, causing some very nasty gut distension. It's almost like I'm pregnant, even though my BF is pretty low.

Definitely gonna try this stuff!!
    Haha yeah, i know. When i didn't know i had APT i always wondered why i had a 6 pack with a huge belly. It was the worst thing that could ever happen to my physique, a lot of times people mistake a GH gut for APT. Good luck! I'm always here for questions.

Originally Posted by MfcChris View Post
    I have noticed I have had this for a year now and done a lot of research. Everything you say is true. For the past year every single day I am so self conscious and hate my body because of this very bad APT I have, and I mean very bad.

Having so many people on here and people having success with this has given me the motivation to really do something about this.

I read weak TvA also plays a part in APT.

How are you meant to strengthen your glutes and hamstrings if you say don't do squats and deadlifts?
    I feel yuh mayneee, i felt the same way. It fuks up your physique and makes you self conscious. The worst part is not knowing how to fix it, and that's why i made this guide. It's a lot more simple to fix than people make it out to be. And your correct the TvA (Transverse abdominal muscle) definitely can play a factor, which is why i recommended planks as one of the correcting exercises.

Lying leg curls, Glute ham raises, Trap bar deads. Those should strengthen your hammies and glutes, oh and glute bridges are a great exercise as well.

Originally Posted by RunFromIt View Post
    Do I have it? to add in, I deadlift the way you said, straightening the legs first then using all back, but I squat well. My ass never hurts when I squat, which is weird. My first set always has lower back pain, but that's with really light weight, and once I'm warmed up it goes away. Also, I don't know if this could do it, but often fall asleep on my stomach. I usually wake up on a side though.
    Yes you do have it, as you can see your belt line is at an angle. Sleeping on your stomach is a no no, practice sleeping on your side. You will get used to it.

Hmm.. I found that if I conscientiously suck in my stomach a little and keep it flexed, my posture improved to the point that the arch goes away, my chest puffs out and I feel a little better. I feel more upright and a little less tense. Is that all it takes? I don't really wanna fuss with all the stretches unless it gets to a point where I'm in pain all the time, which I'm not (only when I warm up with squats).
    it will be much easier to hold good posture if you stretch and foam roll, and will help reduce the curve in your spine even more. But just practicing good posture helps significantly. I recommend you do everything, but you can do what you want. It depends on how important it is for you to fix it.

user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hey man I had an amazing story with my pelvic tilt being fixed and it was healing my depression... Then I went to the doc and he told me to take an antidepressant and the next morning I lost everything and my entire body turned stiff... I was carrying myself so easily and then it became so hard again that it pissed me off to the point where I went to the doc and threatened to sue for malpractice.... I don't like trusting a doc to handle me to give dangerous medications without warning of side effects.... I want everyone here to stay clear of taking antidepressants during your journey of becoming straight again. Those are dangerous mess that doctors prescribe to keep you visiting for your money....

TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DGBoutte View Post
    hey man I had an amazing story with my pelvic tilt being fixed and it was healing my depression... Then I went to the doc and he told me to take an antidepressant and the next morning I lost everything and my entire body turned stiff... I was carrying myself so easily and then it became so hard again that it pissed me off to the point where I went to the doc and threatened to sue for malpractice.... I don't like trusting a doc to handle me to give dangerous medications without warning of side effects.... I want everyone here to stay clear of taking antidepressants during your journey of becoming straight again. Those are dangerous mess that doctors prescribe to keep you visiting for your money....
    Lettuce be reality anti depressants are a joke. I would not recommend anyone taking any medicine from a doctor unless they absolutely have to.

Your pelvic tilt was causing you depression? What was going on brah?

user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user58374 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your pelvic tilt was causing you depression? What was going on brah?
    naw, I think the meds turned me depressed and I had a body language of looking sad. Stiff muscles and stuff are side effects of taking that medication and I guess the muscles I worked hard on fixing started to turn stiff.

K0pe is on a distinguished road. (+10) K0pe is on a distinguished road. (+10) K0pe is on a distinguished road. (+10) K0pe is on a distinguished road. (+10) K0pe is on a distinguished road. (+10) K0pe is on a distinguished road. (+10) K0pe is on a distinguished road. (+10) K0pe is on a distinguished road. (+10) K0pe is on a distinguished road. (+10) K0pe is on a distinguished road. (+10) K0pe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Is it normal to have my ass hurt when sitting on plastic/metal chairs? lol. I still have APT because I got lazy with fixing it, but my posture is good now. It's just my back is still slightly curved because my apt use to be really bad (worse than yours brobrah).

Well anyway, I sit up straight all the time, and at home on my computer chair, kitchen chair, anything or at the gym on a bench or something, my ass doesn't hurt at all. But when I sit up straight at school on the plastic or metal chairs (whatever they're made from), my ass starts to hurt after a while, like all my weight is being centered on it. I'm guessing it's because it's too use to have a layer of fat over it with my APT? I usually lean forward and lay my head down on the desk for a bit after sitting straight for a while because my ass doesn't hurt when I do that.

heres a pic on feb 22nd of my apt, this is the day i got my foam roller. I'll take a pic of my back/posture when my cut is over along with my progress shots to show how I progressed.

edit: My back is so greatly curved mostly because I use to think good posture meant arching my lower back to pick my chest up lol. But it was still pretty damn bad

Also do you recommend sleeping on my back or side? I use to sleep on my stomach all the time but now I always fall asleep on my back and end up waking up usually on my back or on my side.
    Last edited by K0pe; 04-27-2011 at 07:41 PM.
    Recomp till further notice

johnnie1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for your support TheBroBrah. I just ordered my foam roller. It will probably arrive in a day or three, so I can start to seriously attack this. I have already started doing hip flexor and quad stretches and have stopped pounding my legs for the time being.

My problem is compounded by abdominal distension (diastasis recti), which makes my gut stick out even more. It's like I'm close to giving birth, horrible... And on top of that, my abs look like total **** because of the full-blown distension. I hope stomach vacuums can clean up that problem...
    Last edited by johnnie1983; 04-27-2011 at 09:27 PM.

FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FueledByYelyah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    http://img600.imageshack.us/g/dsc00280w.jpg/

here are a few pictures of my problem...disregard the cum stains on the mirror and such...any thoughts? i guess this is what i have

also, can you guys see some definition in my abs and midsection? I think i see that V!! lol

woofermazing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofermazing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofermazing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofermazing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofermazing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofermazing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofermazing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofermazing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofermazing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofermazing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofermazing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My posture has greatly improved, but my low back has been really tender recently. Probably just from the muscles not being accustomed to the correct position. Anyone else experienced this?

amazinglarry104 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amazinglarry104 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amazinglarry104 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amazinglarry104 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amazinglarry104 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amazinglarry104 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amazinglarry104 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amazinglarry104 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amazinglarry104 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amazinglarry104 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amazinglarry104 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    got my foam roller today and just tried it for the first time. it hurts but feels so good. hopefully this will fix my back. i have it pretty bad
    ★★★ I'm a Victim of Circumstance ★★★

I was doing amazing a few weeks ago fixing my posture. I was obsessed with it. I went to a physical therapist yesterday and he evaluated my neck. My neck is in worser shape than i thought LOL. He told me to just keep straight posture all day like before and stay away from all doctor medications. I had a whole week into my posture getting fixed and i took just 1 antidepressant and everything i worked hard for went away and it made it so hard to start again that i just quit and lived with it. Well guess what, this wont stop me and im going to earn my posture back again! Actually going to the physical therapist where he evaluated all of my pain showed me that i truly do need alot of work and I just cant wait to get started. So lately ive been trying to sit down with butt out and hold good posture all day and as soon as I notice a different feeling then I will be hooked and it will fix! But anyway, just wanted to share my little story have a good day guys.

Galactico has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Galactico has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Galactico has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Galactico has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Galactico has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    do i have it??

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/1849/hmmdoi.jpg

i dont think that i really have rounded shoulders, but my back and neck tend to hurt alot and my stomach is pushed forward.

I always walk like a *** cause it hurts otherwise

1cesc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Galactico View Post
    do i have it??

i dont think that i really have rounded shoulders, but my back and neck tend to hurt alot and my stomach is pushed forward.

nope you don't have it.

bulking on lechon and PB shoot2turtle's Avatar
    shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000)

Do I have APT? I don't have the dramatic curve some of you guys have but my belt line is at an angle. Plus I have constant lower back and hip tightness/discomfort issues.
    Attached Images
    "When your takedown defense consists of calling the other guy gay, you're in deep ****." -hargainer82

→ FLIP GAMEOVER CREW ←
    Treasure Hunter Crew [THC]

Whey2Grow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whey2Grow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whey2Grow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whey2Grow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whey2Grow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whey2Grow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whey2Grow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whey2Grow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whey2Grow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whey2Grow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whey2Grow has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hey mate, your inbox is full but i tried sending you a msg.

Just wondering, you say to foam roll and stretch everyday. I have been doing this twice a day (morning and night) (post training and night) Is this ok ? or is it too much ?
    "Do not look to the ground for your next step; greatness lies with those who look to the horizon."

“The most powerful element that builds your body is the mental state you bring to your training.”

SLIN SANE LOG http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=608893323#post608893323

madkad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madkad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madkad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madkad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madkad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madkad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madkad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madkad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madkad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madkad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madkad has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    so in my yoga that I have just started, as I want to be flexible and I have baddish APT it goes into allot of touching the toes etc and this stretches my calves etc allot is this a bad thing as I want to keep them tight don't I?

if so ho the hell am I still meant to become flexible?

I am trying to correct my APT and stretch my flexors etc so that I can squat well and have good posture, I get bad back with heavy squats so I am trying to fix things so I don't stall

EDIT: by the way I did read this

Do not stretch the hamstrings, i repeat, DO NOT! Stretch the hamstrings. But i can't even touch my toes you say? Well this is because of the position of your spine, once you fix your APT you will magically be able to touch your toes again (Or just be able to stretch farther).
    I feel allot of pull in my calves than my hams though so is this still the case?
    Squat = 336lb x5 (want 350lb)
    Bench Press = 198lb x3 (want 200lb x 5)
    Dead Lifts = 374lb x1 (want 400lb)

www.unleashedbeasts.com = Prizes to win in our competition now

ClerisyBrah is not very well liked. (-100) ClerisyBrah is not very well liked. (-100) ClerisyBrah is not very well liked. (-100) ClerisyBrah is not very well liked. (-100) ClerisyBrah is not very well liked. (-100) ClerisyBrah is not very well liked. (-100) ClerisyBrah is not very well liked. (-100) ClerisyBrah is not very well liked. (-100) ClerisyBrah is not very well liked. (-100) ClerisyBrah is not very well liked. (-100) ClerisyBrah is not very well liked. (-100)
    Updated Pic, other one was bad lighting.
    Yeah, I played video games 24/7 for around two years too..

I pulled my pants down a bit so you can see where my back starts. (no homo)

madkad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madkad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madkad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madkad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madkad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madkad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madkad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madkad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madkad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madkad has a spectacular aura about. (+250) madkad has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    also

when I do stiff leg dead lifts this gets my hams really bad, so would this be a good way to stiffen them up as long as I don't stretch them?

coolsauce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey - does APT cause patella maltracking as well? cos i got that pretty bad and i hear to fix it you need to toughen up your quads - but you say to stay away from quad dominant exercises? should i do quad exercies to help my patella maltracking ( if related to APT) or will that stop me from putting that ass down and correcting my APT please help :S

got my foam roller today, it hurts bad when using is it meant to?

and also how the hell does it stretch the parts you do it on? as it just feels like its pushing hard into the muscle?

Sorry guys, haven't been replying in this thread for a while. I'm back now.

Originally Posted by K0pe View Post
    Is it normal to have my ass hurt when sitting on plastic/metal chairs? lol. I still have APT because I got lazy with fixing it, but my posture is good now. It's just my back is still slightly curved because my apt use to be really bad (worse than yours brobrah).

Well anyway, I sit up straight all the time, and at home on my computer chair, kitchen chair, anything or at the gym on a bench or something, my ass doesn't hurt at all. But when I sit up straight at school on the plastic or metal chairs (whatever they're made from), my ass starts to hurt after a while, like all my weight is being centered on it. I'm guessing it's because it's too use to have a layer of fat over it with my APT? I usually lean forward and lay my head down on the desk for a bit after sitting straight for a while because my ass doesn't hurt when I do that.

heres a pic on feb 22nd of my apt, this is the day i got my foam roller. I'll take a pic of my back/posture when my cut is over along with my progress shots to show how I progressed.

edit: My back is so greatly curved mostly because I use to think good posture meant arching my lower back to pick my chest up lol. But it was still pretty damn bad

Also do you recommend sleeping on my back or side? I use to sleep on my stomach all the time but now I always fall asleep on my back and end up waking up usually on my back or on my side.
    It's normal man, you just need to get used to it, i went through the same thing. You definitely have a pretty bad case of APT though, keep up the good work though bro.

You can sleep on your back or side, it doesn't really matter. Just try to avoid sleeping on your stomach as it's very bad on your spine. It takes a while to get used to but eventually you'll be able to sleep in the same position all night. It just takes practice.

Originally Posted by johnnie1983 View Post
    Thanks for your support TheBroBrah. I just ordered my foam roller. It will probably arrive in a day or three, so I can start to seriously attack this. I have already started doing hip flexor and quad stretches and have stopped pounding my legs for the time being.

My problem is compounded by abdominal distension (diastasis recti), which makes my gut stick out even more. It's like I'm close to giving birth, horrible... And on top of that, my abs look like total **** because of the full-blown distension. I hope stomach vacuums can clean up that problem...
    No problem man, I'm glad you ordered a foam roller. Just keep it up and stay consistent like I've told everyone else. Do some heavy weighted planks, you will need a gym partner for this but trust me it's well worth it and it will help prevent the ab distension a lot.

Originally Posted by FueledByYelyah View Post
    http://img600.imageshack.us/g/dsc00280w.jpg/

here are a few pictures of my problem...disregard the cum stains on the mirror and such...any thoughts? i guess this is what i have

also, can you guys see some definition in my abs and midsection? I think i see that V!! lol
    Yes you do have APT, lol you know you have APT when your gut sticks out and you still have ab definition haha.

Originally Posted by woofermazing View Post
    My posture has greatly improved, but my low back has been really tender recently. Probably just from the muscles not being accustomed to the correct position. Anyone else experienced this?
    Yeah, you'll just have to get used to it man, i experienced the same thing. It'll go away.

Originally Posted by amazinglarry104 View Post
    got my foam roller today and just tried it for the first time. it hurts but feels so good. hopefully this will fix my back. i have it pretty bad
    Yes, if it hurts that means those muscles are tight. Just keep it up and you will fix it i promise. Remember to practice good posture.

Originally Posted by DGBoutte View Post
    I was doing amazing a few weeks ago fixing my posture. I was obsessed with it. I went to a physical therapist yesterday and he evaluated my neck. My neck is in worser shape than i thought LOL. He told me to just keep straight posture all day like before and stay away from all doctor medications. I had a whole week into my posture getting fixed and i took just 1 antidepressant and everything i worked hard for went away and it made it so hard to start again that i just quit and lived with it. Well guess what, this wont stop me and im going to earn my posture back again! Actually going to the physical therapist where he evaluated all of my pain showed me that i truly do need alot of work and I just cant wait to get started. So lately ive been trying to sit down with butt out and hold good posture all day and as soon as I notice a different feeling then I will be hooked and it will fix! But anyway, just wanted to share my little story have a good day guys.
    Glad too hear that man!! Yes it becomes very addicting haha, which is a good thing because you need to make it a habbit to fix it! Keep it up bro!

Originally Posted by Galactico View Post
    do i have it??

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/1849/hmmdoi.jpg

Nah your good bro, you don't have it. Your belt line is straight and i don't see an excessive curve in your back.

Originally Posted by shoot2turtle View Post

Do I have APT? I don't have the dramatic curve some of you guys have but my belt line is at an angle. Plus I have constant lower back and hip tightness/discomfort issues.
    Yes you do have it. Good luck bro! Order a foam roller!

Originally Posted by Whey2Grow View Post
    Hey mate, your inbox is full but i tried sending you a msg.

Just wondering, you say to foam roll and stretch everyday. I have been doing this twice a day (morning and night) (post training and night) Is this ok ? or is it too much ?
    Sorry yeah i forgot to delete all my messages. It's cleared now so you can message me whatever you need to. And actually i would recommend you do it 3 times a day, you can't really do it too much to be honest.

Originally Posted by madkad View Post
    so in my yoga that I have just started, as I want to be flexible and I have baddish APT it goes into allot of touching the toes etc and this stretches my calves etc allot is this a bad thing as I want to keep them tight don't I?

if so ho the hell am I still meant to become flexible?

I am trying to correct my APT and stretch my flexors etc so that I can squat well and have good posture, I get bad back with heavy squats so I am trying to fix things so I don't stall

EDIT: by the way I did read this

I feel allot of pull in my calves than my hams though so is this still the case?
    Yeah try to stay away from stretching your hammies, glutes, and abs. You want those muscles to be strengthened and tight. And yes you should feel some pull in your calves as well.

Originally Posted by ClerisyBrah View Post
    Updated Pic, other one was bad lighting.
    Yeah, I played video games 24/7 for around two years too..

I pulled my pants down a bit so you can see where my back starts. (no homo)
    Yep definitely have it. I bet you got hella good at video games though, i know i did haha. Played quake all day errday.

also

when I do stiff leg dead lifts this gets my hams really bad, so would this be a good way to stiffen them up as long as I don't stretch them?
    Yes it would, stiff leg deads are perfect.

Originally Posted by coolsauce View Post
    Hey - does APT cause patella maltracking as well? cos i got that pretty bad and i hear to fix it you need to toughen up your quads - but you say to stay away from quad dominant exercises? should i do quad exercies to help my patella maltracking ( if related to APT) or will that stop me from putting that ass down and correcting my APT please help :S
    I would say correct your APT first then work from there to fix your other problem.

got my foam roller today, it hurts bad when using is it meant to?

and also how the hell does it stretch the parts you do it on? as it just feels like its pushing hard into the muscle?
    Yes it is supposed to hurt, it means those muscles are too tight. It doesn't stretch your muscles it's a myofacial release to help with your muscle tissue quality. That's why you need to stretch and foam roll.

repped thanks for the reply and the help, you are dedicated in helping wish I had more reps tor offer

again thanks

Steelo320 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    OP can you please describe what "specific" Foam Roller exercises you need to do to correct APT, how long you use the roller for each exercise and how you go about doing the exercise. I'm a little confused with the PDF file you linked and I read through most of the posts in this thread and I couldn't find anywhere with a list of actual exercises to do with the roller and if there is one I must have missed it.

Thanks a lot.

Originally Posted by Steelo320 View Post
    OP can you please describe what "specific" Foam Roller exercises you need to do to correct APT, how long you use the roller for each exercise and how you go about doing the exercise. I'm a little confused with the PDF file you linked and I read through most of the posts in this thread and I couldn't find anywhere with a list of actual exercises to do with the roller and if there is one I must have missed it.

Thanks a lot.
    I could be wrong so would be interested to know also

but these are what I have been doing as I took it you dont stretch the back of you legs in anyway or work them in a way that could make them loose, so I does these with 10 reps slowly

Thoracic Spine Mobility
    Quads
    Hip Flexors (both sides)

hope I wasn't wrong lol

Goldfurnace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goldfurnace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goldfurnace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goldfurnace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goldfurnace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goldfurnace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goldfurnace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goldfurnace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goldfurnace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goldfurnace has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goldfurnace has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    brobrah... I've been following what you been saying right, stretching the hip flexors, strengthening abs, hamstrings glutts... but it's not helping in fact it's giving me more lower back pain and the curve is there still....

If you guys think you got it bad you havent seen mine.. I got the biggest gut and monkey butt and the biggest curve.

I don't understand the mechanics of this brobrah.. when I do hacksquats I go up to 400 lbs and it works my quads mostly, then I gotta do ham curls to compensate and the glutts I can only work out on a special machine.. Maybe I'm doing this wrong but I also haven't deadlifted since I noticed I had the apt and it hasn't helped, I hoped by neglecting lower back that it would lessen it but it hasn't, can you touch up on all the points I just wrote? I'm so confused and looking to straighten this lower back once and for all! I will post a pic soon of my apt

bulking on lechon and PB shoot2turtle's Avatar
    shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000) shoot2turtle is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Goldfurnace View Post
    brobrah... I've been following what you been saying right, stretching the hip flexors, strengthening abs, hamstrings glutts... but it's not helping in fact it's giving me more lower back pain and the curve is there still....

If you guys think you got it bad you havent seen mine.. I got the biggest gut and monkey butt and the biggest curve.

I don't understand the mechanics of this brobrah.. when I do hacksquats I go up to 400 lbs and it works my quads mostly, then I gotta do ham curls to compensate and the glutts I can only work out on a special machine.. Maybe I'm doing this wrong but I also haven't deadlifted since I noticed I had the apt and it hasn't helped, I hoped by neglecting lower back that it would lessen it but it hasn't, can you touch up on all the points I just wrote? I'm so confused and looking to straighten this lower back once and for all! I will post a pic soon of my apt
    start doing glute hip thrusts everyday. helped with mine
    "When your takedown defense consists of calling the other guy gay, you're in deep ****." -hargainer82

→ FLIP GAMEOVER CREW ←
    Treasure Hunter Crew [THC]