Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 1813
    bamb00k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamb00k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamb00k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamb00k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamb00k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamb00k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamb00k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamb00k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamb00k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    now i'm back to work again to correct my APT + kyphosis. i founded that i have my back pain relief then i tennis ball trigger points in my psoas, trapezius and pecs. so now i decided correct my posture to prevent new trigger points . now i'm doing tennis ball/stretches only. but gonna add prone cobra and glute bridge very soon, and after 2 months or earlier gonna go to gym and add dumbbell row, RDL's, maybe cable rows, weighted glute bridges and some hamstring training. i will post my results here if i ll have them. coz i've seen results from this large theme only from bro'brah and svartberg.
    and i'm agree now with bro'brah that foam roll/tennis ball massage or trigger point release is the important part of poor posture treatment. coz if u have many years tight muscles from poor posture u probably have muscle knots (trigger points) and they won't let you srtetch if you don't release them.

SitchNoHomo is a name known to all. (+5000) SitchNoHomo is a name known to all. (+5000) SitchNoHomo is a name known to all. (+5000) SitchNoHomo is a name known to all. (+5000) SitchNoHomo is a name known to all. (+5000) SitchNoHomo is a name known to all. (+5000) SitchNoHomo is a name known to all. (+5000) SitchNoHomo is a name known to all. (+5000) SitchNoHomo is a name known to all. (+5000) SitchNoHomo is a name known to all. (+5000) SitchNoHomo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by svartberg View Post

Why can't you sleep on back bro, does your lower back gets curved up and stiff afterwards ?

For APT, maybe pick exercises where you can progressively increase weight ?
    • Front core (tranverse abdominis, etc) - e.g. weighted front planks with a stack of plates on the back (I do 40sec sets)
    • Side core (internal obliques, etc) - e.g. weighted side planks with dumbell on my hips (I do 40sec sets)
    • Glutes - Are your supine bridges weighted ? if not try it out really hits the glutes nice (I do few 30sec reps per set)
    Simply cant fall asleep on the back. But if I could my back would probably get curved up and stiff.

thanks!
    sleep tight pupper

Don't wife a ho if she ain't got dat glow crew.

dax702 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dax702 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dax702 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dax702 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dax702 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dax702 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dax702 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dax702 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dax702 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dax702 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dax702 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So I've only read up to page 6 and then realized this is a 51 page thread, and I intend to read every post because I suffer from APT as well. I'm 34 years old, so I think I'm young enough to be able to correct the issue. Same here as most people, probably developed as a result of all those idiotic video games. However, I also have another problem that may or may not contribute. I have something called functional hallux limitus which simply means that my big toe doesn't bend back as far as it's supposed to when I walk and it causes my feet to pronate, or twist inwards to compensate, and it also leads to bad posture. Does anyone else in this thread have toe joint issues? Anyways, my main question is that the OP had links to a PDF file and a specific foam roller he purchased, but both of those links give a page not found, I suppose because it's been a few years. Does anyone have that PDF file, and the name/model of the roller the OP used to fix his ATP? I apologize if this has already been brought up later in the thread, but I'm only at page 6.. Having to do a lot of SITTING to read this thread but I'm sure it's worth it in this case. Many thanks to the OP as I want nothing more than to fix my posture. All you need to do to see if you have it is walk as you normally would and catch your reflection in a window, notice your neck and head jutting forward and feel the big arch in your lower back. You can lie flat on a hard surface and your lower back will still have the arch, it's so annoying and I'm determined to fix it, especially after coming across this thread!! If anyone happens to have the PDF or a link to the right foam roller(s), my email is my forum handle @gmail.com Thanks!!

bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    @dax702

Just search for a foam roller @ amazon.com. The one i have bought is sold...

You dont need the PDF file. just watch videos on youtube. (youtube search " foam roll 'muscle name' ")

krazedxboi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) krazedxboi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) krazedxboi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) krazedxboi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) krazedxboi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) krazedxboi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) krazedxboi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) krazedxboi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) krazedxboi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) krazedxboi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) krazedxboi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    going to start working to fix my APT today, subbed thread as i just came across this now but aware OP is from 2011 and this is 31 pages (50 ppp masterrace)

anything else posted outside of the OP i should take note of?
    ♣BOSTON STRONG♣

I love Taylor Swift Crew

Aaronn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaronn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaronn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaronn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaronn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaronn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaronn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaronn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaronn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaronn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaronn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I definitely have this, however.. I first started getting knee pain about 4 years ago where I could hardly bend my knee's and had trouble getting up stairs, after a year or 2 the pain almost went away in my left knee completely but my right knee is still bad but not as bad as it used to be. Now 4 years later, I have definitely got APT (since researching it) and I also get Achilles Tendon pain/Lower backpain, is this ALL related? What do you all recommend, I am so depressed having to deal with this back/knee pain every single day of my life and I feel I will never accomplish my goals having to go through this pain. Even doing squats WITHOUT weight hurts my right knee like crazy and my lower back.

T150 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T150 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T150 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T150 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T150 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T150 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T150 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T150 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T150 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T150 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) T150 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    svartberg, have you tried the Leg-lock Bridge? Think I might switch from single leg bridge to this as it seems to prevent lumbar extension that may occur in standard bridge, forcing better form.

JamieGlickPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JamieGlickPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JamieGlickPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JamieGlickPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JamieGlickPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JamieGlickPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JamieGlickPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JamieGlickPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JamieGlickPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JamieGlickPT is on a distinguished road. (+10) JamieGlickPT is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Don't know if this was mentioned already (thread is 3 years old!), but sounds like you have what Janda refers to as "Lower Crossed Syndrome". Tight erector spinae and hip flexors, weak glutes and abs. To simplify things, stretch the hip flexors and quads, strengthen the glutes and rectus abdominus and you are on your way to correcting the anterior pelvic tilt. Also, practice posteriorly pelvic tilting on your back, side and in standing. Also practice holding the posterior pelvic tilt while you are standing and walking. Good luck!
    Jamie Glick MS, PT

Chief Physical Therapist
    http://www.HowToHelpBackPain.com

svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Aaronn View Post
    I definitely have this, however.. I first started getting knee pain about 4 years ago where I could hardly bend my knee's and had trouble getting up stairs, after a year or 2 the pain almost went away in my left knee completely but my right knee is still bad but not as bad as it used to be. Now 4 years later, I have definitely got APT (since researching it) and I also get Achilles Tendon pain/Lower backpain, is this ALL related? What do you all recommend, I am so depressed having to deal with this back/knee pain every single day of my life and I feel I will never accomplish my goals having to go through this pain. Even doing squats WITHOUT weight hurts my right knee like crazy and my lower back.
    Know them feels bro, but the good news is definitely fixable.

Yes both are related to APT, read 1st post again, of course you'll get pain from doing squats.
    Knee pain - your inability to bend knees is clear indication of knots and tightness in your quads and hip-flexors, and very weak glutes & hams
    Lower back problems are related to tight lower back and weak core (transverse abdominis, internal obliques, etc)

Originally Posted by T150 View Post
    svartberg, have you tried the Leg-lock Bridge? Think I might switch from single leg bridge to this as it seems to prevent lumbar extension that may occur in standard bridge, forcing better form.
    No bro very cool ! but I warmup with weighted single-legged bridge, pretty sure I'll need both hands to hold the barbell ey

Though 100% agree is important to prevent lumbar extension during bridge mate, I follow this neat trick bamb00k posted ages ago :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...ayJXqvi0#t=246

Another thing is my core been lagging too far behind glutes, and seems to make it more difficult to stabilize the lumbar
    I'm gonna keep an eye on that, really curious if it's related will be good to keep in mind

Aaronn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaronn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaronn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaronn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaronn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaronn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaronn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaronn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaronn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaronn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aaronn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Know them feels bro, but the good news is definitely fixable.

Yes both are related to APT, read 1st post again, of course you'll get pain from doing squats.
    Knee pain - your inability to bend knees is clear indication of knots and tightness in your quads and hip-flexors, and very weak glutes & hams
    Lower back problems are related to tight lower back and weak core (transverse abdominis, internal obliques, etc)

That is awesome, appreciate the reply, could you give me advice on what the BEST exercises to train my glutes/hams/core would be in my position? I'm guessing planks/side planks for abs. Should I still squat even though it really hurts my knee's/back? What should I do about my ankle pain? I'm assuming that is tight calves?

svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000) svartberg is just really nice. (+1000)
    That is awesome, appreciate the reply, could you give me advice on what the BEST exercises to train my glutes/hams/core would be in my position? I'm guessing planks/side planks for abs. Should I still squat even though it really hurts my knee's/back? What should I do about my ankle pain? I'm assuming that is tight calves?
    np bro, I started with very short knee side planks, full front planks (knee front plank suck), and of course glute bridge with arms on the floor for support
    Then slowly worked my way up, cause my weak muscles were prone to failure, no rush ey
    As for squats, I would stop them for a few months then switch to front squats once you start hitting weighted glute bridge

Nah it's not tight calves, in layman terms APT causes uneven weight distribution to your quads, knees, ankle and toes. Once sorted it will distribute more evenly to your hams, glutes & calves, hope that made sense

Hey brahs could use some advice

I can't find a way to increase front plank to more than 30kg plates by myself.
    Don't think Backpack/Vest/Dip plate will work either
    Any advice or alternative TVA exercise where you can progressively increase weight ?

bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50) bastianek will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    @svartberg

What about planks where you raise your left hand and right food (or right hand and left food)?

Originally Posted by bastianek View Post
    @svartberg

What about planks where you raise your left hand and right food (or right hand and left food)?
    Cheers bro, that should keep me busy for a while

bamb00k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamb00k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamb00k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamb00k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamb00k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamb00k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamb00k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamb00k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bamb00k has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the right way to stretch your hip flexors: youtube hip flexor stretch - done correctly (i can't post links).
    i did it wrong until watched this video, hope it will help you guys.

AhDo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AhDo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AhDo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AhDo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AhDo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AhDo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AhDo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AhDo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AhDo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AhDo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AhDo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Is the routine in the op still the recommended routine? I'm about to start this. Any tips brahs?
    ( ͡ಠ ͜ʖ ͡ಠ) That's life son ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bamb00k View Post
    the right way to stretch your hip flexors: youtube hip flexor stretch - done correctly (i can't post links).
    i did it wrong until watched this video, hope it will help you guys.
    Sam Visnic has some solid advice on his channel.

Workout Journal, Currently back to Fierce 5 Novice: http://tinyurl.com/qgwrlkg

Nursing a hip injury back to health

"Don't give up, don't ever give up" - Jimmy V

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by AhDo View Post
    Is the routine in the op still the recommended routine? I'm about to start this. Any tips brahs?
    4 part fix

1. Stretch;foam roll quads/hip flexors
    2. Work hams/glutes/abs
    3. Stop working quads/lower back
    4. Soft tissue work. ART or graston are popular methods.

6 weeks of those and you should fix your issue. I'd suggest you follow all 4 if you are serious about this.
    Experience, not just theory

Countdooku666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yo guys is Brobrah still active in this thread ? i wonder if i should upload a picture later tonight. i have had neck / upper back / lower back problems for over 7 years due to 24/7 sitting but ive been trying to get better for over a year now but still no progress =(

Originally Posted by Countdooku666 View Post
    Yo guys is Brobrah still active in this thread ? i wonder if i should upload a picture later tonight. i have had neck / upper back / lower back problems for over 7 years due to 24/7 sitting but ive been trying to get better for over a year now but still no progress =(
    hey bro, post your weekly routine here for critique

HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by T150 View Post

If you are having trouble performing the spine bridge while planting both feet on the floor, work on tightening your core, pull your belly button to your spine and tighten your glutes while lifting, the one legged supine bridge is good but if you have core imbalance (in which you have already told yourself you do just by stating you have trouble doing the standard supine bridge), the last thing you should be doing is creating a possible rotational issue on top of your supine bridge issue.
    Workout Journal, Currently back to Fierce 5 Novice: http://tinyurl.com/qgwrlkg

Nursing a hip injury back to health

"Don't give up, don't ever give up" - Jimmy V

DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DorianJ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What about barbell glute bridge?
    Is it a good exercises to fix APT and is it true it's mostly for girls because it will ruin a guy's aesthethics?

hey bro, post your weekly routine here for critique

I start off with i used to do Back extensions in a roman chair or something i think its called to warmup my back before i started lifting stuff someone told me the best u could do for posture is back extensions and i usually felt better during the gym pass when i started with that first.

BUT u guys say if i u train the lower back it wont get better it only gets better if u stretch the back not train the back is this correct or can i continue doing back extensions in bench / roman chair whatever or will it ruin my posture even more if i continue ?

1st day Mostly Back:

Wide Chins, Seated Row - low mid high - ,Machine row, one hand dumbbell row, Lats pull down wide and small grip, Rear Deltoids in cable machine lying on bench, Seated Military Press, sometimes some hammercurls and upright cable rows, Dumbbell Shrugs.

2nd day: Ab/ Glute/ Hammy.

Hanging knee lift, Lying and holding my hands on a training bench and my feet on a seated row seat which can move up and down i drag my feet and extend my body to the fullest then draw in to stomach to contract the abdominals if u understand.

Dumbbell side bend, standing barbell with weights on only 1 side of the barbell and swing if from side to side.

Seated leg curl, lying leg curl.

Barbell glute bridge a few times now

Barbell hip thrust 2 times last training sessions best glute pain ive ever had but got some feelings in lower back and a little bit and neck and i might be afraid of the exercise but best glute exercise ive ever seen should i continue if it destroys neck lower back ?

3rd day: Rest + stretch etc then repeat again from 1st day

@ Home :

Quad Stretch

Hip Flexor stretch ( never really sure if im doing it right. Feels much easier to get it stretched on Left leg but its super hard to get the same stretch feeling the Right Leg ?? )

Quad Stretch

Havent Rolled my lower back on 2L cola bottle yet dont know if my back is straight will i destroy everything if my back isnt straight and how will i otherwise stretch my lower back if i cant handle the rolling ?

Foam Rolling Quads on a 2L Cola Bottle filled with Water.

Havent Foam rolled Hip flexors yet dont really understand how to lie on it to access hip flexors =(

and yes i must order a Foam Roller but i dont know which one it seems like if u dont live in the US u might get ****ty rollers ? how do i know if its good enough i dont wanna pay 50+ bucks for a ****ty roller that doesnt hurt me and breaks in a few weeks.

Ab rolling with ab roller wheel. ( Do i access the inner stomach muscles with this like planks ?? )

Doing some Planks but ive been lazy with them.

And some Side planks but i have a hard time to get the feeling in my side stomach obliques ?

Is there any alternative for me to access the deep stomach muscles i have hard time with planks and side planks ? =(

There Might Be some stuff i missed to write about the training and stretches at home i will update if i can think of more stuff

/Thx in advance for help im so sick of neck/ upper mid lower back pain =( i never felt knee pain though i think not enough that i would cry about it anyway =)

PS while i wrote this i got quite alot of burning in my lower back sitting at the stupid computer which ive done in the past 24/7 10+ years gaming on pc or tv or something else so something must be wrong i guess if i get burning in lowerback in such a short time but im trying to stay away from sitting and lying down more than ever before though and almost not gaming anything.

Sorry for alot of text but i appreciate all the help i can get i dont seem to be able to get out of this evil circle on my own
    Last edited by Countdooku666; 08-07-2014 at 09:28 AM.

Originally Posted by DorianJ View Post
    What about barbell glute bridge?
    Is it a good exercises to fix APT and is it true it's mostly for girls because it will ruin a guy's aesthethics?
    I hear ya bro, what I did was switch to isometric holds (e.g. 2-3 reps of ~30sec holds in each set)
    That's more stabilization fibres (posture) and less hypertrophy (big ass)

I start off with i used to do Back extensions in a roman chair or something i think its called to warmup my back before i started lifting stuff someone told me the best u could do for posture is back extensions and i usually felt better during the gym pass when i started with that first.

Sorry for alot of text but i appreciate all the help i can get i dont seem to be able to get out of this evil circle on my own
    Cool bro, the biggest mistake I see is you're mostly hitting external abs/obliques, whereas to fix APT you need to hit the internal ones.
    I would skip working out @ home, instead rest and just add those to main workouts

Here's my 2 cents
    • Replace knee lifts (external abs) with front planks / ab-roller (internal abs), squeeze your glutes and put plates on back
    • Replace side bends (external obliques, wtf you need that for) with side planks (internal obliques), squeeze glute close to floor & put dumbbell on hips
    • If you feel your lowerback in glute bridge, it's likely because your core isn't strong enough to stabilize your back straight, check post #1524 in last page
    • lol @ coca cola roller ... dude get the grid foam roller (around 40cm) it's good & durable

I hear ya bro, what I did was switch to isometric holds (e.g. 2-3 reps of ~30sec holds in each set)
    That's more stabilization fibres (posture) and less hypertrophy (big ass)

Cool bro, the biggest mistake I see is you're mostly hitting external abs/obliques, whereas to fix APT you need to hit the internal ones.
    I would skip working out @ home, instead rest and just add those to main workouts

Here's my 2 cents
    • Replace knee lifts (external abs) with front planks / ab-roller (internal abs), squeeze your glutes and put plates on back
    • Replace side bends (external obliques, wtf you need that for) with side planks (internal obliques), squeeze glute close to floor & put dumbbell on hips
    • If you feel your lowerback in glute bridge, it's likely because your core isn't strong enough to stabilize your back straight, check post #1524 in last page
    • lol @ coca cola roller ... dude get the grid foam roller (around 40cm) it's good & durable
    Yo thx for answering but i wonder i do external oblique and abs on the gym and internal obliques and abs at home does that really matter why must i skip external abs and obliques if i do both wont the internal abs and obliques progress at all if i do externql also? plus i will get fat if i skip external also? but internal is most important to fix apt but if external doesnt destroy my progress i dont see why not?

Also is there any other internal oblique exercise beside side plank? i have big trouble to feel that those are working and yes im squeezing the abs and glutes.

also u said squeeze glutes on ab roller but not suck in and hold the abs how come ?

Yo thx for answering but i wonder i do external oblique and abs on the gym and internal obliques and abs at home does that really matter why must i skip external abs and obliques if i do both wont the internal abs and obliques progress at all if i do externql also? plus i will get fat if i skip external also? but internal is most important to fix apt but if external doesnt destroy my progress i dont see why not?

Also is there any other internal oblique exercise beside side plank? i have big trouble to feel that those are working and yes im squeezing the abs and glutes.

also u said squeeze glutes on ab roller but not suck in and hold the abs how come ?
    Np bro, you're 100% right you can definitely do both, I just thought your home workout is suffering because you're spreading too thin
    But working on abs doesn't effect stomach fat dude lol ! look up "spot reduction myth"

I got a few more ideas why your core is lagging so hard :

1. Afaik ab roller actually also works lower-back (when you get to up position), especially if you just doing for reps
    From what I heard to focus more on internal abs, only do few reps, but hold at the down position for like 15-30sec.

2. You might not be doing enough intensity/volume ?
    Volume wise I do 3 sets of front planks & side planks each, about a minute per set, 2x a week
    Intensity wise, doing front planks plates on back, and side planks dumbell on my hips (though I fixed my back before even starting adding weights)

3. Foam rolling will also help get in proper form to get the full potential of these exercise (can't hurt to get one)

Anyway hope that gave you ideas to try out, good luck brah

Svart, do you think it would be best to focus 100% on the APT and getting that sorted before getting back on a full body workout routine?

Np bro, you're 100% right you can definitely do both, I just thought your home workout is suffering because you're spreading too thin
    But working on abs doesn't effect stomach fat dude lol ! look up "spot reduction myth"

I got a few more ideas why your core is lagging so hard :

1. Afaik ab roller actually also works lower-back (when you get to up position), especially if you just doing for reps
    From what I heard to focus more on internal abs, only do few reps, but hold at the down position for like 15-30sec.

2. You might not be doing enough intensity/volume ?
    Volume wise I do 3 sets of front planks & side planks each, about a minute per set, 2x a week
    Intensity wise, doing front planks plates on back, and side planks dumbell on my hips (though I fixed my back before even starting adding weights)

3. Foam rolling will also help get in proper form to get the full potential of these exercise (can't hurt to get one)

Anyway hope that gave you ideas to try out, good luck brah
    i was googling around right now and stumbled on another thread here :

hxxp://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=109110631 ( change hxxp to http ofc this site didnt allow me to have links here )

In the thread people say that hyperextensions in roman chair helps with lordosis i used to do it but stopped for 2 weeks now since im not sure about this ?

So what is ok can i do hyperextensions and other exercises on the gym for lower back and stretch lower back etc at home ?

or should i 1. only do lower back exercises and not stretch lower back. 2. Stretch lower back but dont do any lower back exercises 3. Can i both stretch and train lower back without hurting my APT ?

Ps. im pretty sure i have both Kyphosis and lordosis. Can you get neck pain upper back pain from only having lordosis ?

hey i was googling around for foam rollers and stumbled upon this:

Google This : Critical Foam Roller Review (RumbleRoller vs The Grid) this site didnt allow me to link not even with hxxp

according to this PVC pipe is the best foam roller there is ?

Svart, do you think it would be best to focus 100% on the APT and getting that sorted before getting back on a full body workout routine?
    Hey man, I'd say if you got bad back pain then definitely give it a couple months to sort it out.
    Otherwise I'd just stop bumping the weight until the muscles are more balanced, will be a shame to lose muscle ey

i was googling around right now and stumbled on another thread here : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=109110631..
    or should i 1. only do lower back exercises and not stretch lower back. 2. Stretch lower back but dont do any lower back exercises 3. Can i both stretch and train lower back without hurting my APT ?

Ps. im pretty sure i have both Kyphosis and lordosis. Can you get neck pain upper back pain from only having lordosis ?
    APT is a pretty simple muscle imbalance bro :
    [tight/stronger] hip flexors, quads, lower back [weaker] core, glutes, hams

That's really old thread, I would just foam roll (no need to stretch) lower back & strengthen core for a few months.
    That should help reduce tension/pain in lower back, and then can start hitting lower back with deadlifts or whatever.

Ya your body can assume kyphosis even if you just have APT, since the spine is S shaped to maintain balance.

Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast