Page 58 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 1813
    svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000)
    @KMadigan777 : Cool bro glad to hear you're sorting it out finally, ya working the glutes is key !

Based on posts here, decided to switch to hip thrusts instead of glute bridge.
    Really impressed how it works the neck flexors (damn was hard at first)
    Bit easier to fall into bad form unfortunately, but all in all good stuff, hopefully will be more practical than glute bridge for heavier weights.

Registered User patientpredator's Avatar
    patientpredator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patientpredator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patientpredator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patientpredator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patientpredator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patientpredator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patientpredator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patientpredator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patientpredator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patientpredator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patientpredator is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thanks for all the good info.

Been stretching/strengthening, all I'm finding that a definitely am starting to see much better hip mobility and I find it easier to hold a 'normal' posture. However whenever I;m not actively thinking about it, that posture seems to slip back to ATP. Does it get easier to maintain? Or will my hip naturally stay in the right place after enough training it. Cheers.

JoeTinpan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeTinpan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeTinpan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeTinpan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeTinpan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeTinpan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeTinpan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeTinpan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeTinpan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeTinpan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeTinpan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Out of 1700+ posts, I would say I read over 1000 of them.....most of them I skimmed since they were short and didn't involve a lot of information. I can't wait to get started on this, this thread needs to keep getting bumped because a lot of people probably deal with this without even realizing it.
    ****St. Jude/FedEx Classic Donation Thread****
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173739861

First its 1 scoop of pre-workout, then its 3, then you don't even know if you're on it anymore

Philippians 4:13

That evil 3 letter store which must not be named.....

thecooker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello, I've been working on fixing my posture since I know that I have femoroaccetabular impingment. But there is something I don't get just right now. When I walk should I squeeze or tight the abs like the but? Because otherwise I feel that my lowweback is not flat, but It feels weird and hard to be doing that all time.

Is there any link where I can check how should my posture be and how should I walk?

Registered User staymotivated45's Avatar
    staymotivated45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have had APT for awhile. It hurts to walk, my legs hurt, knees.i also have subluxation of my peroneal tendon (dont know if this plays a part). I have tackled glute workouts hard (bridges, single and double leg, pull throughs, side steps with bands), and ab workouts (planks, bird dogs, hanging leg raises), my hips arent tight no more due to stretching, but i still have the tilt. I have not done any hamstring exercises. My hamstrings feel tight after swimming this week and my pain has increased. Can i still have this problem due to me neglecting my hamstrings? I have been at this for months and im still in the pain cave. What exercises can i do for my hamstrings?

svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by thecooker View Post
    Hello, I've been working on fixing my posture since I know that I have femoroaccetabular impingment. But there is something I don't get just right now. When I walk should I squeeze or tight the abs like the but? Because otherwise I feel that my lowweback is not flat, but It feels weird and hard to be doing that all time.

Is there any link where I can check how should my posture be and how should I walk?
    Afaik your body shift from APT to PPT on each side during a walk, it's a complex shift that's handled on the instinctual level.
    I've tried to "change the way I walk" consciously but had nothing but problems, can't help you there sorry bro

Originally Posted by staymotivated45 View Post
    I have had APT for awhile. It hurts to walk, my legs hurt, knees.i also have subluxation of my peroneal tendon (dont know if this plays a part). I have tackled glute workouts hard (bridges, single and double leg, pull throughs, side steps with bands), and ab workouts (planks, bird dogs, hanging leg raises), my hips arent tight no more due to stretching, but i still have the tilt. I have not done any hamstring exercises. My hamstrings feel tight after swimming this week and my pain has increased. Can i still have this problem due to me neglecting my hamstrings? I have been at this for months and im still in the pain cave. What exercises can i do for my hamstrings?
    Are you sure your hamstrings are tight and not stretched ?
    Try foamroll your hams / glutes and post here if you find any knots anywhere mate

Registered User staymotivated45's Avatar
    staymotivated45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I injured my back and ankle and sat for awhile at my job. I went to some ****ty therapist, was finally told i could have APT by a sports Chiro. I assume sitting weakened my glutes hams and core. Sorry when i said tight i meant lengthened. My main focus has been the glutes and core. I did not know i had to strengthen the hammies, so i started a couple days ago. I dont know any hammie exercise besides glute ham raise and a stability ball extension.

KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Guys, read my last couple of posts the last couple pages, it was me struggling with this, svartberg is always good too. But basicly, here is what I found: stretching did NOT help meaningfully except some low back/ quaduarous lumborum. Squats HURT, and hip thrusts did not truly make a difference.

Did lots of ab work, didnt really matter.

Did a lot of glute stuff (split squats) etc help a little

For me, glute STABILITY was the key. Things like walking lunges with knee drives, clams/bird dogs were HUGE. Seriously guys, its crazy how dumb this sounds when I was squatting/dl 200+ that i'm doing these band exercises, but it teaches your glutes to flex.

I actually FEEL my glutes tighten when I walk now, I actually 'know' how to walk, its crazy now.

Kapperzacho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys can you tell me if I have apt?

Thanks
    Attached Images

Registered User HeltOvrEvrythin's Avatar
    HeltOvrEvrythin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Whats going on guys! 2 years later the pain is finally going away. I had it bad. Lower back, hip tightness, sharp growing pain, glut med, piriformis, hamstrings and calfs were a killer.... This website right here saved my damn life.... anteriorpelvictilt.com no bull ****. smooth ass content. just dedicate yourself. bookmark the page because thats all you need! Good luck guys! stay at it, its wellllll worth it.

anteriorpelvictilt.com

Dedicate yourself!

Originally Posted by Kapperzacho View Post
    Hey guys can you tell me if I have apt?

Thanks
    Ye man you got APT

Originally Posted by KMadigan777 View Post
    Guys, read my last couple of posts the last couple pages, it was me struggling with this, svartberg is always good too. But basicly, here is what I found: stretching did NOT help meaningfully except some low back/ quaduarous lumborum. Squats HURT, and hip thrusts did not truly make a difference.

Did lots of ab work, didnt really matter.

Did a lot of glute stuff (split squats) etc help a little

For me, glute STABILITY was the key. Things like walking lunges with knee drives, clams/bird dogs were HUGE. Seriously guys, its crazy how dumb this sounds when I was squatting/dl 200+ that i'm doing these band exercises, but it teaches your glutes to flex.

I actually FEEL my glutes tighten when I walk now, I actually 'know' how to walk, its crazy now.
    Hey man how's that going, any good ?

I remember when I did mobility exercises in martial arts long time ago (e.g. tai sabaki), mobility/stability is defo good stuff
    Maybe post some youtube links of the exercises you do ?

JetsonCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is this exercise good for strengthening hamstrings? /watch?v=Ygy6sipH-BM

EatMoBettah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EatMoBettah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EatMoBettah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EatMoBettah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EatMoBettah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EatMoBettah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EatMoBettah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EatMoBettah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EatMoBettah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EatMoBettah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EatMoBettah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Guys,

This post is 58 pages long. I suffer from this back/hip issue so I'm down to read every single page if necessary. But, to possibly save some time, is it possible to start at the middle or something? I ask more because I don't wanna get to like page 20 and find out that everything from pages 1-19 is now outdated. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

EatMoBettah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EatMoBettah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EatMoBettah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EatMoBettah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EatMoBettah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EatMoBettah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EatMoBettah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EatMoBettah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EatMoBettah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EatMoBettah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EatMoBettah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Finally got some off-time from my busy schedule and saw no one replied to this. I guess I'll start from page 1.

MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by T150 View Post
    What do you guys think of this deadlift form for APT? Watch from 2:00

I'm trying to incorporate deadlifts but this dudes form seems weird as hell. After trying it, I feel it in my abs but feel almost nothing in my hams.

Not the best idea. If you have APT, then you may be dealing with a flexion intolerant spine so lifting in a position of high lumbar flexion would be foolish. Not to mention you're shortening the moment arm of the hamstrings which you're trying to strengthen. I discuss the concept in more depth here:

Originally Posted by HeltOvrEvrythin View Post
    Whats going on guys! 2 years later the pain is finally going away. I had it bad. Lower back, hip tightness, sharp growing pain, glut med, piriformis, hamstrings and calfs were a killer.... This website right here saved my damn life.... anteriorpelvictilt.com no bull ****. smooth ass content. just dedicate yourself. bookmark the page because thats all you need! Good luck guys! stay at it, its wellllll worth it.

anteriorpelvictilt.com

Dedicate yourself!
    Naudi Agular?

Yeah...no. Biggest joke of the fitness industry.
    B.S. Exercise Science
    M.S. Applied Sport Science and Exercise Physiology

Boxerkick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boxerkick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boxerkick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boxerkick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boxerkick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boxerkick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boxerkick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boxerkick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boxerkick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boxerkick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boxerkick is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    wow... great tips and instruction for APT. nice videos

premierhcp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great post! I learned a lot from here. I'm thinkingof seeing my doctor due to consistent back pain. Thanks

taiooo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taiooo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taiooo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taiooo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taiooo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taiooo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taiooo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taiooo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taiooo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taiooo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taiooo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question

Hello,

Thanks for this post, it's always interesting to see how people solve this ****ing problem...

In my case, APT is due to weak glutes and hams.

I do Fierce 5 Novice Routine : /showthread.php?t=159678631 . So I modified it to reduce my APT. That seems to work (less back pain and a slightly better posture) but I want your opinion please. Just to see if I can optimize this routine.

Workout A

Rear Lunge 3x8 (instead of Squat 3x5)
    Bench 3x5
    Chest Supported Row 3x8 (i/o Pendlay Rows 3x8 to minimize lower back work)
    Leg Curl 3x8
    Face Pulls 3x10 / Tricep pressdowns 2x10 Superset

Workout B

Kickback Machine 3x8 (i/o Front Squat 3x5, see attachments for the exercise)
    Overhead Press 3x5
    Lat Pulldowns 3x8
    Calf raises 2x10 (i/o 2x15 because my calves grow with lower rep...)
    Shrug 2x10 / Bicep curls 2x10 Superset

I do plank and glute bridges at the end of workouts, I alternate them, 2-3 sets. And of course, during the cooldown, I stretch quads, psoas, hip mainly.

What's your opinion please ? Thank you
    Attached Images

Recently bought an bench which is bit too high for hip thrusts.
    Any tips on getting the feet level higher to compensate ?

DistendedGut is on a distinguished road. (+10) DistendedGut is on a distinguished road. (+10) DistendedGut is on a distinguished road. (+10) DistendedGut is on a distinguished road. (+10) DistendedGut is on a distinguished road. (+10) DistendedGut is on a distinguished road. (+10) DistendedGut is on a distinguished road. (+10) DistendedGut is on a distinguished road. (+10) DistendedGut is on a distinguished road. (+10) DistendedGut is on a distinguished road. (+10) DistendedGut is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Do I have APT? My ribs stick out past my chest.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by DistendedGut; 08-26-2016 at 09:12 AM.

T150 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T150 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T150 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T150 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T150 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T150 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T150 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T150 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T150 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T150 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T150 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

2 in 1. Seems like a good workout for APT.

ValiantHero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TheBroBrah View Post
    Did you gain height by fixing this?

bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by svartberg View Post
    Recently bought an bench which is bit too high for hip thrusts.
    Any tips on getting the feet level higher to compensate ?
    hi old friend. found a solution? maybe use some weight plates?? or a piece of wood??

bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DistendedGut View Post
    Do I have APT? My ribs stick out past my chest.
    Looks quite fine to me. but its seems that you havent got the best posture you could have. focuse on upper back (mid traps, rhomboids), stretch chest and shoulders. and some static ab work (planks).

Originally Posted by ValiantHero View Post
    Did you gain height by fixing this?
    depends on your current posture. if you have stronger kyphosis (rounded upper back) and youre able to fix it, you'll will automatically stay more upright and eventually gain one or two centimeter.

Legsday is on a distinguished road. (+10) Legsday is on a distinguished road. (+10) Legsday is on a distinguished road. (+10) Legsday is on a distinguished road. (+10) Legsday is on a distinguished road. (+10) Legsday is on a distinguished road. (+10) Legsday is on a distinguished road. (+10) Legsday is on a distinguished road. (+10) Legsday is on a distinguished road. (+10) Legsday is on a distinguished road. (+10) Legsday is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Should I avoid squats/deadlifts if my APT is bad

MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Legsday View Post
    Should I avoid squats/deadlifts if my APT is bad
    No, you just may need to adjust which variation of the movement you're performing. For example, most with poor lumbo-pelvic control should likely utilize a trap bar deadlift or RDL coupled with a safety bar squat or front squat.

Again, these are just VERY basic examples. The exercise selection should be based upon your movement capabilities and current level of motor control. Some may need really heavy goblet squats, others may be alright with paused box squats depending upon how they're coached and cued. Much of it is individual but here's a few good rules of thumb:
    1. If it feels poor/awkward, then odds are it is. Get some eyes on it or take a video to see what's up.
    2. If you get a low back pump during squats or deads (not sets of 20 here, just normal reps), then there's an issue.
    3. Always regress if you think there's an issue. Regression is a necessity for technical proficiency.
    B.S. Exercise Science
    M.S. Applied Sport Science and Exercise Physiology

From Bones to Brawn SkinnyBeast24's Avatar
    SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Bench 315x1 - Squat 415x1 - Deadlift 515x1 Total = 1,245

3/4/5 Club as of 8-23-2019. Feels good man.

M.S. Exercise Science (2018)
    Certified by: NSCA C.S.C.S, NASM-CPT

6'5 Manmore, 230 pounds, 15% body-fat (Bod Pod tested)

COLTS (football) - Lakers (LeGOAT) - Indians (Baseball) - Uconn Huskies (college) - USA Soccer

Originally Posted by bastianek View Post
    hi old friend. found a solution? maybe use some weight plates?? or a piece of wood??
    Hey hey brother, long time no see!

Atm using an old lower bench, it's not perfect but better than before
    Digging the wood idea, defo gonna try it some time, cheers mate

From Bones to Brawn SkinnyBeast24's Avatar
    SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SkinnyBeast24 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by TheBroBrah View Post
    The ideal measurements are 1-5 degrees for men, and 7-10 degrees for women.
    u have a research study supporting this ?
    Bench 315x1 - Squat 415x1 - Deadlift 515x1 Total = 1,245

3/4/5 Club as of 8-23-2019. Feels good man.

M.S. Exercise Science (2018)
    Certified by: NSCA C.S.C.S, NASM-CPT

6'5 Manmore, 230 pounds, 15% body-fat (Bod Pod tested)

COLTS (football) - Lakers (LeGOAT) - Indians (Baseball) - Uconn Huskies (college) - USA Soccer

Page 58 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast